How hard it is to upgrade your Oceanic weapon?

Mantelis

14 minutes ago, Emma Frost said:

Triggered

r

i

g

g

e

r

e

d

Seriously though, can you actually read my replies next time instead of repeating the same complaints in your posts? Thanks amigo 

don't call me friend  when you making fun of me your not my friend call someone u know "amigo" ill let mods deal with you i will just add you to my blocked jerks and move on this is my final reply to you, thinking your above everyone here will do you no good. i alrdy said all i hear from you is memememe

you don't really care about any of this or any of anyone around here in this community this kind of attitude should be outside on the streets 

you will not make personal attacks and threats around here, this is not your home or the streets,

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, TheQuibbler said:

No it's not a bad idea, if you don't much care to try for the gems or ember, no one is forcing you. It is a much better idea, than all those people that just go to forum to whine over not being given everything free, on day one.

Look, I do care about the gems or ember, i just realize as a free2play player with limited resources other than time these will be very hard to get, id say near impossible

No one can debate this: without serious luck/rng and/or buying corralite from market/hongmoon store, you are NOT going to get the top 3 items, aka Gem/Ember/Terikans skin or w/e its called.

I am not complaining because I know the value of the ember/gem/skin is a lot of gold; thus, they should not be "easy" to obtain. 

I am happy we get to have an outfit/nebula stone/ shades/ make profit from selling the corralite,

to go back to orginal post: ITS VERY HARD TO UPGRADE YOUR OCEANIC WEP, also there was someone that gave a tip on how to better upgrade, by geting a few wep to a certain stage and then trying to upgrade, instead of trying from lvl 0 to 8. Very helpful tip and thank you whoever shared it, but i still wont be trying to upgrade because my luck is shitty and id rather make cold hard cash.

• NCSOFT

Greetings,

This kind of topic are always appreciated, we are collecting feedbacks for the Dev team and higher management but please don't attack personally each others this is against our Code of Conduct, or we will have to close this topic and take appropriate measure against offenders.

Team Blade & Soul.

On 20/07/2016 at 5:21 PM, Eckogen said:

It's probably bases on a incremental system of percentage to fail as you go higher in the stages. 

Nope ive had about 12 weapons fail at stage 1 itself, many of my guildies also said they failed their weapons at stage 1, 3-4 times in a row and just gave up ... already have atleast 2 guildies who just gave up on the event because they got so pissed off lol

The success rate is high.

Said no one ever...

IMO this event is bad, its overall bad, it draw negativity, jealousy, stress, exhaustion, etc

The problem is lies in RNG & Grind part, so there will be a...

- people with uber lucky that grind a bit, get all the stuff (gems, ember, outfit) with few tries and spend few gold

- average people that grind so much, get some stuff and spend a lot gold and if they do the math, its between little profit & loss

- unlucky people that grind so much, get nothing and loss a ton of gold, and just exchange the fragments 

A good event should reward players based on how much active they play, means daily login & do fun stuff and no RNG, a windrest dailies is a good example, its refreshing & fun doing it together (a group of 6, 1 ppl do pig , 1 ppl do fishing, the rest do farming) 

This event forced players to rush purple dungeon and demand them to play BnS hour & hours which they can't and eventually give up playing...

17vpcx.jpg

Here are my thought about the recent events:

ViperCap event was nice. You could get lucky but it wasn't too hard to get at least one nebula stone or outfit even on alts. Even if it meant running the dungeon several times a day (7 chars here) ...bit boring after the 2894726 time, but still doable,

Merchant... I didn't get a Gem because... well.. RnG, but I did grab a bunch of costumes / stingers / moonstones / soulstones. Shame the merchant only spawned in dungeons for lvl 50 people. I could totally see a merchant without gems for sale and other high level stuff spawn in lower level dungeons without hurting anyone. All in all an OK event that could be improved to include more people who might have wanted the bunny ears and what not.

Not too fun for alts, running 4-5 dungeons a day on multiple chars you might want to get the event stuff on though.

This event is really poor. If you have bad RnG, you might have to run 10+ dungeons daily and still not get what you want. And don't get me started about alts or getting the upgrade stones. And again an event that locks out new players.

Yeah the rng in this event is stupid...i was "farming' broke fragments, especially using the 15 standard coralite + 100 soulstones...and ofc im at like 140 fragments, with just enough coralite and gold to get 10 more for the outfit...and then all of a sudden one of the weapons wouldnt fail...i kept upgrading it and then BOOM...stage 6...yeah it sounds like a good thing...but i wasted all my hongmoon coins and other resources, and basically have 150 useless fragments (unless i want to get the outfit a second time, and there is no point in paying 30-50 fragments for a oceanic nebula stone because getting stage 4, atleast for me is easy)...because there is no way im saving up 500 fragments for the gem...its impossible for me at this point...yeah you might say, "well why didnt you just try upgrading to stage 7-8" well, i pretty sure it wouldve failed (i used 6 standard coralite in a row, without switching weapons - which have a higher chance at failing it seems), and i didnt have an extra 8g to get to stage 7...and was lagging bad so couldnt farm gold, also i didnt know when my connection would become more stable, and was impatient so i just went ahead and used the stage 6...the rng gods of course want to bless me with what i needed like 130 fragments ago...

