Melodia

Please have some manners people

Recommended Posts

Melodia   

Honestly I rarely see anyone in this game say thanks to one another, especially for Mandate. A complete stranger goes out of the way to buy a scale for 5g and donate it so the entire party can leech (don't tell me s/he gets stinger, stinger is worthless now), and not a single person except me says thanks. I find that really shocking. I mean even the most immature people should feel some kind of gratitude when strangers help them out for nothing in return?

 

This is why you people complain it's so hard finding a HM party, because no one has a scale. No it's not "no one has a scale", it's because no one wants to donate it for ungrateful leechers. Don't depend on NCW to change this broken game design of having 1 person paying full entry price for an entire party, because it won't happen, they only care about new pay2win schemes. I'm willing to bet if everyone made the donor feel good at the end of the run, it'll slowly get easier finding HM parties. You'll be surprised how easy it is to make a person feel good with simply 5 people saying "thanks for donating, you're awesome".

 

Or just create a premade party I suppose, though not everyone will be able to do that no?

Edited by Melodia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah , i have been open mandate these past 4-5 days, none say thanks, so i will stop doing that for good ;p i even told i could take mirage crystal if it dropped ( yeah it dropped 4 times ), but some jackass still bidded on it :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZackGTie   

Interesting point of view! blame on players since that is easier. If a "thank you" is going to stop you form donating a scale and all of sudden expect the player base to be greatfull for something that is not even our fault and we cant do anything about it? Same happen with cold storage, sometimes i donate all 3 orbs and i never read anyone saying thank you! That doesn't bother me because i don't need attention. I'm a Force Master, when i do yeti and handle 100% of the boss mechanics i never read anyone saying "thank you!" I don't expect other players to owe me nor i don't need said attention.

 

At the end i think people only do HM for the daily challenge! since you honestly don't have any other reasons to do it. No one cares.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Melodia   
4 minutes ago, ZackGTie said:

Interesting point of view! blame on players since that is easier. If a "thank you" is going to stop you form donating a scale and all of sudden expect the player base to be greatfull for something that is not even our fault and we cant do anything about it? Same happen with cold storage, sometimes i donate all 3 orbs and i never read anyone saying thank you! That doesn't bother me because i don't need attention. I'm a Force Master, when i do yeti and handle 100% of the boss mechanics i never read anyone saying "thank you!" I don't expect other players to owe me nor i don't need said attention.

 

At the end i think people only do HM for the daily challenge! since you honestly don't have any other reasons to do it. No one cares.

You're missing the point of the post.

Did I say blame the player? I clearly said the fault is the retarded design of the entry ticket.

But what is whining about that going to do? Absolutely nothing. 

The only thing we can do, and I repeat the only thing, is for people to be actually grateful. What else do you think we as players can do to make this instance easier to group?

Also, just because you don't like attention or gratitude, doesn't mean others don't. Personally I find it satisfying when people thank me for my help, and I'm sure a lot of players agree. Why do people donate in real life? Because they feel good about being appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BabyWing   
17 minutes ago, Melodia said:

You're missing the point of the post.

Did I say blame the player? I clearly said the fault is the retarded design of the entry ticket.

But what is whining about that going to do? Absolutely nothing. 

The only thing we can do, and I repeat the only thing, is for people to be actually grateful. What else do you think we as players can do to make this instance easier to group?

Also, just because you don't like attention or gratitude, doesn't mean others don't. Personally I find it satisfying when people thank me for my help, and I'm sure a lot of players agree. Why do people donate in real life? Because they feel good about being appreciated.

If you're doing something, ANYTHING, with the motivation of feeling appreciated for it, then you're probably doing it for the wrong reasons. Nobody HAS to feel grateful that you decided to donate your scale; they don't owe you anything. You ALSO don't owe them anything, meaning you don't have to use your scale. Maybe they actually DO feel grateful, but they just don't say it for whatever reason they may have. It shouldn't be EXPECTED that someone has to say "thanks" because you decided to use your scale. It's a nice thing for them to do, but it is not something that should be expected to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the scale user, I don't care. As long as nobody bids on the stinger afterwards, nobody gets chewed out.

