[Frustration] Iksanun/Poharan Faction Post-Merge

Skylar

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to joke about how it would be if SSP became a cross-server thing.

Now it has become true, lol.

I'm now waiting to see how it will fare when things become stable. Meanwhile, my clan runs SSP daily for like 5 hours per day. It's a small blue clan with about five or six people active, but they still manage to pop up boxes from time to time.

iksanun red here.

pre-link, we mine 2 channels constantly but if ceru has enough number they can take 1 channel easy. it may be mindless grinding but there are some who do SSP just to finish their daily quest (myself included). Post-link, you can't even get a full decent mining on either side due to the griefing. it's like we gave up taking a channel for mining because YOUR SSP way is to farm only the terrors and the ceru mining NPCs.

maybe it's a server animosity thing but you brought nothing good to us. you're too happy griefing while we're unhappy with the state of the game. i mean i even see iksanun blue complaining, it's that bad.

This post just makes me want to say, welcome to the life of an Iksanun Ceru before merge. Yeah I might be a bit salty, but can you blame me? Really?

You're complaining about Ceru dominating since merge, but Crim dominated Iksanun since launch!!! It might be more overwhelming now since giant Poharan server is included, but before merge there was at LEAST 2x reds to blues, maybe even 3x reds to blues or more.

I will admit I haven't done SSP a huge amount of times, so there may have been peaceful times between factions that I wasn't present for. However, every single time without fail that I have participated in SSP before merge there have been reds griefing blues, picking them up and throwing them at the terrors and what not. Picking people out and ganking them. 

I'm not saying pre-merge Ceru was completely helpless because they weren't. They could take a channel at peak times. But there was a huge difference between Crim doing SSP all the time and Ceru doing it at only certain times during the day when they could manage the numbers. There was many times where Crims take a channel, and then have enough numbers to also kick Ceru off the second channel. 

22 hours ago, Skylar said:

A few rich and geared individuals stack up to one side and start to monopolize the region. How is this fair for the rest of the player base? I don't want to feel stressed out or have to be toxic to be able to do SSP. I just want to have fun and enjoy the game play that Blade and Soul has to offer, but SSP divides the player base and that affects the clan atmosphere. I hope the dev team are able to figure out another way to obtain moonstones consistently and in a stress free environment. 

I agree with you here that there needs to be another way to get moonstones, outside of OWPvP. I'm not saying merging with Poharan was the best idea either, especially without adding a significant number more channels to SSP. But now you can know how it feels like as the underdog faction, fighting against much higher geared, richer players. Since they have the numbers to face roll your faction and earn hundreds of moonstones every day. 

22 hours ago, Skylar said:

As of right now with the Poharan/Iksanun server merge, there have been a lack or willingness from some Crimsons to fight in open world pvp because they lack gear, are not into PvP, and feel SSP is really stressful. Both sides of the faction are toxic as mentioned above and it is not a good atmosphere to be in. 

^ This has been the case with some players since before the merge. Or maybe you didn't feel it being in the dominant faction until then >_>

24 minutes ago, Daktaro said:

I agree with you here that there needs to be another way to get moonstones, outside of OWPvP. I'm not saying merging with Poharan was the best idea either, especially without adding a significant number more channels to SSP. But now you can know how it feels like as the underdog faction, fighting against much higher geared, richer players. Since they have the numbers to face roll your faction and earn hundreds of moonstones every day. 

Not so much, since the amount of ppl make even mining something u do just for dailys and left, in my first day as Ceru, I only got a grindtooth almost 3pm (at my 5 ssp), so both sides are in the shit now.

2 hours ago, Daktaro said:

This post just makes me want to say, welcome to the life of an Iksanun Ceru before merge. Yeah I might be a bit salty, but can you blame me? Really?

You're complaining about Ceru dominating since merge, but Crim dominated Iksanun since launch!!! It might be more overwhelming now since giant Poharan server is included, but before merge there was at LEAST 2x reds to blues, maybe even 3x reds to blues or more.

I will admit I haven't done SSP a huge amount of times, so there may have been peaceful times between factions that I wasn't present for. However, every single time without fail that I have participated in SSP before merge there have been reds griefing blues, picking them up and throwing them at the terrors and what not. Picking people out and ganking them. 

