When is assassin dps supposed to be good?

TJXX

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 3:35 PM, Eileithia said:

Don't know why it quoted you.... and it won't let me remove it...

Little update now that I've gotten my HM LMB, and some more upgrades.  Assassin DPS is still lower than all of my alts with LESS gear and no hongmoon skills, pretty disappointing still.  Turns out lightning dps is higher than dark build still, but my dark build is much better now with the HM LMB and I do have a bit more versatility.  I'm still pulling more dps on almost every single class so far, BD fell behind a little.  (Haven't tested bm/sf.)

Someone that uses a dps meter please pm me your actual dps numbers on the training dummy and ap/crit/dmg or post it here, because while fun, this class just isn't living up to the hype at all pve dps wise.

this dps meter just proved what i've been saying sin dps is completly trash now even bm outdps sin in the meter good job ncsoft!!! and when i use my buff even destroyer outdps sins!!! my class now is even more useless!!!

Anyway i use heart stab skill instead of bombard better change it for more dps or...? i'm desperate sin dps so bad i have to smash my keyboard to do some decent dps and still is pretty lame. HELP me GOD this is getting on my nerves!!! i think i'll stop with pve for awhile at least 4man runs, 

I'm pretty happy with the update, the QoL on stuns and poison made assassin much better to play.  The other guy is right and wrong at the same time, assassins aren't top still, just like they weren't before, but they can hang with other classes much easier now and don't have to sacrifice for stuns.

Let me get 4 things clear:

Are SINs a top tier dps class on EU/NA? They definitely are together with BM, FM, WL and SF (difference between all those classes are 5% at max). 

Are SINs the best dps class? Arguably no because BMs took that spot for EU/NA.

Are SINs top tier in KR? Again they definitely are. 

Are SINs the best dps class on KR? According to the dps meter they are together with FMs and SFs (no BM isn't top in KR). 

Period. 

1 hour ago, Shiune said:

Are SINs a top tier dps class on EU/NA? They definitely are together with BM, FM, WL and SF (difference between all those classes are 5% at max). 

Are SINs the best dps class on KR? According to the dps meter they are together with FMs and SFs (no BM isn't top in KR). 

Period. 

And the next most logical question for me will be: Why? If that is of soulshields or ligendary. Then link them! 

1 hour ago, zentoorama said:

And the next most logical question for me will be: Why? If that is of soulshields or ligendary. Then link them! 

I'll easily answer you this. 

Because SIN (and Destroyers)  benefits the most of the legendary soul badges (amulets). 

This is only the beginning though. 

Legendary soulshields and legendary soul will give us a huge dps + chi regen bonus. 

Ofc other classes get the same but right now SIN is one if the only classes which still struggles which chi management and therefore it happens once in a while that we are out of chi and need to cancel our rotation. 

In the end our version is still to much behind and we're missing essential gear upgrades to take out the biggest potential of the classes but if we refer to KR we can clearly see what which class is capable to do. 

Having the most updated skill patch won't change the fact above. 

P.S.  I can't link them because i'm writings from my phone and this forum is cancer for smartphones.

Maybe I'll do so when i'm at home. 

4 hours ago, Shiune said:

Period. 

It's not even arguable that sins are top dps, they clearly aren't.

Grouping that many classes together and calling them top dps can go both ways, you could also say sin/bd/kfm/destro are all the bottom tier dps.  You keep saying who has top/bottom dps with zero proof of anything and then referring to kr.  We don't play on kr.

1 hour ago, Shiune said:

I'll easily answer you this. 

Because SIN (and Destroyers)  benefits the most of the legendary soul badges (amulets). 

This is only the beginning though. 

Legendary soulshields and legendary soul will give us a huge dps + chi regen bonus. 

Ofc other classes get the same but right now SIN is one if the only classes which still struggles which chi management and therefore it happens once in a while that we are out of chi and need to cancel our rotation. 

