Storage stress just keeps increasing

Trilioh

18 hours ago, Taikuya said:

What do you mean improve? It was a decision they made to have the wardrobe available to subscribers only. It is one of the incentives to buy a subscription. Why would they make "improvements" (or more accurately, "changes") to storage, so that people don't have the need to use a wardrobe because they can already store everything without it. It would make the wardrobe obsolete and it would then be 1 less perk to subscribers.

Even with premium, i cant hold on to everything anymore now, with all these new items. We used to be able to sell our 1000 bundles to a npc for like 1g, it wasnt much, but it's something. NCSoft cant stop the bots, so they punish the normal players aswell, by limiting the items we can sell to a npc.

A 3th bank tab would be nice, and i'm sure alot of people would buy it. But i guess they'll have to invest money to make that happen, we can only dream :D

I am a Premium user and I totally support the need for more storage space.  I currently have all spaces in both bank tabs and my inventory maxed and still I struggle.  Every day I have to spend time sending items to other characters and its a real pain.  I have avoided the current *events* because of the lack of space and its only going to continue getting worse as they keep bringing in new items without giving us more space.

NO I do not want to be paying the massive amount they charged us in CB's to open up the last 4 rows in the first page of the bank.  Started at something like 15 Dragon Pouches to open up just the one spot and the number of pouches per single spot rose drastically after that. 

Wardrobe should have been a free service and NCsoft would have made a ton more money on it than they have. 

wardrobe isn't even what I paid premium for and to level with you outfits are the least of my priorities in this game. Before I went premium I had 2 outfits. Faction uniform and ONE I purchased; the rest I vendored. 

I hate when people say 'but this is ba/Europe version NOT another region blah blah blah...'. Point is premium membership in its current state is shit and putting wardrobe behind a paywall was a crappy thing to do because they were too tight to give people who support this FREE TO PLAY GAME by purchasing a sub better perks. A lot of the so called perks are now obsolete anyways and 2, such as a big star target for gold sellers and account stealers and windwalking animation are just freaking annoying.

Bottom line: wardrobe shouldn't be behind a paywall and storage space shouldn't be so ridiculously expensive. OR the grind should be equalised with the content push so that players don't have to keep a horde of upgrades for so long in their storage. 

A string of bad choices from perks to content push to lack of supply for demand and server mergers have lead to more problems than solutions.

On 25/07/2016 at 2:44 PM, Solidarius said:

thx for tip

Although I do agree with you, on all of your points, I can not afford to pay for this game, so basically your telling me I am shit out of luck? and what about the people who say they do have premium and still have storage problems?

1. If the game was a subscription based model, you would be shit out of luck as well; once the trial period was over or you hit the free level-cap.

2. I was just commenting on the point about "making the wardrobe free" and not a subscription perk. They need to make the subscription "attractive", otherwise no one would buy it. A lot of people like to switch costumes all the time, and so they would have to purchase a subscription for the wardrobe. If they were to make the wardrobe free, they need to add other perks for subscribers to make it attractive.

3. As stated in my previous point, I'm not saying there isn't a storage problem. By all means they should add more storage space, such as:

a. additional tabs in the vault

b. make insignias a currency (like zen beans), rather than an item you need to store

In terms of how they do this is up to them. For example, 2 vault tabs (free players) versus 4 (subscribers only) etc. Whatever permutation they come up with, it is up to them. But if they want to keep players subbed (and obviously they do, because they want to make money) then they need to make subscriber perks attractive (i.e. give them more vault tabs).

4. Personally I think the subscriber perks right now are pretty crap. You can just buy a subscription once and then cancel it, and that unlocks the secondary vault tab. If you know how to manage your items, and are fine with being limited to a few costumes, you don't get anything out of buying a subscription.

Also, the OP (original poster) was listing a bunch of storage problems that he/she was having as a "free" player.

If he/she became a "paying" player, then all those problems would go away.

1. You don't need to buy this game (e.g. you need to buy WoW before you can play it)

2. You don't need to subscribe to this game to play (e.g. you need to subscribe to WoW if you want to play the end game)

If you simply used the money you would have spent to "buy" the game on dragon pouches, and subscribed to the game for wardrobe access, then all your listed storage problems would be gone -- if not most of them.

There are a lot of improvements we can provide that they could/should action. However I just want to point out that making existing "perks" (e.g. wardrobe) free is not an improvement -- it is a change.

28 minutes ago, Taikuya said:

3. As stated in my previous point, I'm not saying there isn't a storage problem. By all means they should add more storage space, such as:

a. additional tabs in the vault

b. make insignias a currency (like zen beans), rather than an item you need to store

In terms of how they do this is up to them. For example, 2 vault tabs (free players) versus 4 (subscribers only) etc. Whatever permutation they come up with, it is up to them. But if they want to keep players subbed (and obviously they do, because they want to make money) then they need to make subscriber perks attractive (i.e. give them more vault tabs).

Great ideas. but as we both stated ourselves, NC will not take measures towrads resolving the storage issue as long as they believe it is a profitable issue for them to have.

17 minutes ago, Taikuya said:

1. You don't need to buy this game (e.g. you need to buy WoW before you can play it)

2. You don't need to subscribe to this game to play (e.g. you need to subscribe to WoW if you want to play the end game)

And in GW2 (published by NCsoft) I don't have to pay a cent to play AND have very generous storage. There are examples to here and to there.

24 minutes ago, Taikuya said:

If you simply used the money you would have spent to "buy" the game on dragon pouches, and subscribed to the game for wardrobe access, then all your listed storage problems would be gone -- if not most of them.

What I spent on this game is more than most full games cost. I spent most of it on dragon pouches and still haven't opened all storage.

Archived