Esports/PvP in General in EU/NA

Mysaria

Hey all my name is Tenah I'm a PvP addicted Warlock and in the following Topic I will show you my opinion about the current PvP Situation in Blade & Soul NA/EU

Where is ESports working? Or where in general people do a lot of PvP?

- As far as I know the only big PvP Scene of Blade&Soul is in Korea

But what are the big differences from Korea to other regions?

- Pay 2 Play (no Free 2 Play) which allows them to make a lot of stuff easier for the players, as the don't have to gain so much more money through Hongmoon Store

- They start with arround HM 12 after finishing the main quests (Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JOQK34BUTR_55XwnbJOk388gjokrtLZFdhi3vIwXjZc/edit#gid=1112303730 )

And here we are coming to the main point I want to talk about. Atleast we have a few good players in EU/NA but a lot of them quitted the game, for several reasons. So in general EU/NA has the chance for a nice PvP Community, but the problem is old PvPers will quit the game from time to time because they will have longer queues all over, and we won't get so many new players to PvP in BnS EU/NA. Why? - Because the most of them quit when they see they are getting defeated by someone with HM 10 while he was HM 1. So from time to time the PvP Scene in BnS will wipe till there are only more PvErs doing they're Dailys. 

So what is this Thread all about? - It's atleast a poke to NcSoft to tell them they need to change something for PvP

So what is your Idea to change in the game? - After you reach Lvl. 50 Everyone in the F9 Lobby (only while in F9 Lobby, so it's not affecting PvE at all) should get HM 12 Skillpoints 

Why you want HM 12? Wouldn't be HM 9 ok or something in between there? - No as we are getting the next HM Skill on 20th of July we need the same HM Levels as Koreans need for PvP (Me as Warlock would atleast need HM 11 for the new HM Skill)

What would happen if someone is HM 13? - He will be displayed as HM 13 he is HM 13 he got the Skillpoints for HM 13 

What would happen to Bns EU/NA if we wouldnt change something like that to PvP? As I already said before it will turn from time to time into a pure PvE Game, it wouldn't damage NcSoft so far as the most money is gained by PvErs so it is their choice if they want to change something.

That's it from me so far.

Feel free to comment here and start a discussion about this topic.

Greetings Tenah/Mysaria

PS: For all people that don't know me I added my latest Screenshot I made in the rankings to show you that I'm not trashtalkin or something. I made me serious thoughts about this topic.

1P6aJfF.jpg

nice post!
and its absolutely right said in my opinion.

in general getting more skill points (same hm lvl) is a good, easy and not "op" way to make this the same to all players out there. no matter if they just started playing or whatever.

many pvp addicted ppl quittet after they saw that NCSoft is not going to support the competitive pvp in bns.

korean e sports in general have alot more value as it has in eu / na. its growing slowly. also the ppl in general playing bns is by far less as in kr in general.

but i mean even if there is no competitive so far, if no one does pvp there will never be one. quitting is not the way for that.
how many ppl play like COD or LOL everyday (what is also kinda pvp but in another way) and are no competitive players but enjoying it at all? cause there are enaugh players.
and there was never a competitive from one day to another.

as a high ranked player you wait hours in que, and i mean you are high ranked cause you like doing pvp, but at some point it just makes you stop from doing pvp cause you are good. that should not be the point of beeing high ranked. you want a challenge you want fun there. all you need is more ppl.

how to get more ppl? better rewards for ppl at all. making ppl a little "sugar" for doing pvp and beeing good at it. making it fair for new and old players to make the pvp community grow and having fun.

of course i think nobody should get sugar in the ass just because he is doing pvp.

but that would be just a fair way for all players keep the scene growing slowly and be a part of the higher ranks cause all got the same chances.

same as the hm skills. i dont think ppl in arena should all get HM skills (as far as i know all ppl want that, but no region got this rule). but they should be available for humanic zen bean prices for ppl that doing much pvp/arena. for achiving them for what they do. like they pve players do with their gear (what you dont need in arena). or like special exp charms to lvl up the hm lvl better. so you ar enot forced to do dailies and can achive your hm lvl slowly at all.

and maybe better rewards in general would bring alot more players to the pvp scene at all.

some ppl are just not made for pvp, cause they cant lose and dont have the will to be better and climb in rankings. cause no one can be pro from one to another day. you need alot of knowledge of skills and characters. you need to learn and your and the other classes and your skills.
what will be 2 much for a new player. and you achive alot more by doing pve currently.
cause pve is a lot "easier" in this game at all. and you know ppl are just like "i like to do less and get much".

but the situation in bns in general makes me sad cause ppl are only crying about the game and nc soft at all no matter if pvp or pve. its "p2w" but no one forces you to need anything in shop to clear any content we got. we are overgeared af but ppl always want max and are never happy. its an asia grinder mmo. you need 2 work for getting stuff. if you dont like that kind of games then this is just the wrong game for you. there is nothing wrong about the game at all
but nvm thats another topic here.

all i wanted to say its basicly also the community that destroys the game or the pvp at all. there is so much salt.

i dont know if you wake up call will reach any nc soft ppl out there cause many ppl already tried that (reddit and stuff).
but maybe we find some serious ppl that care about this and maybe someday ncsoft will do that small changes that bring so much 2 it.

overall would be nice:
- a kinda equal hm lvl (as he already said)
- better rewards for good pvp ranking
- better rewards for zen beans
 (special exp charms, hm skills - so ppl are not forced to do pve for getting their important pvp stuff and getting it also by farming zen beans. like the pve dudes do pve for their 
 gear)

just small things that could change alot.
hope for the best here! go on.

