[Stamina bar] My conclusion after watching yesterday's stream.

WLraik

I'm still learning english.

So, in the last stream the devs had infinite stamina bar to run around (the same as 6v6).

Why they don't allow us to have that in the open world? You gonna say "it'll break OWpvp". Ok, how about the stamina decreases ONLY when you equip the faction outfit? Makes sense? Good.

You guys know why we have that stamina bar? 2 reasons.

1 - Artificially extending content. It's useless and only annoys the players.

2 - in KR you pay for HOURS (confirmed by Praetor19, a known streamer that plays on KR server), so the most hours spent in-game, the more hours you have to buy. (This is why Team Bloodlust developed things like Bay-Lee, where you spent A LOT of time waiting). So, in KR making players waste time running around = more money for them.

Since we pay for 30 or 90 days premium (optional), YOU DON'T NEED TO ARTIFICIALLY EXTEND CONTENT for us.

If the player plays 1 or 24 hours/day it doesn't matter to NCwest, the money is already in their pockets.

EDIT: A very good idea for you NCwest, make it a premium exclusive. I bet a lot of people would sub just to have that, more money for you, more QoL for us it's a win-win.

This would be a HUGE HUGE QoL (quality of life) improvement.

I'm sorry if you bought/crafted Purification Jar, I think something like this would be way better than the 20~40g you spent on the Jar, think about the big picture, not only about you ok?

(But if you are using the faction outfit you still have your 20k stamina).

Other games like Guild Wars 2 that has NO mounts, we have the option to perma-increase the running speed, being able to cross the map way faster.

I really don't see the downside of this, only a minor for those who spent 20-40g on the Jar, but even they would benefit a lot from this QoL.

It's already in the game, I don't think it would be hard to implement.

How about infinite focus? Lack of focus slows you down too, right? I find this as an unneccessary complain. You can windstride to all important locations and everything else you can reach in one or two stamina bars (besides facked up lab and asura without dragon pulses, but that's a different story). And also it makes sense to need rest after a dash, huh?

25 minutes ago, SilentOne said:

How about infinite focus? Lack of focus slows you down too, right? I find this as an unneccessary complain. You can windstride to all important locations and everything else you can reach in one or two stamina bars (besides facked up lab and asura without dragon pulses, but that's a different story). And also it makes sense to need rest after a dash, huh?

You are comparing apples with oranges.

Stamina bar has NOTHING to do with Focus bar, and please, don't make stuff up over exaggerating.

I'm talking about QoL and you come with focus bar, please man, just... No.

26 minutes ago, SilentOne said:

And also it makes sense to need rest after a dash, huh?

Well.. considering some of us use magic, and other's are fighting with huge ass weapons for hours on hours.. I don't really see the sense in this argument

3 minutes ago, WLraik said:

You are comparing apples with oranges.

Stamina bar has NOTHING to do with Focus bar, and please, don't make stuff up over exaggerating.

I'm talking about QoL and you come with focus bar, please man, just... No.

You talking about extended content. And what happend if you run out of focus while fighting boss? You do less dmg aka you are slower aka you need more time to do stuff aka whoa, extended content.

9 minutes ago, TheQuibbler said:

Well.. considering some of us use magic, and other's are fighting with huge ass weapons for hours on hours.. I don't really see the sense in this argument

/Kappa

I been thinking the same thing as well, if you not gonna give us mount to use, and you got a cool down on wind stride, than why not give us unlimited sprint so run from one spot to the other, you got all these big a^^ area and want us to walk around like a snail.  

And then there is the StaminaHop :

Which is almost what you are asking for. Beside that you will be slower than someone running, you'll travel more distance without using stamina.

I can't do without it anymore as it is really enjoyable and interesting to do.

3 hours ago, Mortys said:

And then there is the StaminaHop :

Which is almost what you are asking for. Beside that you will be slower than someone running, you'll travel more distance without using stamina.

I can't do without it anymore as it is really enjoyable and interesting to do.

That's awesome!

I don't really see the reason of this. I mean, I don't see it as a good change. It is like that, it will be like that. I don't mind having to stop every 20s to make my stamina back. This game is not open world. If it'd be then you'd be right. This game is heavily instanced. You run 2-4 times with your stamina and you hit the next loading screen/portal. You don't even have to run so much because in every little city you can teleport. You don't have to run from a city to another, you teleport. The stamina is a game mechanic which is there for a reason. 

And removing the stamina cap for premium users would just give people another reason to cry the game is p2w and that the players who pay get too much.

I like the stamina the way it is now, as I said.. it is there for a reason. In an open world mmorpg it would be frustrating having it, blade and soul is HEAVILY instanced, the stamina doesn't disturb me at all.

