Average F2P player reaches 450+ AP now

Jurisz

2 minutes ago, Ev1ldark said:

what the hell are you guys talking about?

I'm an F2P player, started my FM like 3 months ago, didn't swipe any credit card and I'm HM 7 520+ AP

You think Blade and Soul is hard grind? ^_^ You kids must have never played old school MMOs like Lineage2

Cheers

I played a extrem p2w game Called Scarlet Blade and i ended up still be the best on my Class even so being F2P.

I know exactly what Grind is but most PPl here... just use there creditcard to evade the grind or complain on Forum... honestly i dont like both kinds of those ppl...

Bot hkinds are slackers... however better slack and have a reallife then grind 24/7... i did it once... never again... whats the Point being best and max gear... mmos are not forever

And u will lose all the time investment anyway... ppl should learn to get along and play for fun... else drop playing mmorpgs ... and go play a solo game.

90% ppl this days are anti social specialy ingames

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really liked the training pouches as well. I agree that it was the only time during the 4 months I spent playing this game when rewards were adequate, particularly with ruined SSP. 

I wish they would either relax the requirements on the SSP to accommodate the overpopulation or make the pouches permanent, at least 3 a day without the extras on the weekends.

" And i mentioned nothing about your farming habbits, i pointed out since you have  570AP+ you've had to be playing for a while, dont tell me you got a 170AP or more jump just from doing daily challenge only just for a month, thats b.s.  "

No it isn't. And that's about where I'll end with you.

ON specific daily days including the HM pouches you can easily get 10~15 stingers, that's including semi- stinger bidding without critical drops.

And even if you average around 8 stingers a day doing daily challenges, in 10 days that's 80 stingers, in 1 month that's 240 stingers.

I used a nebula stone for my weapon.

And no, it isn't 170 AP+ FOR ME. it was around 40 AP. You thinking that you doing this will immediately jump to 570 AP is the issue. No, it won't jump you up that high, but itwill guarantee you progression. You are taking what we give you and saying "Well if I have 200 AP and follow this, I will get 600 AP in a month.". Which is exactly what we are NOT saying. We are saying, if you do this, you will easily hit around 500 AP with gurantee'd progression. The simple fact you pointed out that you could get 170 AP in a month or less to catch up tp me already shows that you want immediate progression... Well.... Immediately. Because nowhere in my post did I say I got 170 AP in a month. I said I went from 540-570 in about that much time ONLY doing dailies. YOU are the one saying "I have 400-460 AP and its total bullshit that I can get 570ap in a month without paying to immediately get there.".

All the counter points are not saying you will immediately get there, all the counter points are saying, you will hit a reasonable "low- average" AP, with a somewhat stable progression. You're the one that wants an immediate 170 AP. When in my same post I literally tell you that in 1 month and some change I only progressed 40 ap.

Lmao.

You are the one going "These guys using currency exchange will get hundreds of gold, which makes them buy materials which cost a lot, and makes them charge more money to buy more gold.". At that point, I kind of have to wonder who is selling 1g for 6 NCoin...

We know this way exists, but we also know it is extremely viable to progress at a steady pace without paying in this game. 

I have 618 ap right now and never farmed single moonstone from ssp, never farmed any 4 man dungeons, never paid for anything else than premium with ncoins and some outfit. I think I am pretty average player. But it also depends average player that have played month or 7 months.

Well I'm casual(play Monday to Thursday max 4hrs a day...I grind RL work on the weekends) ,played since launch. But I rerolled on new server, so that hindered me alot. My reroll main is now 556.

I'm real salty about SSP. I hated pugging dungeons because I always ended up tanking on my FM so I became dedicated ssp grinder. I am now short 16 silverfrost Trans stones to get to awaken Scorpio. All I needed was just ONE more week with stable ssp before merge and I would have been golden lol

I joined a clan last month that is actually functional. Omg that helps so much because the first clan I joined as a new player sucked so bad and I didn't leave until it died (honestly didn't know it sucked until I had this clan to compare it to). After I left first clan I played solo for months. OP and others struggling it is absolutely essential you find a clan that does group runs. IT MAKES A WORLD OF A DIFFERENCE. You can be casual in a clan.