Zorkra

PS: pls dont care my mistakes. i know my english sucks.

Hello
I am a fan of your skills Tennah, however i disagree with most of your suggestions.

1: We are not fully updated with the KR version, mosta skills are not even the same over there from here.
2: They have increased the experince gain in PvP, so now you can actually level while doing pvp.
3: Korean games have been always about grinding and farming, you can't change the core.
4: H.M skills can be obtaimed, farmed by doing PvE and PvP, you're asking players to farm for a H.M skill that they won't be able to use in PvE and use in PvP, i don't think that will work the way you think.
5: There are classes that must use H.M skills to be able to actually do something in pvp such as Warlock, and some classes don't even need them, actually they get 10x OP with H.M skills.

Many many reasons for NCsoft to ask you to wait alittle on their plans, i think they will do eSports after being fully updated with KR.

Again Tennah, big fan, and i wish you the best of luck

2 hours ago, Hamoud said:

Hello
I am a fan of your skills Tennah, however i disagree with most of your suggestions.

1: We are not fully updated with the KR version, mosta skills are not even the same over there from here.
2: They have increased the experince gain in PvP, so now you can actually level while doing pvp.
3: Korean games have been always about grinding and farming, you can't change the core.
4: H.M skills can be obtaimed, farmed by doing PvE and PvP, you're asking players to farm for a H.M skill that they won't be able to use in PvE and use in PvP, i don't think that will work the way you think.
5: There are classes that must use H.M skills to be able to actually do something in pvp such as Warlock, and some classes don't even need them, actually they get 10x OP with H.M skills.

Many many reasons for NCsoft to ask you to wait alittle on their plans, i think they will do eSports after being fully updated with KR.

Again Tennah, big fan, and i wish you the best of luck

1. We are 1 HM skill and 1 or 2 balance patches behind, these patches might be huge for gameplay, but it's not relevant to what Tenah is saying.

2. I have played over 1000 games  since I got HM9, about 30% of them after the patch, and I'm not noticing much difference, the xp gain is still non existent.

3. They need about 1/5th of our experience to level, and on top of that they have higher experience gains in general. This point is completely out of place.

4. Farming the HM skill is rather irrelevant as it would take 5 times as long anyway to farm the required levels to use it, and neither is Tenah complaining that HM skills are too difficult to obtain. It's not fine, but it's not the biggest problem.

5. Every class got HM skills that are very useful to them, this is just confirmation bias.

I think you will be disappointed :)

Its fun how redicolously long it takes to get hm skills threw pvp and then even IF you completely dedicate yourself to pvp and farm ALL OF them with beans you would probably not be able to reach a level to comfortably use them all, witch on sin imo is hm8. If you dont have any hms that would be hm2 to glyph everythig. 5 points decoy + 2 hm rmb + 2 shadow slash. And glyph everything does not mean there is nothing left to glyph. There are still impactful glyphs left up until hm11 or 12.

Basically, you *CANNOT* level threw pvp right now! Would be cool if you could, but its just not an option unless youre *ABSOLUTELY* beyond insane and do nothing but play arena and sleep.

Until hm5 or so it 'works', but then its over and you have to pve or dont even gain a level in a whole eternity.

Well we can not really compare those numbers right now because we do not have same xp gain than in korea.. They may get faster xp in their patch. I do not believe our xp will stay that slow because it make literally no sense. Even if you manage somehow get everyday 1m xp day you can not get hm 15 in year and hm 20 will take over 5 years. But if we purely watch the numbers hm 12 in korea = hm 8 for us, hm 13 in korea hm 10 for us hm 20 in korea hm 17 for us. It does not sound so bad for f2p model. I do not believe our xp gain will stay as bad it is now.

I am currently Hm11 top 10 des on latter and I enjoy arena gameplay and pvp.  However this game has pretty much cornered me into doing mindless dailies and grinding cold storage to the point where i almost hate this game now to get more skill points.

The model for exp for arena is seriously flawed, the amount of experience a player has(hm level) is suppose to reflect a players knowledge and skills in the game.  If you took  a player who has grinded to hm 8 playing nothing but arena and a player who has done dailies and grinded dungeons to hm 8 the skill gap is huge on average.  Arena is the single hardest part about the game because it requires you to have knowledge of game mechanics, player skills and reflexes to react to other player's actions.  Instead of encouraging players to become better players through arena by rewarding them NCsoft made it more rewarding to have zombies mindlessly grind SSP with range classes.  Hence now you get a million complains about needing 650 AP to do Asura 4 and how people dont want to do pugs with lower AP people.  Arena rewards and exp are both extremely lacking.  If you go do your necro 4 daily it takes you about 15 min you end up with 10-15g and 40000exp, if you play solo arena you can finish 3 games in 15 min if your lucky and your rewards are half that if you win all your games.  I understand the developers want people to play all aspects of the game, but right now they are encouraging mindless grinding and letting arena rot.  I disagree with making arena completely equalized people who played 5000 games should have more skill points and hm skills than someone starting out but Arena exp and rewards need to be fixed.  People complain about hm skills but to be honest I can take off every one of my hm skills except maybe 1 and still get top 10, mostly people who complain about hm skills not being obtainable have no idea how to even use their hm skills properly.

- Increase arena rewards so people will be encouraged to play, make it so good so people will want to get better.

- Increase arena exp, a person who plays 4 hours of arena everyday and a person doing 4 hours of dailies everyday should get the same amount or at least close to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived