Forums

Weapon Glamour NEEDS REVISIONS!

CrimsonOaths

I'm sure that I'm not the only one that wishes for this to be updated. Currently, when we apply weapon glamours, it's a one time use and if we change to something else later, we can't get our old weapon skin back. I love having weapon skins, but due to being able to apply one skin on a weapon that is lost if I decide to change it, not only is a money sink, but I have to gather the same weapon all over again. This applies to the hongmoon store weapon skins too. We paid REAL money for those skins, but if we decide we wanted to try out something different, THAT money is lost forever. Currently, I love the tidal treasure's weapon skins. I would love to be able to change my weapon to look like it. However, with the current system, this means I'll have to hoard a bunch of these weapons for later on if I ever decide to reuse. So this is my recommendation on updating this old system. 

1) Have weapons have more than one slot for weapon skins just like clan designs. Additional slots can be unlocked anyway possible through in game currency or even people who wish to use ncoin. The cost of opening more slots is not scaled on what stage or type of weapon you have but is instead based on the amount of slots you currently have opened (True breeze should not be more expensive than a True infernal weapon). However The first 2 or 3 slots should be GIVEN FREE.

2) The slots save any pre-existing glamour on the weapon that is currently being used. 

3) Have a fee if one wishes to change between the skins on the weapon itself (THIS SHOULD  NOT COST MORE THAN ADDING A NEW GLAMOUR! THE RIGHT AMOUNT CHARGED SHOULD BE NOT TOO PUNISHING). My suggestion is to have the fee be 30 ~ 40% of the cost needed to add a new glamour at the same weapon stage (I.E. takes around 1 gold for profane to add a glamour, so to change between skins should be 30 to 40 silvers)

4) If need be, include that premium users can SWITCH between the weapons FREE OF CHARGE.

5) WE CAN DELETE ANY PRE-EXISTING SAVED SKIN/GLAMOUR ANY TIME WE WISH TO REOPEN A SLOT FREE OF CHARGE. However HAVE a confirmation window like discarding, upgrading and salvaging. If not, have a timer on the deletion like character deletion. So if we decide to keep it in the meanwhile, we can cancel the process.

6) Like currently, we can decide to remove glamour to revert back to the original weapon's design. This fee WILL still exist, however THIS in and of itself DOES not count as a glamour so should not use any slots (Glamours applied to the weapon uses the slots). However changing back to the original look, will not delete any glamours saved. 

This is what I currently recommend the glamour system to be revised to. Which suits the player's needs as it is more dynamic. Any feedback and criticism is welcomed to help further improve this outdated system we currently have. If any NCSoft employees can at least bring light to this idea that it currently does not reflect on the needs of us players who very well love weapon skins. It is more punishing than rewarding currently as some weapons are even really hard to get and collect, or down right really expensive to change glamours after using (weapons made from forgekeepers like master illusion scorpio or even the legendary artisan version which are REALLY expensive and possibly rare to even contemplate of overwriting it with another glamour or reverting back to the original). Well that's it and I do hope to get some comments!

Thanks for reading! 

Edit:

7) Idea from Valks: Have a system like Gems with Gem slots. Additional slots can be earned through upgrading (Glamour Slots) or by using Glamour Hammers crafted by forgekeepers. No fee to switch between weapons using this method, as the cost is induced by buying Glamour Hammers or making them.

I've been thinking this too! It's really frustrating and totally off putting for me to buy skins from f10 knowing that if I were to change my mind and try something else that money would be lost forever. It is a really bad system for weapon skins and it needs to be changed...your idea seems to work, even if we only get 1 slot free and have to earn/buy more some way then that would be better. ATM I have the be ido skin which I bought off the AH for an amount of gold i'm not willing to just throw away so i'll be keeping this a looong time - probably until I collect the mats to move to legendary..but i'll still be heartbroken to lose the skin I bought. I definitely would never buy a weap skin from the store with the system as it is atm though - what a scam.

I have been thinking about this topic for awhile as well. However, I don't think they need to create a new system with a bunch of rules and fees, why not just make weapon skins works like costumes do, but for your weapon?

You find a weapon you like the look of, or buy it, equip it in the 'glamour' slot of your weapon, no fees, other than either farming or buying said weapon. Store your favorites in your inventory, and for subs, a new tab in the wardrobe for weapons...nuff said.

7 hours ago, Valks said:

I have been thinking about this topic for awhile as well. However, I don't think they need to create a new system with a bunch of rules and fees, why not just make weapon skins works like costumes do, but for your weapon?

You find a weapon you like the look of, or buy it, equip it in the 'glamour' slot of your weapon, no fees, other than either farming or buying said weapon. Store your favorites in your inventory, and for subs, a new tab in the wardrobe for weapons...nuff said.

This idea also works too. But have you considered that currently free players have troubles even holding up space? I don't have premium and I narrowed down which costumes to keep and what not to keep. I still run out of inventory when doing just a couple of dungeon runs. This idea would certainly work, but then imagine how many more wasted space will there be if there are a couple of weapons you like to have around. At higher levels it is a huge problem if you don't have premium or max inventory. It is a good idea, just needs to be worked on further to be improved.

Hmm didn't really think of poor free to players there admittedly.

What about simply tweaking the gem slot system slightly, where you can drop 1-6 weapon skins in the 1-6 'glamour slots' attached to your weapon, and select which slot is active at no cost (just the fee to slot it). Start with 1 slot (besides the default skin), and expansion through usual levelling, glamour hammers etc. The system is familiar, and even players that don't have access to the wardrobe will end up having plenty of options, while also having something to work towards. Pretty much the same as what you suggested at any rate, just seems simpler to me worded this way I guess.

SIDE NOTE: If forge keepers can craft these 'glamour hammers' then it might actually make them a viable money making and worthwhile craft as well.

23 hours ago, Valks said:

Hmm didn't really think of poor free to players there admittedly.

What about simply tweaking the gem slot system slightly, where you can drop 1-6 weapon skins in the 1-6 'glamour slots' attached to your weapon, and select which slot is active at no cost (just the fee to slot it). Start with 1 slot (besides the default skin), and expansion through usual levelling, glamour hammers etc. The system is familiar, and even players that don't have access to the wardrobe will end up having plenty of options, while also having something to work towards. Pretty much the same as what you suggested at any rate, just seems simpler to me worded this way I guess.

SIDE NOTE: If forge keepers can craft these 'glamour hammers' then it might actually make them a viable money making and worthwhile craft as well.

Totally, this works as well! Added in first post.

On 7/24/2016 at 0:06 PM, artemis said:

its easy .... i will not buy any weapon skin from F10 till there will be this system. I can discard my money in many diff ways :)

I am already rank 9, buying everything left and right.  I have yet to buy a SINGLE weapon skin just because I don't want to overwrite my founder's pack one.  Once a system that supports multiple skins is supported (perhaps like costumes?) I'd buy tons of them.

Archived