SPAMMER Completely Out of control

Nitblade

Please for the love of my remaining mental sanity, NCSoft, Do something about the Incessant Bombarding of Gold Spammer in both Factions Chat. I'm currently blocking over 10 a day. It has reached a ridiculous level of quality Nuisance for the players.

It is past the time for you to put Live GM's to monitor Faction chats on servers and Live Ban the offenders.

Seriously in the last 12 hours I banned 17 Spammers (added the last 2 while I was typing this mail, really)

2 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

The situation got a bit more noticeable since the link was done and now there are 2-4 server's worth of bots spamming chat.

Pretty much. Its January/February quality gold spam madness, 2-4x.

In laymans terms for those not following, instead of having to deal with and block 1 servers worth of gold spam, you're now required to deal with/and block 2 to 4 servers worth of gold spammers depending on how many servers yours got linked to.

FFS NC, you just cant get out of your own way now cant ya? Its like you're trying to annoy us any little way you can just to see what our pain threshold is.

Death by  thousand paper cuts.

Just a little update.

I logged in at 10pm to get a near 24 hour window (logged from 10pm to 12:30, then from 10am to 3pm), on Server Old man Cho

New Spam List Ban number 22...and that's only on Cerulean side. I don't even wanna know how bad it is on the Crimson side.

Really, NC Soft NEED to ACT

Death by a thousand cuts. I was trying to tough it out until I got  to the end of the story, but this server merge is the last straw. As in OP the spammers are out of bloody control with you having to spend the first 2-5minutes of the game blocking spammers and while I haven't noticed any further decrease in chat maturity, I have noticed that I'm getting disconnected very frequently. I got dc'd 3 times in the past 40 minutes prior writing this. To make matters worse getting dc'd doesn't mean you just get kicked to the character selection menu, nor can you quickly alt+f4 to close the game. No unless you exit out, launch task manager and end the process you have to wait for the game to realize that you got disconnected which can last up to what feels like a minute, then wait for the game to fade to white and close, then relaunch the game, make it do its startup check, then take another20ish seconds to load, then enter your pin again, then load your character....and of course if you decide to play an alt you have your mandatory 2mins spammer blocking...then the game freaking dc's you again either while you're in a dungeon or just after you've killed the boss, while looting the corpse.

*cricket* everything except the story and character designs of this game.

Weird. I ban from 0 to 2 gold chat spammers per day since the servers link patch, from the sf patch til the link patch I had even days of not seeing gold chat spammers, the only problem was the friend requests which were lie 3-4 per 2-3 hrs., but now I get like 1 frie d request per day from the same name. (EU Windrest) The only place where I get to freq. see gold chat spammers is the arena/dungeon cross-servers.

1 hour ago, Tubby said:

You know how to reallllly stop the spam?  Dont buy gold and dont let your friends do it and they will all disappear like magic

You know how to reallllly stop the spam? Don't design your game around an insane, untolerable grinding and people won't feel compelled to buy gold to upgrade.

What I would like is a increased block; other games also allow you to block terms used by gold spammers: I really want to block the people who keep spamming that gold ufo website. Maybe adding in a feature for this to have players block words and terms used would help this on our ends as-well. 

Also: Increase my block list. 200 is not enough at all; definitely with these server merges.

1 hour ago, Fuz said:

You know how to reallllly stop the spam? Don't design your game around an insane, untolerable grinding and people won't feel compelled to buy gold to upgrade.

if you dont like how the game is designed dont play it? This still gives you no reason to go and buy gold from 3rd parties

What I don't get is why spammers get to spam.  They can spam a channel nearly endlessly where a normal person makes 4-5 comments and is squelched, although only very temporarily.  And what about reporting?  Hundreds of ppl do the report and add to block list the instant the spammers start, yet when I log in an alt an hour or so later I have to add these same spammers to their list too (and why isn't a block list global?).  NC takes forever to shut them down and even then it's only a temporary chat ban so they just cycle them again in a few days.  They just don't seem to care one bit about these guys or doing something about them.  It's almost like they are an official function of NC employees and exempt from the rules...

At the very least take the lazy way out and give us a thousand entry block list.  Still will fill up in a couple weeks but it's something.

On the jiwan (think its group 3) server group lastnight we had 20+ active spammers... They were not being banned they were just realizing that people muted them and added more. I cleared my spammer list a few times lastnight and always there was 14-20 or more spammers on at a time... Before now there would be maybe 4.

Guys, please tell me the name of that free to play mmorpg who PERMANETLY got rid of gold spammers and bots. It doesn't matter what actions they take against them, they will always find other ways of doing their stuff. It is impossible to 100℅ get rid of gold spammers and bots, if the game is free to play. Remember that!

On 7/16/2016 at 0:15 AM, Nitblade said:

Please for the love of my remaining mental sanity, NCSoft, Do something about the Incessant Bombarding of Gold Spammer in both Factions Chat. I'm currently blocking over 10 a day. It has reached a ridiculous level of quality Nuisance for the players.

It is past the time for you to put Live GM's to monitor Faction chats on servers and Live Ban the offenders.

Seriously in the last 12 hours I banned 17 Spammers (added the last 2 while I was typing this mail, really)

NCsoft, NCwest, and Team Bloodlust do not care. They are too busy making money hand over fist via their RNG boxes and Money Market pit. Besides, it is too complicated for them to code in something to stop the spamming. More than likely they are getting kick backs from these criminal organizations that are illegal selling all this gold and other things.

On 7/16/2016 at 7:15 PM, Nitblade said:

u block 10 a day? i block 5-6 every 2 min now..

Is annoying as hell,I can't see any chat anymore ...each time i log in i need to block spammers and make place in my spam list first ,can't salute friends or take my craftings because the chat spam is crazy. Give us a bigger list and get rid of the spammers.ALSO got tired of gold sellers friend request-i block them ,getting message the recipient was not found ,then after 3 mins the same one adds me to friends and so on. PLEASE,NCsoft ,do something.

4 hours ago, Ciocolici said:

Guys, please tell me the name of that free to play mmorpg who PERMANETLY got rid of gold spammers and bots. It doesn't matter what actions they take against them, they will always find other ways of doing their stuff. It is impossible to 100℅ get rid of gold spammers and bots, if the game is free to play. Remember that!

No MMO will ever be 100% bot/spam free, especially F2P wherein new accounts are created every minute. However...

TERA, comes close. In fact compared to BnS, its relatively non existant.

Too bad most of the player pop is also relatively non existant cause boring game is freakin boring...but I digress.

2 hours ago, Arcayne said:

No MMO will ever be 100% bot/spam free, especially F2P wherein new accounts are created every minute. However...

TERA, comes close. In fact compared to BnS, its relatively non existant.

Too bad most of the player pop is also relatively non existant cause boring game is freakin boring...but I digress.

That's probably the reason why gold spammers are not that many in Tera. Why would the gold seller sites bother so much with a fame with low pop

Archived