Before merge things were better because there was a way to work with the Faction habits. In the mornings in particular, SSP could be done on a Crimson alt with barely any gear.

There were also other quiet times in SSP when you could do quests unmolested or put together a small party to run the Daily with all the drops.

As my other alt, on the Cerulean, I played with the faction, and fought for the channel, and tried to repel the attacks if Crimson tried to raid. Before the merge, a Crimson raid could be repelled.

Before the merge getting one Grindtooth credit on a single mining was also possible.

Before the merger not getting a credit on Suljun was unheard of.

But since the Poharan Legions marched on us and took the SSP over, the defense fails every time, and getting credits on Suljun and Grindtooth became a thing of the past.

It is also more common that the Poharan majority utilizes the tactics that disadvantages a low AP player, like fighting both spawns in the middle of the field, instead of at the drill sites.

1 hour ago, DomiSotto said:

Before merge things were better because there was a way to work with the Faction habits. In the mornings in particular, SSP could be done on a Crimson alt with barely any gear.

There were also other quiet times in SSP when you could do quests unmolested or put together a small party to run the Daily with all the drops.

As my other alt, on the Cerulean, I played with the faction, and fought for the channel, and tried to repel the attacks if Crimson tried to raid. Before the merge, a Crimson raid could be repelled.

Before the merge getting one Grindtooth credit on a single mining was also possible.

Before the merger not getting a credit on Suljun was unheard of.

But since the Poharan Legions marched on us and took the SSP over, the defense fails every time, and getting credits on Suljun and Grindtooth became a thing of the past.

It is also more common that the Poharan majority utilizes the tactics that disadvantages a low AP player, like fighting both spawns in the middle of the field, instead of at the drill sites.

The truce, yo! 'Truce' Follow it or be killed. Ha!

There is no reason to complain, reasons why server links took place and which servers was linked would have been looked into and to find the best way to balance factions.

Now problems can and have started by players or clans now switching sides which personally I think should not be possible but It's not my call.

SSP is and always has been an area which is by design a place for the 2 factions to fight it out to take control and defend the area against the opposite faction.

Problem rise from  players.1) Change sides to whom ever is the winning faction.  2) Players those of which have all upgrades done to date will not and can not be bothered to fight the good fight.

So we can not blame NCSoft in there reasons to link servers, when it actually boils down to the way the players some whom wish to play the way SSP was designed to be and those that just faction change and want a free ride when it suits them. The option to change faction should either be locked/removed this would in a small way help or reduce the so called dominating factions from occuring. Which ever faction you choose from the beginning is the faction you should support all the way through to these areas like SSP.

Sadly we can not force players that have full upgraded gear to go to SSP and fight to win and defend this problem is all down to the players do not wish to help out there faction.

I have played many mmorpgs and this by far for player community is the worst I have come across. No idea on NA but EU it is so toxic and nasty towards new and veteran players.

I know I will probably get flamed by the keyboard warriors and trolls that live in forums rather than the game but, I don't really care what they have to say be constructive not destructive.

On 7/18/2016 at 5:01 AM, Skylar said:

Complaint Related to Iksanun/Poharan Post-Server Merge:

Coming from Iksanun Crimson, Iksanun was a relatively small server that was dominated by the Crimson Legion Faction. The majority of Iksanun chose to join and make Clans in the Crimson Faction. On the other hand, Poharan was dominated by the Cerulean Faction by a severe number and ridiculously outnumbered the Crimson Legion. Upon the merge, this disparity was emphasized even further,

Ever since the server link between the Iksanun and Poharan, there have been a host of maladies that have plagued Crimson Legion players and clans including our clan, Excelcius. One of which is the unsolvable issue with Soulstones Plains. To put it simply, it is almost impossible to do SSP anymore due to toxicity and "griefing". Every SSP channel is Cerulean Faction dominated.

SSP is a very important region that is used to acquire moonstones and soulstones that are required for almost all progression in the game and we are now no longer able to acquire them. This goes against the reason why we chose the Crimson Legion and made our clan here.

Now clans in Crimson that want to move to Cerulean faction are not allowed to and it feels really unfair that the player base could not have a say in the server merge. In Poharan/Iksanun server merge, the number of Ceruleans is more than double than the Crimson. Now, I don't want to call out the developers on this, but to let them know that it is not fun. The open world PVP game play experience is not for everyone. As of right now with the Poharan/Iksanun server merge, there have been a lack or willingness from some Crimsons to fight in open world pvp because they lack gear, are not into PvP, and feel SSP is really stressful. Both sides of the faction are toxic as mentioned above and it is not a good atmosphere to be in. 

