Poor Man's Stats Balance for the OW PvP

DomiSotto

Hi good folks.

I am looking for some ideas on the entry-level stats for the OW PvP. I am interested in fusing on something like Scorpio unless there is a fairly easy to obtain soul-shield that will work as the OW PVP one.

I am looking for the stat balance to aim for that prevents the character from being one-shot, but allows it to still kill the NPCs for credit.

From what I remember of when I had a Scorpio Shield I had 44% crit and 73k hp with 0 crit infusions on the shield.  You should be able to get around 40% crit and just do a full crit def fuse.  It won't be super ideal for DPS, but you will be able to survive, and since dead people deal no damage, that improves your chances a lot.  

I currently have 1330 crit def and that is, if I remember correctly 25.xx% crit rate reduction.  I would say try for at least 1k crit def, then once you hit that you can fuse whatever into the other shields.  

1 hour ago, FakeName said:

I currently have 1330 crit def and that is, if I remember correctly 25.xx% crit rate reduction.  I would say try for at least 1k crit def, then once you hit that you can fuse whatever into the other shields.

Does it tell you the crit-rate reduction? From what I remember from another game, 30% made a lot of difference, so I can shoot for that, and if I have space left, I can fuse the rest with Crit?

Try to get to floor 11+ in Tower of Infinity and farm 3 sparring soulshields, that will help a lot with crit def. Fuse up to 1500 if you can, those 200 extra points will make your life easier. Sticking to Hongmoon path jewellery normally provides plenty of base crit, especially if you have skills to boost crit rate, and a crit ruby. Also get a high level pet for survivability - unless your are F2P to the point of a religion (2 Ncoin a day). ^_^

16 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

Does it tell you the crit-rate reduction? From what I remember from another game, 30% made a lot of difference, so I can shoot for that, and if I have space left, I can fuse the rest with Crit?

Yes when you click the crit def tab in your profile you can see the crit rate % reduction and the crit damage reduction.

7 minutes ago, Shuchin said:

Try to get to floor 11+ in Tower of Infinity and farm 3 sparring soulshields, that will help a lot with crit def. Fuse up to 1500 if you can, those 200 extra points will make your life easier. Sticking to Hongmoon path jewellery normally provides plenty of base crit, especially if you have skills to boost crit rate, and a crit ruby. Also get a high level pet for survivability - unless your are F2P to the point of a religion (2 Ncoin a day). ^_^

I actually really want a pet. Have wanted it forever. Maybe I will look into purchasing one finally.

The problem with doing Infinity is that my character is a Warlock, so even with Mushin's Tower, everything loves nothing more than to re-set on him just when his is winning and the Thrall is gone, so anything solo and difficult turns into the teeth grinding fest.

I thought it was for the 600 + AP people anyway.

4 minutes ago, FakeName said:

Yes when you click the crit def tab in your profile you can see the crit rate % reduction and the crit damage reduction.

Is there a point of diminishing returns on the Crit Def?

2 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I actually really want a pet. Have wanted it forever. Maybe I will look into purchasing one finally.

The problem with doing Infinity is that my character is a Warlock, so even with Mushin's Tower, everything loves nothing more than to re-set on him just when his is winning and the Thrall is gone, so anything solo and difficult turns into the teeth grinding fest.

I thought it was for the 600 + AP people anyway.

There are plenty of people who have in the 500 range of ap getting into floors 20-30 (and some higher).  

10 minutes ago, FakeName said:

There are plenty of people who have in the 500 range of ap getting into floors 20-30 (and some higher).

So, the Infinity overlaps in difficulty with Mushin's Tower, not takes over where Mushin leaves off? Because I only did the first 6 floors to get the tokens.

You can skip floors in the Infinity Tower, depending on how fast you win. If you burst down the floor 1 guy in 20 seconds, you can rise to floor 9 in one go. Two fast wins and you can get sparring soul shield tiles as potential reward.

Go to Trial Arena for training and to measure yourself. Stage 1 in Trial arena is about what you get in infinity floor 1-10, stage 2 is 11-20 and so on. Infinity is even a bit easier, since you get special buffs to help. If you can defeat at least some of the classes at stage 2, you have good chances to eventually farm a sparring tile 1-4 set, and the crit def bonus already works with 3 tiles.

As for diminishing returns on crit def, yes the effect diminishes at some point. A bit like the crit rate and crit damage stat, actually. Which means that at 1000, you do not feel the diminishing much at all. Crit damage cannot be reduced below 120%, though. So that's a natural limitation, you cannot stack crit defense so high that the enemy crits for less damage than normal attacks.

Archived