Tidal Treasures [Your Feedback]

Alright peeps,

So now that we got this new event.. what's your feedback?

Me doing this event:

"The rewards are freakin amazing! Especially Asura's Ember and the outfit omg let's try to upgrade my lobster weapon and get my hands on one of those."

*Fails at stage 2*

"Ok let's try again."

*Fails at stage 1*

*Fails at stage 2*

"Ok maybe I should try to get at least stage 6"

*Spends 80g on Corallites and fails to get stage 6*

"Nope.. I'm not gonna fall for this. I'm done. I'll just collect the fragments from daily failures :3"

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spent majority of my gold to buy the bundle. Highest I got was stage 5 once and 2 times for stage 4. The rest failed at stages 1 mostly. Extremely costly to repetitively buy the stinking weapon over and over again as well for fees. I rather have an event like the previous. Guess I'll have an extremely long break after I get the outfit. Only wanted the outfit anyways. Not even gonna care about the gem. It's way too much work for it. Eff this ****.

this event is good only to get gold. you can gain daily 10 corallites/char by doing one time dailys +havensmandate and cold strage just one time both. you sell them for 7-8g each=70-80g.
fortunately, there r many ppl who buy them from broker. I am in that fortunate situation that I do not need anything from that event, since I am a lyn, even the skin looks bad so. I can sell evyrthing. it is very good profit. and if you have more chras, more gold *.* (though i have just only 1 normal geared character)

1 hour ago, Skyhaven said:

Dont even bother upgrading. Failure rate is at least 60% from lvl 3 onwards with increasing increments of at least 5%. 50 corealites from the bundle didnt even get one past stage 5 which are the more worth items. Puts the items costing 5 feathers as a bait. stage 8 is impossible to achieve which is the ember. if u get to stage 7 jst bow out and get the gem instead of the skin. at least the gem is tradeable to other of ur characters. ember is pointless for most classes cause u still have to get 120 frozen orbs to get the elixir selling on market is pointless either cause the amount of coralite u need to get to stage 8 already costs more than the ember worth. the moment u get a stage 2 failure u already know thats it not worth it. I would ask for refund from ncsoft for the bundle but knowing how it is they not gonna give ur coins back. u wuld expect 50 corealites to at least get 1 stage 8. NO. 30 silver for a weapon. at least u can skin ur weapon. thats the onli thing thats worth. u will spend at least 15-20 gold buying the chests and barely get 1 past stage 5 if ur lucky. They shuld post the video of a GM doing the RNG and show us how he can even get 1 to stage 8. I am sure he will not even get 1 to stage 8. market price of corealite 5gold +weapon= 5.3 gold then calcaulte the upgrade cost. YES IT HAS A UPGRADE COST. STAGE 4=1+GOLD 5 EVEN MORE. AT LEAST 7GOLD to get to stage 4 if ur lucky and u can onli get the RNG box. if u get a stage higher and want to buy the lower lvl items u cant ~.~ . I have been playing this game for ages but this event utterly wasted my time. jst Market all ur corealite now be4 market crashes. then again once ppl realise the rng is so shit no1 will buy the corealite. right now jst spend the 30 silver to get the ocean weapon for the skin. some look betta on different classes. NCSOFT PLEASE POST A CHART OF THE RNG % PROVE THAT ITS WORTH IT. AT LEAST MAKE IT 100% IMPOSSIBLE TO FAIL AT STAGE1-4. jesus,

Yeah...exactly what im thinking right about now after wasting my small(not really) fortune of 400g-450g...its not worth it...got to stage 5, 3 times thinking maybe ill get atleast 1 stage 6...nope. all i want is the damn outfit, extremely stupid NCSoft , who tf comes up with these events im hearing many others say its a gold sink...exactly what it is...ofc i want the other stuff....but i put cosmetics 100% before everything else sometimes...and this stupid event has ruined mei think i have 10-20g now, GG NCSOFT, i heard in other regions that had this same event and it was stage 5 you got the outfit, not stage 6 where your success rate goes from 50%-55% to like 10%...absoutely ridiculous...everything else under stage 6 is trash...maybe the oceanic nebula stone...thats it. I did indeed think about getting that summer party outfit....but my main is a nice and thick f.gon which i love....and that lazily designed/glitched/what ever the hell the problem is, outfit shrinks my gons legs and makes them look like pencil's...its not a pretty sight...i dont want it...not even for the coralite (cant buy it anyway now :D)

59 minutes ago, MasterBlaster said:

Used like over 10 of them and the most i got up to was stage 4. failed a lot in stage 1 and 2. But its free so i ain't complaining lol. Although i really want that swimsuit and asura ember.

Yeah, Asura ember...good luck, best you'll get from this RNG rigged event is stage 6 once out of 30 attempts in a row if your lucky

I feel like the rates are:

Stage1=70% success (what kind of game dev thinks failing at stage 1 is necessary)

Stage2=65% success 

Stage3=60% success 

Stage4=50% success 

Stage5=45% success 

Stage6 and above = 25%-1%

You want the actual gems or embers?...might aswell buy them from the market for their current price cause spending gold to get them with this event is like buying 1 frozen stinger for 302g....you're going to wind up heavily overpaying

I understand its not supposed to be easy, but wtf is this shet event, who thought this would be "fair" -_-

9 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Less than 50 Corals to get that sapphire. I guess I got super lucky.

Yeah ill never get that lucky in a game like this...by the time it finally does happen this event will have came and gone about 5 or 6 times...

4 minutes ago, Hydralisk said:

Yeah ill never get that lucky in a game like this...by the time it finally does happen this event will have came and gone about 5 or 6 times...

