WLraik

If I could rule NCsoft...

Recommended Posts

WLraik   

Me - Hey employees it's pay day, come receive your salary.

Me to employee1 - So, you worked 26 days this month and now you gotta get paid, right? Sorry m8 you didn't hit the 0,0001% chance of getting paid =/

Me to employee2 - Nice, you hit the 0,0001% chance of getting paid, here's 70% of your salary? Why? Oh.. The fees, you know :)

 

Employee2 to all others - Hey people stop complaining, a chance is a chance it's not that bad, other companies are worse you should be thankful, ignore the fail don't let it drive you down. 

 

Other company employee asks Ncsoft employee - Hey, why do you keep working for this company? 

Ncsoft employee - Because the manager says they gonna improve and change for the better, I have hope because I like my job but I keep getting my bum raped, I may quit if it keeps happening.

 

Employee78 to employee34 - Hey why they do things like this? I didn't receive my salary this month after all my hard work.

 - Dude, it's like that in all the other regions.

 - ? I.. don't work in other regions, I work here in the West, saying that is a complete fallacy.

 

Me to all employees - Hey, don't worry, 99,9% of you didn't hit the chance of getting paid so I'll provide other ways for you guys to get paid ok? You all gonna work every Sat and Sunday for another chance of getting paid, what about that? Instead of 0,0001% it'll be 0,0002%. Big deal uh? Now go work 30 days to get that chance!

After 30 days.

Me to employee28 - Hmm... You got sick on a saturday, sorry but you needed 30 days of working in order to get a plus chance, no salary for you again. Here's a t-shirt.

 

 

Ok, thats exactly how I feel playing Blade and Soul, grinding grinding to receive nothing, no key from Capture phase, no credit or key on Grindtooth, running Asura 4man to get 2 stingers at the end, failing 13 weapons in a row and not even reaching stage 5 on any, opening 100 pouches and getting no 100-bundles or gems, opening Ogre box and no key, 10 tries on transmutation 10 fails.

But the employee2 that had the luck will say "a chance is chance" right? 

 

Dear Ncsoft, change the RNG system in this game. Vipercap event was perfect, zero RNG and the farm was there. Yes, there is a way of keeping your playerbase active, make money and REWARD them after their grinding.

Edited by WLraik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Riepah   

I do agree that Vipercap was a great event - it was helpful for literally EVERYONE. The current event seems pretty awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brand X   

While I don't consider BnS to be work (like other players seem to) I do agree with the sentiment :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brand X   
14 minutes ago, Nattia said:

the current event with corallites is another form of gambling, yuck.

You don't pay anything into it.  You do a quest.  You get a reward.  You hope range is on your side.  No money is put in by you at all.  That is not gambling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Unicorns   

Does anyone even play games to have fun anymore? Is it imposible for people to enjoy a game if they dont have maxed our character within 3 months form launch? Not only talking about bns. I understand sometimes it might feel unrewarding, but shouldnt you be having fun running those dungeons? If you dont enjoy the process of gearing up your character then why re you playing? What are you going to do once your character is maxed out? 

6 minutes ago, Brand X said:

You don't pay anything into it.  You do a quest.  You get a reward.  You hope range is on your side.  No money is put in by you at all.  That is not gambling.

You are gamblng your corallite, which you can sell to others for gold, and you do use gold to upgrade the weapon too, and it can fail so you waste corallite and gold,so yes it is gambling lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brand X   
7 minutes ago, Unicorns said:

Does anyone even play games to have fun anymore? Is it imposible for people to enjoy a game if they dont have maxed our character within 3 months form launch? Not only talking about bns. I understand sometimes it might feel unrewarding, but shouldnt you be having fun running those dungeons? If you dont enjoy the process of gearing up your character then why re you playing? What are you going to do once your character is maxed out? 

You are gamblng your corallite, which you can sell to others for gold, and you do use gold to upgrade the weapon too, and it can fail so you waste corallite and gold,so yes it is gambling lol.

It's in game currency.  Not real money.  I will agree that it's suckie, but my thought on that was, it was NCSofts way of taking gold out of the system.  :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WLraik said:

Dear Ncsoft, change the RNG system in this game. Vipercap event was perfect, zero RNG and the farm was there. Yes, there is a way of keeping your playerbase active, make money and REWARD them after their grinding.

