518 ap Soulfighter dps rotation

CastielSeven

I am struggling in dps rotation on my soulfighter.  I have  518 ap (my main is a forcemaster by the way). at 518 ap I did waay more damage as an fm, though i could burst down mobs easier as a sf due to  whirlwind and ripple punch on 8 mobs +, but the 10k + crit damage i mostly see on my fm, i just dont see this damage with the sf.

What I need to know is:

What is the dps rotation to do maximum damage on bosses?

can you explain how ani cancel works? I heard about this, but still not sure.

my dps rotation is  R+ L + F  Focus chi (when available)  for a frost storm,  switch stance, whirlwind  + ripple punch for 9k 8k 8k 8k 8k switch stance and repeat,  but something feels missing.  Im not doing as much damage as I am supposed to do with 518 ap.  This is also present during my struggle in mushins tower vs mushin fury.  It takes too long to burst him down and i shouldnt be sruggling here with 518, where on my forcemaster i get him down fairly quicly.

can someone post a dps rotation that works for them? 

im talking something simple like

Ability x plus ability B plus ability c combo

I know im missing something in my rotation, I just dont know what it is yet. Still a noob in this game.  Thanks in advance

here is a video I saw on some rotation. But  I still cant help but notice my own lack of damage.

I use this rotation to and that works fine for me. 
I´m Earth skilled

LB -RB- F to build my CHI up - Frost Storm -  Dragon Fist /  Lightning Fist to give me extra fokus  - somtimes i use Fokus Chi at the start or after my first 5 Stack Chi.

I switch every 45sec. to force stance and use this rotation : 
Whirlwind -> Ripple Punch spam (if im out of  Fokus i will use Displace and Frost Nova) after whirlwind ends i will use Displace/Frost Nova(if i didnt use it) for extra DMG and switch back to martial stance and repeat.

Soulburn Combo :  R + Iron Shoulder - Frost Storm + Dragon Fist. After 2 sec. Reapeat to use it often last Dragon Fist full lenght

(i think you can use that way 3-4 times Frost Storm)

Ani cancel : you have to click LB -RB  very fast  its fell like you click the skills at the same time - train it at a dummy :) 
And Ani cancel is important for the Earth build.

You can see at 2:00 in your video a explain :) 

And to bear in mind, the FM is a better DD. You cant match the SF dmg with the high dmg of a FM
But with the correct gameplay  is the SF a fcking nice class <3 

I find the Ice combo easier to pull off, especially on moving targets, but need to try and stay at its back.  I've specc'd RB to T4F4 for the AE + Frostbite (AE also knocks mobs out of stealth)

Hold RMB - Iron Shoulder when it goes off - 2 (Fist) + F (Kick) every time it's up to rebuild Focus. Builds Chi very fast. V (Frost Storm) + Hold F (Dragon Fist) every time it's up. (after every 5th shoulder)

I use Tundra in Force stance with 4x snowball  (LB > RB 4 times) to reset it 2 times.. Mainly used for healing when I need it, or trash packs.

This is basically the first build in the video above. Don't really need to ani-cancel so better if your Ping is hit and miss.

So frist of all I play with the Earth build (meaning Whilwind, Ripple Punch, Cobalt Punch and Kingfist instead of Froststorm link here: https://bnstree.com/SF?build=5009000000510204117033030210503127011060530802118032190230902320021120311403113021110512104325011 I would be using HM RB but unfortunately I dont have the gold to buy Asuras Ember yet) as I am used to ani canceling from my KFM and Frost build bores me in all honesty. I am not entire sure if its the best way of playing but so far I have been DPS'ing like this and I have been outaggro'ing pretty much every class to far that wasnt specced for tanking and had about the same AP as me:

I start the fight in KF stance and get Iron Shoulder on CD and then SS to get into FM stance and use Whirlwind Ripple Punch Spam and my 3 for focus. When my Chi or Stacks are about to run out I use my 2 and 2 or 3 more Ripple Punches and then Change back to KF stance as by that time ur Iron Shoulder is back off CD. That means you got 4 very fast stacks from the start of the fight. For the 5th stack you obviously try getting it fast with either an Ellbow Smash or a q/e - f hit but if that doesnt work you just have to wait for Iron Shoulder to come off CD. Then double Kingfist, f spam and then I usually use my Z into another Kingfist Combo.

Generally you wanna be in KF stance for almost all the fight with this build and only be in FM stance when either Whilwind or Displace are up and not for long either as those are mainly used for fast Chi generation.

On another note I ani cancel like this: RB-LB till (Iron shoulder procs) - F - RB - LB - F. Now from what I have seen most ppl ani cancel LB -RB -F which I think isnt the smartest move as F (Breaking Claw) hits harder than RB and with HM LB you have a guaranteed crit after every LB crit meaning that hit has pretty much double ur normal crit chance.

As most of us dont have elemental upgrades yet its not really important to match the elements together yet I do think that Burning Tundra/Snowball is way worse than Whirlwind/Ripple Punch for the Earth build. Reason for this is that Burning Tundra requires you to stay in FM stance for a while to make use out of all 3 casts and that is a loss of at least half a Iron Shoulder CD. And as we Earth SFs are kinda slow in Chi generation I feel like this is a huge loss. On the other hand Frost Sf (Right Punch) can definately play with Whirlwind/Ripple Punch if you prefer that over Burning Tundra/Snowball.

And lastly I want to adress Kingfist. I would recommend running Stage 1 Kingfist for every build (apart from PvP) if you have a decent amount of crit. The second hit on crit is such a massive burst of damage that Froststorm just cant compete with (I am talking about 30-35k on roughtly 600ap and that is only the second cast). And again we dont have to match our elements just yet so there is no reason for Frost SFs to run with Froststorm just yet. In addition you dont have to be 100% sure that your target will stay in the Froststorm circle for the entire duration so you dont have to hold back on using ur V.

