JonJonPoPong

Faction Imbalance

With the server mergers factions have become disproportionate. Case in point server group six is always high red pop, low blue pop. Before the grouping/merger happened juwol SSP was red run. However blues at least 2-3 times a day would push red out and mine for an hour or so, also blue players could disrupt reds mine phase.

When the merger happened blues and reds rushed server group sixes SSP. Reds filled and mined ch 1, 2, and 3, blues started and failed the mine phase in ch 4 as there was that many reds to the blue population. Since then I have not seen group 6 blues complete a single mine phase ( i play a lot). Now there are only 2 chs for SSP and reds just go uninterrupted back and forth. Blues have not done a single mine phase...

Reds population is so high that they not only mine SSP but clear the fields completely while doing so. Blues are unable to do anything in SSP.

Now I'm sure a lot of people reading this would say to just go red or buy your moonstones after farming. I'm no noob (HM11) I was the first 1st lieutenant on juwol and have about 5000 open world kills on reds so I've spent a fair amount of time in SSP. It's broken and doesn't work the way it is right now.

I'm sure the red majority of the server probably loves the way things are right now. I personally do not want SSP to be one faction run 100 percent of the time, if it was at least 90 percent owned red and 10 percent blue at least that wouldn't be so bad. However the way the populations are so disproportionate blues have no chance to mine at all.

I personally like being the lower population faction (more people for me to kill) but the difference in size is insurmountable, I know server group 6 is out of wack and I've heard that 2 groups are red owned, 2 are blue owned and 1 is mixed.

Clearly mistakes were made and data on population of active players for factions prior to the merge was wrong.

If the data was good how did reds on server group six 30 minutes into the merger manage to fill and mine 3 chs and have enough players to cause blue to fail the 4th ch?

Your data was bad,  you can't correct a problem until you admit there is a problem.

Edited by JonJonPoPong

Wataru   

I would say the faction cap needs to only look at players at level 50 with HM3 or more. I think it includes all?

Not all linked servers were linked to improve faction balance. If you looked at the servers then you'd see not every group got that chance.

I know how it feels. It isn't reasonable or realistic that everyone in the game to swap factions. It will never happen. Players shouldn't be heavily punished for playing with friends, clan, etc.

Get rib of SSP and make it so SS and moonstones comes form daily quest, and daily cahlleneges and turn SSP into an OWPvP with Pvp QUEST REWARDS (PvP points).

I think guns are the only way to fix this.

Guns never left SSP, the only way to get them is now to spend 100 gold for a key that gives you a gun. The problem with this is 100 gold is a shit ton of money, its not cheap. Its also worth 25-20 moonstones depending on the price of them so you wont see anyone buy a gun because its crazy. (I did once for shits and giggles and its just too expensive)

Also with the fact that its super easy to make a person drop a gun... 100 gold is TOO MUCH.

You will never make that gold back even if you killed a bunch of people and took 1500 prestige and got a crit for soulstones. Which lets face it is UNREALISTIC and no one would take that risk when making a person drop a gun is just a single CC.

If the price of guns was lowered to 5 gold and it was only available to the lower population faction that would fix it. People could all agree to spend 5 gold each and force out the over populated faction allowing their side a chance to mine. If the factions are at equal population then the guns shouldn't be available and people should just fight it out like they used to.

Guns should also not be usable by people who are using a mask to hide their name. This would fix the issue of people who speed hacked and used a gun. This would allow faction who is extremely under populated to fight back and have a chance to take over SSP for a while.

Screenshot_160719_007.jpgScreenshot_160714_013.jpg

Screenshot_160721_002.jpg

Screenshot_160714_010.jpg

Edited by JonJonPoPong

Firstly, NC did not merge to balance factions. They merged because of low population.

Secondly, all the groups were relatively one-sided. Purpose? server transfer ticket will be available in NCshop soon.

Why do you think they care about the zerg anyway...

I don't want to transfer to another server and join a zerg, I want SSP to be a competitive place to fight where each faction should be able to both win and lose at times.

As I said I don't care if the other faction is larger than mine it just shouldn't be 5 times larger as that breaks the game for faction warfare.

Also I do understand that the merger was to fix population decline, however they said that they looked at faction population of the servers they merged and clearly the data they used was wrong.

Edited by JonJonPoPong

17 minutes ago, XaLonDepLao said:

Firstly, NC did not merge to balance factions. They merged because of low population.

Secondly, all the groups were relatively one-sided. Purpose? server transfer ticket will be available in NCshop soon.

Why do you think they care about the zerg anyway...

Ya it's fine they did merge because of low population (making server transfer available in cash shop would of been better).

It was a very bad idea to merge servers with opposite majority factions for example merging mushin cerulean with old man cho crimson majority. Why do this? Since this merge even more people have left. It is a weekend and SSP is dead, TWO channels open only, on a weekend!!!!

I play mmos for over 10 years now and ssp is one of the worst things in the game and in other games.

If ppl want to pvp,first of all you have the option of arenas and 6vs6 bg.I guess ppl tho like to zerg and dont like fair fights at all.Despite all that if you want to have an owpvp area,this isnt how you do it,you dont have that many npcs and especially npcs that grab and 1 shot you,thats retarted.So i dont even call it owpvp area with all those npcs.Unless you call pvp fms that grab you and throw you at terror,boy such skill needed and btw i am an fm and i hate this.

Do you call this pvp,hell no its worst area in the game.Either remove all pvp from ssp and let ppl farm however they want or remove all those idiot npcs and let ppl war and fight and pvp whole day and night.

MizzAus   

i will agree with the OP. How juwol ssp was before merge was good, both factions got ssp and both factions had fun ruining the other.
i love the pvp aspect of ssp and pretty much the whole game.. when there isn't 10000000 crims though. Yes reds love the fact that they can mine 24/7 but they also are becoming bored and frustrated that there is only 2 channels and half of them wont get the credit for the kills, on top of that with how much ceru ruin their mining now they dont get any where as many keys (yey for us). 
Ncsoft should of thought about merging both low population and faction domination, these problems and the people quitting wouldn't of happened. 
If they bring out server transfer, i think a lot will move to the faction of their choice which is stronger although i rather move (if i ever did) to another equalish server like juwol was so the fun can begin again.. but i haven't seen ncsoft say they were bringing transfer out unless someone can provide me a link. 
We have had a few stronger guild *cricket* out and move to crim just so they can farm ssp even though majority of their gear is maxed out which has left ceru even worse off than when the merger happened. 

I know they won't unmerge the server and the only thing Ncsoft will do is put moonstones in item mall and bring out server transfer which really sucks, all this could if been avoided with some proper care before hand. 
And to those who cry about the pvp of this game and say they have arena, tag, 6v6 etc.. play a different game where there isn't open world pvp, im sure there are many around eg hello kitty <3

Edited by MizzAus

RavTH   

they should move some crimson factions into blue factions for group 2, so it's even in numbers.