That's what I usually think. I rarely have luck so this time I was so happy that I got at least something! :3

I have used over 60 Coralites today (I got the new outfit from the cash-shop which came with 50). The highest I got was Stage 5.. twice. I bought the glasses the first time I got to stage 5. I tried for stage 6 and failed. I noticed I always seemed to fail on 2 or 3. I think I only got a 4 once (other than the 2 times I upgraded to 5).

It's disappointing... this event so far. Hopefully I can get enough crushed coralite to get the outfit. I'm already around 56. I was hoping to use Crushed Coralite on Mysterious Crystals and peridots.. but nope. I'll never get a stage 6/7 weapon; no chance. I will continue to upgrade with Coralite daily which I get from the daily quests... but I think time is better spent on the Moonwater and Silverfrost seed boxes along with Offal farming.

Bought the new HM store outfit "Summer Grove" and got to lvl 6 twice with the 50 free Coralite. I got the outfit on my first lvl 6 and failed the second time to get to lvl 7 and try to get a gem, but at least I got the outfit. Best deal ever imo as I got 3 outfits buying 1, the HM Store outfit on my Yun main, the limited time freebie Lyn variant of  "Summer Groove" on my summoner, and the event outfit on my Gon, couldn't be happier tbh for 2k ncoin to get 3 swimsuits out of it...

Appearance_Gon_Female_160720_000.jpg

It would have been fine if they kept the RNG/leveling aspect, but toned down the upgrade costs. What they should have done was open an event exclusive dungeon (like Vipercap) in which you only need to be lvl 30ish and know the mechanics. You get one entry (or more if you buy resets) and clearing the dungeon gives you chests containing coralites and small chances for nicer things.

Right now as it is, you can easily burn hours on dungeons for just a handful of coralites. This is madness if you plan to do this on alts.

I tried it for funnzies, and got to stage 3. I think I will keep breaking till I get 30 fragments for nebula stone, then sell the rest. Or maybe just sell them, because getting fragments is rather pricey. I was unaware that you could, as it said non-tradable? So, you can just list it on the market?

5 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I tried it for funnzies, and got to stage 3. I think I will keep breaking till I get 30 fragments for nebula stone, then sell the rest. Or maybe just sell them, because getting fragments is rather pricey. I was unaware that you could, as it said non-tradable? So, you can just list it on the market?

The Standard Coralite is nontradeable. The other kind is tradeable.

1 hour ago, Hydralisk said:

Yeah...exactly what im thinking right about now after wasting my small(not really) fortune of 400g-450g...its not worth it...got to stage 5, 3 times thinking maybe ill get atleast 1 stage 6...nope. all i want is the damn outfit, extremely stupid NCSoft , who tf comes up with these events im hearing many others say its a gold sink...exactly what it is...ofc i want the other stuff....but i put cosmetics 100% before everything else sometimes...and this stupid event has ruined mei think i have 10-20g now, GG NCSOFT, i heard in other regions that had this same event and it was stage 5 you got the outfit, not stage 6 where your success rate goes from 50%-55% to like 10%...absoutely ridiculous...everything else under stage 6 is trash...maybe the oceanic nebula stone...thats it. I did indeed think about getting that summer party outfit....but my main is a nice and thick f.gon which i love....and that lazily designed/glitched/what ever the hell the problem is, outfit shrinks my gons legs and makes them look like pencil's...its not a pretty sight...i dont want it...not even for the coralite (cant buy it anyway now :D)

Yeah, Asura ember...good luck, best you'll get from this RNG rigged event is stage 6 once out of 30 attempts in a row if your lucky

I feel like the rates are:

Stage1=70% success (what kind of game dev thinks failing at stage 1 is necessary)

Stage2=65% success 

Stage3=60% success 

Stage4=50% success 

Stage5=45% success 

Stage6 and above = 25%-1%

You want the actual gems or embers?...might aswell buy them from the market for their current price cause spending gold to get them with this event is like buying 1 frozen stinger for 302g....you're going to wind up heavily overpaying

I understand its not supposed to be easy, but wtf is this shet event, who thought this would be "fair" -_-

Our only hope is the save up enough broken pieces for the swimsuit which should take 2-3 weeks depending on how lucky you are. Or even later today if you're lucky lol.

11 hours ago, ELChorizoGrande said:

Bought the new HM store outfit "Summer Grove" and got to lvl 6 twice with the 50 free Coralite. I got the outfit on my first lvl 6 and failed the second time to get to lvl 7 and try to get a gem, but at least I got the outfit. Best deal ever imo as I got 3 outfits buying 1, the HM Store outfit on my Yun main, the limited time freebie Lyn variant of  "Summer Groove" on my summoner, and the event outfit on my Gon, couldn't be happier tbh for 2k ncoin to get 3 swimsuits out of it...

Your point is based solely on the fact that you got REALLY lucky. I'd be happy as all *cricket* too if I were you but I burned 150 corals and bought my swimsuit with the dust and OMFG do I want one for my Yun, and Gon as well. Again, it's too costly for my casual ass self and it'll just stall my upgrading gear on my main since that's a *cricket*ing chore in itself as it is. Needless to say, I wasn't/am not very happy.

Grats to you though. I hate you. <3

So after much testing, the failure rate is about 50%. This means that on average, you will need (1/0.5^7) 127 corals to get to stage 8.

Since I don't have enough data, I can't provide you guys with a range or confidence interval.

But in the worst case scenario, if you spend 256 corals, you should have at least 95% chance of getting a stage 8.

Well, Only 1 weapon made it to stage 6. Other attempt mostly goes Boom at stage 4. Not really mind since I already got the HM skill from the ember. I'm just curious what's the skin use for???

Archived