In the end our version is still to much behind and we're missing essential gear upgrades to take out the biggest potential of the classes but if we refer to KR we can clearly see what which class is capable to do. 

Having the most updated skill patch won't change the fact above. 

P.S.  I can't link them because i'm writings from my phone and this forum is cancer for smartphones.

Maybe I'll do so when i'm at home. 

What kr has and what we have are completely different, there's really no reason to even mention how things are on the kr servers since we don't play on them and clearly our version is not going to match theirs any time soon.  You can get a general idea of things that might happen here, but it's not going to be the same.

I'll just leave this here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/50bph8/so_is_bm_highest_dps_along_with_fm_now/d7358t8

EACWcL8.png

You can see their stats in the thread.

----

Screenshot_160902_001.jpg

• Me: 699 AP, Stage 4 Baleful, 60.40% crit rate, 212.89% crit damage, I also had 10 FPS and bits of lag stutters throughout the entire fight.
  • BM: 677 AP, True Scorpio, 58.13% crit rate, 212.89% crit damage, unsure about ping/fps.

Yes, BMs are up there. My low FPS was holding me back largely, but I still managed to outdamage him by a hair.

On 9/2/2016 at 10:56 PM, zentoorama said:

On 9/2/2016 at 1:48 AM, TJXX said:

It's not even arguable that sins are top dps, they clearly aren't.

Grouping that many classes together and calling them top dps can go both ways, you could also say sin/bd/kfm/destro are all the bottom tier dps.  You keep saying who has top/bottom dps with zero proof of anything and then referring to kr.  We don't play on kr.

What kr has and what we have are completely different, there's really no reason to even mention how things are on the kr servers since we don't play on them and clearly our version is not going to match theirs any time soon.  You can get a general idea of things that might happen here, but it's not going to be the same.

Even after showing a Sin clearly outDPSing a BM with near-identical stats in NA you people don't seem convinced. Okay, let's look at the Legendary Soul Shield we are getting by the end of this year:

• Midnight Skypetal Plains:
    • Assassin:
      • Increases damage of Dark Strike/Lightning Pierce by 5%, our highest damaging Shadow skill and second highest damaging Lightning skill in our main rotation
      • Reduces the cooldown of Landmine/Ice Mine/Set Landmine by 50%, our crowd control, poison stack, or highly damaging airborne attack.
    • Blade Master:
      • Increases damage of Flicker by 15%, not their highest damaging skill
      • Increases damage of Five-Point Strike by 30% and reduces cooldown by 80%, their daze or threat and short iframe skill.

Who gets more benefits? Clearly Assassin, because we get something off our highly damaging skill, while Blade Master doesn't. In fact, almost every other class gets something off their highly damaging skills, for example Force Master gets 70% damage increase on Dual Dragons. By then Blade Masters will start to see a slow decline.

Now shall we go further?

• Black Skyscraper Soul Shield:
    • Assassin:
      • Increases damage of Heart Stab/Bombard by 25%, our second highest damaging Shadow skill and third highest damaging Lightning skill in our main rotation or highest damaging spammable area of effect skill
      • Increases damage of Dark Strike/Lightning Pierce by 25%
      • Increases damage of Lightning Rod by 30%, our highest damaging Lightning skill in our main rotation
    • Blade Master:
      • Reduces cooldown of Lightning Draw by 30%, their mere area of effect skill.
      • Reduces cooldown of Flock of Blades by 30%, which only slightly pushes out Dragontongue more.

Who wins again? Assassin. Every single part of their main rotation is getting a boost in damage, and our entire rotation does more damage than Blade Master's Dragontongue. Dragontongue is only getting pushed out a bit more from Flock of Blade's cooldown reduction, and is not getting any direct bonus modifiers whatsoever.

Let's keep going again, this time using Soul Badges. Actually lets use the most recent Badges in KR.

