Forums

Melee Yeti Duo Sin/BD

Nabzy

1 minute ago, KurooSakura said:

Huh? I can do Deep Wound ever ~40 seconds and Bleed every 18 seconds. 

Deep wound does literally nothing to Yeti because it only affects healing skills, which Yeti doesn't have. Bleed only lasts 10 seconds which means it'll fall off and won't be applied again for 8 seconds, which means Yeti heals 60k during that time.

7 hours ago, KurooSakura said:

But my DPS is still good enough to cover that 60k heal ye. 

He still has 12k x 5 heals during 1 bleed stack, which means 120k healing per 18 seconds. That's 2.8 million HP tacked on to Yeti's health.

6 hours ago, Brand X said:

I've never actually seen anyone clamor for FMs in Yeti.  Done it multiple times without FMs as well.

A day doesn't go by where queues are asking "need FM".

Honestly.. I'm better as a bm, Iframing crux + using hm block to protect my party than when I use my FM to tab + v sheath to protecting party(I manage to mess up on that a lot)  I dunno if the delay on my skill is worst on fm or if I just plainly suck at it: I just say both, I think I been playing my bm way too much. 

But that sin! Oh man, must try it on my sin when I level it up! That looks fun, Iframing those crux *A*

But what I'd like to know is, what key do you guys use when your not in hide at all? 

8 hours ago, HungryTaro said:

Honestly.. I'm better as a bm, Iframing crux + using hm block to protect my party than when I use my FM to tab + v sheath to protecting party(I manage to mess up on that a lot)  I dunno if the delay on my skill is worst on fm or if I just plainly suck at it: I just say both, I think I been playing my bm way too much. 

But that sin! Oh man, must try it on my sin when I level it up! That looks fun, Iframing those crux *A*

But what I'd like to know is, what key do you guys use when your not in hide at all? 

There are two main builds people use on assassin. 

Stealth Build: which relies on being able to restealth over and over to do damage using RB F RB F RB F. It's damage output is pretty nice, but falls off when bosses have true sight or you get revealed and temporarily cannot restealth. Example of where this happens: Thunder Dragon in plog sanctum if you aggro any plogs, be ido in Naryu, etc.

Dark Build: Relies on putting 5 stacks of poison on your opponent so that your RB cast is instant, and you ani cancel RB LB and use F when your RB crits. The rotation is LB RB F LB RB F over and over until you need to reapply poison. This build has a higher DPS than stealth build and is more reliable because you can do damage out of stealth in case a boss has true sight or has annoying mechanics that constantly reveal you with a DoT or anything else. The problem with this build is that it's hard to spec enough cc and still have enough poison abilities to keep 5 stacks when your 4 is on cooldown and it's also very skill point dependent. HM 8 and I finally feel like i have enough skill points that I'm not starved. This build excels at long boss fights where you can keep poison stacks on your opponent but falls off on quests or dungeons that require you to kill lots of small mobs because you can't stack poison on all the mobs consistently. Stealthing is better for that, even while specced for dark build.

10 hours ago, Nabzy said:

There are two main builds people use on assassin. 

Stealth Build: which relies on being able to restealth over and over to do damage using RB F RB F RB F. It's damage output is pretty nice, but falls off when bosses have true sight or you get revealed and temporarily cannot restealth. Example of where this happens: Thunder Dragon in plog sanctum if you aggro any plogs, be ido in Naryu, etc.

Dark Build: Relies on putting 5 stacks of poison on your opponent so that your RB cast is instant, and you ani cancel RB LB and use F when your RB crits. The rotation is LB RB F LB RB F over and over until you need to reapply poison. This build has a higher DPS than stealth build and is more reliable because you can do damage out of stealth in case a boss has true sight or has annoying mechanics that constantly reveal you with a DoT or anything else. The problem with this build is that it's hard to spec enough cc and still have enough poison abilities to keep 5 stacks when your 4 is on cooldown and it's also very skill point dependent. HM 8 and I finally feel like i have enough skill points that I'm not starved. This build excels at long boss fights where you can keep poison stacks on your opponent but falls off on quests or dungeons that require you to kill lots of small mobs because you can't stack poison on all the mobs consistently. Stealthing is better for that, even while specced for dark build.