Anyway I still hate the majority of the dungeons but it is doable with supportive people. Now I'm forced to actually learn them well because ssp is no longer lucrative means of gold on my server. My point is getting better gear is doable with group 'dungeoning' guild.

I agree with your statement, however. What fun would a game be if it was easy to upgrade equipment? Id say if it was, this game would get boring. Plus, ive been stuck on that ap amount for long as well, it was tough but it makes the game more competitive! And look at where I am now, 550ap and so proud of my character. Stop whining about it. get used to it coz it wont change. NC wont change it. 

Honestly,  the excuse of "this is a Korean mmo and it is suppose to be super grindy" needs to stop.

I played Tera for over 2 years and it wasn't this bad. The big thing I would say they have in common is rng. Big time rng. Boxes. Loot drops etc. But I played all the classes, I had 8 characters with all maxed gear with never any rl money invested on gear. I only spent money on costumes(I had a blast on that game back then *memories*).

This type of grind is on whole other level.

People are leaving constantly, just last night after a 4 man run my guildmate/friend from guild whispered to me he was gonna quit, he is 630 AP WL and he says he is tired of all the things issues with game (that multiple people have listed on forums multiple times).  Im trying to convince him otherwise because he is really kewl.  But he is one of MANY Ive seen dropping off game consistently.  Ncsoft needs to change some things or we will be logging onto empty servers.

3 hours ago, SillyCookie said:

" And i mentioned nothing about your farming habbits, i pointed out since you have  570AP+ you've had to be playing for a while, dont tell me you got a 170AP or more jump just from doing daily challenge only just for a month, thats b.s.  "

No it isn't. And that's about where I'll end with you.

ON specific daily days including the HM pouches you can easily get 10~15 stingers, that's including semi- stinger bidding without critical drops.

And even if you average around 8 stingers a day doing daily challenges, in 10 days that's 80 stingers, in 1 month that's 240 stingers.

I used a nebula stone for my weapon.

And no, it isn't 170 AP+ FOR ME. it was around 40 AP. You thinking that you doing this will immediately jump to 570 AP is the issue. No, it won't jump you up that high, but itwill guarantee you progression. You are taking what we give you and saying "Well if I have 200 AP and follow this, I will get 600 AP in a month.". Which is exactly what we are NOT saying. We are saying, if you do this, you will easily hit around 500 AP with gurantee'd progression. The simple fact you pointed out that you could get 170 AP in a month or less to catch up tp me already shows that you want immediate progression... Well.... Immediately. Because nowhere in my post did I say I got 170 AP in a month. I said I went from 540-570 in about that much time ONLY doing dailies. YOU are the one saying "I have 400-460 AP and its total bullshit that I can get 570ap in a month without paying to immediately get there.".

All the counter points are not saying you will immediately get there, all the counter points are saying, you will hit a reasonable "low- average" AP, with a somewhat stable progression. You're the one that wants an immediate 170 AP. When in my same post I literally tell you that in 1 month and some change I only progressed 40 ap.

Lmao.

You are the one going "These guys using currency exchange will get hundreds of gold, which makes them buy materials which cost a lot, and makes them charge more money to buy more gold.". At that point, I kind of have to wonder who is selling 1g for 6 NCoin...

We know this way exists, but we also know it is extremely viable to progress at a steady pace without paying in this game. 

Lol, "end with you"

I understand what you're saying about the event, but the events are gone now, thus they are providing no help to the current/previous playerbase before/after they were released, vipercap/nebula stone, ended almost 2 months ago now, this unsealing charm pouch event, just ended a few days ago, and we might not have something similar for a while now. So my point is still valid about eventually encountering a grindwall at a cerain point in the game

And about you gaining 170AP, i was thinking that youve gained that 170AP after you hit 400AP+, and im like what the hell are you doing that im not, because i spent allsay completeing the daily challenge on 2 chars, doing all level 50 heroics on my main SF, and basically farming the merchant on all 3 of my chars through mandate/cold storage, depositing all my gained resources intp my SF main, and in what you're saying i should also be around what you have, but im like 40AP-60AP short.

