Average F2P player reaches 450+ AP now

Jurisz

... if they know what they're doing

Which is fine. But after that it becomes a ridiculous grind. Unless you're paying with your credit card.

There is no efficient way to push through 450+ AP cap right now. Everything is so damn expensive and takes months of farming. But then what? New content comes out again.

With this new patch pouches and merchant got removed. Why? It was the most sane thing ever implemented for players who wanted to log in and do daily challenge, then log off. Getting something useful every day and maybe a chance to upgrade stuff in a few days of doing that shit?

Why *cricket* with us like that?

Also this new 24 man hub is a damn joke. Well played. Very damn fun area. How are new players going to survive the blast and carry on from there? You're just scaring your players away with this stuff.

Really, like, these just blow people away.

+1 goes to RNG too. It's like you wish for something, but you actually don't. In the end you still wont get anything you want. 

Keep swiping your cards people. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Jurisz said:

Which is fine. But after that it becomes a ridiculous grind. Unless you're paying with your credit card.

There is no efficient way to push through 450+ AP cap right now. Everything is so damn expensive and takes months of farming. But then what? New content comes out again.

With this new patch pouches and merchant got removed. Why? It was the most sane thing ever implemented for players who wanted to log in and do daily challenge, then log off. Getting something useful every day and maybe a chance to upgrade stuff in a few days of doing that shit?

Also this new 24 man hub is a damn joke. Well played. Very damn fun area. How are new players going to survive the blast and carry on from there? You're just scaring your players away with this stuff.

+1 goes to RNG too. It's like you wish for something, but you actually don't. In the end you still wont get anything you want. 

I wholeheartedly agree with you. Sitting at 464AP and it's ridiculous trying to push even further. It's a shame too. If only I could play the KR version and understand it I would :/

19 minutes ago, Jurisz said:

Just now, GiverOfLs said:

I wholeheartedly agree with you. Sitting at 464AP and it's ridiculous trying to push even further. It's a shame too. If only I could play the KR version and understand it I would :/

Did you guys got into the game late or something? Cause if you started when it was first released 7 months ago then the average ap for most players is actually 500-550 i think.

I started around launch as well but I didn't have much time to play until recently. It's just ridiculous that the costs and grind required to rise even "1"AP takes days/weeks worth of work. It's a shame too because this just scares new players off. That combined with the fact that no one is around to help the lower lvls do dungeons they need or help out just kills off the lower tier of the playerbase. Average is not 500-550 btw, it's 450-500. A good chunk of players quit or stop playing because they can't make it pass the 500AP p2w or grind for 48293123921 hrs wall.

I'll try dude. 15/17 of my friends quit alrdy. Just really disheartening upgrading then seeing the costs of the nxt one and seeing it's gonna take forever to gather for 1-2measly ap. I'm just going to give the game a break for a couple of weeks and check back to see the state it's in.

Let's call it what it is. You are not the "average F2P player"

You are the average casual.

I am the average F2P player and I have 576 AP. At this point I wouldn't even consider myself "average" because I log in, do my daily challenges, and log out I.E. extreme casual at this point. I used this method to go from around 540 AP - 576 AP, and even then I still managed to get my Awakened oathbreaker earring to Awakened scorpio and my Awk. Oathbreaker ring to true oathbreak... In 2 days......

Cmon man, there is pretty much next to no other way to progress with your "credit card" to get to mid- high 500 AP tier.

Seriously. Where the *cricket* do I swipe my credit card to get the enormous amounts of mats needed to upgrade? WHERE?! 

You either hardcore grind it out, or you don't. And if you don't hardcore grind it out, and see people who do, people like you immediately resort to "OMG ITS P2W". You just complained about people not doing the same content as you because you're AP is behind, and in the same dam line resort to "Keep swiping your cards".

For *cricket*s sake, you don't even know what to complain about lmao.

