Why do people leave 4-man Nexus?

Katty

Hi, I was doing some Nexus today and noticed that many guys in Nexus 4-man dungeon just leave during or after the 1st boss and I wondered why? A friend of mine notices this as well, but his AP is around 600 + he has skill  and my AP and Equip are  pretty decent, too.
Any idea?

I've even had some people leave when we fail to clear the first room in the 1st three bomb throws. I know it's specifically this reason because of the nasty comments before the rage quit. So screwing up the saw blades or messing the CC would be seizure-inducing for such people.

I've even had some people leave when we fail to clear the first room in the 1st three bomb throws. I know it's specifically this reason because of the nasty comments before the rage quit. So screwing up the saw blades or messing the CC would be seizure-inducing for such people.

Sorry, yes I meant the 1st room with the bombs.
I wonder if they were elitists. One group even invited me when they saw I was looking for a 6-man 550 Party. And I had like 6 AP more than them? So yeah, maybe they expected hardcarry. Anyway, it seems we can only speculate. Just thought one of those guys doing that would tell me his point of view so that we can save time on both ends and I can decline such invites. Because they leave to fast too ask them. :3

Thank you for your answers. :)

People leave during the bomb room because someone screwed up so badly. It isn't a "small" mistake, it's highly punishing to the entire party to have a miniboss heal from 100k HP to 3 million, and no one wants to waste their time fighting that when it could have been avoided in the first place. It takes only up to four tries just to find the correct add just by gauging how they react to the bomb, but people refuse to acknowledge this and chuck bombs randomly. Even if I tell them what they did wrong, oftentimes they don't listen, and its too late to fix their mistake.

I leave especially if someone tagged "EXP" on the party ad because they just lied about being experienced themselves, and that basically means they want to be carried without learning. I won't tolerate my time being wasted, and I especially won't tolerate liars.

Now, how do you do the room properly?

1. Bomb the add behind the miniboss.
  2. If said add flies up, bomb the third add to his right. If said add gets knocked down, bomb the third add to his left.
  3. If said add flies up, bomb one of the two adds to his right. If said add gets knocked down, bomb one of the two adds to his left.
  4. Bomb the final add.

It's these four easy steps but people often don't realize this and think they just have to keep trying RNG.

10 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

People leave during the bomb room because someone screwed up so badly. It isn't a "small" mistake, it's highly punishing to the entire party to have a miniboss heal from 100k HP to 3 million, and no one wants to waste their time fighting that when it could have been avoided in the first place. It takes only up to four tries just to find the correct add just by gauging how they react to the bomb, but people refuse to acknowledge this and chuck bombs randomly. Even if I tell them what they did wrong, oftentimes they don't listen, and its too late to fix their mistake.

I leave especially if someone tagged "EXP" on the party ad because they just lied about being experienced themselves, and that basically means they want to be carried without learning. I won't tolerate my time being wasted, and I especially won't tolerate liars.

Now, how do you do the room properly?

1. Bomb the add behind the miniboss.
  2. If said add flies up, bomb the third add to his right. If said add gets knocked down, bomb the third add to his left.
  3. If said add flies up, bomb one of the two adds to his right. If said add gets knocked down, bomb one of the two adds to his left.
  4. Bomb the final add.

It's these four easy steps but people often don't realize this and think they just have to keep trying RNG.

I didn't know this till a clanmate told me this. Seriously though I think BnS should get a general guide for the boss in dungeons much like what WoW and other game did. At this this give players a basic understanding of the fight instead of going in trying out different mechanics.

2 hours ago, spongemike said:

Seriously though I think BnS should get a general guide for the boss in dungeons much like what WoW and other game did. At this this give players a basic understanding of the fight instead of going in trying out different mechanics.

No no no. Don't guide all people trough everything. Figuring out how a situation can be handled is an important part of games. Don't choose the easy way. Start doing new things with people you know, then it's fun even if you fail.