So far, events cater a bit too much to the endgame community, and leave out late comers / new players too much.

Even things like the experience boost event actually incentived me _away_ from leveling my favourite alt character, as gaining HM EXP is much harder and time consuming while you pretty much level up automatically while you still play the story line.

I strongly urge the devs to design more events so that beginners can still work towards something nice, like a costume. The Vipercap event was nice in that respect, just too repetitive in itself. :P

Oh and on topic: I have 34% success rate (n = 14) so far.

1 hour ago, Shuchin said:

So far, events cater a bit too much to the endgame community, and leave out late comers / new players too much.

Even things like the experience boost event actually incentived me _away_ from leveling my favourite alt character, as gaining HM EXP is much harder and time consuming while you pretty much level up automatically while you still play the story line.

I strongly urge the devs to design more events so that beginners can still work towards something nice, like a costume. The Vipercap event was nice in that respect, just too repetitive in itself. :P

Oh and on topic: I have 34% success rate (n = 14) so far.

^This

The prices on upgrading is a bit terrible and how is a new player supposed to get into the event with the high level requirement needed to really do it and the cost of the upgrades?

I'm all for gold sinks, but in an event...just think this will drive away people more than keep them.

So fare I have gone threw 450 corallite. My attempts to upgrade I have been able to reach stage 7, 8 times but failed every time trying for stage 8, and I have lost 400 gold from this event :( having tried different patters, so fare nothing is working. from what i have gone threw i can only say I have had some horrible rng. 

I hear ya on terrible rng.  I have always had bad rng in this game.  Never seen a gem from a merchant even though I farmed each of the merchant dungeons 3-4 times each per day.  Never got a gem from any treasure box, even box, or pouch.  I can't seem to get over 1 gold from the daily boxes.  But this event, just hammers in how bad my rng is...

So far 27 failed attempts at getting past the stage 1.   21 failures getting to stage 2.  17 failures getting to stage 3.  Finally 2 failures getting to stage 4.   It doesn't matter the method I use.  I tried just upgrading 1 weapon at a time.  I have tried upgrading 4 weapons at a time.  I can't seem to get to stage 4. 

I really wanted the outfit and the gem.  The gem I want especially because I have never been able to get a gem from any event ( except the 60 tickets from the pouches ).   At this rate, I will never get enough for anything. 

I am so sick of rng based events. Some people get everything an event has to offer.  And then many of us get nothing.  Even though we put the same amount of time and work into running the dungeons to obtain the event items ( corals, pouches, boxes, seeds, to see the merchant.... )   It is getting to be a slap in the face.  I can put hours into farming something and get nothing.  While a person can spend a few minutes and get the best rng and items.  It is getting to be, like- what is the point in even doing any of these events.  My account and my characters seem to be cursed.  Yet I have guild mates who have gotten 1000 gold  like 6+ times from daily rewards boxes.  Some that brag that they are always getting 100 gold from them.  I have seen their gems from opening pouches.  Their transmutes never fail....  and on and on.  

What deity did those of you with good Rng, sell your souls to?  That is what I want to know.   LOL

As someone who has played this game a lot, I will tell you: DO NOT BUY SWIMSUIT PACKS JUST FOR CORALLITE (I know a few who did then regretted it big time).

In fact, save your money.   At most get the 150 pieces if you want the outfit that bad, forget the rest.   This is a gold and cash sink.   The event gem ...ok +4ap big deal, but also hp recovery when enemy blocks/evades?  Good for WvW, open world pvp... not even good  "barely decent" because of the small hp return and small ap increase.   You're better off farming Asura Ember or waiting for prices to drop.  There is literally no reason to sink time and money into this event, other than to fuel the fire that NCSoft is creating.

This event is kind of irritating because it's completely out of the player's hand whether the fish upgrades successfully.

A brute force campaign of dumping money and time into the resources or just absolute luck shouldn't be the only factors that get the stage 8 items. 

There should be some incentive to attempting to upgrade and failing consistently.

suggested options for a fix:

1. Allow for corallite transmutation - Fuse resources (corallite, fragments, soulstones) to form better corallite with a higher chance of success

2. Allow higher stage fish weapons (1-4 or 1-6) to be purchased in the dragon store with corallite fragments  

This really isnt the best event NC rolled out, possibly the worst like the Spring Box. (not really an event, just spending ncoin or HM coin for a RNG Box)

I was lucky of getting to lv6 the first day and grabbed the outfit. I told myself that was all im gana go for. I will use the corallites i get everyday, but have no plan to buy extras ones in HM Store.

However, I am getting tired of the RNGness of all the events tho... I can digest all the RNG aspects of the game, but the events are getting harder and harder to swallow like bitter pills.

Archived