Server Merge is Awesome!

DannyInfect

So I see a lot of complaining about it and I wanna give some positive feedback for the devs, I'm in the Jiwan server with Soha and Dochun and it has been amazing! So before, Jiwan was just CO and the CL never stood a chance. Now it's like a battle to fight for SSP which I really like (except for the lag) occasionally CL will win and occasionally CO will win which is what I like to see. Misty Woods activity has increased a ton to where blackwyrm is being killed often and the terrors are being killed. I enjoy having all the new players and clans I get to meet. Now I don't know how other server merges are doing, but Extraordinary job on this NCsoft! Game is a lot funner now :D

Good to hear that there is a succesfull merge among all these server merges. My group (anglers watch) got trown into a crimson dominated merge, so not much has happened except for boars dieing in 5 seconds (not lying), and getting keys(chests) with 600 ap is becoming even hard. NCsoft didnt really think about this, how are people on my server gonna get moonstones when they are new to the game or if they have low ap? It's even harder then before...

I never was a fan of these merges, and my opinion hasnt changed..

2 minutes ago, Grimstar said:

Good to hear that there is a succesfull merge among all these server merges. My group (anglers watch) got trown into a crimson dominated merge, so not much has happened except for boars dieing in 5 seconds (not lying), and getting keys(chests) with 600 ap is becoming even hard. NCsoft didnt really think about this, how are people on my server gonna get moonstones when they are new to the game or if they have low ap? It's even harder then before...

I never was a fan of these merges, and my opinion hasnt changed..

Gotta find a party to work with. and also you can't blame NCsoft for your server being one sided, blame the community of your server. NCsoft makes an update to make thing more fun. your server decides to all go Crimson, so it's your community's fault for making the update "suck".

NA Group 3 is pretty good.  I saw some excited CL from other servers who could not ever do their dailies before, now talking about how nice it is.   There's quite a battle, CL is still (coming from a server that was already CL dominant) the dominant faction but it's a nice fight sometimes.    

I did all my dailies fairly easily today on an alt.    So not legendary or anything.   It shows the factions as even amounts joined right now, but I definitely do not welcome 3 servers worth of spammers spamming faction chats.    Crimson Legion is where it's at though!!!   I mean, CO is like a greedy government, why would you even want to fight for them anyway?   XD

2 hours ago, DannyInfect said:

So I see a lot of complaining about it and I wanna give some positive feedback for the devs, I'm in the Jiwan server with Soha and Dochun and it has been amazing! So before, Jiwan was just CO and the CL never stood a chance. Now it's like a battle to fight for SSP which I really like (except for the lag) occasionally CL will win and occasionally CO will win which is what I like to see.

Just wait till one of your Factions realizes that the most profitable way after the merger is till wait till the other caps and then wipe out the mining channel asap. Then rinse and repeat on every other channel you get. Then revenge attack will start. In a day or two you will have zero mining going on. That's what happened on Poha/Iksa one hour after merge.

I stopped trying to finish my daily 3 hours into this. Tried on APAC time, thinking maybe SEA is more practical, but it was exactly the same.

5 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Just wait till one of your Factions realizes that the most profitable way after the merger is till wait till the other caps and then wipe out the mining channel asap. Then rinse and repeat on every other channel you get. Then revenge attack will start. In a day or two you will have zero mining going on. That's what happened on Poha/Iksa one hour after merge.

I stopped trying to finish my daily 3 hours into this. Tried on APAC time, thinking maybe SEA is more practical, but it was exactly the same.

Same thing is going on with Mushin/OMC.

I don't want to be the pessimist here! But the thing is when the game started it was just like this. Open faction was fun! we had a lot pvp, ganks, clan wars and then players realized it was much better to merge in one faction rather than to care about silly wars that wont earn you nothing. At least im referring to Old man cho.... players went all crimson even the big cerulean mouths left and went crimson for the same reason. Those of us who stayed were always behind gear/money wise. But i have to admit it was fun to kill a bunch of reds while they were doing Blackwyrm.

Is just day one! lol That doesn't mean is going to be like that from now on. As far as i can tell OMC crimsons were whining the whole day that they couldnt do SSP and lags/disconnects etc. It is nice to see some faction wars after so many months being one sided but i take it with a grain of salt. Enjoy it while it last if the merge is  "a good thing" for your group!

12 minutes ago, ZackGTie said:

Is just day one! lol That doesn't mean is going to be like that from now on.

Again, with the way the SSP rewards are structured, rewarding the mining nukes by both the chests and keys, there is no reason for it to stop. The Faction that caps are going to be considered idiots and profaned in chat as mining peasants that cannot PvP, then attacked and wiped out, then hounded down the channels' list.

Nevermind that the attackers have every advantage since the other guys are struggling to control the field and to fight powerful NPCs. But, whatever.

You cap, you are an idiot and a pleb now.

The difference is that before the merge on the low populated servers, the population was so small, that the channels were never full, there were only two of them, so the moment they were de-synced both factions might as well mine their own. Also, just two or three geared individuals could make all the difference in either cap or protecting the mining.

With the high population, the channels are constantly full, and even the smaller faction has enough geared psychopath to form a raiding group large enough to wipe the drills fast. The defense is that much harder to organize because guess who want to mine rather than raid? We, the 500's folks, not they, the 700s....

3 hours ago, DannyInfect said:

So I see a lot of complaining about it and I wanna give some positive feedback for the devs, I'm in the Jiwan server with Soha and Dochun and it has been amazing! So before, Jiwan was just CO and the CL never stood a chance. Now it's like a battle to fight for SSP which I really like (except for the lag) occasionally CL will win and occasionally CO will win which is what I like to see. Misty Woods activity has increased a ton to where blackwyrm is being killed often and the terrors are being killed. I enjoy having all the new players and clans I get to meet. Now I don't know how other server merges are doing, but Extraordinary job on this NCsoft! Game is a lot funner now :D

Glad to hear your server merge went smoothly. I haven't seen any problems with people from Juwol in Group 6 (Junghado, Juwol, Yunwa), but the people form Yunwa are so incredibly toxic to the game community. I was so excited to meet new players during the merge, but whenever I enter SSP I just see an ocean of reds running rampant trash talking saying they're going to control SSP and that the blues aren't going to get anything. We've been denying their mining phases on and off since the merge yesterday. They're so power-hungry that most of them leave their own 3 mining channels to make sure they stop our 1 channel that we managed to capture after about an hour of PvP. There's no way we can actually mine because even we manage to get like 30ish of us blues out there and succeed a capture, 50-60+ reds manage to invade the same channel to stop the mining. 

@any mods reading this: This problem might solve itself if we were able to get 2 more ssp channels for a total of 6.

32 minutes ago, ZackGTie said:

I don't want to be the pessimist here! But the thing is when the game started it was just like this. Open faction was fun! we had a lot pvp, ganks, clan wars

True faction/clan wars are fun. When crimsons in Group 6 have trouble destroying a drill or npc, they unflag (take off their faction uniform) until the 2 pigs and terror stack up, and then they let them loose so that we have to kill 3 bosses at once, and then they run in and raid us. (Unflagging to disrupt another faction in a faction pvp area is a bannable offense btw -- If you don't believe that then send NC a support ticket). That's not faction war in the slightest. They already outnumber us like 30 to 100-150 among the 4 channels. They really have to resort to a bannable offense to overpower us? That's pathetic -- they're already at an advantage having bosses there to begin with. 

Soha server here. And I can't really say, it does seems even steven at the moment, I can't say I enjoy it since i'm not a pvp type which is strange coming from a person maining summoner (i guess). I just don't know, i really don't know. But I will say I got this uncomfortable feeling sometimes from other servers that makes me shut away from them a couple times. I much as i didn't talk much before the merge, I miss the chat of Soha a lot. It was comforting and nothing to gag over or develop a headache from nonsense. I'm still against this whole server merge. I think a character transfer would have been nicer since people already knew what server dominates what and if i recall, one server was even(?) on both sides(?) sooo i don't know, I simple just don't know anymore. I'm in the most neutral puzzling state, and I haven't been in that state since the 50 cap.

I will say, this whole server merge seem like a big mistake in timing. If it was really important this should have been done way sooner before factions started dominating and not when new stuff is about to come out.

but I guess people having fun, that's all it matters right? As long people are able to get what they needed is okay right? I mean everyone is able to get moonstones and different ways right? Even for the people that just want to save gold by farming their on stuff is okay huh?

*sighs*

I feel bad for anyone that just started this game....yet I do what i can to help them get by, help them get on their feet as I did with friends from Master hong before the merge to help them what they need i.e dung runs for stingers, gears, etc. and a couple times with people before the merge on crimson and cerulean. Top that I have been a solo player since 50 cap, doing things on my own and still can.

so gl to everyone in their groups and enjoy the game the best you can. I'm surely will regardless how my group goes in ssp and regardless how slow it'll take me to get moonstones just to do some upgrading. I'll do what i can and i'm surely some of you guys can do

P.S Do you guys think we should earn moonstones besides open world pvp? I saw a thread talking about earning them through arena/daily quest but then i thought maybe good yet bad, good we can finally get moonstones pve wise, bad cause less people will do ssp and would rather just wait the next day for daily reset to get more moonstones. I think moonstones from arena is okay but they need to get rid of bots period, ban IPs and get rid of multiboxing. 

merge was cool at first i was overwhelmed with panic but then i finally did buy my 90 day premium!!

i been spamming my old server for like 4 months to buy 90d vip and non of our cash shop guys wanted to help

at the merge i got so many pms :D

I honestly can't really enjoy the merge either, as getting credit on SSP bosses has become a complete struggle :/

For those who need lots of Soulstone and Moonstone, it just creates more of a hassle unless you enjoy doing 2 or 3 runs of SSP to finish your dailies.