My favorite event was the Hongmoon Training Pouches!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shukran   

if i ruled ncsoft?

 

me: ehy arenanet come here... take back GW1 and make it full HD.

arenanet: kappa

me : make it the same eh.

ncsoft ruled the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Unicorns said:

Does anyone even play games to have fun anymore? Is it imposible for people to enjoy a game if they dont have maxed our character within 3 months form launch? Not only talking about bns. I understand sometimes it might feel unrewarding, but shouldnt you be having fun running those dungeons? If you dont enjoy the process of gearing up your character then why re you playing? What are you going to do once your character is maxed out? 

You are gamblng your corallite, which you can sell to others for gold, and you do use gold to upgrade the weapon too, and it can fail so you waste corallite and gold,so yes it is gambling lol.

The problem is the grinding in this game IS NOT fun. It's alright if you're decently rewarded for your time and effort but when it takes 3+ mins to queue for a dungeon and 15+mins to finish (praying you dont get a bot/afk/troll which are common nowadays) and you aren't even given proper compensation, it starts to suck big time. I've played other MMO's where the grind isn't bad. Yea, it might take some time but you feel like you're actually progressing and you can see it almost everyday you play. Examples are fiesta online(in it's prime, sucks now), ffxiv, cabal online (in its prime). BnS just has a horrible endgame model with little to no content to explore. That mixed with the extremely heavy p2w aspect and the lack of playerbase where lower lvl dungeons are impossible to do and it just kills the game. Out of my 17 or so friends who started with me (we came from a guild on ffxiv), only 2 still remain. The game is just dying out as sad as I am to say. The combat I love, but anything further that than that is a big no no no.

Edited by GiverOfLs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Melodia   
4 hours ago, Brand X said:

You don't pay anything into it.  You do a quest.  You get a reward.  You hope range is on your side.  No money is put in by you at all.  That is not gambling.

You clearly have not played the game since yesterday.

You realize upgrading your seafood weapon costs money? And lots of money for most people? You can easily burn hundreds everyday just from upgrading this piece of shit. That's 99.99% of player's entire savings.

 

I agree Vipercap was still the best event.

  • Open to 99% of the playerbase since min level was only 30, people can get to 30 in 2-3 days
  • No RNG bullshittery. You spend 5min on this everyday, everyone guaranteed to get a costume at the end if they persevere. And a very pretty costume at that
  • Interesting mechanic that didn't rely on DPS race "har har I have more AP than you so I'll finish 4 seconds before you do"

Kudos for making that event but HUGE thumbs down for this event. Not only is it not open to anyone below 50 AND with a healthy AP, but it's 100% RNG with an unprecedented level of grind. You gotta spend 3-4 hours grinding every single purple dungeon in the game if you wanna stand any chance of even getting the costume. Wtf.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Melodia said:

You clearly have not played the game since yesterday.

You realize upgrading your seafood weapon costs money? And lots of money for most people? You can easily burn hundreds everyday just from upgrading this piece of shit. That's 99.99% of player's entire savings.

 

I agree Vipercap was still the best event.

  • Open to 99% of the playerbase since min level was only 30, people can get to 30 in 2-3 days
  • No RNG bullshittery. You spend 5min on this everyday, everyone guaranteed to get a costume at the end if they persevere. And a very pretty costume at that
  • Interesting mechanic that didn't rely on DPS race "har har I have more AP than you so I'll finish 4 seconds before you do"

Kudos for making that event but HUGE thumbs down for this event. Not only is it not open to anyone below 50 AND with a healthy AP, but it's 100% RNG with an unprecedented level of grind. You gotta spend 3-4 hours grinding every single purple dungeon in the game if you wanna stand any chance of even getting the costume. Wtf.

 

Finally someone with brains. I made a thread ealier on this shit rng event and all people could say was "you dont HAVE to do it" or "Lol you expect to get it easily" or "use fragments"...i bet the people that posted those replies either got what they wanted on their 1st-3rd try or arent even going to do the event at all...ofc they're acting like its "fair"

Edited by Hydralisk
.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see where you're coming from however am I an absolute crazy person that I see BnS for what it is? A GAME. Comparing it to a job... Well.... 