3 hours ago, spongemike said:

I didn't know this till a clanmate told me this. Seriously though I think BnS should get a general guide for the boss in dungeons much like what WoW and other game did. At this this give players a basic understanding of the fight instead of going in trying out different mechanics.

That would just defeat the purpose of the game's challenging aspect. I've played Tera, Age of Wushu (which by the way literally has Google Translate for its localization), Vindictus, Maplestory, Mabinogi, Dungeon Fighter Online, Dragon Nest, Vindictus, and Phantasy Star Online 2. None of these games ever explain boss mechanics, and some of them don't even give warnings on what the boss is doing.

Honestly it's not hard to figure out mechanics simply by analyzing your surroundings. Stuff light up like Christmas lights (Poharan, Mushin Floor 9-12), abnormalities (Blood Mane having higher HP than Hae Mujin), or the plain obvious (bull + red "curtain").

Well, i don't quit on 1st room, but i always try to run infront of everyone in order to make it correct, as someone already stated above... Many people don't care about doing it correctly, neither to learn how to. I know if the boss regenerates full HP it won't take forever to kill it, but you know, we want to do it faster as possible(i'm not elitist).

But on 2nd main boss, thats another story, if people do the same mistake 2 times, i prefer to quit the party and start all over, because i'm the kind of player that always asks if they're aware of boss mechanics, someone rarely answer, most of them stay quiet, and then when fight starts they simple don't know what to do...

Like last night, i went into 4man nexus and a kfm claimed his "knockback" work as "knockdown", according to him, after his "knockback" a knockdown will be applied cuz the skills says so... never played a kfm, but my thrall(i'm WL main) has a simillar skill, but just work like this on normal mobs, when it comes to CC a boss, it always apply to "knockback" effect... And then he did the same 2 times, result? I just left party right after...

When i played TW server, i had meet many english players, and they used to care about mechanics and tried to learn as much as they could, but NA Server, as they can Inspect ur character profile and see all ur stats they care only for AP, on TW doesn't work like that, u can check other's stats, max u can see is their Lv and HM Lv, thats there most of the dungeons can be sucessfull done even u have to stop fews secs to explain ppl what to do...

45 minutes ago, KurooSakura said:

I'm the person that doesn't leave but rages at anyone who makes a mistake in Nexus 4, I mean come on, it SAYS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN WHAT THE *cricket* TO DO, WHY CANT YOU READ?! 

i agree, it's the same for asura 4/6man 2nd boss

the mobs are even color coded for you

blue ads = stun

green ads = knockdown

yet people does the most stupidest things ever

9 minutes ago, Misclick said:

blue ads = stun

green ads = knockdown

They even have different names in case you cannot see the color, like with FMs frost skills that make them blu'ish.
Staggering-something-something for the blue adds (stun)
Falling-something-something for the green adds (KD) IIRC.

11 minutes ago, Els said:

They even have different names in case you cannot see the color, like with FMs frost skills that make them blu'ish.
Staggering-something-something for the blue adds (stun)
Falling-something-something for the green adds (KD) IIRC.

Like not being an elitist or anything but sometimes, i still believe leaving is the best option, some are completely useless people who are just wasting your time because 

1. they just want to be carried

2. they don't know the mechanics due to never ran it before/bothered with it

3. they just doing it cuz they wanna screw people over and have nothing better to do

I do leave 4 man parties especially asura/nexus if people lie about being exp and does the most stupid things 

for e.g the other day, 4man nexus i said bomb this guy (first mini boss), but the guy refused to listen and tell me to stfu cuz its "RNG" and bombed every other ad until there was none left but the one i pointed to, i just left since he was being stupid and wasting time. 

