Average F2P player reaches 450+ AP now

Jurisz

i basically agree with OP, but i hoestly tyhink that he plays as solo, with no friends/guild behind his shoulders.

also, i wonder what is a MOORPG in your opinion. because usually moorpg means grind and time spent to upgrade a character.

why do u want all and instantly, when i spent WEEKS of farming to get what i have now?

i farmed poh and bsh 4 till vomit.

i farmed necro yeti and lair 4 200 times each.

etc.

whart are your scores about them just to start?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Teijin said:

i see it everyday what ppl want for a stable run is 500 AP+  < this is ur base low requirement then 550+ is ur average  and anything 600+  is most of the time for 4 man soguns  or nexus  (note i said 4 man) im a SF with 540 AP and i still cant sneak into 550 rooms cause my class isnt the best in terms of DPS but the common rooms are starting to be 550+ instead of 500+ so yea  a good chunk of the player are behind by 100 ap  almost 150 or so.

Yeah the cap keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Back at lv 45 when Naryu was the top dungeon. The top dogs would be rocking at 450ap while average would be at 350-400. Not too far behind. Now the top dogs are rocking at 700ap while the average at at 500-550ap.  When the average finally gets to 550-600ap than the top dogs would be rocking at 800ap. The cap is gonna keep on getting bigger and bigger.

1 hour ago, Hydralisk said:

Lol, theres always that few group of people that try to argue games like this have no cash grab mechanics...the game isnt necessarily "pay2win", but instead pay2progress...don't most F2P games have some sort of revenue system lol? No1 just spends $100m-$200m on a game like this and expects to get back nothing ...you ask where they are?

1) currency exchange - yeah one of my guides just started this game about 1 and a half months ago, already has +600AP(and no she hasn't been sitting on 600AP)..Yeah there's no way you'really getting to +500AP that fast...unless you grind(and even then...you still won't get that high in a few weeks like she did)...which she isnt...and no she hasn't been getting extremely lucky either, such as 1kg drops from daily challenge

...she was literally gaining 50-100AP every 2 days

2) Old trove event (main reason currency exchange gold rate prices are so low)...many people cashed on that...got many ultra needed materials..upped all their gear. Now you got these people farming SSP everyday, getting richer and richer everyday, while the weak/undergeared poor get poorer

You can just tell some of these people are hardcore cashers, therefore they are ahead...how can you tell?

1) legendary weapon/very high geared accessories = like 80kg in mats to get lol...very high AP aswell i guess...yesterday..saw some guy in lfp's, looking for 700AP+ only...dont tell me out of the probably 6 people that joined...not one cashed in

2) Many cosmetics(not just old...i mean recent)

3) use of premium - people say its so dumb and such a waste to get it...but i still see many user with them

Not gonna say this is the case for everyone with high AP...but sometimes it obvious

And the average casual isnt at 550AP+ lol...obviously you've played the game for a while...i get on everyday, do all the dailies i can...sell eveything i can/get lucky from past events such as merchant of wonders or that unsealing charm event...and im just now breaking 500AP (511AP)and I've been playing for 3/and a half+ months now...yeah i admit, SoulFighter is my main now...and i did make 2-3 alts(now alts)...but lol, i still got on those everyday aswell and tried to gear them...i was weak and poor, and once you get to your oathbreaker weapon...you are greeted with a pretty high grind wall...costed me around 600g-700g to get my SF to an extra 100AP, when I first broke 400AP, and now it's about to cost me 2kg-3kg to get another 40AP-50AP...Lol

I know a guy from Malaysia who can't charge a dime on here and already has legendary.

Another who is my neighbor who just got legendary and doesn't charge.

Dont feed me that nonsense. If you can do SSP and make Silverfrost transaformation stones, or grind 4 man dungeons for the rare drops to sell in market. Or farmed merchant during the event. It was extremely possible.

The key issue here being "grind".

And yes, for the last month and a half all I have done was my 4 daily challenges and logged out. "Extreme casual", or did you forget to read that part? Did my vicecap dailies to get nebula stone to upgrade my true pirate to true breeze, and used up the rest of my stingers for accessories. I know for a fact that if I did all purple dungeons and did a bit of stinger grinding everyday, I'd easily be at true scoprio brink of legendary by now.

I think the costs of upgrades both in gold and mats should equal what you actually get out of the upgrade not what tier you're on. I barely notice a difference in my damage but I notice a serious depletion of gold and mats some upgrades.

To me the soul isn't worth the upgrade mats at all for example. I'll happily sit with my hongmoon energy 1 as long as the upgrades for 2 AP are that crazy. 

"Average", most of these type of players I've met don't even log in everyday and has already hit at least 520+ AP.

I didn't even pay a cent and has already hit 630 AP though I must say that I started off at launch.

In a player driven economy, the prices that are beyond the reach of new comers are 100% the fault of the existing playerbase. I know it's fun to bash the companies, but this one is all on your fellow players. I wasn't here in the beginning but I am willing to bet an arm and a leg that the prices weren't this high when the game launched. In contrast, prices that ARE handled by the company I wager either haven't changed or have changed very little (such as vendor value for items or upgrade fees). Upgrading from one level to the next might cost 2g, but the 25g in mats needed which puts that next level beyond your capacity to attain it in any sort of reasonable time period before you get frustrated.... that is because the community put that price tag on it.

You know thats not entirely true.

Stingers dropped in price alot

Silverfrost stone was 80g on first days of 50 patch. Moonwater Stones were +6g, sealed flower 140g etc..

And the gold we can make from dailies has increased significantly over the patches. Then Theres stuff like Premium transform stone, 50g basic fee.. You sell it for 15s? 

Not to forget the required mats to upgrade has increased by lucrative amounts.

Plz everybody stop ur bs towards newer ppl n casuall ppl.

Its true its hard n expensive to get pass 480 ap.

They cant farm moonstones cause of low ap ssp full of 700 ap gl getting loots.

Its true ncsoft doesnt help new ppl in the game.

Example my fm earns about 20 moonstones a day in ssp to go to scorpio weapon if i remember i need 90 right? Correct me if wrong.

So thats 5 days plus stingers

How many stingers? Silverfrost stones etc

How are new ppl gonna farm those mats with 450 when ppl are sitting 650-700 ap.

They need a push they need help to catch up

Guys you must be dumb when i read this ... Every day someone complain about this and Cry Cry Cry omg step up and dont complain here go in game and play it if you cant play it cause you choose Asian MMO where hard grind and stereotype is normal you are on wrong game . If you are prepared for that in your mind start playing and stop crying. Its your fault you can have more AP and its your fault you need to grind more then week for one accesory. Me and 2 friends of mine we are playing average 4h per day 630 AP no money except one month of premium for try not worth. So dont start your P2W thing. P2W its a option but its not for win its for P2 save time and do another things and make golds etc.

There is only 2 things in game where the low AP people dont have chance to be 1st or top rank and thats 6v6 and Infinite Tower everething except this you can do if you cant farm farm farm if you cant !! Try to play diferent game where you get everything on silver plate when you start playing and you can look at your character how strong it is. GG

The truth is that 500+AP is a magical border where doing xserver dungs became actually fun/doable/less time eating. I see it now with 483ap alt. Joining 500+ ap party = kick. Creating 480+ party = waiting few eternities to fill it.

And i would say that hard farm for newbies begins at ~400+ap when you have true inf accessories/aw oathbreaker weap with 25ap gem/mw soul. For 450+ you need oathbreaker bracelet/true oath above weap. better gems and hm soul.

I am a F2P player, rerolled summoner when WL was introduced (so my current char is not from january). I play max 3h/day. I don't have a constant group for dungeons, just random X-server groups. I do daily challenge (dungeons +PVP) +cold storage+ heaven's mandate (takes about 1 1/2 hours), and SSP quests (which can be done in half hour). I do not play on my alt (former main char) at all. I currently have 600ish AP and am close to HM 10. In a week I will finish mats for true scorpio weapon so +20 AP boost.

I dunno how hard it is for new players to gear up nowadays, but I can't imagine being very difficult to reach 500 AP, considering that moonwater dungeons still give nice items to sell and players still farm misty woods terrors and BW.

3 minutes ago, Udunnome said:

I am a F2P player, rerolled summoner when WL was introduced (so my current char is not from january). I play max 3h/day. I don't have a constant group for dungeons, just random X-server groups. I do daily challenge (dungeons +PVP) +cold storage+ heaven's mandate (takes about 1 1/2 hours), and SSP quests (which can be done in half hour). I do not play on my alt (former main char) at all. I currently have 600ish AP and am close to HM 10. In a week I will finish mats for true scorpio weapon so +20 AP boost.

I dunno how hard it is for new players to gear up nowadays, but I can't imagine being very difficult to reach 500 AP, considering that moonwater dungeons still give nice items to sell and players still farm misty woods terrors and BW.

wtf are you serious :l

9 hours ago, Jurisz said:

... if they know what they're doing

Which is fine. But after that it becomes a ridiculous grind. Unless you're paying with your credit card.

