Forums

Swimwear after july 20th update??

Hydralisk

Ok, so im hearing from others,  that a few hours ago, while i was afk, there was BnS TV stream, and in it were the mentions of new swimwear being added after the july 20th update, but you wont be able to buy it from the store...there will be an event tied to it and you'll have to farm it, kinda like the fated bond mushroom vipercap event...is this true or is someone just trolling me lol?. If its true thats very stupid because i specifically want to buy it...i dont want to wait like 2 and half to 3 weeks to get it like faded bond, school will be starting back, people will be going back to work, getting off vacation, etc, and wont have time. Yeah its a nice way to give it to free players, and im fine with that, but that wont make any sense for them to make a 1-2 month event knowing people have been demanding new swimwear, and ofc arent going to want to wait +3 weeks to obtain, there is no reason why it shouldnt be in the cash shop, atleast a reskinned/recolored version...afterall isnt that hurting NCSoft's pockets?...

Just now, Hydralisk said:

WTF...why....and collecting feathers....that is in no way an easy thing

1) OFC they arent account bound

2) very little drop

3)you can only enter heavens mandate once a day

4)NO-ONE has ivory dragon scales, making almost impossible to do the dungeon

5) only way to get the feathers is from mandate

6) i dont want to wait, and dont tell me im impatient, because others dont to eithe

7) dont expect to be able to collect mass amounts of feathers from the event in a short period of time (1 week = short period)

8) Dont expect for you to already have enough feathers when it comes out

9) some other B.S. that will just make it more difficult and irritating

Did you throw away those feathers that you got from Mandate so far? You had time to farm them already, it is your fault if you trashed them without thinking you would ever need them but on the other hand how should you have known. If you cannot farm then yes you are impatient but I understand it also since the outfit is something many people wanted but I like it this way since it's still pretty easy to get.

WTF...why....and collecting feathers....that is in no way an easy thing

1) OFC they arent account bound

2) very little drop

3)you can only enter heavens mandate once a day

4)NO-ONE has ivory dragon scales, making almost impossible to do the dungeon

5) only way to get the feathers is from mandate

6) i dont want to wait, and dont tell me im impatient, because others dont to eithe

7) dont expect to be able to collect mass amounts of feathers from the event in a short period of time (1 week = short period)

8) Dont expect for you to already have enough feathers when it comes out

9) some other B.S. that will just make it more difficult and irritating

13 minutes ago, 854450_1452550237 said:

bd8ea706b7.jpg

that is the the swimsuit.

http://puu.sh/q33ll/5bbc529402.jpg

Well just saw your post....im sure that white feather will be some b.s. rng drop that will only take 4 weeks to get with luck bestowed upon us from the gods '-'...thats even more irritating because thats the one i specifically want....

11 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

i Did you throw away those feathers that you got from Mandate so far? You had time to farm them already, it is your fault if you trashed them without thinking you would ever need them but on the other hand how should you have known. If you cannot farm then yes you are impatient but I understand it also since the outfit is something many people wanted but I like it this way since it's still pretty easy to get.

I never trashed them...i was thinking you would need them for legendary up the line(not what we have now, but in future updates) i just made a SF ofc and now i dont have as many as it seems i should due to them being char locked on my FM

And it looking easy...thats what they want you to think...there's no way, it looks to be the same price of those sparkling hexagonal gems....theres no way it will be a 1-3day thing D:

57 minutes ago, Hydralisk said:

If its true thats very stupid because i specifically want to buy it...i dont want to wait like 2 and half to 3 weeks to get it like faded bond, school will be starting back, people will be going back to work, getting off vacation, etc, and wont have time. 

Nice job once again proving people will complain no matter what Ncsoft does. Usually people are angry when they have to buy things.

7 minutes ago, GreenDestiny said:

Nice job once again proving people will complain no matter what Ncsoft does. Usually people are angry when they have to buy things.

Lol, wait till you see how we'll have to get them, you'll complain too :v

5 minutes ago, Hydralisk said:

I never trashed them...i was thinking you would need them for legendary up the line(not what we have now, but in future updates) i just made a SF ofc and now i dont have as many as it seems i should due to them being char locked on my FM

why not just buy the costume on your old main and transfer the swimsuit over to your sf with the costume tickets... I mean however right now. You would have enough time to gather up feathers...  on your sf Since it requires at least 5, 5 or 8 black feathers.

As for the white feathers... just re-watched the twitch stream. They are actually eel weapons which you will get upon doing certain or daily quests... They  could be also be obtained the daily challenges as well, I think? 

Once you obtain this weapon,  you will then have to level it up with these coral reef things or shells I guess... which again... you will get from doing certain daily quests. The weapon will have to be a certain level to trade for the items you want. The weapon does have a chance of breaking and if it breaks it will turn into these red coral tings that you can save up and use them to trade for certain items. The summer time swim suit and sapphire are one of them. Or you can just buy the mats from the HM store... so there's that.

