performance questions.

Roxxout

I posted this in player to player but no one answered.

My BNS runs at around 30-50 or so fps  but i keep getting a little stutter where the game kinda like pauses for like a half second .
im running windows 7 with a nvidia gtx 1080 and a quad core cpu 3.6 ghz 4gb ram on a ssd im adding this info so the answers i get won't be related to my hardware. So questions-  

1- Do different versions of windows have any better performance with this game?  <--Very serious\-.-/
2- Any softwares that can be used to help performance? <--Very serious-.-
3- How do you  assassins sleep at night/day? -These are just jokes-
4- What are you summoners feeding those crazy bloodthirsty tigers? Im guessing pikachus? -.-These are just jokes-

2 minutes ago, Roxxout said:

My BNS runs at around 30-50 or so fps  but i keep getting a little stutter where the game kinda like pauses for like a half second .
im running windows 7 with a nvidia gtx 1080 and a quad core cpu 3.6 ghz 4gb ram on a ssd im adding this info so the answers i get won't be related to my hardware. So questions-  

1- Do different versions of windows have any better performance with this game?  <--Very serious\-.-/
4- What are you summoners feeding those crazy bloodthirsty tigers? Im guessing pikachus? -.-These are just jokes-

Sorry double post.

1. I heard the game runs better on Windows 10, but that's just what I heard.

2. I don't know the answer to that. I'm playing this game on a mid-tierish laptop with no additional software and I get 30 average with some place at 60+ or bad places with like 15+. Also, I run Windows 10...just in case you were wondering.

3. I'm not an assassin so normal sleeping hours for me.

4. I'm not a summoner, but those cats sure are vicious...and big.

ye its kinda weird when Doom runs smoother than bns on my laptop. But it seems to me that every single 'new' MMORPG has such problems. (maybe except d3 which i didn't tried, but i somehow belive that blizzard is responsive enough to not relase unoptimized product.)

15 hours ago, Roxxout said:

I got no help for you.. personally, when I started back in Feb, I had this problem.. it learned to live with it, and around level 35, it stopped.. Not sure why.

It was then fine.. no FPS stutter at all.. until the patch on last thursday, with the merge..

Now it's way worse than it ever was back when I started.. and I'm pretty close to just saying screw this game.

15 hours ago, Roxxout said:

The stutter is caused by the games RAM requirements spiking every so often, if you use chrome I would close it while playing as it eats RAM up like nothing. I would also suggest an older version of game booster if you can find it (Before they became "Razer game booster"). Windows 10 has reports of performance increase, probably because of the operating systems more-modern coding, but I cannot confirm as I don't use it.

The only things the stuttering is connected to - I noticed - was the length of time you play the game, and the amount of people on your screen at once. Longer you play the game or more people on your screen, the more likely it will spike, and boy will it spike HARD.

41 minutes ago, EmporerTrump said:

The stutter is caused by the games RAM requirements spiking every so often,

The only things the stuttering is connected to - I noticed - was the length of time you play the game, and the amount of people on your screen at once. Longer you play the game or more people on your screen, the more likely it will spike, and boy will it spike HARD.

I find it more likly to be because of horribly use of CPU, I've never once seen my RAM usage spike above 75%..

My game caps out at about 40% cpu usuage (that is 2 cores, the full 25% on the primary one, and then 10-15% usuage on a 2ndary core)..  

EDIT: As I should have mentioned this.. the cap of 40% cpu, is anytime I'm in combat, that include other players.. Whenever I am running around solo, or not doing stuff, the game seems happy to use upwards of 50-60% cpu, and loading screens get to use over 80%..

fps stutter, atleast for me.. is something that starts as soon as the game is launched, and I always relog every couple hours, so the memory leakage, that some reports in this game (which, I again, have not seen), is not a factor.

Not sure if any of these were fixed, but here are some past resolutions that may help you:

We are currently investigating an issue where certain services are causing issues with the Blade & Soul Client.  We are working hard on a fix to address these issues, in the meantime we recommend disabling these services via the below steps:

If you are having issues with the Blade & Soul client crashing to desktop, try disabling the Razer Chroma SDK Service and Razer Game Scanner Service.

Steps to turn off Razer Chroma SDK Service and Razer Game Scanner Service:

Press CTRL, ALT, DEL and open the Task Manager

Select "Services"

Locate "Razer Chroma SDK Service" and select it

Select the "Services" button on lower right

Locate "Razer Chroma SDK Service" again, select "Actions" then "Stop"

Select "Actions" again and choose "Properties"

Open the "Startup type" drop box, and select "Disabled", then “Apply” and “OK”

If you are experiencing issues with skill delay, turn off ASUSGameFirstService:

Hit the START button, and in the search box type: services.msc

Locate "ASUSGameFirstService"

Right-click "ASUSGameFirstService" and got to "Properties"

Change the "Startup type:" option to "Disabled"

Press "Apply", then "Okay"

This service may also be displayed as "cFosSpeed" "XFast LAN" or "Gigabyte Speed"

On 16.07.2016 at 5:17 AM, Roxxout said:

1. I heard the game runs better on win 7. I have a i3 3225 dual-core 4 threads 3.30GHz, nvidia gtx 650 ti, 1tb hdd and I get alright performance pretty much everwhere with graphics all to maximum + 4 FXAA. Only in ssp i get 15-25 fps with many around me and ctrl+f. And i use ctrl+f in dungeon boss battles. And i have win 10. 

2. Google. If your cpu has more threads then unpark cpu (tho im not sure that helps since the game runs on only one core from what i heard). Uninstall your antivirus if you have avast or avira. Those 2 were giving me stuttering. Windows defender is all you need if you have win 10 and you are a normal dude who doesn't download torrents all day or stuff like that. There is also a guide worth trying out using nvidia inspector. Here, let me give it to you. 

Also there is this software which you should get rid of. Here is a link which explains more. https://m.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/41hg3o/psa_if_you_have_extreme_pingskill_lag_in_blade/

Another thing worth saying is that my game runs smoother with antialiasing on and everything to max(and every optional box checked like bloom and stuff like that), than without aa and everything minimum. Without having aa on and everything to max i get stuttering. (That shows how good the engine is)

Also make sure the game is installed in the partition and hdd/ssd where the windows is. 

Razer Cortex is a game booster software worth trying for low-end pcs. Give it a try. (Did nothing for me, might for you who knows)

Turn vsync off and make the max fps from game from 60 to 120.

Give the game realtime priority/affinity from task manager when you run it and check every cpu core to be used.

3. I play bns at night, at day i sleep pretty bad because i don't get the much needed rest. *gamer's life*

4. I... Hate.... Summoners

I hope i helped you somehow. Keep me up to date. Tell me if a anythi g fixed your issues and try everything i said.

As a last resort you make a supp ticket, but... But but. Not worth, trust me. But who knows. 

Goos luck! ^.^

EDIT: Sorry for grammar and typo issues. I was sleepy and I was writing from phone. Ain't gonna fix 'em.

Forgot to say that with every graphics settings to max, +aa 4/ + every box checked, i can get to 100% gpu usage and makes the game run smooth and fps up. With them to min. I get low usage to both cpu and gpu, stuttering and low fps. Get rivatuner and see your pc statistics livr in-game while playing. This way you will see what changed and what didn't.

Also I want to suggest you something which I might not be allowed to here, and that is GPU overclocking. I oced my gpu with +120 memory and +80 clock (not sure, still on phone) and i got around +10 fps more.

Archived