FOH

15 hours ago, WhiteTrash said:

I don't see what the struggle is at 450 you can do fang yeti and necro them alone will give you roughly  10g a day then what ever else you run for more gold once you break 500 it's a ez 30-60 gold a day so really where is the struggle here ? Other then wanting up grades right meow 

Yeti takes 10-30mins to complete ON A GOOD DAY. Longer if I can't find a party able to complete without wipe after wipe. Necro is ridiculously long for a lousy reward and the common afk or bot. Fang is the only good one of the trio. I still do them and they only give around 8g. Every daily is a hassle to even get a party started for. Nexus I've yet to complete due to failed parties or no one queue'ing. The non-queue'ing is also an issue for the lower lvl dungeons. Also, 1.5hrs/day x how many days to acquire the moonstones I need for upgrades? I can't do SSP, neither side yields and now SSP is empty. Has been empty since the merge due to no one being able to get anything done. The problem is the materials us lower AP members require are not accessible to us at all. Forcing a PvP area that requires a high AP to EVEN GET CREDIT is a terrible concept. The game is just broken and downright dead on so many levels. Higher levels are the only active areas and I mean the top 4-5 dungeons. The rest are completely dead. NCSoft basically gave a *cricket* to any new player who joins. 

15 hours ago, SillyCookie said:

I Let's call it what it is. You are not the "average F2P player"

I am the average F2P player and I have 576 AP. At this point I wouldn't even consider myself "average" because I log in, do my daily challenges, and log out I.E. extreme casual at this point. I used this method to go from around 540 AP - 576 AP, and even then I still managed to get my Awakened oathbreaker earring to Awakened scorpio and my Awk. Oathbreaker ring to true oathbreak... In 2 days......

Cmon man, there is pretty much next to no other way to progress with your "credit card" to get to mid- high 500 AP tier.

Seriously. Where the *cricket* do I swipe my credit card to get the enormous amounts of mats needed to upgrade? WHERE?! 

You either hardcore grind it out, or you don't. And if you don't hardcore grind it out, and see people who do, people like you immediately resort to "OMG ITS P2W". You just complained about people not doing the same content as you because you're AP is behind, and in the same dam line resort to "Keep swiping your cards".

FOH

I used to play for 3-5hrs a day on weekdays and 6+hrs on weekends when I thought the game was FUN. At this point I see now that it is not. I'll take my time and effort somewhere else where I don't have to waste 40+ hrs a week on sticks and stones. Only reason I still log on is because I've made 3-4 good friends I'd do the occasional 5-8 dailies with. They're the only ones making this game tolerable. There's a reason the population is slowly dying out. This is a  grind on horrible levels.

53 minutes ago, GiverOfLs said:

I started around launch as well but I didn't have much time to play until recently. It's just ridiculous that the costs and grind required to rise even "1"AP takes days/weeks worth of work. It's a shame too because this just scares new players off. That combined with the fact that no one is around to help the lower lvls do dungeons they need or help out just kills off the lower tier of the playerbase. Average is not 500-550 btw, it's 450-500. A good chunk of players quit or stop playing because they can't make it pass the 500AP p2w or grind for 48293123921 hrs wall.

If you started during launch and and still have 450ap then you aren't a average player. You are more of a casual player. Average player ap from players who started during launch would be 500-550. But you did say you stopped playing for awhile so how long did you stopped playing for? 2 months? 3 months? If so than i understand how it would take a lot of time for you to catch up. And it doesn't take 48293123921 hrs to get to 500, only 4829 hours lol.

16 minutes ago, SillyCookie said:

FOH

U seriously asking this Question? WHERE?

Lul.. pretty much,. each so called "EVENT" is P2W bullcrap...

(via resets vipercap,merchant ... exp and gem and materials spam) credit card... zippp~

Treasure Trove... buy keys get gems and materials endless aslong u pay... zippp~

Get "FREE" 50 Coral buy spaming the same outit ... zippp~ bling bling*

Spam buying sommer Boxes ~ zippp there u go exp and materials spam and gems ^.^

PS: since u asked... i just thought i helped u out... where to get those Mats (= Kappa

Ugh.... The events that sped people up but still gave people who dont charge a chance. People like me, but I guess that doesn't count. Or I guess nothing counts unless you have stage 4 legendary with maxed accessories... -_-

" hey're the only ones making this game tolerable. There's a reason the population is slowly dying out. This is a  grind on horrible levels. "

Indeed it is, and that's about it. If you don't grind then.... That's why you fall behind.

The pouch event was perfect. Even the lower AP players could grind and do dailies for a chance to get upgrade material and choose to either save it for themselves or sell for gold to upgrade their current equipment. Only reason this game probably appealed to me until now. It felt like something that SHOULD belong as a permanent thing. Maybe 1 pouch on weekdays and 3 on weekends or something of this nature. Now we don't have anything. Zip. I want you to make a new account and get to 550AP without using your main's gold, swiping your card, or having established friends run you thru dungeons. Tell me how it feels starting new and not even being given a fair chance.

2 minutes ago, GiverOfLs said:

The pouch event was perfect. Even the lower AP players could grind and do dailies for a chance to get upgrade material and choose to either save it for themselves or sell for gold to upgrade their current equipment. Only reason this game probably appealed to me until now. It felt like something that SHOULD belong as a permanent thing. Maybe 1 pouch on weekdays and 3 on weekends or something of this nature. Now we don't have anything. Zip

Aggree... the so called Events... are no events for me they just cashshop updates... and like u said the only "event" that was good was the daily pouches wich should be permanent only with maybe updated rewards and not extrem over the top ofc...

IDK what games u played before guys but..... an EVENT is for me something else....

Like Bang huge monsters atk an area u need defend it or find the Gm... or Monster spawn or Screenshot event who find most beautyful place ingame... beauty contest etc

.... this are events..... am i wrong ?... man....

15 minutes ago, GiverOfLs said:

Yeti takes 10-30mins to complete ON A GOOD DAY. Longer if I can't find a party able to complete without wipe after wipe. Necro is ridiculously long for a lousy reward and the common afk or bot. Fang is the only good one of the trio. I still do them and they only give around 8g. Every daily is a hassle to even get a party started for. Nexus I've yet to complete due to failed parties or no one queue'ing. The non-queue'ing is also an issue for the lower lvl dungeons. Also, 1.5hrs/day x how many days to acquire the moonstones I need for upgrades? I can't do SSP, neither side yields and now SSP is empty. Has been empty since the merge due to no one being able to get anything done. The problem is the materials us lower AP members require are not accessible to us at all. Forcing a PvP area that requires a high AP to EVEN GET CREDIT is a terrible concept. The game is just broken and downright dead on so many levels. Higher levels are the only active areas and I mean the top 4-5 dungeons. The rest are completely dead. NCSoft basically gave a fk u to any new player who joins. 

I used to play for 3-5hrs a day on weekdays and 6+hrs on weekends when I thought the game was FUN. At this point I see now that it is not. I'll take my time and effort somewhere else where I don't have to waste 40+ hrs a week on sticks and stones. Only reason I still log on is because I've made 3-4 good friends I'd do the occasional 5-8 dailies with. They're the only ones making this game tolerable. There's a reason the population is slowly dying out. This is a  grind on horrible levels.

I don't see how your having so many issues with den unless your part of the problem causing the wipes I pug que it all the time on my sf since its only 480 ap and maybe wipe 1-10 

Necro you don't wanna waste the time so you loose like 5g a day there 

5-8dailys a day and you wonder why it's so hard to get upgraded ....

I could understand SPP and the moonstone requirements.

But I used to constant;y spam Moonwater faction dailies + Hogshead faction dailies EVERYDAY for soulstones.

Then moonstones became an issue because cerulean was a low player faction, and nobody does Battlegrounds. So I ended up switching to Crim and had no problems with Moonstones, but I see that that isn't viable for you, but daily challenges (On specific days) slightly remedy that.

I do agree that this game is very anti- alt, unless you are high level'd and stockpile mats for your alts.

AP aren't the problem, the community is. People ask for ridiculous AP requirements and will kick you if you don't fulfill them. Some people will leave a LFP group for Heaven's Mandate that is full of HM 7-9 players, if there's a single HM1 in it. On top of insulting the HM1 player, that is. As if there were any chance to fail that fight, of all things.

There are so many assholes in this game, it's incredible. And a big chunk of those that are above 500 AP do their utmost to make sure anyone below 500 AP can never catch up - or may even quit the game, based on getting harassed and kicked left and right.

I recently started anew on EU servers, having played on US servers for months beforehand, so I already know what kind of douchebaggery to expect, but even I am still sometimes negatively surprised by the community. It's a wonder this game still gets new players on occasion at all - the community seems intent on keeping them out.

I play in EU servers and hearing all these toxic comments I can only partially agree. Most jerks are in low level dungeons such as Tomb of the Exile and Blackram Narrows but in high levels I rarely meet such. Maybe 1/10 runs has toxic players in it to the extent where they wish others to get cancers etc. Rarely I see people complaining about AP unless it's like 390 AP in Asura but that is only because hey, they will die most likely in one hit or not even be able to hit anything with their 90 % accuracy.