And what you said about the currency exchange, idk what you're talking about, i see people i know in the game all the time, buying nccoin > buying gold using the nccoin > buying expensive mats > doing it all over again. And there are 2 reasons the currency exchange rate is so low:

1) as ive heard from many sources, the Trove Event, everyone rushed to buy hongmoon coins to get the keys or what ever they were to open the chest, the exchange rate was like 30g-60g:1, and by the time the event ended, the rate was around 10g-20g:1

2) everyone is desperate to get stuff off the cash shop such as new costumes or those summer time rng boxes, so they sell for cheaper to get their stuff to sell quicker, which many others fall victim to, and the rate went from 15g:1 to now, 6g:1, yeah i hate that the rate is soo low, its ridiculous

1 hour ago, B93R said:

I agree with your statement, however. What fun would a game be if it was easy to upgrade equipment? Id say if it was, this game would get boring. Plus, ive been stuck on that ap amount for long as well, it was tough but it makes the game more competitive! And look at where I am now, 550ap and so proud of my character. Stop whining about it. get used to it coz it wont change. NC wont change it. 

is not just about taking time to upgrade equip

i just made a  bit of math, i would need to farm 5-6 dungeons every day just go get the mats ( coral dust as i dont seem to have that much luck with the weapons just breaking at 1-2) to get just the swimsuit without missing a single day, and that is way more than a "average player" would play  for a day ( and dont fool yourself if you do more than  one ssp and 2-3 dungeons you are not the average player, those -the average mmo player-  already left the game )

just to realistically put it, a average player would not do naryu at 45 or wont do be ido now, it takes to much time of the day to just do one of those instances for what they give.

2 hours ago, LadyGamerluv said:

Well I'm casual(play Monday to Thursday max 4hrs a day...I grind RL work on the weekends) ,played since launch. But I rerolled on new server, so that hindered me alot. My reroll main is now 556.

I'm real salty about SSP. I hated pugging dungeons because I always ended up tanking on my FM so I became dedicated ssp grinder. I am now short 16 silverfrost Trans stones to get to awaken Scorpio. All I needed was just ONE more week with stable ssp before merge and I would have been golden lol

I joined a clan last month that is actually functional. Omg that helps so much because the first clan I joined as a new player sucked so bad and I didn't leave until it died (honestly didn't know it sucked until I had this clan to compare it to). After I left first clan I played solo for months. OP and others struggling it is absolutely essential you find a clan that does group runs. IT MAKES A WORLD OF A DIFFERENCE. You can be casual in a clan.

Anyway I still hate the majority of the dungeons but it is doable with supportive people. Now I'm forced to actually learn them well because ssp is no longer lucrative means of gold on my server. My point is getting better gear is doable with group 'dungeoning' guild.

dont fool yourself, you are no "casual" player...

just as i'm also not a "casual", just cause i prefer to level alts and not grind on a main it is not casual play at 4 hour a day...

10 minutes ago, Hydralisk said:

Lol, "end with you"

I understand what you're saying about the event, but the events are gone now, thus they are providing no help to the current/previous playerbase before/after they were released, vipercap/nebula stone, ended almost 2 months ago now, this unsealing charm pouch event, just ended a few days ago, and we might not have something similar for a while now. So my point is still valid about eventually encountering a grindwall at a cerain point in the game

And about you gaining 170AP, i was thinking that youve gained that 170AP after you hit 400AP+, and im like what the hell are you doing that im not, because i spent allsay completeing the daily challenge on 2 chars, doing all level 50 heroics on my main SF, and basically farming the merchant on all 3 of my chars through mandate/cold storage, depositing all my gained resources intp my SF main, and in what you're saying i should also be around what you have, but im like 40AP-60AP short.