The game play experience in SSP is comparable to how KR had Hell's Island. A few rich and geared individuals stack up to one side and start to monopolize the region. How is this fair for the rest of the player base? I don't want to feel stressed out or have to be toxic to be able to do SSP. I just want to have fun and enjoy the game play that Blade and Soul has to offer, but SSP divides the player base and that affects the clan atmosphere. I hope the dev team are able to figure out another way to obtain moonstones consistently and in a stress free environment. 

Thank you for taking your time to read this.

Sincerely,

-Iksanun Crimson

You know the irony of this? Every time I (a Cerulean Player) tried to do SSP, an army of Crimsons are just sitting there waiting at the mining machines to kill Konta and that other guy and instantly screwing up our SSP. Looks like we have ourselves a revenge cycle, and if this game has taught us anything it's that revenge cycles suck.

Would be nice to have another truce where we both just be logical humans and agree to let one faction have like 2 channels and the other has the last 2 leaving one channel free for your grievers. 

And yes, I'm from Iksanun as well.

40 minutes ago, Kasugai said:

So we can not blame NCSoft in there reasons to link servers, when it actually boils down to the way the players some whom wish to play the way SSP was designed to be and those that just faction change and want a free ride when it suits them. The option to change faction should either be locked/removed this would in a small way help or reduce the so called dominating factions from occuring. Which ever faction you choose from the beginning is the faction you should support all the way through to these areas like SSP.

Faction Balance is not an issue here so much as the over-population. In this NC Soft or the parent company has done a few of things that are poorely designed:

1. Linking any other server with Poharan or Mushin was unnecessary. The population on those servers was already too high to obtain credits in SSP.

2. The number of channels was not increased proportionately to the population increase. Pharan alone had 5 channels. Iksanun alone had 2 channels. But together we did not get 7, we got 5 channels.

3. The reward structure in the SSP, and in particularly the access to the keys was always way too limiting. The issue was aggravated ten-fold with the over-population. There is no reasons why we should not be able to open at least the minimal amount of boxes that grants the Daily completion, the 3 per day. If the keys from Grindtooth and terrors and destroying other Faction mining only opened additional boxes, while you were guaranteeing a drop of 3 to anyone who completed the Daily, that would have reduced the aggravation from a regular player. Always losing to the bots and the folks that spend their life in the game is embittering.

4. The way the channels are synchronized and the ease of hounding the other faction down the channels completely destroying any chance of doing the SSP for so many, and most of them the not-haves is frankly leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

5. The monster design is dated to the early gearing when hitting level 50 and the under 20 people in the channel. It was never updated to the current situation when people push 700s and 50 people load into the channel somehow.

As I said, on Iksanun, I could get at least partial credits for the SSP since I was level 49 in 400-450 AP gear. Which is what SSP should be, as it comes at the time of the game when you start needing those soulstones and moonstones for upgrades.

Tweaking the design to make SSP set up more reasonable is not out of the realm of possibility. But this troubled region was never acknowledged in the streams save by the dismissive remark.

57 minutes ago, Kasugai said:

Problem rise from  players.1) Change sides to whom ever is the winning faction.  2) Players those of which have all upgrades done to date will not and can not be bothered to fight the good fight.

That is true but the problem itself can also be solved by the same players, Iksanun alone is an example. The unbalanced, became balanced. Basically, that's how you solve society's problems, you let it flow like a liquid 'not' enforcing it. 

10 minutes ago, Winner said:

That is true but the problem itself can also be solved by the same players, Iksanun alone is an example. The unbalanced, became balanced. Basically, that's how you solve society's problems, you let it flow like a liquid 'not' enforcing it.

On Iksanun, there is no winning side. Iksanun's were the barbaric tribes whose squabbles and barbaric heroics were made irrelevant by the marching Poharan legions.

But, we certainly have every opportunity now to RP tragic heroes dying in vain. Jinsoyun is a push-over compared to Poharan players.

3 minutes ago, cokaine said:

Why would people rather play on a dead server than interact with other players in *MMO*?