 

If I saw it as a job I'd rather go out and get a second job; there's farm more garunteed benefits from an actual second job than this game. Only chance of me not getting what I expect is if I were a ........... and not a very in demand one. :P

 

The with a second job I could be a trove Lord!!! And probably get 9.9999 million items I don't need and 1 I do! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Squirrelzzzzz said:

I see where you're coming from however am I an absolute crazy person that I see BnS for what it is? A GAME. Comparing it to a job... Well.... 

 

If I saw it as a job I'd rather go out and get a second job; there's farm more garunteed benefits from an actual second job than this game. Only chance of me not getting what I expect is if I were a ........... and not a very in demand one. :P

 

The with a second job I could be a trove Lord!!! And probably get 9.9999 million items I don't need and 1 I do! 

Whether it's a job or a game, what we often want is that the reward worth the efforts, be it cash, stronger equipment, or just pure feeling of achievement. When your job/game can provide that, you tend to enjoy them even more. When they don't, you sulk and complain, or just quit them entirely.

 

+++


Here is my rant:

 

Viper Cap event is the perfect example of something enjoyable. You can do it with your low-lv alts (I have three), and with patience, you can get all necessary stuffs if you don't have RNGesus be with you.

 

Valentine event is somewhat a good event. It didn't offer a lot, but you can steadily progress to get the Valentine HM gem.

 

Daily Pouch and Merchant events are pretty lovely, because they're extra rewards for you when you do your daily dungeon routines. Even if they just give trash loot and are RNG-based, they still give you something.

 

Tidal Wave is a horrible event. Not only it's entirely RNG-based, the reward for your efforts (which is traded via coral fragments) does not give you the same thing that your luck can (Asura Ember, I don't even mind it was bound to character). Have I mentioned that it is not newbie friendly due to the cost of upgrading the sea weapons. Someone can say "Just sell the things to whale and enjoy". Enjoy what? Enjoy the fact that your luck sucks so hard, so that you try to compensate the feeling of an unblessed loser by giving whales more chance to become winner, feeling so smart about it? You sell away Corallites cuz you don't believe in your luck, which proves that luck rules in this event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brand X   
5 hours ago, Melodia said:

You clearly have not played the game since yesterday.

You realize upgrading your seafood weapon costs money? And lots of money for most people? You can easily burn hundreds everyday just from upgrading this piece of shit. That's 99.99% of player's entire savings.

 

I agree Vipercap was still the best event.

  • Open to 99% of the playerbase since min level was only 30, people can get to 30 in 2-3 days
  • No RNG bullshittery. You spend 5min on this everyday, everyone guaranteed to get a costume at the end if they persevere. And a very pretty costume at that
  • Interesting mechanic that didn't rely on DPS race "har har I have more AP than you so I'll finish 4 seconds before you do"

Kudos for making that event but HUGE thumbs down for this event. Not only is it not open to anyone below 50 AND with a healthy AP, but it's 100% RNG with an unprecedented level of grind. You gotta spend 3-4 hours grinding every single purple dungeon in the game if you wanna stand any chance of even getting the costume. Wtf.

 

No real money.  I thought that was obvious as to what I meant :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zinevah   

I see a lot of people loving the viper cap. You'll love 2 upcoming mini events then; frigid arsenal and I forget what the other event is called with Poh however they're viper type events. 16+ in TW but will probably be lvl 36+ again here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WLraik   

I gave up on this event because it's stupid the amount of gold and frustration i'd pass through to get the blue gem.

In other hand I really like the Silverfrost chest you transmute with seeds because the seeds droprate is very high, they might stealth change it just to punish the players.

 

I really really wish I could make it with ncsoft team that thinks RNG is a good thing, making them have a chance to receive their reward(money) after 22-26 days of working. They'd NEVER put rng in this game anymore.

"Ohhh it's a game". Ok mister obvious, the "problem" is the same in real life when you work and get no rewards for it.

"Uhh ohh but don't compare irl with the game, it's a game supposed to be fun uh oh".. I'm showing a similar situation to explain my point on how stupid is the rng in this game, but you refuse to understand and spits your fallacies and derp "arguments".

When your fun moment is ruined by a CHANCE more than 10 times in a row, it becomes frustration.