7 hours ago, LadyGamerluv said:

Honestly with all the many issues this game needs to address, this is at the very very bottom of my priority list, if at all.

If we start saying this in every post then the game goes to hell. How about we delete every thread and from now we allow only these topic titles to be created "bots,hackers,spammers,endgame sucks,lag issues,ping spikes,low fps,game sux,game is p2w". Sorry if I forgot any thread title ^^

2 hours ago, SoraTokonome said:

i wish blade and soul allows players to fly later on with a hongmoon skill or something

the world is quite big to explore, gliding just ain't going to cut it

take for example:

this is just my wishful thinking =^.^=

wow, the more i see of this game, the more interested i become in it, this is just... beautiful, simply stunning

2 hours ago, SoraTokonome said:

i wish blade and soul allows players to fly later on with a hongmoon skill or something

take for example:

I can not wait for this game to come out. Its something better than bns for sure. Its on my next mmo listing

5 hours ago, SoraTokonome said:

take for example:

Uhm. Will this be another grindfest/P2W like B&S? If so, no thanks. Fool me once...

I am also for a stamina bar. I also am for a button (which isn't mentioned in the thread) to take players out of combat. I'm fed up of getting stuck in combat in various places.

Heck, as I've mentioned on various threads about this before they can tie it to the Premium ranks: Rank 10 gets infinite stamina, Rank 9 gets 60 seconds sprint, etc. Create an item; if drunk in-game allows you for 30 minutes to have unlimited sprint: Could tie this in with other content.

Allow unlimited sprint in dungeons: There is no reason to make it so players are slower than others and sprinting in dungeons especially the larger dungeons will allow players to enjoy the content much more if they are able to run that content in a faster amount of time (Naryu and Nexus, I'm looking at you).

The new 24man is MASSIVE; giving us unlimited sprint would benefit these areas to allow players to run from one area to the next in a quicker time so more bosses are killed.

As for the person who was being sarcastic about Focus: Focus is NEEDED for combat and you can spec focus regeneration in your builds so you can benefit others and yourself: This does not need a change. Stamina just makes you go through content at a slower pace; giving us unlimited stamina is a benefit.

Sadly; I had asked in a stream once and Jonathan basically laughed and said there's no chance we'll be getting unlimited Stamina. In the original videos for blade and soul you could see characters running and jumping from wall to wall, why are we unable to do this due to this stupid stamina bar that makes you drop to the bottom of a wall in a dungeon?

Also: If they make the excuse that some content isn't meant to be climbed; I'm sorry but it's already possible to climb the tallest trees, on top of the bases in Misty Woods, the Castle in Zaiwei (though, there is an invisible wall up there...) Skypetal plains and PVP could be a lot better with unlimited sprint: Allowing players to finally get away from them darn terrors.

I can not wait for this game to come out. Its something better than bns for sure. Its on my next mmo listing

Same here; super hyped for Moonlight Blade and am hoping it gets a Western release announced soon.

What you are saying is making running a default mode. From level 1 onward. By whatever reasons, the games normally wants you to move slow. I am playing Mass Effect now, and going to a different room while running there takes ages.

The better running requires crafting a purification Jar, which is pretty trivial tbh. 

Just like the better focus management requires an unlock of an HM skill, at least for one class I play. 

Making running unlimited for Level 10 paying customers will set back normal subs and F2P even further seeing how they have probably used a fair bit of those $700 for gear that by now has become impossible to get. Now, not only we'll be denied access to the drops and one-shot, we'll also be firewalled in the dungeons as well, because OMG we do not run fast enough.

hehe, i want to clarify something about my vid post up there

B&S is a very good game in my opinion (i'm ignoring the problems in the game for now), i really like it

i for one don't mind having unlimited stamina but also do see a reason why only GMs should have it

since B&S has such a massive world to explore, borrowing some amazing aspects from other games (ex. moonlight blade flying) will make B&S more fun to play

besides, at the end of the current story arc, we are "flying" up to heaven's mandate to fight jinsoyun

oh, fyi, each class gets their own flying motion in moonlight blade =^.^=

On 7/16/2016 at 1:58 PM, WLraik said:

\

2 - in KR you pay for HOURS (confirmed by Praetor19, a known streamer that plays on KR server), so the most hours spent in-game, the more hours you have to buy. (This is why Team Bloodlust developed things like Bay-Lee, where you spent A LOT of time waiting). So, in KR making players waste time running around = more money for them.

\

While this is true KR can also be purchased by a day amount subscription as well

Archived