I got to agree with Riepah that it is the community that is pushing away the new players more than the upgrades I would say. "I have 400 AP, I want to do purple dungeons" -type of players will be demolished by 550+ just because apparently no one remembers how it was at beginning for everyone. Seems to me that once one player gets high enough they turn into those elitists from the friendly people they used to be not caring about anyone else.

3 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

I got to agree with Riepah that it is the community that is pushing away the new players more than the upgrades I would say. "I have 400 AP, I want to do purple dungeons" -type of players will be demolished by 550+ just because apparently no one remembers how it was at beginning for everyone. Seems to me that once one player gets high enough they turn into those elitists from the friendly people they used to be not caring about anyone else.

I have actually run into several people who had more AP than I do, yet ended up dealing less DPS, and still those are the same people who would kick me from a dungeon if they could. Short of League of Legends, I haven't seen a community this terrible anywhere else, and I'm not far from quitting, at this point.

People tell you to "gear up" while kicking you from all the lucrative dungeons you have to do in order to get the money to "gear up", it's disgusting.

i see it everyday what ppl want for a stable run is 500 AP+  < this is ur base low requirement then 550+ is ur average  and anything 600+  is most of the time for 4 man soguns  or nexus  (note i said 4 man) im a SF with 540 AP and i still cant sneak into 550 rooms cause my class isnt the best in terms of DPS but the common rooms are starting to be 550+ instead of 500+ so yea  a good chunk of the player are behind by 100 ap  almost 150 or so.

1 hour ago, SillyCookie said:

FOH

Lol, theres always that few group of people that try to argue games like this have no cash grab mechanics...the game isnt necessarily "pay2win", but instead pay2progress...don't most F2P games have some sort of revenue system lol? No1 just spends $100m-$200m on a game like this and expects to get back nothing ...you ask where they are?

1) currency exchange - yeah one of my guides just started this game about 1 and a half months ago, already has +600AP(and no she hasn't been sitting on 600AP)..Yeah there's no way you'really getting to +500AP that fast...unless you grind(and even then...you still won't get that high in a few weeks like she did)...which she isnt...and no she hasn't been getting extremely lucky either, such as 1kg drops from daily challenge

...she was literally gaining 50-100AP every 2 days

2) Old trove event (main reason currency exchange gold rate prices are so low)...many people cashed on that...got many ultra needed materials..upped all their gear. Now you got these people farming SSP everyday, getting richer and richer everyday, while the weak/undergeared poor get poorer

You can just tell some of these people are hardcore cashers, therefore they are ahead...how can you tell?

1) legendary weapon/very high geared accessories = like 80kg in mats to get lol...very high AP aswell i guess...yesterday..saw some guy in lfp's, looking for 700AP+ only...dont tell me out of the probably 6 people that joined...not one cashed in

2) Many cosmetics(not just old...i mean recent)

3) use of premium - people say its so dumb and such a waste to get it...but i still see many user with them

Not gonna say this is the case for everyone with high AP...but sometimes it obvious

And the average casual isnt at 550AP+ lol...obviously you've played the game for a while...i get on everyday, do all the dailies i can...sell eveything i can/get lucky from past events such as merchant of wonders or that unsealing charm event...and im just now breaking 500AP (511AP)and I've been playing for 3/and a half+ months now...yeah i admit, SoulFighter is my main now...and i did make 2-3 alts(now alts)...but lol, i still got on those everyday aswell and tried to gear them...i was weak and poor, and once you get to your oathbreaker weapon...you are greeted with a pretty high grind wall...costed me around 600g-700g to get my SF to an extra 100AP, when I first broke 400AP, and now it's about to cost me 2kg-3kg to get another 40AP-50AP...Lol

17 minutes ago, Teijin said:

i see it everyday what ppl want for a stable run is 500 AP+  < this is ur base low requirement then 550+ is ur average  and anything 600+  is most of the time for 4 man soguns  or nexus  (note i said 4 man) im a SF with 540 AP and i still cant sneak into 550 rooms cause my class isnt the best in terms of DPS but the common rooms are starting to be 550+ instead of 500+ so yea  a good chunk of the player are behind by 100 ap  almost 150 or so.

Sometimes there is nice group of 550+ which lets you join even with lower AP. I have managed to get in with 12 AP less than the recruit says. Sometimes I do it also that I recruit 550+ but will allow up to 20-30 AP less because I know the content can be cleared with less.

Archived