The only interaction that I have seen from Poharan was:

"You suckers! Losers!"

"You will never see another boar!"

"Suck my d***k> Go bend over and buy keys from me."

"We are farming moonstones, you losers!"

I prefer a dead server, thank you so much.

But Iksanun was not dead. It was a small village where I knew everyone by name and looks. I had my heroes on both faction.  That guy who'd always invite my pathetic level 49 warlock in the party, that sin who will take charge and say silly things, the bossy FM with a character geared to withstand a direct hit of a thermonuclear weapon, etc. They had personalities. They had names. We actually fought wall on wall, and stood a chance to win.

And we always got something for our efforts.

12 minutes ago, cokaine said:

Why would people rather play on a dead server than interact with other players in a MMORPG?

From my experience, there was much more interaction on the "dead" server.  I see no communication now in crimson, since they are just channel hoping.  It seems when someone calls out for something, no one shows up.  I have never had a problem before.  The ceru faction chat has more activity and I see some people have switched over. Based on faction chat they aren't fairing much better integrating.  It seems to me even though there are more people, there are less people playing together.

1 hour ago, cokaine said:

Why would people rather play on a dead server than interact with other players in a MMORPG?

Half of what Ceru talk in chat is:

Taxi *input ch here*

Kill reds!

WTS/WTB *input item here*

Come do Battle Phase

While if I put LF5M for Cold Storage, no one appear.

Besides they do mining at crimson, what gives me super lag, and I can't hold much pp because I end getting aggro of something and dying.

In my old server, people at least talked about other things. I knew everyone in my faction basically.

3 hours ago, Ketsura said:

Majority of what Ceru talk in chat is:

Taxi *input ch here*

Kill reds!

Come do Battle Phase

Besides they do mining at crimson, what gives me super lag, and I can't hold much pp because I end getting aggro of something and dying.

In my old server, people at least talked about other things. I knew everyone in my faction basically.

Fixed.

I rarely see people I recognize from Iksanun in faction chat anymore.  When I do it's when they're make a remark about the spammers from poharan.

6 minutes ago, Quantum said:

Fixed.

I rarely see people I recognize from Iksanun in faction chat anymore.  When I do it's when they're make a remark about the spammers from poharan.

I have seen both red and blue blame each others server for the large amount of spammers.

5 minutes ago, jones6 said:

I have seen both red and blue blame each others server for the large amount of spammers.

But Cerulean Iksanun didn't have any chat spammers other than the bots before the merge.  Now there's a bunch of players that's spamming and when I look at their player info they're from poharan.

Same thing with OMC and Mushin. It's hell. Both side screws each other, and neither side can barely finish anything. It's the "You kill my NPC, oh we will kill yours". Literally back and forth. Then after that is the shit talk and the rage. We got 6 channels - 6 *crickets* channels and no one think about splitting 3/3 for less headache and grief.

Anyways, I stopped SSPing. Not worth my time anymore. I rather just grind dungeons for good and 4men for rare stuffs to sell and get the golds to buy things that I need.

OP/Aka star if you want to switch to cerulean for easy ssps then do it. Its funny how you want to pretend to be all kind and lighthearted about ssp when you would grief blues while they were outnumbered and troll iksa reds in faction chat....

You can't sign this as iksa reds because quite frankly you don't speak for all of them.

12 hours ago, ARC1276 said:

Would be nice to have another truce where we both just be logical humans and agree to let one faction have like 2 channels and the other has the last 2 leaving one channel free for your grievers. 

Meeting of the powerful clans in Iksanun to have the 'Truce'.. It was my first time I experienced that very 'rare' circumstances in a game. That 'Truce' was very serious and everyone actually acknowledged it. Very rare. Ah... I wonder when will I experienced it again. It's like watching "Log Horizon" anime! Seriously.

On 19/07/2016 at 7:55 PM, Ketsura said:

Half of what Ceru talk in chat is:

Taxi *input ch here*

Kill reds!

Come do Battle Phase

If you know most people that are active in a mmo game chat it means the game is dead, and why is it bad that people are using chat to buy/sell something that you might be interested in buying/selling in a bloody MMO ,  or calling people to kill a boss in a >>>>MMO<<<< and if people don't show up for a dungeon after server merge than before it no one would either. 

It's a bloody MMO not some online chat with a funny game to play while you're chatting.

Archived