And what you said about the currency exchange, idk what you're talking about, i see people i know in the game all the time, buying nccoin > buying gold using the nccoin > buying expensive mats > doing it all over again. And there are 2 reasons the currency exchange rate is so low:

1) as ive heard from many sources, the Trove Event, everyone rushed to buy hongmoon coins to get the keys or what ever they were to open the chest, the exchange rate was like 30g-60g:1, and by the time the event ended, the rate was around 10g-20g:1

2) everyone is desperate to get stuff off the cash shop such as new costumes or those summer time rng boxes, so they sell for cheaper to get their stuff to sell quicker, which many others fall victim to, and the rate went from 15g:1 to now, 6g:1, yeah i hate that the rate is soo low, its ridiculous

The people who have around mid- 400 AP have played through this event. Not the nebula (Maybe, I know someone who played through nebula event and still has 430 AP because she absolutely refuses to grind).

There were ways. If you started after those events, then that sucks, if you started during those events, then it sucks to a certain extent because it was still viable to do them, just not 100% of the way through. And more of these events will occur in the future.

1 hour ago, LadyGamerluv said:

Honestly,  the excuse of "this is a Korean mmo and it is suppose to be super grindy" needs to stop.

I played Tera for over 2 years and it wasn't this bad. The big thing I would say they have in common is rng. Big time rng. Boxes. Loot drops etc. But I played all the classes, I had 8 characters with all maxed gear with never any rl money invested on gear. I only spent money on costumes(I had a blast on that game back then *memories*).

This type of grind is on whole other level.

People are leaving constantly, just last night after a 4 man run my guildmate/friend from guild whispered to me he was gonna quit, he is 630 AP WL and he says he is tired of all the things issues with game (that multiple people have listed on forums multiple times).  Im trying to convince him otherwise because he is really kewl.  But he is one of MANY Ive seen dropping off game consistently.  Ncsoft needs to change some things or we will be logging onto empty servers.

The difference between here and Tera is there was a lot more variables for gear  Tera the gear dropped with different stats and also has to he upgraded and or masterworked adding the rng into that gear there is none of that here so they have to put it somewhere hence the non tradeable purp gear 

There is no +ing factor with rng to drop the +on gear or break the gear here so yea it's probably going to be harder to level it there has to be a money sink somewhere 

1 hour ago, Dotimus said:

just as i'm also not a "casual", just cause i prefer to level alts and not grind on a main it is not casual play at 4 hour a day...

I said MAX four a hrs a day, sometimes I dont even log on in those days, or I may play for a hour or two. The 4 hrs is if they grab me to do four man farming repeatedly after I've done some basic quests, thats the longest. But anyway I guess ur definition of casual is different. 

4 hours ago, LadyGamerluv said:

I said MAX four a hrs a day, sometimes I dont even log on in those days, or I may play for a hour or two. The 4 hrs is if they grab me to do four man farming repeatedly after I've done some basic quests, thats the longest. But anyway I guess ur definition of casual is different. 

For me, a casual player doesn't do 4Ms, and does not repeat the dungeons the same day. What I see as a casual play-style, is playing a couple of hours at various times of the day, doing all different things, and never the hardest difficulty ones (i.e. 4M). I also see casual player as preferring to do things on a spontaneous basis, i.e, LFP, solo or 24M style, rather than being a part of a meet-up group that runs at a dedicated time.

The biggest problem I keep running into in this game is that the group content is designed for a tight group. I though that BnS bypassed it by doing the x-server LFP, but unfortunately, the difficulty is too high for this approach to be successful.

BnS requires not simply a long per day commitment of 4 hrs, it is a commitment of those 4 hrs to be spent on-line at the same time with the same people to have the best chance to succeed. 

While I do enjoy a run with people I 'know' in a way, I cannot be on-line at the same time each day every day because I come home from work at a different time, I have my cooking to do, do yard-work, take my kid to a class, want to go to a gym, or I am just dog tired, etc, etc, etc, so the solution of joining a guild and running with the guild like a clockwork after work is not feasible. Neither it's feasible for me to get up every day at 3 am to run consistently before work.

Other game I played was easier in that respect, because 3 or 4x a week group runs were quite sufficient.  Here it gotta be as close to 7 out of 7 as possible.

