LBM with high ping ?

Elyann

Any tips about doing pve / pvp content with a 180 / 200+ ms ping as a blade dancer ?
I'm kind of sick to feel limited due to my connection ( I'm from EU but I'm playing on NA cause my friends are there )   but at the same time we don't have any kind of transfer between regions. 
I also got some unique stuff on my account and I spent months and months playing the  game since alpha so I really wouldn't like to restart everything from scratch.
At the same time it's tough to see everyone else getting all dodges and counters right and dealing damage at a much higher speed than you only cause they don't get such a delay.
I really like my class and I'm always trying to improve but it's not so nice when you need to put a lot more effort only to reach the other BDs standards .

Not sure what you mean by "tips". If you're playing the same as average BD but with high ping, you're just going to be worse. You need to accept it.

You can try to use some kind of ping booster to improve your latency. Other than that, for dodging, get used to your ping, memorize enemy attack patterns and time your dodge accordingly. Nothing can be done for dealing damage. Your flicker is going to be much slower than someone with low ping, meaning less damage. It sucks, but it's reality.

Maybe I can offer some tips that might make you better than the average button masher. For example, timing your skills to make sure you get the most damage output. Try to use Lightning Draw when boss is KD or grappled for extra damage. Try to use Storm Cleave when boss is stunned, dazed, or grabbed for extra damage. I personally like to use LMB Stage 3 Tier 5 for wind focus and rolling typhoon, it helps a lot to gain back chi and deal damage when you're not in draw stance.

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing BNS for a couple of years now (Includes foreign servers) and the honest truth is that every class is ping dependent, some more than other. Blade Dancers is an extremely ping dependent class no matter what anyone else says, to enjoy the full extent of the BD class you must have below 50-60 ping and that's cutting it really close.I played this class in foreign servers and i main this class in NA http://bnscoffee.com/character/NA/Pomf . You're not going to enjoy playing blade and soul with high ping PERIOD especially when it's that high. The best you could do is play maybe a warlock or summoner even tho they're also ping dependent classes, you just can't feel it as bad as if you were playing a melee class. No matter what you do to try and improve your gameplay with 200ms, you're still going to be doing extremely low dps compared to other BD's with native ping not to mention almost everyone in your party. I played BD's with 200ms in foreign servers just like you (China, Japan) so trust me when i tell you this, your DPS will always be lower than most if not all of your party members, you'll always struggle with i-framing mob attacks and suffer with slow ani-cancel, flicker, sunder speed. Blade & Soul is meant to be played with low ping, that's just how the combat system was created. This game was imported from Korea where they have the best internet in the world where they play with <5ms. If you don't mind any of the things i said above then continue playing and have fun with your friends, but if you truly want to enjoy and play the game then i suggest playing on the EU server :).

^this is very accurate. I'm using 2 different ISP's due to my work, one with approx 80ms and one with 200ms and the difference is VERY noticeable. It feels like playing on 0.5x speed mode. In this vid it is kinda well showed:

I can't even imagine myself with 10ms ping. It must be maximum smoothness.

Archived