I hope this helped a little bit :)

Heya,

sorry dude but kingfist isnt that strong as you state. i got 630ap with 212% crit dmg and 2nd fist is roughly 21k crit selfbuffed. Sue if enemy moves outta froststorm thats bad but if you aint hitting kingfrist from behind/boss turn last sec it sucks too

With Ice RB HM skill ur laughing when it comes to getting chi stacks (unless you are tanking which seems to be so fkn comon unless i got a proper tank from guild in party).

The Earth Stance for SF's KFM mode is honestly only usefull for pvp, you cannot compare the amount of dmg u can do with ICE to EARTH, especialy considering the new skill patch in korea where u only need 3 chi lvl for our V.

Ever since i got my RB HM skill i can get 5 chi lvls in 13-16 seconds (on a dummy practice) which can be alot less as i use CHI block (9 seconds one) and often use q/e while fighting.

For FM stance with EARTH and 585 AP and 190% crit dmg i do V and BEAM spam and get 10k all the time for 10 seconds, with ICE its V + LB+RB now the RB deals 12-13k DMG every crit and LB deals 3-4k plus heals alot more. 

I play with the ICE in FM stance cuz of the heal and not the DMG simply cause i use the X that regens 40% HP to party and 0% to myself (cuz 6 iframes duh) and so i want some heal if i ever derp.

I personaly do not find earth to be worth it in both KFM and FM stance. ( except in Infinity tower cuz fk that place with ice build XD )

2 hours ago, QueenOfBlades said:

the new skill patch in korea where u only need 3 chi lvl for our V.

[...]

I play with the ICE in FM stance cuz of the heal and not the DMG simply cause i use the X that regens 40% HP to party and 0% to myself (cuz 6 iframes duh) and so i want some heal if i ever derp.

Unless I missed something, I think you're thinking about the Gold Dragon buff (which stacks up to 3) that we get after we use V. I don't recall ever seeing anything about lowering the chi level req to 3 stacks for V.

Chi Burst still heals you the base 20% if you go down the left side.

2 hours ago, Skelter said:

Chi Burst still heals you the base 20% if you go down the left side.

Really XD man i never even noticed. Also im just writing here what i was told, that the new skill patch means we need 3 chi lvls for V instead of 5.

thanks for your replies and sorry for my late one.  Aye, ive done most of the rotations mentioned here,  i guess i was comparing the damage to my fm and judged from that.  just feels like something is missing because im having trouble beating mushin 2nd form with 525 AP when im on floor `14 on my fm with 566 ap. 

My rotation goes more like  Z + V (froststorm) while LB +RB holding F, switch stance (ss) V + ripple punch, then I switch back to  kunfu stance,  lb rb ani cancel while holding down F to build chi levels.  Though tbf, i have yet to unlock the secret tecknique from cold storage for kingfist/frost storm which adds a nice extra boost in damage.

I was wondering though, about other skills that do damage like counter and frost nova. If that could be included in the rotation. (though tricky)

On 7/25/2016 at 4:44 AM, QueenOfBlades said:

With Ice RB HM skill ur laughing when it comes to getting chi stacks (unless you are tanking which seems to be so fkn comon unless i got a proper tank from guild in party).

The Earth Stance for SF's KFM mode is honestly only usefull for pvp, you cannot compare the amount of dmg u can do with ICE to EARTH, especialy considering the new skill patch in korea where u only need 3 chi lvl for our V.

Ever since i got my RB HM skill i can get 5 chi lvls in 13-16 seconds (on a dummy practice) which can be alot less as i use CHI block (9 seconds one) and often use q/e while fighting.

For FM stance with EARTH and 585 AP and 190% crit dmg i do V and BEAM spam and get 10k all the time for 10 seconds, with ICE its V + LB+RB now the RB deals 12-13k DMG every crit and LB deals 3-4k plus heals alot more. 

I personaly do not find earth to be worth it in both KFM and FM stance. ( except in Infinity tower cuz fk that place with ice build XD )

Just out of curiosity, what do you not like with ice in infinity tower?

On 7/29/2016 at 4:46 AM, CastielSeven said:

I was wondering though, about other skills that do damage like counter and frost nova. If that could be included in the rotation. (though tricky)

I personally like to save Counter for defense, not damage. But Ice Coil (the damage tree of Frost Nova) can be squeezed between two ripple punches during your V without losing any of the speed of it if timed properly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25.7.2016 at 11:44 AM, QueenOfBlades said:

especialy considering the new skill patch in korea where u only need 3 chi lvl for our V.

That is not right! I saw all the changes and there was no change in required chi level...... Show me where you read that.

On 1.8.2016 at 0:19 AM, ChimChim said:

Wait what? Is this true? O_o That's a huge buff to our dps.

It's not true.

The chi level is not being reduced, but instead we get 1 golden chi or orb? forget what they called it each time we use froststorm/kingfist. At 3 of the golden stuff we can either do one of two things.  Increase are crit damage when we use Z or Do a extra heal with X(Not Us) for the party. Left Tree got nerfed on heal and the right tree got buffed

Also Earth Build > Ice pvp

Ice > Earth Pve

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/18/2016 at 11:45 AM, Kuronee said:

The chi level is not being reduced, but instead we get 1 golden chi or orb? forget what they called it each time we use froststorm/kingfist. At 3 of the golden stuff we can either do one of two things.  Increase are crit damage when we use Z or Do a extra heal with X(Not Us) for the party. Left Tree got nerfed on heal and the right tree got buffed

Also Earth Build > Ice pvp

Ice > Earth Pve

You could very well do both the heal and press Z, using one or the other does not consume the 3 stacks of "golden dragon".

Archived