So, casual for me means that the rest of my life comes before the game, no matter how obsessive I am about it at times.

I am unwilling to put the game on schedule and commit to it. I just want to log in and play. And then when I am bored or I have a headache or whatever else, to log out.

I really do not like it that the game is not supportive of this gaming preference the way the rewards are distributed. It simply asks for a commitment that imo is inappropriate for a game for it to continue count as an entertainment (just imagine if your ISP made the quality of the signal poorer if you did not watch TV for a prerequisite amounts per day on specific channels!), and the penalties for deviation from the ideal gaming model (with a  static, at the same time, for 3+ hours per day, repeating the most lucrative piece of content multiple times)  are too harsh.

Both the DC event and the SSP were a refuge that helped a HUGE deal.... Those two respected the idea that the free time is quite a valuable commodity in our lives. 

In my opinion, casual is 2-3 hours, extreme casuals would even play for 1 hour or less.  Average would 4-5 hours. Hardcore would be 6 hours +, some extreme hardcore players could do 10 hours+.

If you started at launch and kept a average play rate than i think its safe to say you would be around 550ap even without playing everyday. Especially if you're focusing on just 1 character.

I have been playing since the game launched.  Currently I am sitting at 490AP HM9 mainly because the grind became very tedious and I just lost the drive to do anything.  So right now I just log in run Cold Storage and spend may be about an hour reading faction chat (it became a lot more interesting after the server links with more QQ) the log off.  I have met some new players while leveling some alts but have not seen them after they reached level cap.

The game just feels very unrewarding.  Take the current event for example.  In order to get the Silverfrost Growth Seeds you have to run Twisted Grimhorn Wilds, Gloomdross Incursion and The Shattered Masts.  With the exception of Twisted Grimhorn Wilds, you will actually need gear to run the other two dungeons.  So unless you are part of a clan with people who are willing to carry you instead of just steam roll the dungeon you are totally out of luck.  A lot of these events are designed to make the already geared more powerful and the less geared getting nowhere.   The same goes with the daily challenges.  How many people can complete Asura, Shogun or Whirlwind with the casual AP?

The market is totally controlled by gold sellers.  Take Moonwater Tears for example.  They are being sold in stacks of 50, 100, 200, etc.  Who would actually farm this many manually?  Many players would have no choice but to buy the Tears from the market because you need 15 to craft the Moonwater transformation stones.  So the players feed the gold sellers and the gold sellers in turn sell the gold back to the players who are forced to buy items from the market at artificially controlled rates.

Moonstones now drop from Mushin F14 and F15?  Well isn't that great... only if you are already geared.

So much whining and crying, the time you spend here to make a post and the time you spend to re-read the post that you wrote and how others replied to you.... you could had farmed something.

If you want everything for free and instantly, please tell me where you get this in real life also, please tell me the adres of the person that is willing to give you a million dollar for free without putting effort. The people that made the effort to QQ in this post rly need to be more efficient with their time. It is either have fun and gear yourself up, or you just login to socialize and don't care. But if you do care, please tell your friends to login on a voice chat and you can socialize while you are enjoying the game content. Multitasking....is all that is required to make your character grow into a direction that you want.

In my opinion you guys just need a life coach that teach you how to think efficiently and how to play a game properly. Sure this game has p2w aspects, but this game also babysits a lot of lowbies to make their character great in a fast way.

Also be graceful that I used the time to wrote this post! I was able to leech a 4 man shattered run from my friends while writing this!

14 minutes ago, Illiyani said:

So much whining and crying, the time you spend here to make a post and the time you spend to re-read the post that you wrote and how others replied to you.... you could had farmed something.

If you want everything for free and instantly, please tell me where you get this in real life also, please tell me the adres of the person that is willing to give you a million dollar for free without putting effort. The people that made the effort to QQ in this post rly need to be more efficient with their time. It is either have fun and gear yourself up, or you just login to socialize and don't care. But if you do care, please tell your friends to login on a voice chat and you can socialize while you are enjoying the game content. Multitasking....is all that is required to make your character grow into a direction that you want.