 

I wonder if these people that says "game is supposed to be fun", wonder if they never got mad on a game, never got frustrated.. I think they could play that game 24/7 smiling and super happy, not even a single "oh shit". Give me a break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The point your missing is its a event that does not mean everyone will get what they want you have to work for it if it was expected for everyone to get it they would give it to you directly 

There is 2 sides of the coin for the ember complaint the one your missing is if It was easy to obtain and everyone got it the price would plummet to pretty much nothing and then the people that farm it would have a fit since it does not drop often at all 

The other thing I notice is it seems that the same people that are complaining about not having ap are the same ones that don't like the event what makes me laugh cause the event promotes running dungeons that would make people gold and in return they would be able to upgrade 

But it seems people would rather complain then work for something 

And no I have not gotten what I wanted yet the furthest I've gotten is a level 4 but I'm sure my hard work will paY off before the end of the event and I'll get my ember if not oh well ill just farm one 😀

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nattia   
On 21.07.2016 at 8:01 PM, Brand X said:

You don't pay anything into it.  You do a quest.  You get a reward.  You hope range is on your side.  No money is put in by you at all.  That is not gambling.

you put in the ingame currency which has its own "retail" value (ctrl c, n coins). this is another form of gambling only more subtle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WLraik   
1 hour ago, WhiteTrash said:

The point your missing is its a event that does not mean everyone will get what they want you have to work for it if it was expected for everyone to get it they would give it to you directly 

There is 2 sides of the coin for the ember complaint the one your missing is if It was easy to obtain and everyone got it the price would plummet to pretty much nothing and then the people that farm it would have a fit since it does not drop often at all 

The other thing I notice is it seems that the same people that are complaining about not having ap are the same ones that don't like the event what makes me laugh cause the event promotes running dungeons that would make people gold and in return they would be able to upgrade 

But it seems people would rather complain then work for something 

And no I have not gotten what I wanted yet the furthest I've gotten is a level 4 but I'm sure my hard work will paY off before the end of the event and I'll get my ember if not oh well ill just farm one 😀

 

What you are missing is that we can work A LOT and get nothing. This is the true problem with this RNG system.

If we had to work a lot but knowing we'd be rewarded at the end, FINE, i'm ok with it.

 

People are not "complaining instead of working"... People are complaining about working and getting nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Melodia   

Tbh this event would've been 10x better if it was designed like this:

 

  • Guaranteed 1 coral for all purple dungeons, no need to change this. Boss drops 1 more coral that people can bid for
  • No failure rate for upgrading weapon. Each time you move up a level, cost of coral doubles. Stage 2 cost is 1. I.e., 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128. This means that if you want the ember, you have to grind dungeons for approximately 20ish days nonstop, doing every single one, which is a fair price if you ask me.  It'll take roughly a week to get swimsuit if you grind nonstop
  • Cost of upgrade can stay the same since there's no failure rate

Everyone gets something if they work for it. No RNG bullshit that punishes unlucky players. You work, you get your loot, simple as that. Everyone happy, even the wallet warriors, since they can just dish out their $100USD to get ember directly.

Edited by Melodia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, WLraik said:

What you are missing is that we can work A LOT and get nothing. This is the true problem with this RNG system.

If we had to work a lot but knowing we'd be rewarded at the end, FINE, i'm ok with it.

 

People are not "complaining instead of working"... People are complaining about working and getting nothing.

See that's the issue you won't get nothing there are other things from the event you get not get what you want that's a different story 

It's is totally 100% the players choice to continue upgrading and getting nothing there are plenty of other times you can stop and get something from the  event and not continue pressing your luck 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Melodia said:

Tbh this event would've been 10x better if it was designed like this:

 

  • Guaranteed 1 coral for all purple dungeons, no need to change this. Boss drops 1 more coral that people can bid for
  • No failure rate for upgrading weapon. Each time you move up a level, cost of coral doubles. Stage 2 cost is 1. I.e., 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128. This means that if you want the ember, you have to grind dungeons for approximately 20ish days nonstop, doing every single one, which is a fair price if you ask me.  It'll take roughly a week to get swimsuit if you grind nonstop
  • Cost of upgrade can stay the same since there's no failure rate

Everyone gets something if they work for it. No RNG bullshit that punishes unlucky players. You work, you get your loot, simple as that. Everyone happy, even the wallet warriors, since they can just dish out their $100USD to get ember directly.

I couldn't agree more Melodia.  I 100% concur with this statement; you put in the time of grinding all those purples, you get the loot that you desire.  Simple, and no RNG bullshit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now