About the increased Story EXP

SGYu

According to what Babbletron mentioned in the latest livestream, he says that if one were to do every story quest (plus the blues, i suppose) up till the completion of Act 6, one should at the very least be able to get to 50 HM 4 or something.

If that's so this would be a pretty big increase. He did acknowledge players feedback saying the exp from story wasn't enough to get to 50 and there was plenty of perhaps unwanted grinding.

The present situation is that completing Act 3 will get you to about 43-44 ish. Then some grinding needed to get to Lv 45.
Then complete further quest up to the end of Act 4 will get you to around 48-ish. More grinding then to get to Lv 50.

Looking forward to see how the changes are.

Thoughts?

I have no strong feelings one way or the other. 

I mean adding more exp isn't going to hurt anyone. It might make lvl 50 hm4's the new "noob tier" though. hahaha... 

To be honest, they listen to the wrong feedback. Getting to 50 was still pretty easy in our current state of the game. It was just really mundane if you were on an alt because you did this stuff already! 

**Edit: Just to make it clear. I personally think hm levels should be earned through experience on playing your character. That's why I am emphasizing specifically getting to "lvl 50" is easy. A lot of people will judge your skill with your hm levels. So I don't really like how we can get hm levels by doing the storyline. Storyline doesn't really teach you how to play your character (or at least the storyline stuff we have so far).

I'd rather they have noticed other issues like how we want shared achievement points or how we want bid rules to be vote-change only and a delay in bidding so no one gets bid sniped or more permanent ssp channels. 

6 hours ago, SGYu said:

According to what Babbletron mentioned in the latest livestream, he says that if one were to do every story quest (plus the blues, i suppose) up till the completion of Act 6, one should at the very least be able to get to 50 HM 4 or something.

If that's so this would be a pretty big increase. He did acknowledge players feedback saying the exp from story wasn't enough to get to 50 and there was plenty of perhaps unwanted grinding.

The present situation is that completing Act 3 will get you to about 43-44 ish. Then some grinding needed to get to Lv 45.
Then complete further quest up to the end of Act 4 will get you to around 48-ish. More grinding then to get to Lv 50.

Looking forward to see how the changes are.

Thoughts?

Well, i can confirm it's true... Last character i lvled on Taiwan Server, on december 2015, i managed to make it to Lv50HM4, i skipped all "Daily Quests" except the ones that are needed to get evolve/upgrade itens Moonwater Heroic DGs to get Soulshield in order to survive silverfrost, made only story quest + blue quests.

At the end, it granted me around 50g when i finished it.

But there, the "survey itens" u get when advance lvl are great and give u alot of useful itens that makes you save money...

I think it is fine overall, because it replaces the experience from all the dead 24M areas.

But it comes too late for me, tbh.

Any alt I will level from now on will not be geared up, so I will just play the story and try some PvP on it. Sure, it's fine to have them level quicker, but overall, I don't really care what level they are.

As for my main characters, both of them had done the first 4 acts, so the XP gain from Acts 5-7 is a nice to have, but compared to the other players I will always be so much behind that honestly, I, again, can't care less.

A lot of people judge your experiance of the game based upon your HM level. For the first time yesterday I joined a legit 4 man dungeon. I am HM lvl 8 on my sum but I had never tried a 4 man before then because I was always under geared for them and refused to join until I was high enough to. I got trashed talked the entire dungeon because I had never done one and i was HM8. 

I have also seen a good deal of HM 10 which most would openly assume are powerful come in with the same amount of AP and crit as my friends HM 1 SF.. 

1 hour ago, DirectorTseng said:

I have also seen a good deal of HM 10 which most would openly assume are powerful come in with the same amount of AP and crit as my friends HM 1 SF..

I'd never assume either. Bots harvest XP, not gear, and most of the Soul Fighters are alts of the powerful players that had been stacking mats for months to fast-track the gear.

Its definetely a good thing for ALT, and new player will be able to catch up faster too but someone mentionned we judge people skill by their HM level and its entirely true for me.

So now we will assume HM 4-5-6 are unexperienced. Doesnt change anything for me since i am already avoiding players below 600 ap and HM9.

Tbh for me the exp isnt really the issue but rather the fact that gear costs shoot up dramatically once you hit moonwater. I have 2 lvl50 characters stuck with sub 50 gear atm partially since I havent played much but also because upgrading the gear becomes significantly more expensive in terms of needing soulstones and moonwater enhancement stones. Really I dont mind the extra exp but they should have made it easier or less costly to get your gear up to the lowest lvl50 gear tier.

incoming more summoner bots since easier to level them pass/to 50 >.<"

ALTHOUGH i hope this wont come to pass but seeing how it was somewhat of a grind to get to 50, this might just put more botters back in the game... 

3 minutes ago, Raiya said:

Tbh for me the exp isnt really the issue but rather the fact that gear costs shoot up dramatically once you hit moonwater. I have 2 lvl50 characters stuck with sub 50 gear atm partially since I havent played much but also because upgrading the gear becomes significantly more expensive in terms of needing soulstones and moonwater enhancement stones. Really I dont mind the extra exp but they should have made it easier or less costly to get your gear up to the lowest lvl50 gear tier.

Moonwater Transformation stones will be far easier to obtain after this upgrade due to the following changes in crafting:

1. They no longer require any soulstones

2. Moonwater Tears will now be available from all level 50 blue dungeons

It is not to say that the gearing is not idiotically expensive, but at least it will help you to get the MTS faster.

I am an owner of two level 50 characters: 50/HM8 with 544 AP and a 50/HM5 with 501 AP. I would describe my gearing experience as an epic journey through the Dante's Circles of Hell. And every level is evermore excruciating and painful.

I can see where they are trying to make things easier for alts and new players, but really I'm not sure I like the idea of increased xp. Level in this game matters a lot less than equipment and ability. Without the right stats from your gear a dungeon or quest might still be impossible. Many dungeons can be done at lower levels as long as you have high enough gear and a basic knowledge of the mechanics of the fights. I love that mechanics (skill) makes many of the Silverfrost dungeons work like this.

Working on gear is tough, but it is a lot cheaper and easier now than it was before Silverfrost released for the Moonwater area items. They have drastically lowered the costs of making Moonwater Transformation Stones, which were the only item you couldn't farm. Makes me a little envious really cause I remember having to try to save up to buy soulstones, farm materials, and craft to increase my equipment on the much less lucrative Moonwater dailies/dungeons.

All gaming companies progressively make their games easier to play the longer the game has been released.  Its a good system because it makes newcomers think they can catch up to the older players.  They also make gearing up a lot easier and its also the way it should be. 

37 minutes ago, Iaosise said:

Working on gear is tough, but it is a lot cheaper and easier now than it was before Silverfrost released for the Moonwater area items. They have drastically lowered the costs of making Moonwater Transformation Stones, which were the only item you couldn't farm. Makes me a little envious really cause I remember having to try to save up to buy soulstones, farm materials, and craft to increase my equipment on the much less lucrative Moonwater dailies/dungeons.

They did an appropriate thing, reducing the price of the MTS crafting because the lockout now shifted from the point when you needed a lot of MTS for the Oathbreaker leg/Siren Accessories to the point when you need a ton of Silverfrost Stones and Moonstones for True Breeze and Oathbreaker Accessories.

I was a pariah back when I was scraping together to push past the 400 AP when people were sporting the True Pirate, and I am still a pariah now because I cannot reach the 550 AP whem people strut around in Legendaries.

Gold per hour ration remains abysmal in this game, and gearing needlessly hard.

Archived