In my opinion you guys just need a life coach that teach you how to think efficiently and how to play a game properly. Sure this game has p2w aspects, but this game also babysits a lot of lowbies to make their character great in a fast way.

Also be graceful that I used the time to wrote this post! I was able to leech a 4 man shattered run from my friends while writing this!

You really hate this sorta attitude of people. :D

Looks like u guys misunderstood what BnS is. It is MMORPG, and they always been grindy, some more, some less, but anyway they was grindy all the time. And BnS has tenth of the grind mmos had back then. If u want to get full gear in week, then open your wallet or switch game, since this isn't a game where gear is dropping on your head from sky. Understand it plz, and stop whinning\silently quit BnS if u won't like it.

I kinda dont get it.. I mean if u find the game boring and not in place why keep playing?

The only reason ur items are low is cause u dont grind to upgrade. 

I as a dont give a fvck player playing like 2-3 hours a day  reached HM 8 with 550ap in like 3 months.. So why cant u ? Either lazy or just cant handle the dungeon system.

Oh and btw! That new event suck balls! We want our merchant and pouches back d1ckheads!!!

On 7/22/2016 at 7:20 AM, luzt said:

You know thats not entirely true.

Stingers dropped in price alot

Silverfrost stone was 80g on first days of 50 patch. Moonwater Stones were +6g, sealed flower 140g etc..

And the gold we can make from dailies has increased significantly over the patches. Then Theres stuff like Premium transform stone, 50g basic fee.. You sell it for 15s? 

Not to forget the required mats to upgrade has increased by lucrative amounts.

This. Things were a lot more expensive, they have actually gone down compared to how they were before.

On 7/22/2016 at 5:58 PM, Dotimus said:

is not just about taking time to upgrade equip

i just made a  bit of math, i would need to farm 5-6 dungeons every day just go get the mats ( coral dust as i dont seem to have that much luck with the weapons just breaking at 1-2) to get just the swimsuit without missing a single day, and that is way more than a "average player" would play  for a day ( and dont fool yourself if you do more than  one ssp and 2-3 dungeons you are not the average player, those -the average mmo player-  already left the game )

just to realistically put it, a average player would not do naryu at 45 or wont do be ido now, it takes to much time of the day to just do one of those instances for what they give.

This is kinda a bullshit event! true. u know i work so much i only get about 4 hours or less with this game when I get home. Well to me this game is more of a hobby because I like playing it. I love my characters and their abilities. But its true what you say. some mats like Moonstones are difficult to grind because they have a limited acquisition. And moonstones are crucial to your Silverfrost upgrades. NC should look into having dungeons dropping moonstones because only SSP and Battlefield, wont work for players under 600ap

Time correlates with progression. It's the standard staple of any MMO. If it was a easy as getting from 0 to Legendary stage 6 in 1-2 months then most players would not still be around. We strive for progression and accomplishments. 

Would you rather go with a different upgrade system? I know games that follow the standard; the higher the enhancement, the lower the chance to succeed in applying that enhancement, plus the chance it could break your weapon/armor.

I can't empathize with a new player since I haven't really tried to level up a new character but it seems like it should be somewhat easier than it was for the people who started when the game was launched.  MTS, Soulstones and anything pre 50 is basically dirt cheap compared to pre 50 release.

The only time you need to grind a little bit is that jump to breeze and even then, it shouldn't take more than 2-3 weeks to complete with 2 hours of play a day.  Even if you're already 50 and can't do some of the dungeons, you can still do tower to flr 1 to 7-8 (2.5-5g), and misty/beach dailies (14-16 soul stones & 2-3g). If you can reliably kill Junghado, I would suggest you invest in the 30s tickets to floor 5.  When I was farming for the hat, I averaged 1 ornament every ~15 kills.  Think of the ornament as a sts dropping and keep farming him until you get enough for the upgrade.  He also drops extravagant fragment pouches so those add up over time.  

On a side note, if you're in a clan, it should be easier since they can help you run some dungeons that you wouldn't normally get into due to the AP requirements by others. 

Archived