There is no efficient way to push through 450+ AP cap right now. Everything is so damn expensive and takes months of farming. But then what? New content comes out again.

With this new patch pouches and merchant got removed. Why? It was the most sane thing ever implemented for players who wanted to log in and do daily challenge, then log off. Getting something useful every day and maybe a chance to upgrade stuff in a few days of doing that shit?

Why *cricket* with us like that?

Also this new 24 man hub is a damn joke. Well played. Very damn fun area. How are new players going to survive the blast and carry on from there? You're just scaring your players away with this stuff.

Really, like, these just blow people away.

+1 goes to RNG too. It's like you wish for something, but you actually don't. In the end you still wont get anything you want. 

Keep swiping your cards people. 

Usually I am the one who talks bad about NCWest in regards of the server stability for EU. But what you wrote is ridiculous.

Getting over 450 AP to even 550 isn't that hard. You can get from 450-500 in a week ... I am just feeling that you are a really lazy, bad and noob player.

But you can always research and ask people how before you complain. Here is the guide that might help you:

About the event you are crying. Yes its an event, and an event eventually ends that is why it's call an event. It was a good event, and we are sorry it ended but that is how things works. You think I am not salty that I didn't get the ruby from pouches, I am but not on NCWest but on me.

Ah yes the content. Do you really think that you are the only player here? So we should all wait for you, maybe send you a mail with

" Dear Mr WorldallourndME can we make the new upgrade?" I mean geez ...

Stop making this stupid threads it just makes u look ...

If you need help, then make a thread about info, research more and play more.

A wise man said " Get GUD, stop crying"

This topic is so... Ugh.

For the record, the average player is probably around 550 AP at least at this point. I'm at 676 AP and I'm hardly using my time efficiently.

You think the grind is bad now? Just wait until you see the requirements for legendary. I've maxed all my accessories and got my weapon to True Scorpio Stage 10, but I need 3000 gold more in materials still and then I'll have to get even more for Stage 2/3 upgrades. I'm at 676 AP and each extra point of Attack Power is going to set me back several hundred gold.

Getting to 550 - no, even 600 AP - shouldn't take that long. All you need is a good clan so you have solid teammates to do dailies with. I'll carry anybody in my clan who's willing to follow basic instructions through Lair, Yeti, Necro, Cold Storage and Heaven's Mandate, and I'll also take any clanmates with 400+ AP through 6 man Nexus and Asura.

Do activities as a clan, and the entire group gets strong surprisingly quickly.

A Force Master who started the game 2 and a half months ago is already 600 AP, without spending any real world money. Our faction doesn't even have access to SSP most of the time. The way they did it? We went on clan runs together, got lots and lots of *quality* game time in, and it also helps that they're actually good at the game and learn the mechanics of the dungeons, and listen to their teammates.

If you've been playing since the beginning and you're still below 500 AP, this game might not be right for you. This was never meant to be a "log in 2 hours every day and you can keep up" kind of game. It's a Korean MMO - and they're always grindfests.

29 minutes ago, Talinoth said:

This was never meant to be a "log in 2 hours every day and you can keep up" kind of game. It's a Korean MMO - and they're always grindfests.

On the contrary. This game is designed to be accessible for casual players . You want Korean grindfest? Go play Lineage 2 Classic server.

Time and ap are in no relation. It all depends on your play time and what you are doing. The game is also not very friednly no new players, that's true. If you play since release you won't have any problems. If you started 1-2 months ago and playing not very much you won't reach the high ap players unless they bring more pouch events like the last one.

For the topic itself: If someone hits 450 ap now, he either started short time ago or he played very rarely. The game and no one will care about such players.

6 hours ago, SillyCookie said:

I know a guy from Malaysia who can't charge a dime on here and already has legendary.

Another who is my neighbor who just got legendary and doesn't charge.

Dont feed me that nonsense. If you can do SSP and make Silverfrost transaformation stones, or grind 4 man dungeons for the rare drops to sell in market. Or farmed merchant during the event. It was extremely possible.

The key issue here being "grind".

And yes, for the last month and a half all I have done was my 4 daily challenges and logged out. "Extreme casual", or did you forget to read that part? Did my vicecap dailies to get nebula stone to upgrade my true pirate to true breeze, and used up the rest of my stingers for accessories. I know for a fact that if I did all purple dungeons and did a bit of stinger grinding everyday, I'd easily be at true scoprio brink of legendary by now.

