How hard it is to upgrade your Oceanic weapon?

Mantelis

On 20/7/2016 at 6:38 PM, Shashank said:

haha u wont even get to stage-3 soon, i thought this event was too good to be true but success rate is very low lol god not a single event favourable to players.

3/3 fail on first stage itself so far....

Some will be unlucky, but..

After less than two full days of the patch, I had the gem.

First day, I did 8 dungeons, and got to stage 3 twice.

Second day, I did, all dungeons, except for Mast, and I got 1 stage 4 weapon, and on my 4th weapon attempt, I got my stage 7..

Next goal is to get summer time, and glasses, then I'll be trying for the Ember..

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really do not understand. Every week comes falling considerably active players of BnS, and events like this only help inactive players to stay away. Honestly, I played BnS Taiwan and Japan, and I have never seen a worse management that the NA.

2 minutes ago, TheEdge said:

I really do not understand. Every week comes falling considerably active players of BnS, and events like this only help inactive players to stay away. Honestly,

How does it make inactive players stay away?

If the success rate was higher.. how would that have made inactive players return?

I find the event is fun, don't need to farm every single dungeon every day, just play normally, and hope for some luck.. don't stress out over this..

21 minutes ago, TheQuibbler said:

If the success rate was higher.. how would that have made inactive players return?

I find the event is fun, don't need to farm every single dungeon every day, just play normally, and hope for some luck.. don't stress out over this..

Because the event requires you to grind every single purple dungeon every single day for every single character if you hope to stand any chance of getting anything good? Unless you cough up the cash that is.

This is the most grind-heavy event I've ever seen in an MMO. The success rate isn't exactly something that's remotely fair.

If the success rate wasn't so retarded, then casual players can play 1-2 hours a day and STILL be able to get the costume. How do you expect new level 50's who only play 1-2 hours a day, with AVERAGE luck, to get the costume? Yeah maybe 1 out of every 100 players will have all the luck and get a stage 6 in 2 tries, what about the other 99%?

12 minutes ago, Melodia said:

Because the event requires you to grind every single purple dungeon every single day for every single character if you hope to stand any chance of getting anything good? Unless you cough up the cash that is.

Put weight on the part, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CLEAR EVERY SINGLE DUNGEON EVERY SINGLE DAY..

And YOU DO NOT NEED TO CLEAR IT ON EVERY SINGLE CHAR..

If you want to do it on every single char, that is your choice. If you want to clear every single dungeon every day, instead of just a subset, that is your choice... 

I play the game because I like it and have fun.. This event is a bonus, for when I am playing the game.. Yes, they could have had less RNG in this game.. But stop feeling so entitled to get free shit, if the game is not fun for you, quit it..

You also, didn't answer my questions.. how does this make inactive players stay away? And how would fixing the success rate.. make people return? if you honostly believe, that whether people are gonna play this game, is tied to events.. you're just delusional.

Lol, it's like refining in a game I used to play (jade dynasty) I actually got 2 weps to stage 5 and 1 wep to stage 6 using like 25 corallite. The trick is to upgrade a few to stage 3 then upgrade them one by one, some are bound to go to stage 4 and then repeat. You can also try to upgrade weapons from stage 1 to stage 2 and when it fails 2-3 times in a ROW, try to upgrade one with a higher stage next.

Don't upgrade one hoping you get 5-6 success in a row. Also if you fail one at a higher stage u still get that same amount of fragments like stage 5 u get 4 fragments back which is the same amount of corallite used) so you CAN still get the items through fragments

8 minutes ago, TheQuibbler said:

Put weight on the part, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CLEAR EVERY SINGLE DUNGEON EVERY SINGLE DAY..

And YOU DO NOT NEED TO CLEAR IT ON EVERY SINGLE CHAR..

If you want to do it on every single char, that is your choice. If you want to clear every single dungeon every day, instead of just a subset, that is your choice... 

I play the game because I like it and have fun.. This event is a bonus, for when I am playing the game.. Yes, they could have had less RNG in this game.. But stop feeling so entitled to get free shit, if the game is not fun for you, quit it..

You also, didn't answer my questions.. how does this make inactive players stay away? And how would fixing the success rate.. make people return? if you honostly believe, that whether people are gonna play this game, is tied to events.. you're just delusional.

Are you for real?

Which one do you think will drive players to play this game again, good events or stupid grindy events? What is the BnS front page advertising right now other than new events? What is the number one thing that gets people to play F2P MMO's? What do every single ad on social media advertise?

If an inactive player hears from other people that this event is as good as vipercap which doesn't require you to donate an arm and leg if you want something, why won't there be a higher chance they'll return? Do you think they'll return if they hear from others this event is bad?

18 minutes ago, Melodia said:

This is the most grind-heavy event I've ever seen in an MMO. The success rate isn't exactly something that's remotely fair.

If the success rate wasn't so retarded, then casual players can play 1-2 hours a day and STILL be able to get the costume. How do you expect new level 50's who only play 1-2 hours a day, with AVERAGE luck, to get the costume? Yeah maybe 1 out of every 100 players will have all the luck and get a stage 6 in 2 tries, what about the other 99%?

150 fragments should be obtainable for average players throughout the event if they really wanted to get the costume.  That is about 4-5 dungeons a day.  The gem on the other hand is completely ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, Melodia said:

Are you for real?

Are you?

