Jin Male or Female

Choco Wack

Hi guys I am planning to make a new toon which is an assassin, I'm having trouble which jin looks better. male or female?

I usually pick male toons but the male version does not have a lot of good outfits. They also look a bit odd. Whereas female jins almost look good on most outfits.

When in doubt with character creation, choose the one geared to your orientation. That way it feels less awkward staring at them while in character creation. Further note: female characters in this game have the tendency to look better than most male characters, or at least that's my opinion.

A male. 80% of this game avatars are female. I'd love to see more male avatars.

I also think that Jin males look the coolest in the game.

Lyns are hardly  males, they are preteen boys, and the glued on ears and tails have atrocious clipping problems. Most outfits on them look terrible. So, you run a dungeon, an outfit drops, and I am crying instead of going: "yay!" because, well, he is going to look like he is ready for Octoberfest in the Thundergod. The Cerulean entry-level uniform looks like PJs on the male Lyns, it has frigging bows and bells. Seriously, I just need my rattle to charge the Crimosn with my toy soldiers.

Gon males are disproportionate, and very easy to get wrong when you play with the sliders. It will look good on the creation interface, but get him in the game, and his hands length would be way off, his head will be terribly small, and all that. Their run is absolutely horrible (they hunch over). The Destroyer's axe sort of makes it Okay, but my three attempts at a male Gon FM ended up with a deletion by the time the character hit level 4. No matter how attractive the face was, overall, the character looked really silly in the game.

I have two Jin males, one Assassin (level 16, lol) and one Warlock at level 50. I am finally switching from my main male Lyn to my Jin, and OMG, I am so happy.

He looks great, and everything fits him well. He moves great, and his slim Oriental build, and those emo bangs go with the WL animations just great.

My Assassin, I went with an African/Arabian theme since I was reading about the Ismailis at the time.

One thing about the female characters in this game, it is impossible to make their faces anything but smooth, very young, cartoonish and artificially pretty. If I could make a Sin that looked like one of those awesome dangerous Oriental no-nonsense female types with some texture on the face, I'd go for it. But it is basically impossible. There is just no complexions that allow it, and they look too 2D.

Males at least can look dangerous. The Assassin poses are not the best, but at least with a male you can make him look the part.

26 minutes ago, Kurokazu said:

Proportionate male Gons

Even if you get his proportions okay, he will still run hunched over. I do not find your Lyn mature-looking, and neither any of the species you have posted for that matter. It doesn't mean Lyn is not a pretty child, but he is a cherubic child non-the-less. You are using the smooth, cartoon-like too pretty to be real faces on all your characters, just like the ones on all the female models. I like the males because at least some texture and stronger features and aging/imperfections are possible with complexion/wrinkles options on them. Females have no options at all but the Barbie doll-faces. Males sort of can look a bit less unrealistic and cutsey.

9 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Even if you get his proportions okay, he will still run hunched over. I do not find your Lyn mature-looking, and neither any of the species you have posted for that matter. It doesn't mean Lyn is not a pretty child, but he is a cherubic child non-the-less. You are using the smooth, cartoon-like too pretty to be real faces on all your characters, just like the ones on all the female models. I like the males because at least some texture and stronger features and aging/imperfections are possible with complexion/wrinkles options on them. Females have no options at all but the Barbie doll-faces. Males sort of can look a bit less unrealistic and cutsey.

Well...
Each race has their own particular characteristics. They will be the same no matter what you do, and they are what make that particular race unique.
For Lyn standards, my Lyn is mature looking (like 20's). But Lyns in general will look pretty young because that's part of their race aesthetic.

Aside from that, this is a cartoon game. No character will ever look realistic. It's all Kim Hyung Tae's artwork.
In the end though, what you find aesthetically pleasing is down to personal preference =)

Just now, Kurokazu said:

Each race has their own particular characteristics. They will be the same no matter what you do, and they are what make that particular race unique.
For Lyn standards, my Lyn is mature looking (like 20's). But Lyns in general will look pretty young because that's part of their race aesthetic.

He looks almost seven to me :)

13 minutes ago, frozeran said:

I like my lyn male and his outfits. There are plenty of other mmos with manly characters. Why does every male class have to be a man?

Every male character I make has a balance between masculinity and femininity both in physical appearance and personality.
Idk why people expect male character to be "manly" either. An aged / strong face, facial hair, etc....doesn't make anyone more of a man xD

I appreciate mmos that have male races or characters that lean more towards the "feminine" or "pretty" side, or  at least have that option.

26 minutes ago, Winner said:

Put beard or mustachio.

Will look like a child with glued-on beard

and nope, not every Character has to be manly, but there is a huge shortage of manly men in the game. 

25% of the available species are not available as males, and there is no balancing all-male species, and secondly species lock-out on classes really favours the Lyns 

It is not uncommon for me to run the only male out of 6 in a random party, manly or otherwise.

Brainstorm a concept in your head. Come up with a character you'd want play as (like if you chose a character from a book, except you're the one creating it) and move on from there. Look through all the costumes for both male and female Jins and see if any of them either match your idea, or help inspire a new one.

Like I was originally going to make a female SF. But after looking at the Blue Porcelain outfit on Jin male, it sparked a whole new idea in my head and I love him.

That's what helps me at least if I'm feeling stuck between two concepts.

I see most of male characters are all about cool and young guys, while all female are about pretty and cute girls.

It's rare to see people who actually uses the wrinkle options to make older-looking characters, unless they want to do joke characters.

If you do them right, they can be actually pretty cool and unique. For example, this is a Dwarf Gon.

Screenshot_160410_001_zps7ygq1v0j.jpg

6 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

I see most of male characters are all about cool and young guys, while all female are about pretty and cute girls.

It's rare to see people who actually uses the wrinkle options to make older-looking characters, unless they want to do joke characters.

If you do them right, they can be actually pretty cool and unique. For example, this is a Dwarf Gon.

To be fair, the story line seems to suit the young hero over the old, soon to die of old age type.  I think you even get called young a few times in the storyline.

It's like in TOR.  Sure, you can make someone older looking, but the story lines treat you like 18-25 :p

14 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

It is hard to do older looking males, and impossible for females. I've tried. Normal or ruggedly handsom, in his prime or just interesting, or even just well ordinary is not coming out of that creator. It pops up pretty, pretty or pretty.

i always browse the char screenshots when new ones are posted, and I rarely see characters that stand out from the norm.

i actually like artwork on yunma khan in the game and wouldn't mind more options along those lines.

14 minutes ago, Brand X said:

To be fair, the story line seems to suit the young hero over the old, soon to die of old age type.  I think you even get called young a few times in the storyline.

It's like in TOR.  Sure, you can make someone older looking, but the story lines treat you like 18-25 :p

Well, depend on if you want to be 'suitable" in the story or not. If you go that way, then your character should have a innocent and youthful look at first, then at the end of Act 4, you should use a ticket to change the look into something more mature and life-experienced, to suit a character has who mastered all of Hongmoon Arts and become a Master to succeed the school..

Meanwhile, many people just want to have fun with their character appearance regardless of what the story treats them. Who care if you look even older to Master Hong himself, or has the eyes of a natural-born killer, or happens to look like a weird stick with afro?

Archived