Tidal Treasures [Your Feedback]

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Skyhaven said:

Skin u will need for later when u upgrade ur weapon. once u get to legendary then u will see :D. Just use the weapon box to reskin ur weapon be4 it gets to legendary or else it will cost u 1.5 gold to reskin :S . the best one is the BM sword or the Destro axe both look so troll. One is a sword in the shape of a pike while the other is a fish on a stick lmao

All skins are hilarious. I'm so happy we got this, because I don't like most of the bangles.

This is a fun event for me. I got the shop swimsuit and with it came 50 coral jubby jobbers and of that I got stage 7 for the sapphire, and two stage 5's for the nebulas and 38 rubbish/crushed ones....I did do a few dungs and collected like 4 more corals I think.

I also used one weapon for my skin on my staff, lol. Wasn't able to resist the octopus with the umbrella 

At first I thought, ey, go for the gem first then go for the outfit. I got to stage 6 and failed to get to 7 so the next time I got to 6 I got the outfit. At least I got something lol - going to keep trying for the gem though, i've had no luck really apart from one from the special merchant - the others have not happened at all :/ just gimme a chance to grind for gems fairly without all this rng bs pleaseeee.

Another event for cap lvl players...

I don't mind the challenge, but when two of my friends aren't cap, the idea that they're again locked out is annoying.

Also, even at cap, I don't really have 5 hours a day to farm items for this event. Oh why can't I buy them? it defeats the purpose of having an event.

48 minutes ago, Arken said:

Another event for cap lvl players...

I don't mind the challenge, but when two of my friends aren't cap, the idea that they're again locked out is annoying.

Also, even at cap, I don't really have 5 hours a day to farm items for this event. Oh why can't I buy them? it defeats the purpose of having an event.

You realize if you follow the story quest chains a casual player can be 50 in like a week to week and a half right ? Especially if they work together it's not hard for your friends to get 50 

Sorta had good/bad luck with it. I've been able to get to stage 5 every attempt, but every attempt to go past 5 ends in failure. Sad thing is, didn't think to buy up everything that was stage 5 or less at the time I burned through 70 Coralite.

On 21/07/2016 at 4:51 PM, WhiteTrash said:

You realize if you follow the story quest chains a casual player can be 50 in like a week to week and a half right ? Especially if they work together it's not hard for your friends to get 50 

I do know that, but that's not really the problem thou.

Maybe they just don't want to be cap lvl, or don't have time, or feel more like a burden than actualy fun to lvl... the problem is that they can't participate if they don't get to cap.

Not to mention a fresh 50lvl wont be doing Heaven's Mandate that easily.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this event fails so hard its almost funny.

I mean correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the whole point behind events for the community to have fun and enjoy event? Its bad enough the event can only really be taken advantage of by level 45+ players which basically is giving the middle finger to lower level players for no good reason.

Of course out of the people who can do it you see many are spending tons of gold, silver and ncions on event weapons that have an upgrade system which has a failure rate so high that people should expect to fail when upgrading rather then succeed.

How is this fun? I mean I guess if your a masochist and hate yourself then the whole thing would be amazing. But most people aren't like that and most I've talked with in game are less then pleased with the event.

At this rate the people who do come out of this event with rewards aren't necessarily going to have those goodies because they where super into the event but more because they were super lucky.

NCWest seems to really have it out for its player community for some reason. I mean seriously we show are support by playing and paying (if you feel like it) and what do we get? A sad low grade premium thats a rip-off when compared to most other region premiums and events like the current one that are more of a hassle then a pleasure to partake in.

Its Sad really, its antics like this by Devs that ultimately end up destroying perfectly good games.

This event is meant to function as a gold sink while at the same time offering pretty nice rewards. Obviously, to get to Stage 8 it would require really good RNG, and most people probably won't get there either because they simply give up, too poor, or bad RNG throughout the entire event.

The main complaint I see is from people expecting to get to Stage 8 the moment the event comes out, like really? Of course, there are those that spent a great deal of Ncoins/in-game gold to quickly acquire Corallites to upgrade their Oceanic Weapons, and maybe they spent more than 200 Corallites without hitting Stage 6 at least, so they probably have some right to complain, but again, one could see that this event is a gold sink and is strictly based on RNG.

Personally, I spent 150+ Corallites and got to Stage 6 and another to Stage 7, now that's probably really lucky compared to some people, but again, this event is all RNG, and I think most people will get to Stage 7 before they get 500 Coral Fragments, but that might be wishful thinking.

As an event design, I don't like it. Your investments don't correlate very well with the rewards. Someone could spend 7 Corallites and get to Stage 8 and others will spend 500+ Corallites and not even get to Stage 6. It would be interesting to look at the gold investment vs. Stage level to see the RNG and how much gold has exited from the game.

The good thing, as others have mentioned, is the ability to sell Corallites to make some money and the ability to sell some of the rewards (assuming you can get them). So, the only reliable way to reward effort in this event would be to sell Corallites (unless the prices drop really hard).

On 7/21/2016 at 11:38 PM, Abysmal said:

So after much testing, the failure rate is about 50%. This means that on average, you will need (1/0.5^7) 127 corals to get to stage 8.

Since I don't have enough data, I can't provide you guys with a range or confidence interval.

But in the worst case scenario, if you spend 256 corals, you should have at least 95% chance of getting a stage 8.

i spen around 150+ coralites to get 6 stage 5 weapons. I traded one for my shades and all 5 failed when transmuting to stage 6.  at the end i got my swin suit with 150 fragmets. so much fun! (BS*&^#&%^%!#($^$%#%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Waste of gold, It wouldn't be as bad if the cost didn't rise with every upgrade. When you get to 5 and up we are talking gold not just silver to upgrade and if it fails you get nothing but fragments and everything cost a butt load of fragments.

I did it long enough to either try for the nebula stone via upgrade or fragments.. after that.. I haven't touched it.

Used 51 Corralites , not even 1 made to stage 5 and the good stuff is at stage 6 , 7 & 8 , it even break multiple times at stage 1 wtf

and they called it an event...

It's not an event if majority of player base is lose more than gain

It's a gold sink disguised as an event

so My feedback is :

1/10 , 1 point for weapon skin, idk what's your goal with this event, NCSOFT, if your goal is to bring fun & kept player base & make it growing, it fail miserably

Don't do it again

I am quite disappointed in this event. even with the fragment ways of getting the gem it is super long/expensive for a single gem that a lot of others already have the transmuted one of =/

It seems more of a major gold sink which isnt really needed for those that could actually use the gem/asura ember lol

Archived