Storage stress just keeps increasing

Trilioh

One of the greatest (or worst?) issues I have with this game is the super limited storage space. If until now I (barely) managed, well, with the latest patch we now also have:

-2 Corals.

-3+ seeds.

-Fish weapon.

-Those thing you get when failing to evolve said fish weapon.

-Grimhorn wilds essence, charm and antidote.

-4 type of ginseng, Whatever those are :P , from windrest reward chests.

-4+ new outfit pieces.

-Probably more stuff I can't remember and\or don't know about yet..

This on top of the already existing oh so many types of currencies, fragments, charms, orbs, stones, etc, etc,.. and Lord forbid if you partake in any form of crafting and gathering.. 

No I'm not premium and therefore don't have wardrobe that would probably solve this issue. And for reasons irrelevant to the topic I'm not going to have premium anytime soon. especially not just for a TEMPORARY wardrobe. I did buy Ncoins more than once and spent the majority of them on dragon pouches.

I understand that wardrobe is the prime benefit of being premium and I'm not saying anything should be taken from them, but this is getting ridiculous. I spend too much time racking my brain on what item to toss out next.

When I had to throw the 100+ Pinchy weapon chests and all those insignias from early regions, for example, it broke my heart as those were mementos of my journey. yeah laugh it up, I'm like that. But it's not even that anymore. I now have to descide which of the essentials is less essential. In an upgrade yesterday I used a whole stack of a type of upgrade element just to free the space.

Possible solutions? too easy. The real problem is that the existence of this issue is possibly what drives many players to premium, and is therefore a profitable issue for NC to have.

>Throwing this here: Should a permanent wardrobe, or any other form of large storage relief, ever become a  purchasable thing, I am likely to buy it.

I have the same problem with space, and I also don't have premium wardrobe (which would free 4 lines of inventory btw), but my solution for this was to send anything account bound to alts, vendor/salvage any gear drop and put at the market anything valuable (more than 50s unit or in stack, and vendor the rest).

It's cheaper to buy a char slot than dragon pouches.

... it's still a problem, but doable one.

Well, it's about 7 lines for me..

I sell what I can and I do the mail to alts thing, but pretty much everything I have now is untrdable or materials I must have.

It is doable, it's just getting increasingly problematic. I will enjoy this game much if wouldn'y have to deal with this so much.

You answered it yourself, most people buy premium for the wardrobe so there will never be another way of getting it otherwise they wouldn't sell much premium anymore since most other benefits of premium are crap.

currently, my 2 main chars at TW got half open 1st tab storage, (almost) fully open 2nd tab storage and inventory. and my only available space is 1-2 lines of inventory. 

meanwhile, here at NA, i have half open of all my inventory and storages (thanks to those "survey" and the spin event).

that 1 line inventory space struggle... wow! i feel you bro!

this reminds me my struggle when wardrobe still not yet implemented at TW. threw too many items, dunno what to save and not and how to farm them again (like coins/tokens/essence/event items), didnt bother to buy or farm costumes and so on.

yes! it is happening to me here at NA.

dont ask me to go subscribe. coz imo, it's not worthy to get subscription with this troll business model. lol! i tried being premium thanks to that "newsletter" but i never felt being premium like i have at TW. :D

Even with premium and a wardrobe i'm running out of space, like holding on to upgrade elements, weapon skins, breaktrough weapons/acc for future upgrades, all the 1000 stacks of items i got by now ( which i have to discard, since i cant even sell it to a npc..). I'm a collector, i like to keep stuff where i worked for, and it always feels bad to discard stuff.

Coming from a premium member wardrobe shouldn't be a premium benefit; it's the only F2P region to rip off its subscribers for making something free premium. Secondly to me storage space is more precious than moonstones the ridiculous prices to unlock space. People shouldn't be hindered even more by wasting all that money on outfits when wardrobe should be free.

You have to remember that it cost money to run this game.

If you want to continue playing this game, you need to support it. Otherwise they would have no money to keep the game going.

One of the way you can support the game -- which you are playing -- is by paying a monthly fee of around 13 US dollars. If you support the game this way, one of the perks you will get is a wardrobe.

They let you play and try out this game for free. If you wish, you don't need to pay a single dollar to logon everyday to play this game. Why are you asking the game to provide you more "quality of life" features when you are not supporting it? And by supporting, I mean paying a monthly fee to help keep the servers running.

38 minutes ago, Taikuya said:

You have to remember that it cost money to run this game.

If you want to continue playing this game, you need to support it. Otherwise they would have no money to keep the game going.

One of the way you can support the game -- which you are playing -- is by paying a monthly fee of around 13 US dollars. If you support the game this way, one of the perks you will get is a wardrobe.

They let you play and try out this game for free. If you wish, you don't need to pay a single dollar to logon everyday to play this game. Why are you asking the game to provide you more "quality of life" features when you are not supporting it? And by supporting, I mean paying a monthly fee to help keep the servers running.

I think the reason people are upset is because the wardrobe is free in other versions of the game (including the other free to play versions) while you have to have premium here to use it.

I don't get this "they need the money" argument. They've made PLENTY of money from this game already. A reported $17 million in the first three months or so if I can recall. They don't necessarily NEED the money, they just want more of it. I understand that it's a business, but I don't understand them making the wardrobe a premium perk for this region when it's free in the other regions, especially with how many costumes there are in the game and how limited the storage is.

5 minutes ago, BabyWing said:

I think the reason people are upset is because the wardrobe is free in other versions of the game (including the other free to play versions) while you have to have premium here to use it.

I don't get this "they need the money" argument. They've made PLENTY of money from this game already. A reported $17 million in the first three months or so if I can recall. They don't necessarily NEED the money, they just want more of it. I understand that it's a business, but I don't understand them making the wardrobe a premium perk for this region when it's free in the other regions, especially with how many costumes there are in the game and how limited the storage is.

Doesn't matter what other regions do. Just because it is the same game, doesn't mean you can compare it like that. The version of this game published in NA/EU is its own game.

And your point about them making X amount of money, and not they don't need money doesn't make any sense. It's like saying, Apple has sold many iphones and MAC computers. So now they should make the products cheaper or give it away for free, because they have a lot of money....

The point I'm making is simply: if you are playing this game for free, don't complain about "quality of life" issues in game, when you get all these "perks" if you simply pay a monthly fee. You can probably just see it as another "subscription-based" game where you pay a monthly fee to play it.

6 minutes ago, Taikuya said:

Doesn't matter what other regions do. Just because it is the same game, doesn't mean you can compare it like that. The version of this game published in NA/EU is its own game.

And your point about them making X amount of money, and not they don't need money doesn't make any sense. It's like saying, Apple has sold many iphones and MAC computers. So now they should make the products cheaper or give it away for free, because they have a lot of money....

The point I'm making is simply: if you are playing this game for free, don't complain about "quality of life" issues in game, when you get all these "perks" if you simply pay a monthly fee. You can probably just see it as another "subscription-based" game where you pay a monthly fee to play it.

What I'm saying is you make it sound like a NEED for them to milk as much money out of their customers as possible, like they're in desperate need of cash or something. Also, not everyone can "simply" pay for a subscription. Some people actually can't afford it, as hard as it might be for you to believe. So, those people aren't allowed to make complaints about inventory space because they can't pay or choose not to? If it's a problem that affects them, they should be able to make suggestions on how to improve it, whether they're paying players or not.

5 minutes ago, BabyWing said:

What I'm saying is you make it sound like a NEED for them to milk as much money out of their customers as possible, like they're in desperate need of cash or something. Also, not everyone can "simply" pay for a subscription. Some people actually can't afford it, as hard as it might be for you to believe. So, those people aren't allowed to make complaints about inventory space because they can't pay or choose not to? If it's a problem that affects them, they should be able to make suggestions on how to improve it, whether they're paying players or not.

What do you mean improve? It was a decision they made to have the wardrobe available to subscribers only. It is one of the incentives to buy a subscription. Why would they make "improvements" (or more accurately, "changes") to storage, so that people don't have the need to use a wardrobe because they can already store everything without it. It would make the wardrobe obsolete and it would then be 1 less perk to subscribers.

If the wardrobe didn't exist, and people had trouble storing items, then yes I agree, introducing a "wardrobe" would be a suggestion for improvement. But in this case it is not a suggestion for improvement at all.

I don't recall saying they need to milk customers as much as possible. I said if you want to play a game, you can support it buy paying a monthly fee. And then in return, they provide you with perks. It is like how other games use a subscription-based model. But this game is free, it gives you the "option" to play without paying a single dollar. And then people start asking for more features (such as the wardrobe) to be free as well. They already let you play the game to max level and access all the content for free, why are you asking for more? For example games like World of Warcraft only let you play for free up to a certain level, then you have to pay a monthly fee (mandatory) to keep playing the game.

Suggestions for improvement would be like how can they add features that don't already exist. There are already features that exist for storage, but they don't provide it to free players (i.e. it is a quality of life feature). They use it as a reward for players who support the game, or you can see it has an incentive to milk money. Regardless, the point is you are playing the game for free, so don't complain that you are missing out on perks paying players get.

