I'm confused about gloomdross boss

Shelly

So, I know the mechanics and its easy as pie.

But there's one tiny detail I keep noticing about the gloomdross boss. When he's supposed to jump to the farthest target, sometimes he doesn't? 

Does he jump farthest away from aggro or farthest away from his position? Because, I basically had like half range party members who didn't know where to stand and I'm a range that has aggro. So I decided to walk all the way to the seed right after ccing the boss to stop his aoe damage pounds. But even though I got there in time, he jumps 5m (from his position) to the right on top of some other player that are still attacking them instead of going to the seed? But I'm like. I'm the farthest from HIM and there's also another party member who was already at the seed right next to me (the only other person in the party who seemed to know the mechanics) but he doesn't jump to us at all even though we're clearly farther. e-e

So it makes me question, does he choose to jump farthest from aggro or farthest from his current position. I always thought it was position, but now I'm confused? 

But then later, in the second run after the wipe. I tried to just stay melee and let that one other guy who knows the mechanics do the running behind the seeds. And what happens is really odd. So basically we do the first seed entanglement correctly. And some misinformed ranged dude stands next to the entangled fiends right on the first seed we just did so the boss is right next to the seed and the fiends. (I think he thinks the laser is supposed to come next and doesn't realize its seed > seed> laser). And the one dude who knows the mechanics runs all the way to the second seed. And i am still melee range with the boss to do the cc. (I also do not pin him down. No one pins him down). But for some weird reason. the boss jumps right on top of the first seed and was targeting the misinformed ranged dude. Thus he stands and sits on the fiends and gets heals even though the guy who knows mechanics is so far away all the way at the second seed?!?! LIKE WTF. 

In the third run, we did it perfectly because I just told the misinformed ranger dude that there was a second seed you need to run to and to stop doing what he tried to do. But its like I didn't do anything different and he shouldn't have been jumping to the misinformed dude because the other guy who knew the mechanics was always much farther than everyone else. 

Maybe I'm crazy. 

It will jump to the furthest person when he is going to do the slams. If you are targeted you will get a debuff on you.

If you want to do both CC and gaze make sure you are the furthest from boss when it throws the seed, wait til you get the debuff then CC, then move to the seed.

have you guys notice if the "farthest" got the mark for seed? it's like FM's orbs but the color is dark purple and the player is like having dark purple aura.

if "farthest" really have that mark but still didnt jump to him, someone might have rooted him at the very split second boss will jump. or it might be some bug.. not sure.. but i believe someone rooted him (WL's chain, FM's ice or sum's roots).

if "farthest" dont have the mark, then he isnt the farthest the moment boss summoned the seed.

when boss summon the seed, he's like rolling or sliding some purple ball at the ground. after that, the farthest member will get that mark i mentioned above and he should run behind the seed asap.

He drops the marker AS HE IS PREPARING THE GROUND POUND, not when he's preparing to jump. He "jumped to melee" because you weren't the marker; you were up and close trying to CC him while the clueless people ended up being marked. Same thing with the guy who knew stuff; he likely wasn't far enough in relation to the clueless as he was making his way to the second seed.

There is some strange stuff going with that boss. For ex:

One time I was doing it 4m and after seed was thrown ranged started running towards it and rest of us stayed to CC that mofo, I am sin so I always stay close. So anyway I was late to get into stealth for CC and saw that ranged was already behind seed so I decided to run there, because others were CCing np, so I'm half way done running to ranged and I get mark like WTF, ranged is way further than me and he jumps to me, stupid mofo.

Other time was when he was shooting lazer, I got first mark because I was infusing one dead member and was fairly far away from him, fair enough. I get, mark, run around and get into range to DPS him, others were in right positions so he should have switched his mark to others, but nooooo, here I am ready to DPS him and get mark. Well I don't know maybe mark for lazer is perma for that cycle, but it is logical to assume that he will switch around.

And there were few times when he doesn't jump to furthest after seed is thrown.

@shadovvv: the person he marked was in melee range when 4 other party members(mostly ranged) already left to the second seed before the ground pound. An early post said he marks when seed first gets thrown, so I thought maybe the clueless range was in range earlier and got marked but walked into melee range later and screwed it up. But if what you said is right and he marks at the preparation of the ground pound (I'm assuming you mean the start of the red aoe), then the clueless range (that is in melee range) should not have been marked because everyone else had left already. They left immediately when the second seed showed up. I was still there dpsing with the other guy (no one else is here). We dps for awhile. Just us two. Then I see the red aoe. I cc it late because the wl blocks my double daze with a kd so then I have to use my knockdown (but we still cc without any aoe dmg taken) with that other dude basically on the other end of the first seed with me. Then I expect him to jump to the crowd of the 4 people at the second seed doing nothing, but the boss jumps on the first seed on top of the guy that's with me. Idk man. Maybe it had something to do with him rooting it because I did see chains. This was honestly a real head scratcher. Even if the other party members were late to get to the seed. The other party members were ranged casters that weren't all up in the bosses face like me and the clueless guy. 

@rog: nah. It shouldn't be permanent for the tag on lasers (at least in 6man) I've had a party where I stay on fiends on second seed in really far range to get the tag while someone runs to the other set of fiends. As I dodge the laser, I walk more towards the boss to lose the range so that he tags the other guy that is already positioned and it works. 

Archived