 

However, I think devs should really up the rewards for that dungeon. Given the falling prices of stingers and the abysmal loot, there is little incentive to run it other than getting the outfit. Honestly, they should make the Merchant of Wonders available in Heaven's Mandate permanently, to mitigate this issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh look defenders of the player base unite! Personally stopped caring sometime ago since you get use to it, however BnS definitely has a "*cricket* you got mine" attitude. If people dislike HM as an example, fine! Swap it out for many another thing in this game. Fact is, many people are ungrateful and or don't care. As long as they get theirs, screw your game. Facts of BnS life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shocking? Seriously? These are NA servers, the player base, overall, is horrid. The only ones with any manners are the Asians that play real late at night, early AM my time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TecoTek   

i opened HM many times, even do it now sometimes.
I couldnt care less if strangers say ty.
 

In the end i just do it for the DC-quest, so i dont have to do PvP :3

Edited by TecoTek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Malign   
3 hours ago, ZackGTie said:

Interesting point of view! blame on players since that is easier. If a "thank you" is going to stop you form donating a scale and all of sudden expect the player base to be greatfull for something that is not even our fault and we cant do anything about it? Same happen with cold storage, sometimes i donate all 3 orbs and i never read anyone saying thank you! That doesn't bother me because i don't need attention. I'm a Force Master, when i do yeti and handle 100% of the boss mechanics i never read anyone saying "thank you!" I don't expect other players to owe me nor i don't need said attention.

 

At the end i think people only do HM for the daily challenge! since you honestly don't have any other reasons to do it. No one cares.

I think the reason no one bothers to thank us FMs for yeti is simply cause they don't understand what an FM does there entirely. I just taught a person how to do yeti and he was floored just how much we deal with the mechanics there. I even taught him mechanics he didn't know existed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TecoTek   
32 minutes ago, Malign said:

I think the reason no one bothers to thank us FMs for yeti is simply cause they don't understand what an FM does there entirely. I just taught a person how to do yeti and he was floored just how much we deal with the mechanics there. I even taught him mechanics he didn't know existed.

just did my 1st 4 man with guild today :D
There is indeed much to do for us (and im so happy i managed all of it in the end)
But its also so much more fun having a role like that in a pt :D

Edited by TecoTek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are up to donating money it shouldn't be for your selfish satisfaction of being appreciated.

If I knew you donate 1m to africa just to make yourself feel better cause ur a snob who smells ur own fart, well then I rather see them starve.

If you buy that scale you better not whine in forums cause they didn't thank you cause it just makes you look stupid, and saying that everyone thinks like you just makes you sound even more daft.

I often had that people help each other ingame, ppl pass on stinger procs to help that lowbie guy and some other stuff. What I hate most is ppl claiming that it's obvious people should notice you (senpai) cause ur an hero.

 

I know it's not fine and you won't feel badass about being nice to people but that's how the world works, if you can't deal with not being appreciated for being nice then you better not be cause the worst you can do is desperately try to claim a reward for an action that wasn't supposed to benefit youself. This just makes you a cricket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a toxic gaming  community that has majority of folks with no home training. Lower your expectations so you will never be disappointed. Sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cherish   

When I was a kid my parents were very heavy handed in teaching me a few life skills.  Please and Thankyou were one of those life skills. Its a sad world that so many people feel the need to come in and defend the people with no manners but sadly its how bad the world has become.  You can defend bad manners all you like but ultimately they are still bad manners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BabyWing   
15 minutes ago, Cherish said:

When I was a kid my parents were very heavy handed in teaching me a few life skills.  Please and Thankyou were one of those life skills. Its a sad world that so many people feel the need to come in and defend the people with no manners but sadly its how bad the world has become.  You can defend bad manners all you like but ultimately they are still bad manners.

Bad manners or not, it shouldn't be an EXPECTATION to say "thank you" to someone just so they feel a little more appreciated. Personally, I like to be nice and express my thanks to someone who has helped me out, but I will NOT be grateful to some prick who thinks that they're OWED a "thank you" or someone who's only being nice so everyone will be grateful to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nattia   

the last time [a few days ago] I treated my party with a scale, they even took the stinger despite me asking to leave it for me. I'm not going to put in a scale ever again. for 5 times I put it in, scale gets bidded on 3 times. not worth the deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shelly   

I always say thanks because I usually put the scale, but I'm running out and like to save them for when my friend runs with me. Cause he never has a scale. Lol. Anyhoos. I don't think saying thank you is a lack of manners, but saying thanks just shows you have really great manners. A lack of manners would be not letting the scale user get any of the loot for free. Usually when the auction is up, I just leave party immediately unless clothes dropped because I personally believe clothes should be free for all since people bid 20g + which covers the cost of the scale to the owner unless he's the one bidding for it. Lol. I bid like 45g for my duster. About the cold storage orbs. I once had someone say he wanted the winter mane stinger for free in exchange for opening the second boss. And I bid 2g for it and everyone got mad and I'm like (because he just said stinger). Oh wtf. I thought he was talking about the drops(stinger) from the karri Lord would be free. Cause yeah. I usually don't take any drops from the kaari Lord. Lol. And if a bunch of stingers dropped. It's like 10-13 stingers x 2g usually covers the cost of the orbs to the owner. (Talking about old time prices). And everyone was blaming me even though I have an orb too that isn't the orb in the auction. So we just needed an extra orb. And here is some guy offering 3 orbs for a stinger from winter mane who now won't use it cause of one stinger. But yeah. The party called me a retard. Even though I don't really want to do kaari Lord like ever. I always sell my orbs. I coincidentally got an orb from the box that round. Sold it like always. And it's even funnier that they trust him. Who's to say he wouldn't have taken the stinger and left. How does anyone know he has all 3 orbs?!? He didn't show any proof he just said he'll activate kaari for free stinger. People put so much blind faith in strangers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The people with "bad manners" here are trying to tell you: you get a party that lets you get stuff cause they don't care or you need it more? Fine you got it for free

You have a douche party with an fm in nexus6 who makes group wipe 2 times and then says he's the carry? Block that guy

You are one of the guys who don't give a damn about stingers and let that lowbie have them cause he has greater benefit? Fine, you don't need a thank you since you did it cause you support a cool guy and not because you are waiting for a "thank you". It just sounds selfish when you make a post about this. If you get a dicktard group well then just take it and hope you never see them again but don't make a nonsense post about humanity, the community is *cricket*ed up, the world is. You are allowed to say thank you and try to make it a better world but don't be like "uh everyone has to be like me cause if not everybody else is an cricket".

If you don't like someones attitude block them, if you can't then go away. These maneers bullcrap is so nonsense, I wasn't raised poorly, I like to help people and I don't expect a thank you since I like helping rather than getting rewarded for it. What just grinds my gears are people who complain that I am not doing good when I am trying to.

I have a fine sense about who to help and who not to help so a thank you is not needed for me to spot a guy worth helping, I fell often enough being nice to wrong people but I didn't post it on a game forum nor did I stop doing what I like to do cause of a few bad situations. I hope you can understand since english is not my native tongue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, LadyGamerluv said:

It's a toxic gaming  community that has majority of folks with no home training. Lower your expectations so you will never be disappointed. Sad.

I can't honestly say that my expectations could be any lower. Yet people still manage to not hit a target that low to the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgwais   

Person A makes a group and the mesage says " Scale = loot"
Person B uses the scale and the group starts the dungeon
Person C bids on every singe item that droped
Person B asks : why are you biding ? i used the scale
Person C says : stop crying noob

This is EU/NA for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cherish   
16 hours ago, BabyWing said:

Bad manners or not, it shouldn't be an EXPECTATION to say "thank you" to someone just so they feel a little more appreciated. Personally, I like to be nice and express my thanks to someone who has helped me out, but I will NOT be grateful to some prick who thinks that they're OWED a "thank you" or someone who's only being nice so everyone will be grateful to them.

You are very right there should be no EXPECTATION for someone to say thankyou :D  It should be an automatic thing :D  Even the common old *tyvm* is good enough these days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Na Ahri   

I usually use a longer sentence to the scale donor "Thank you for providing the scale :)" and "tyfp" for everyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now