Oooohohoo 2 people...lol, imm sure there are more but the same thing can be said about the wallet warriors, lets no act like there are none, because if so this game would be dead and gone, you think them watching us play for free is funding them? Lol..its non sense its common sense, as i said most f2p games have a system that alows cashers to get by quicker than f2p players...its obvious through the currency exchange...lol tell me how my guildie gained about+100 AP(already at 500AP) in 2 days and shes only been playing a month an a half? Tell me how? Hardcore grind non stop for 48 hours? Idk man, she has all the new costumes and premium aswell, maybe its just me. 

And you talk about 4man'ing dungeons, which ones? 4man blackram narrows? Lets get real no1 is 4man'ing yeti or necro with someone with barely 450AP, you can barely find these dungeon in 6man with a 450AP+ requirement.

And SSP? Lol, especially with this server merge? Already paired with the usual 30+ 600AP+ Players dps'ing the bosses, good luck, id like to see you reroll a destroyer or blade master with barely 450AP and try

And i mentioned nothing about your farming habbits, i pointed out since you have  570AP+ you've had to be playing for a while, dont tell me you got a 170AP or more jump just from doing daily challenge only just for a month, thats b.s. if it were true id have all my barely 400's to atleast 460AP+ now, i was doing daily challenge on 2 chars and mandate/cold storage on another farming just merchant, and on my main doing all the lvl 50 heroic dungeons only to transfer all the resources to one main...just broke 500AP lol, please tell me what im doing wrong

Im not understanding why when the argument over whether this game is pay2win/pay2progress or not, you people that disagree that it is, cant even point out th currency exchange or trove event. You're gonna tell me the currency exchange isnt pay2win? You are literally buying gold using nccoin, kinda like how the gold sellers spam chat about their OGQ or what ever it is b.s., because they know when someone illegally buys something from they make a real life profit, if they didnt, you think they'd spam chat like they do now? NCSoft is literally doing the same thing, its as simple as:

Step 1: Player swipes credit card to buy nccoin

Step 2: NCSoft profts

Step 3: Player buys gold through currecy exchange to lessen the grind on their gear

You're gonna tell me thats not pay2progress? Cause if its not, what the hell is???

You're probably thinking its small and not important, if it wasnt the system wouldnt be in game, think about it, for 

Like $5 you can get i think 50g-70g. Youre gonna tell me the people that "opened over 500 summer time giftoxes" had them all gifted to them or brought them using their "grinded" gold only? Thats like 20kg. You're gonna tell me that people that brought 300-500 giftboxes would never, not once think about using the currency exchange to up their gear? You think if they have the $$$, and want to spend it on boxes with the possibility of getting +6APgems are gonna skip over the fact they can get 500AP-700AP in a few weeks by exploiting the currency exchange? Thats dumb thinking (not calling you dumb).

Sorry if it feels like im specifically targetting you, but so many people that "hardcore grinded" their gear seem to have this mindset, that just because you can do it, everyone else WILL do it. I just dont understand why its so hard to acknowledge the currency exchange and what its doing for people that use it for their benefit, both f2p players and cashers. 

I dont think the developers of this game all sat at round table and said "so this game will cost $100m-$200m to make, hmm, somewhere around max level, lets add a unskippable grindwall, lets not even add a way, where if players wanted to pay to get theough it, they could" Doesn't that sound like a  very horrible buisness plan to you?

Ofc through hours upon hours of grinding you can get through the grindwall, but dont get mad people want to post forum topic after forum topic titled "GG NCSoft, the game is dieing and its your fault" or "is it worth coming back?" with one of their main talking points is on the grindwall, ofc they arent asking the devs/gm's to "give them everything free", thats a stupid freaking idea, and f2p players dont even want that because it, well you guessed it!, KILL THE GAME. My Dear Lord, people keep coming up with these dumb statements that make anothers statements look dumb and idiotic just to get their stupid point across...not coming after you, cause you did none of these things near the end of my message, but so many others do, and its just...wow...

56 minutes ago, Udunnome said:

On the contrary. This game is designed to be accessible for casual players . You want Korean grindfest? Go play Lineage 2 Classic server.

sy1eue.png

Yeah, Koreans love grinding, not as much as the rest of the world.

Beside we all know the grind is just there to add superficial longevity to the game.

Not necessarily against it though, but the small increases in stats while the grind gets heavier each upgrade is what I dislike.

what the hell are you guys talking about?

I'm an F2P player, started my FM like 3 months ago, didn't swipe any credit card and I'm HM 7 520+ AP

You think Blade and Soul is hard grind? ^_^ You kids must have never played old school MMOs like Lineage2

Cheers

Archived