Ohh! This helps thank you! 

Yea, I was trying out for dark build although I didn't know the rotation for it.

As for poison stack.. let's see.. I guess I'll need to get HM skill on my assassin, meaning running nexus. Is it hm "shadow slash" - right tree, that you use to keep reapplying poison? The only other poisons beside those are the x2 bomb or bomb + spit poison thing. Wait. .. did I get the names right.. but yeh,  I think my main problem is trying to keep the poison up.

On 7/15/2016 at 7:40 PM, HungryTaro said:

Ohh! This helps thank you! 

Yea, I was trying out for dark build although I didn't know the rotation for it.

As for poison stack.. let's see.. I guess I'll need to get HM skill on my assassin, meaning running nexus. Is it hm "shadow slash" - right tree, that you use to keep reapplying poison? The only other poisons beside those are the x2 bomb or bomb + spit poison thing. Wait. .. did I get the names right.. but yeh,  I think my main problem is trying to keep the poison up.

Okay, so, Dark build is probably going to starve you of all your points because you need a lot of HM abilities for it. But first, let's go over your abilities that stack poison:

4 (T3F1 or T3F4) -- I find poison breath stacks it quicker due to it applying 2 stacks for every crit, so you can start your LB RB F rotation much sooner if you run this instead)

Venom Pierce T4F1 or T5F1)  -- This is in the left tree of Heart stab and activates every time you crit on Mist Slash T5F2 (That requires HM LB from pellet)

Venom Slash (Shadow Slash T5F4) - This activates and replaces shadow slash when you crit with your RB, and can be used twice if you crit the first. (This is HM Shadow slash which requires you to get the book from BSH or get it some other way -- Yes, you also have to do Sundered Nexus to complete the quest to get this. Run Shadow slash rightmost tree to have a 3 second cooldown and hit him all 10 times with it in one run)

Acrid Star -- This is your X that activates upon resisting an enemy attack with an iFrame

Throwing Dagger - in stealth X

Set Landmine - T2F3 

Generally I start off every boss encounter I can with 4, and then cast fighting spirit (V), use time bomb, and then lightning rod (20 focus recovery) to unstealth, and then I have ~20 seconds of 5 poison stacks to just ani cancel with LB RB and use F on every RB crit (which during FS is pretty much every cast). After your focus recovery ends, if you don't have Hongmoon RMB (it's very expensive with the asura ember being worth 700+ Gold), I recommend getting it next as long as you have decent AP to get into parties in cross server. Until you have that, you'll need to rely on Shadow Drain (in stealth 1), Lightning Rod (in stealth 4) and your focus recovery Smokescreen to keep up focus to dish out damage.

Anyways.. back to the rotation: After the poison runs out, you can generally use 4 again because fighting spirit refreshes it, so that'll give you another 10 seconds of 5 poison stacks. Here's where you have to start stacking poison with your other abilities since that's on cooldown. So as long as you're constantly whacking the boss, your RB should activate venom pierce on its own from an LB crit and apply that one poison stack passively, your 3 will do so as well when your RB crits as well. If your 3 crits, then you are golden, because that means you can use it a second time and apply 2 poison stacks instead of 1 (total of 3 now), Afterwards, you can go into stealth and use your X to apply one poison stack. If you are at 4 stacks, go ahead and use your Z to apply the 5th and then use time bomb if it's up to refresh that 5 poison stacks and then 4 to exit stealth.

At any point in that entire rotation you can iFrame with SS, Q, E, or C to gain an Acrid star (x on resist) cast to apply poison. If that happens, save your Z since it has the longest cooldown. If you find yourself only able to apply 4 poison stacks and can't get an iframe off to throw an acrid star, just pop into stealth and RB + F until your venom pierce (RB) or venom slash (3) are back up to apply that last stack. They should be back up before the poison fades so once you apply that 5th stack, pop out of stealth and go at it.

If at any time you feel like you are low on focus, you should be able to use any of your focus recovery abilities. Before you get HM RMB, in stealth 4 is the best for focus recovery, and then smokescreen (but you have to stand in your AoE) and finally, 1. After getting HM RMB, i no longer need to run focus recovery smokescreen and can rely on only my 4 once in a blue moon when I happen to run out of focus. 

Archived