Jump to content
Forums

hows summoner?


Recommended Posts

im thinking of playing this game (until revelation online comes) and i main a summoner (still lvl 45 bcuz i stopped playing a long while ago), ive heard summoner has been getting overnerfed these past few months. so idk if i want to start playing again if my class wil be sucky. (i know there is a summone section, but i know nobody goes on it lol)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ruziro said:

wow im only playing this until revelation too haha. well summoner is still very good it's not a weak class probably the best solo class and good in everything so dont worry about being weak 

oh god. ill be able to play bns once it stops crashing Q_Q. well, hopefully revelation doesnt crash. im gonna be a summoner in that game as u could already guess, it looks cool but theres no cat Q_Q

nvm :/ its crashiing at loading screen xD, looks like ill keep playing riders of icarus (priest ftw) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Teijin said:

hwos summoner hmm.. your currently the meta untill dat KR nerf becomes final and makes its way here.

Why do ppl call the patch that is in KR a nerf? It actually boosts the summer by a lot its exactly the opposite of a nerf. Summoner is still very good only requires some brains to play now and not just faceroll thats why most ppl playing summoners re-rolled cause they cant handle the difficulty level now.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

because its  a nerf and a boost in the same time, I would say sum got re-balanced. It changes a little bit the play style but sum is still desired in parties and sum > sf 

 

i think they are trying to give sf an identity and something which differentiates it from sum but unless the dungeons will have unavoidable damage sf is still crap support wise.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd never compare Summoner and SF.. they are so different.  Which is better pre-patch and post-patch?   Neither.  It depends on the player.  I play both frequently, summoner is easy mode currently and yes that changes (better get those Volume 2's).... but SF has better burst damage down the line, both have good sustained when spec'd right.... support.. it depends.   If you like to run 4mans a lot, an SF is great to have in the party.   Also a Summoner who is mediocre could easily screw up boss fights with cat pins and such at the wrong time.  Someone who can't play SF properly could also with a launch.   It's all about the player.

FM and SF will both be the top damage dealers down the line unless new patches change that, however that is their focus.   Summoner will be more support but right now is good dps because of super sunflower spamming..again don't get used to relying on that because changes are coming.  However if you have a group of FM, WL, SIN, SF... the damage and survivability is going to be insane and if you ask me, it's the ideal party.

I like things about every class, this is however my ideal party setup if all players are good at their class.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ferocious said:

I'd never compare Summoner and SF.. they are so different.  Which is better pre-patch and post-patch?   Neither.  It depends on the player.  I play both frequently, summoner is easy mode currently and yes that changes (better get those Volume 2's).... but SF has better burst damage down the line, both have good sustained when spec'd right.... support.. it depends.   If you like to run 4mans a lot, an SF is great to have in the party.   Also a Summoner who is mediocre could easily screw up boss fights with cat pins and such at the wrong time.  Someone who can't play SF properly could also with a launch.   It's all about the player.

FM and SF will both be the top damage dealers down the line unless new patches change that, however that is their focus.   Summoner will be more support but right now is good dps because of super sunflower spamming..again don't get used to relying on that because changes are coming.  However if you have a group of FM, WL, SIN, SF... the damage and survivability is going to be insane and if you ask me, it's the ideal party.

I like things about every class, this is however my ideal party setup if all players are good at their class.  

Agree.

 

To the sunflower spam: even after the patch you will still be able to spam it easily :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. But the summoner kr change, to me, feels like a pvp buff and a pve nerf. Which makes sense in terms of balancing because summoners in kr werent that great in pvp but were great at pve because sunflower aoe damage. I'm only kind of miffed that they're being chucked towards a support role. I haven't read the notes in awhile. But my impression was that the only large change was that it might be a bit harder to keep the cat alive and you'd have to sacrifice some dps time to keep it alive. And dps will be a bit lower since sunflowers nerfed. So I don't really think the class will be sucky. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ferocious said:

Well right now the royal zen bean skill is better... volume 2 is not so great.   When the patches are up to date (unless there's new ones), it won't be as effective as it is now..making rumblebees very desired to use (as long as you know what you're doing).

Depends n playstyle, i mean the animation cancel with RMB / LMB will generate you 2 focus on crit, combined with the 2 chi cost from super sunflower during overflow it will still let you spam it. but lets see when it actually hits :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Agree.

 

To the sunflower spam: even after the patch you will still be able to spam it easily :)

Well right now the royal zen bean skill is better... volume 2 is not so great.   When the patches are up to date (unless there's new ones), it won't be as effective as it is now..making rumblebees very desirable to use (as long as you know what you're doing).

Edited by Ferocious
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pacma said:

oh god. ill be able to play bns once it stops crashing Q_Q. well, hopefully revelation doesnt crash. im gonna be a summoner in that game as u could already guess, it looks cool but theres no cat Q_Q

nvm :/ its crashiing at loading screen xD, looks like ill keep playing riders of icarus (priest ftw) 

Priest is so slow ,game is full of bugs and you have to relog to see dungeons ,the combat is clumsy and chat in medieval era .Play Icarus made super cute advertising but the fact is we get to play only to lvl 25 for open beta .The combat from mount is a joke as you can't rly hit anything ,skills are super weak and useless scaled on your dmg .GL being a priest there ,i love healer classes but tab targeting and manually targeting kills all fun.not to forget the fact that if you die in dungeons ,you get 0 loot from boss. Riders of Icarus have a long way to be actually,playable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Windy said:

Priest is so slow ,game is full of bugs and you have to relog to see dungeons ,the combat is clumsy and chat in medieval era .Play Icarus made super cute advertising but the fact is we get to play only to lvl 25 for open beta .The combat from mount is a joke as you can't rly hit anything ,skills are super weak and useless scaled on your dmg .GL being a priest there ,i love healer classes but tab targeting and manually targeting kills all fun.not to forget the fact that if you die in dungeons ,you get 0 loot from boss. Riders of Icarus have a long way to be actually,playable.

i already play a priest on that game, not super slow, but i definately see a speed difference between me and mages. i do more dmg than assasins, which isnt suprising bcuz they are complaining about their dmg being bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...