23 hours ago, DannyInfect said:

Dont forget to visit ncsoft office to get ur paycheck for ur possitive feedback the moment thst half eu lag n dced 

Lmao ppl

Forgot to say now its 4 servers in so few channels n ppl cant even do their quest.

Gg wp ncsoft

The Cerulean in group 3 is just excited to see people in SSP. Regardless, soon they will realized that they are fighting a war that they cannot win. With that said, its not too late to switch to CL before it gets crowded and all Mysterious Farmers (Mysterious Clan) in Soha gets back to the game.

While I understand from what I read that Jiwan is 50/50 CL & CO and Dochun is low populated so it doesnt matter. Soha on the other hand is 99% Crimson Legion.

The only best thing CO can do in SSP is to harass the CL farmers. And thats that. If they're lucky they can get at most 2 Channels. Otherwise they'll be stuck at Channel 1 while CL gets the 5 Channels for themselves.

Edit: That's just about SSP.

On the other hand, SSP aside, its cool to see new faces on dead zones (like Beastbogs & other 24man dungeons).

I'm from Jiwan too, CO, and at first it was hard to adjust to there being more CL around, but after coming to terms with it I have to agree that it is more fun :3 just annoying if you want to do ssp quickly, but if you have the time to hang around there the battles are quite epic :D imo CO still got a slight upper hand but that's just my opinion.

2 hours ago, Aethyr said:

The Cerulean in group 3 is just excited to see people in SSP. Regardless, soon they will realized that they are fighting a war that they cannot win. With that said, its not too late to switch to CL before it gets crowded and all Mysterious Farmers (Mysterious Clan) in Soha gets back to the game.

While I understand from what I read that Jiwan is 50/50 CL & CO and Dochun is low populated so it doesnt matter. Soha on the other hand is 99% Crimson Legion.

The only best thing CO can do in SSP is to harass the CL farmers. And thats that. If they're lucky they can get at most 2 Channels. Otherwise they'll be stuck at Channel 1 while CL gets the 5 Channels for themselves.

Edit: That's just about SSP.

On the other hand, SSP aside, its cool to see new faces on dead zones (like Beastbogs & other 24man dungeons).

I think you are delusional (or not doing SSP at all) , but yeah let's see what will happen. 

And Jiwan was Cerulean dominated who said 50/50 lied i'd say 90/10

I find the merge rather disappointing on iksanun/poharan.  Can't get anything done in ssp and there's nothing but war, even in other places besides ssp.  Faction chat is also unbearable, there's nothing but spam from both bots and players.  At first I just had to deal with blocking bots but now I'm blocking players that spam.

1 hour ago, okitaluc said:

I think you are delusional (or not doing SSP at all) , but yeah let's see what will happen. 

And Jiwan was Cerulean dominated who said 50/50 lied i'd say 90/10

I agree with okitaluc, I spend the entire evening last night in ssp and there was no such thing as CL dominating at all in group 3.

7 minutes ago, BiggFoot said:

I agree with okitaluc, I spend the entire evening last night in ssp and there was no such thing as CL dominating at all in group 3.

Its only been a few days, just have to wait and see what will happen and see how the tides goes. In my perspective no side is dominating nor getting any mining done until i guess peak hours (?) Hmmm its kind of hard to tell just 50/50 people are getting or not getting their faction quest done.  A bit less soulstones to farm unless people getting ton of prestige tearing each others throats out. *shivers* hnng =(

Everything is ok on Windrest, from my pov. Ssp is contested and that's pretty fun. More players, mistg woods way more active. More players, faction chat full non-stop. Only +, no - as of yet. Glad they linked the servers. 

I think people are overexaggerating with the hate feedback, as always. This patch was a much needed one, since manh servers were low populated. But if what ppl say is true (that they linked co servers with co servers and cl with cl) then that might be a grave mistake from that part. I want to see real fights for ssp, not one-sided. No fun if everybody changes to a faction because the other one has no chance of fighting back, y'know

Archived