18 minutes ago, 854450_1452550237 said:

why not just buy the costume on your old main and transfer the swimsuit over to your sf with the costume tickets... I mean however right now. You would have enough time to gather up feathers...  on your sf Since it requires at least 5, 5 or 8 black feathers.

As for the white feathers... just re-watched the twitch stream. They are actually eel weapons which you will get upon doing certain or daily quests... They  could be also be obtained the daily challenges as well, I think? 

Once you obtain this weapon,  you will then have to level it up with these coral reef things or shells I guess... which again... you will get from doing certain daily quests. The weapon will have to be a certain level to trade for the items you want. The weapon does have a chance of breaking and if it breaks it will turn into these red coral tings that you can save up and use them to trade for certain items. The summer time swim suit and sapphire are one of them. Or you can just buy the mats from the HM store... so there's that.

Ah ok...you guys make it sound easy...knowing my luck...the weapons will break on stage 1

13 minutes ago, SoraTokonome said:

hmm, so far i've saved around 150 mandate feathers

i just hope this is enough for the bikini x.x

i really want to wear it on day one

Tomorrow ill have +50 on my SF, and i think i have 70-80 on my FM...hopefully ill be able to enjoy that outfit aswell, along with those gems :)

Guys! Calm down.

You only need like 8ish black feathers per item in the event. Every one is definitely less than 10 feathers. That's barely anything over the course of the event.
And if your event weapon keep breaking, it will give you items that accumulate and then you can use those items to buy some of the same event items (including the swim suit, gem, and nebula stone). So either way, the swimsuit won't be hard to get and other items are still obtainable whether you succeed or not.

I wouldn't mind having the second option of buying the outfit directly from HM store with Ncoins or HM coins. In my case, I only have 1 character on my account that is capable of doing the quests and farming the items needed to exchange for the outfit. However, I would also like the outfit on my 2 other lower leveled characters as well. I don't think I'll have the time to level the alts up in time and farm for the outfit before the event is over.

If they made the outfit and sunglasses account bound, then maybe I can farm 3 outfits on my main and mail the extra ones to my alt. But I guess we will have to wait and see.

10 minutes ago, Mom said:

Great, favorite swimsuit, get it from pve only so us pvpers yet again forced to pve. 

Who keeps coming up with these dumb ideas I really would like a talk with them.

Usually events like these are always pve though. :/

22 minutes ago, Mom said:

Great, favorite swimsuit, get it from pve only so us pvpers yet again forced to pve. 

You mean, like how they have those PvP only outfits for those who love them but only like to PvE?  :p

It goes both ways.  

1 hour ago, Mom said:

Yeah i can see what you mean, im fine with pve aspect i guess...im just hoping it doesnt take like 40 weeks to get -_-

if it takes 40 weeks to get, i'm leaving lol x.x

i just hope it takes max 2-3 days to get the new bikini for jin class

i really want to dress my character up fast!!

on another note, KR and TW are both releasing this one on 7/20:

m12568466602.jpg

i just hope we get this one too this year and not next year

this one is by far the best one for jin (F) in my opinion

and i will $50 just for it =^.^=

There will be 2 ways to get the outfit, and 2 ways to get the accessories: Both using the event.

The first way is to level a Weapon (Oceanic Weapon) which you buy for 30 silver and upgrade it to the specific stage needed (each item in the event will need different stage Oceanic weapons). You only need to level 1 weapon. You also need 3 Feathers. (if I looked at the livestream correctly, it was a sad blurry). This is for the outfit; you will also need 1 weapon and 3 feathers for the Sunglasses as-well.

The second way is if the weapon transmutation fails you will get Crushed Coralite: You will need 150 of these for the Outfit and 55 for the Sunglasses.  I am unsure how much Coralite you get from a failed weapon.

On 7/16/2016 at 0:59 PM, Brand X said:

You mean, like how they have those PvP only outfits for those who love them but only like to PvE?  :p

It goes both ways.  

It's the same? We had what...2 pvp costumes that only a FEW people can get hitting top rank.

So don't say it's both ways when pvp only a selected few will get them.

@Jem 

Which is another stupid idea they keep coming up with and not just doing something so simple and putting them in the cash shop.

8 minutes ago, Mom said:

It's the same? We had what...2 pvp costumes that only a FEW people can get hitting top rank.

So don't say it's both ways when pvp only a selected few will get them.

@Jem 

Which is another stupid idea they keep coming up with and not just doing something so simple and putting them in the cash shop.

Not everyone will get the PvE outfit and it's still PvP content to get the outfit.

Archived