Lets assume, that it was 100% success rate.. 

Do you honostly think.. that people are gonna return to a game they quit... because they can get ... 2 AP gems, an outfit, a pair of sunglasses and an ember?

As I said, you are delusional.. This is a bonus for people that already play the game, but its sure as hell, is not gonna be what drags people back into the game.. nothing has changed about the gameplay..

Fail event - i don't see any benefit in gambling and failing forever .more productive is to go back at doing dungeons. Too much rng and too much gold spent for some thing that can fail over and over again ,with those moneys waste here's my normal upgrade without the costly nebula stone .Being hopeful we get a decent event-this is pure scam imho.

1 hour ago, Windy said:

Fail event - i don't see any benefit in gambling and failing forever .more productive is to go back at doing dungeons. Too much rng and too much gold spent for some thing that can fail over and over again ,with those moneys waste here's my normal upgrade without the costly nebula stone .Being hopeful we get a decent event-this is pure scam imho.

how are you spending gold on this? its 30s per chest, you allrdy said your doing dungeons so its free. you can even sell 1 or 2 corals to make any money back.

hell I know some people that are just farming the corals just to sell. that's a win win

44 minutes ago, Natose said:

how are you spending gold on this? its 30s per chest, you allrdy said your doing dungeons so its free. you can even sell 1 or 2 corals to make any money back.

hell I know some people that are just farming the corals just to sell. that's a win win

Prices scale during the evolution steps. Stage 5 to Stage 6 evolve attempt costs like 3.5 gold even if you fail at the discounted rate.

There are two types of coralite: 

Standard coralite and coralite.

One probably has a better chance of evolving the weapon.

12 minutes ago, sedition said:

There are two types of coralite: 

Standard coralite and coralite.

One probably has a better chance of evolving the weapon.

I am guessing, that you are mean that the coralite from silverfrost purples is the one with er better chance?

The standard Coralite is from moonwater purples and store.

3 hours ago, TheQuibbler said:

Are you?

Lets assume, that it was 100% success rate.. 

Do you honostly think.. that people are gonna return to a game they quit... because they can get ... 2 AP gems, an outfit, a pair of sunglasses and an ember?

As I said, you are delusional.. This is a bonus for people that already play the game, but its sure as hell, is not gonna be what drags people back into the game.. nothing has changed about the gameplay..

/facepalm

When the hell did I say "get people who already uninstalled the game to play it again"? Weren't you the one who said inactive players?

Tell me, what's the best method at getting inactive players to play, a super grindy event, or a casual, non-pay2win, and FUN event where you can win awesome stuff? Did you pass marketing 101?

If you're so intent on thinking that successful events will fail at getting inactive players to play this game, then wtf do you think will get people to play? New pay2win schemes? Yes I'm sure inactive players are totally going to play the game again when they hear you can buy legendaries in the shop for only $100 USD.

Lmao, I'm delusional for thinking that GOOD events will benefit the player base? I think I should just drop this conversation because you clearly follow some otherworldly logic.

This just reminds me of the grindy days of RO. All those broken things going +10

Guess I'll have to do it RO style for this event as well. At the end, I wonder if I'll make it to +8. Already got a +7 and a +3. Here's my fingers crossed.

42 minutes ago, Melodia said:

Tell me, what's the best method at getting inactive players to play, a super grindy event, or a casual, non-pay2win, and FUN event where you can win awesome stuff? 

if an inactive player hears from other people that this event is as good as vipercap which doesn't require you to donate an arm and leg if you want something,

Seriously.. how can you possibly claim that an event like vipercap would bring back players, and is more fun than the current one?

Vipercap, is one dungeon.. thats 10min.. so what then? Now you need to do something else.. but what? 

Ohh right, all the purples.. If they don't wanna do that, why would an event like vipercap bring them back?

Now, just do your *cricket*ing purples, collect the corallite which is added to them.. Sell it if you don't wanna try to get a gem, but stop whining over everything.. There is been whining over every single event.

The game isn't about events... So why not just play and have fun, and be happy that you get these events in the first place..

4 hours ago, TheQuibbler said:

So if the event was only buying items at Hongmoon Store, bring the inactive players back? That's not the point. It is not about increasing the chance of success or not, but something more fair. If you or someone thinks fun to spend 6-9 hours all day and not be rewarded with that, then you live in another world, perhaps in Neverland ...

Luck seems to vary. My friend was messaging me when I was out, and he told me the swimsuit would be fairly easy to get as he got 3 seperate weapons to stage 6 with the 50 coralite he bought. I got excited and bought the pack of 50 coralite, and my unlucky ass ended up not getting the swimsuit. It took me 18 more coralite to to finally get the stage 6 weapon. My other friend got to stage 6 razor just with the coralite he had collected from a day's worth of daily dungeons. So really, it seems to vary. 

I got a 6 today! Didn't wanna cry my heart out getting it to 7 for the gem so I just traded it for a swimsuit. :x Most of my weapons don't pass stage 2. The first stage 4 I saw ended up being the stage 6 I just traded in for swimsuit. phew. 

bns is a fail just like these high fail rates on these weapons. 

i love this game and ncsoft is now making me hate it with every single patch they release

is it time for me to burn it down and delete it? like many before me alrdy quit?

cuz its sure feels like it, ncsoft is only driving me away from it with all this rng crap

Archived