Kimono and yukata style outfits

Teijin

4 minutes ago, Teijin said:

am i the only one hoping the contest winner is of this style outfit if i had the talent i would my self but im no better than a chicken with a crayon when it comes to drawing.

I would very much love to see period and setting-appropriate costuming as a contest winners, rather than the bikinis and girdles.

This is a game set in a blend of China and Korea. Why would there be kimonos and yukatas.... -__-

Once again the common stereotypical Asia = Japan syndrome.

Also, sex sells, which is why they sell bikinis instead of conservative skin-covering Qipaos. Though personally I think a Qipao is 100x more sexy than a bikini because revealing swimwear is as cliched and uncreative as you can possibly get.

30 minutes ago, Melodia said:

This is a game set in a blend of China and Korea. Why would there be kimonos and yukatas.... -__-

Mmgh, it is a distinctively Oriental landscape populated by the Caucasian-looking characters in a blend of costumes that are all over the place. About the only overt references that I picked are the Heaven's Mandate and the whole martial arts school.  But the story has next to no main character development aspects, so he does not really have any national identity or mindset, let alone the one that harkens to a specific period.

I am all for some sort of identity and more of an in-character, distinctive style, so I would take traditional Japanese dress over the pig-tails with short-skirt and stockings any day.

I would not be opposed to the period European wear either, again, seeing how 90% of the characters look Caucasian, and how hard it is to force the character creator to make oriental-looking characters to populate the world.

EDIT: sorry, the lack of Oriental influences in this game is one of very sore points for me. NA-made Jade Empire is just so much better where dialogue and world-building is concerned. You'd think a MMO would be a rich media to create a truly immersive cross-roads world and blend the player creativity in seamlessly with the landscaping, but well, no, not really. So very few interesting characters around, and so much artistic talent wasted to create an army of vacant-faced bimbos in bikinis....

I am totally for traditional/fantasy asian inspired outfits, I miss them sorely in a game with the story and settings that BnS have. Nothing againts bikinis and contemporary/westerner outfits, but I'd rather get immersed in a game and those totally break the mood of BnS for me. Just my opinion, of course... I have no personal need of pixel bimbo clones, I rather play this game for more imaginative (for me) reasons. 

I enjoy having many options and letting the players decide what they want to buy and wear.  If you hate it, then that is just a reflection of the type of players you are playing with. Nothing else in this game seems super immersive oriental world to me.  Kung Fu in whatever you see fit.

2 hours ago, Teijin said:

am i the only one hoping the contest winner is of this style outfit if i had the talent i would my self but im no better than a chicken with a crayon when it comes to drawing.

Well we do have this one which is an awful "kimono" when the jins outfit is extremely short and the gon is just pathetic meanwhile yuns get a perfect one..

nA1wpUI.jpg

We also had this costume designed for a contest (you can see its a drawing)  but clearly It did not win because stuff like night luna and regium corvus were too amazing to pass up ^_^

i1116603985.jpg

even tera has cute kimono concepts not sure if they ever added it

y52rVPbh.jpg

2 hours ago, Melodia said:

So we can have bikinis/ nurse outfits/ Christmass costumes/ hello kitty/ baseball / JAPANESE SCHOOL UNIFORMS/ but traditional costumes such as kimono and yukatas would be too far-fetched to be implemented ?

3 hours ago, Melodia said:

Also, sex sells, which is why they sell bikinis instead of conservative skin-covering Qipaos. Though personally I think a Qipao is 100x more sexy than a bikini because revealing swimwear is as cliched and uncreative as you can possibly get.

I'm pretty sure they have a Japanese client. And a Japanese anime. What's so bad about catering to their audience?

4 hours ago, jones6 said:

I enjoy having many options and letting the players decide what they want to buy and wear.  If you hate it, then that is just a reflection of the type of players you are playing with. Nothing else in this game seems super immersive oriental world to me.  Kung Fu in whatever you see fit.

The problem is that if you run a female character through the game, virtually every costume that drops will deck your character out as a prostitute. From the point you put on that Hongmoon uniform, you will never again go around dressed decently. Really, if there was something OOC for the females, I'd love to see camo or gi where the hoo-ha is not showing and the breasts ain't spilling out all over the place. There're really very few free outfits a female character can wear and stay dressed.

6 hours ago, Melodia said:

And we have Cowbow outfit. Must be a Chinese and Korean-exclusive thing. And they aren't very revealing at all. Yeehaa.

Who care about outfits being from Japan, Korea, Greek, Brunei, or even Africa? As long as they are cool and pretty, and NCSoft finds them sellable, then they will be in the game, regardless of my liking, of your liking, of the guys posted above you, and of the dudes posted after you.

And it's funny to bash people for thinking Asia = Japan. if there is anything to blame, blame that Japanese people has done it great in promoting their culture, enough to make Westerner thinking Asia = Japan. Still better than Asia=China, IMO.

6 hours ago, Teijin said:

It'd be okay, but I've kinda been hoping to have my Castanic Pirate outfit ported over to BnS ^_^

11 hours ago, Trio said:

Well we do have this one which is an awful "kimono" when the jins outfit is extremely short and the gon is just pathetic meanwhile yuns get a perfect one..

nA1wpUI.jpg

Not to mention that females aren't allowed to get a kitsune on her shoulders? I LOVE kitsune -_-

And do they always have to make outfits for Lyn females look oh so kawaii? Can't we wear something elegant or asian warrior-like  for once?

18 hours ago, Melodia said:

B-but even being setting in China we are not seeing hanbok, hanfu or qipao in this game besides Traveler and Autumn Leaves. I would like to see more of the Three Kingdoms style, and that includes outfit that looks like kimono or yukata bc there are inspired in the chinese wardrobe of the 5th century.

18 hours ago, Melodia said:

Cause bikinis, cowboy attire, angel/nurse outfits, high school uniforms, and outfits with headphones and sunglasses totally scream ancient china or ancient korea.  

If you want kimonos, why don't you pray that (or hire) someone will design it for that costume contest? If it wins then we'll get it during another outfit daily wheel. If it doesn't  then that means not enough people want kimonos, such is the way of democracy. :/

oh crap, it's bns team doing the judging. gg.

1 hour ago, Abysmal said:

If you want kimonos, why don't you pray that (or hire) someone will design it for that costume contest? If it wins then we'll get it during another outfit daily wheel. If it doesn't  then that means not enough people want kimonos, such is the way of democracy. :/

oh crap, it's bns team doing the judging. gg.

Well, no one ever said democracy didn't have it's own problems.  Like "Oh hey friends!  I know mine isn't the best for the game, but vote for me!" :p

I think the Dev team will pick the ones that they think will sell the most.

Lol at all the weaboos attacking me for saying this game's background is based on ancient China/Korea. Just because 99% of the game's costumes are completely unrelated to the background, it means you can't have something that actually makes sense?

19 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

And it's funny to bash people for thinking Asia = Japan. if there is anything to blame, blame that Japanese people has done it great in promoting their culture, enough to make Westerner thinking Asia = Japan. Still better than Asia=China, IMO.

Really?

1. When was I bashing people? All I said was the stereotype is people think Asia = Japan thanks to the anime and video game otakus. I find it funny the entire Asian culture is defined by cartoons, hentai and video games. Most westerners even think the Kanji in Japanese is original which I just find amusing

2. Lol congrats on making yourself look like a weaboo by saying Asia = Japan is better than Asia = China. Asia is made of 48 countries and no single country represents it, no need to publically display your Sino-phobia

Archived