• Assassin:
    • Shadow: Poison Breath/Choke Bomb/Plaguemist casts a buff for 10 seconds that makes every hit of Heart Stab inflict Dark Spike, dealing 450% damage, triggers Dark Strike, and Dark Strike recovers 2 focus.
    • Lightning: Time Bomb casts a buff for 10 seconds that makes every hit of Heart Stab inflict Lightning Spike, dealing 450% damage, refresh stealth duration by 6 seconds, and reduces Lightning Rod's cooldown by 6 seconds.
  • Blade Master:
    • Lightning: Tier 3 Stage 3 Lunar Slash casts Thunder Dragon Circle for 3 sec. Deals 2100% damage, recovers 2 focus and casts Lightning Dragon per hit, and resets Raid cooldown on all three hits.
    • Fire: Tier 3 Stage 1 Lunar Slash casts a buff for 2 seconds that makes every hit of Dragontongue trigger Scorching Slash, dealing 450%.

Once again, Assassin clearly wins because, like Black Skyscraper Soul Shield, they are getting long-lasting bonuses off their main rotation. Blade Master's bonuses don't last very long.

TL;DR Assassin get stronger with future gear, including from the end of this year, BM doesn't.

That could easily just be the players skill/uptime/knowledge making up the difference.  22 ap/legendary resets/procs/bonus damage is a pretty big difference, take off your ap diamond or your soul and some ap gems and you'll see it's quite a bit.  Potential dps and the dps people actually do in dungeons will vary greatly by player.

1 hour ago, TJXX said:

That could easily just be the players skill/uptime/knowledge making up the difference.  22 ap/legendary resets/procs/bonus damage is a pretty big difference, take off your ap diamond or your soul and some ap gems and you'll see it's quite a bit.  Potential dps and the dps people actually do in dungeons will vary greatly by player.

Okay, explain the reddit of a mere 8 AP difference, and the Sin's DPS still being several thousand numbers higher.

4 minutes ago, TJXX said:

Well it's not 8 ap, but I'm pretty sure I can put this in a way you'll understand.

The sins stats are higher, The sins weapon is a legen..... wait for it.... dary!!!!  The sin likely played better or simply had more dps uptime.  The dps differences between classes in this game really isn't that far apart.  Therefore the sin did..... GASP!!!! MORE DPS THIS TIME AROUND!!!!

Yeah, and the BM has Stage 6 Baleful while the Sin only has Stage 4. And the Sin acknowledges the BM's skill and ping being equal. What is this nonsense you're spouting.

1 hour ago, Shadovvv said:

Okay, explain the reddit of a mere 8 AP difference, and the Sin's DPS still being several thousand numbers higher.

Well it's not 8 ap, but I'm pretty sure I can put this in a way you'll understand.

The sins stats are higher, The sins weapon is a legen..... wait for it.... dary!!!!  The sin likely played better or simply had more dps uptime.  The dps differences between classes in this game really isn't that far apart.  Therefore the sin did..... GASP!!!! MORE DPS THIS TIME AROUND!!!!

Your post says he has true scorpio.

2 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

On 9/2/2016 at 10:26 AM, Shadovvv said:

I'll just leave this here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/50bph8/so_is_bm_highest_dps_along_with_fm_now/d7358t8

EACWcL8.png

You can see their stats in the thread.

45 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:

Yeah, and the BM has Stage 6 Baleful while the Sin only has Stage 4. And the Sin acknowledges the BM's skill and ping being equal. What is this nonsense you're spouting.

Your post says he has true scorpio.

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 2:26 PM, Shadovvv said:

Ie: 699 AP, Stage 4 Baleful, 60.40% crit rate, 212.89% crit damage, I also had 10 FPS and bits of lag stutters throughout the entire fight.

• BM: 677 AP, True Scorpio, 58.13% crit rate, 212.89% crit damage, unsure about ping/fps.

Yes, BMs are up there. My low FPS was holding me back largely, but I still managed to outdamage him by a hair.

Archived