Just now, Lunakitty said:

Then the random misclick happens because everyone is waiting to do their ccs as fast as possible. Happened to me and a party member in same Nexus run. First he did it and we resetted the boss. Then I did it but we finished the boss clearly and then this SF started cursing that "mistakes do not happen. if you don't know what to do don't do anything at all". What people never during fighting for example press caps lock instead of TAB or some other button just because they are trying to do everything fast? Mistakes do happen, accidents do happen, learn to understand that these things happen even to people with over 100-400 runs done. This is btw general rant, not pointed personally towards you. :3

Other option is ofc that you found the party in LFP which is known for not having the brightest bulbs in there.

nah you are absoutely right, mistakes do happen, i understand that

i don't get upset when they say sorry misclick/mistake my bad, etc etc

we reset or continue on 

but when they give zero fks about what they are doing and just keep doing like they know what they doing then its when its just better to leave

that's what i mean

I dont mind inexperience people/mistakes/people who willing to learn etc

its just ignorant ones that i have something against 

24 minutes ago, Misclick said:

Like not being an elitist or anything but sometimes, i still believe leaving is the best option, some are completely useless people who are just wasting your time because 

1. they just want to be carried

2. they don't know the mechanics due to never ran it before/bothered with it

3. they just doing it cuz they wanna screw people over and have nothing better to do

I do leave 4 man parties especially asura/nexus if people lie about being exp and does the most stupid things 

for e.g the other day, 4man nexus i said bomb this guy (first mini boss), but the guy refused to listen and tell me to stfu cuz its "RNG" and bombed every other ad until there was none left but the one i pointed to, i just left since he was being stupid and wasting time. 

Agreed, sometimes I do leave myself. Back during Naryu Lab time, had people that kept CCing Minou during his charge and not letting him hitting red walls. People having no clues and thinks that the enrage timer is 'wrong'...

Saw many people that clear dungeons just because they're overgeared... like Yeti... saying that getting frozen and losing a dragonblood was normal and it's a DPS race.

Had some people at Nexus 'stealing' the bomb and randomly throwing it.

PS : Not sure why you quoted me, If i offended you I'm sorry, it wasn't my intention, I just wanted to add more information about those adds.

43 minutes ago, Misclick said:

blue ads = stun

green ads = knockdown

Then the random misclick happens because everyone is waiting to do their ccs as fast as possible. Happened to me and a party member in same Nexus run. First he did it and we resetted the boss. Then I did it but we finished the boss clearly and then this SF started cursing that "mistakes do not happen. if you don't know what to do don't do anything at all". What people never during fighting for example press caps lock instead of TAB or some other button just because they are trying to do everything fast? Mistakes do happen, accidents do happen, learn to understand that these things happen even to people with over 100-400 runs done. This is btw general rant, not pointed personally towards you. :3

Other option is ofc that you found the party in LFP which is known for not having the brightest bulbs in there.

Its not that hard to know what to do in every dungeon. Anyone can google: Blade and soul "insert name of the instance"  and they'll get tons of guides, on video, presentations, writen step by step with detailed information and explanations from players that have been playing for years, and you can find them in any lenguage.
It's probably alright not to be that elitist on new dungeons, but some of them have been here for months and theres ppl that dont take the time to read how to do them, how to get good builds for their character, or even how the game works, they just throw themselves to a game a never read forusm, guides, anything.
Worst is that most of those players don't even care about learning, never ask, never listen when you are correcting them but then come back complaining to everyone about how discriminated they are.

10 minutes ago, Misclick said:

nah you are absoutely right, mistakes do happen, i understand that

i don't get upset when they say sorry misclick/mistake my bad, etc etc

we reset or continue on 

but when they give zero fks about what they are doing and just keep doing like they know what they doing then its when its just better to leave

that's what i mean

I dont mind inexperience people/mistakes/people who willing to learn etc

its just ignorant ones that i have something against 

I gotta agree with this since I would do it myself too if someone keeps using wrong CC all the time causing everyone to fail that boss. If the team wipes twice in Iruga then usually I leave.

On 7/19/2016 at 10:58 AM, spongemike said:

The mobs circling around the miniboss are named. If you know Chinese, they're named 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12. Would've been nicer if NCSoft renamed them into English so people can figure out the strat themselves.

But yeah, a general guide would be nice since it may be necessary to respec for some bosses.

Archived