3 minutes ago, Taikuya said:

What do you mean improve? It was a decision they made to have the wardrobe available to subscribers only. It is one of the incentives to buy a subscription. Why would they make "improvements" (or more accurately, "changes") to storage, so that people don't have the need to use a wardrobe because they can already store everything without it. It would make the wardrobe obsolete and it would then be 1 less perk to subscribers.

If the wardrobe didn't exist, and people had trouble storing items, then yes I agree, introducing a "wardrobe" would be a suggestion for improvement. But in this case it is not a suggestion for improvement at all.

I don't recall saying they need to milk customers as much as possible. I said if you want to play a game, you can support it buy paying a monthly fee. And then in return, they provide you with perks. It is like how other games use a subscription-based model. But this game is free, it gives you the "option" to play without paying a single dollar. And then people start asking for more features (such as the wardrobe) to be free as well. They already let you play the game to max level and access all the content for free, why are you asking for more? For example games like World of Warcraft only let you play for free up to a certain level, then you have to pay a monthly fee (mandatory) to keep playing the game.

Suggestions for improvement would be like how can they add features that don't already exist. There are already features that exist for storage, but they don't provide it to free players (i.e. it is a quality of life feature). They use it as a reward for players who support the game, or you can see it has an incentive to milk money. Regardless, the point is you are playing the game for free, so don't complain that you are missing out on perks paying players get.

I meant improvement in general, not about this specific problem. I was merely addressing the fact that you apparently believe that if a person doesn't pay for premium, then they can't complain about the wardrobe. Besides that, some people in this very thread said that EVEN WITH wardrobe, they still don't have enough inventory space. The problem is not the lack of wardrobe for free players, the problem is that there just isn't enough inventory space with all of the things that can be obtained in the game.

6 hours ago, Taikuya said:

NCSoft chose the f2p\microtranscations model for this game (product). This is purely a business decision, not a charity. No one needs to be thankful for them "allowing" us to play for free. I have issues with current state of things regarding storage, so I expressed those issues in the forums, isn't that part of what they're here for?

As I said, I understand that storage is the prime premium incentive and is there for not likely to be resolved as that could cost the company income. I decided to bring it up anyway, hoping that maybe with enough demand they could make a smaller solution that could, even slightly, ease the burden of storage without forfeiting the benefits of wardrobe. Since that could make many players happy, and happy players -> less players leaving -> more potential paying customers? And maybe even: more storage -> more people buying HM outfits since they now have where to put it (I've heard several players argue this).

You call it a "quality of life" feature, but as I stated this is becoming less that and more of an increasingly serious obstacle in my game's routine. I also never said I wanted a free wardrobe. Well, I obviously would want that but am not that delusional. I just expressed discontent with the current paid solution. See that last line of my post?

I have premium and unlocked most space and still find the game not providing enough storage.

I really do NOT understand why a few bytes of data storage cost so much Euros??!!

I am so sick of all those storage limited MMO's, if you played Eve Online or any other MMO that is not storage limitted you can enjoy the game ALOT more!!

This is probably my last storage limitted MMO I ever play, so NOT fun.

You know they give out like twice free 7 days Premium, right? I don't see your problem e,e When I am almost on this low space, but I manage myself.
68de28c44fa8004e946c8d1b31e94b50.gif
I think wardrobe should be for both premium and non premium users.. I mean it's only clothing it doesn't give 1000+ stat does it?
But I don't like these Hongmoon Pouches... I guess I'll keep them for next year.. ._.

You can always make alts as mule from your main account.. Throw them a few silvers, level them up to Stalker Jiangshi area, and you have plenty of storage spaces to store tradable stuffs. This is useful if you don't have wardrobe but still wants to store outfits in the secondary tab.

I don't know if mules other account would work, cuz you know, there is this cute and useless anti-bot that requires you buy NCoin to unlock mailing. It's useless cuz bots still buy the Ncoin and get premium, lol.

Yeah, it's a workaround, until NCSoft changes their mind about a better storage system.

1 hour ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

You can always make alts as mule from your main account.. Throw them a few silvers, level them up to Stalker Jiangshi area, and you have plenty of storage spaces to store tradable stuffs. This is useful if you don't have wardrobe but still wants to store outfits in the secondary tab.

I don't know if mules other account would work, cuz you know, there is this cute and useless anti-bot that requires you buy NCoin to unlock mailing. It's useless cuz bots still buy the Ncoin and get premium, lol.

Yeah, it's a workaround, until NCSoft changes their mind about a better storage system.

thx for tip

11 hours ago, Taikuya said:

Although I do agree with you, on all of your points, I can not afford to pay for this game, so basically your telling me I am shit out of luck? and what about the people who say they do have premium and still have storage problems?

Archived