Poharan 24 man is dead, everyone on the forum says so! :O

ander01se

Matter of timing, but I take as a rule of thumb that 24-man areas, unless they happen to be part of Daily Challenge at any given time, are usually pretty barren. Key word being 'usually'. But good to see that at least in some servers there's some activity in the older 24-man. Wish this was true for all of them more regularly.

Wouldn't know about E.Fleet in Master Hong, specifically. It's been ages since I last did that one. Low daily quest limit for the many better quests gold reward-wise doesn't help keeping these older areas appealing comparatively speaking.

We'll see how much more lively these 24-man will become with the upcoming 'merge'.

/Facepalm.

OP, you do realize when people say these areas are empty, they're referring to areas excluding the final boss where all the afk leechers camp at? Obviously lazy people could camp there and wait for everyone else to do the boring work with zero rewards of hunting down 9 bosses that take an eternity to spawn across a huge map. It's impossible to find a party in those 24m places do actually finish your quests 99% of the time.

On Iksanun a couple of days ago, a guildie asked me to run E Fleet with his new toon. We fund one other player there, and on intermittent guy who missed Poharan and seemed to be upset about it. 

I don't think East Fleet has seen that much action in days on Iksanun. A veritable stampede, I tell ya.

Not many people do them due to the fact there isnt much of a point. Ofc there are still achievements there so any achievement hunters will most likely be there trying to get to 1250+. However, you won't see as many there on a regular basis as opposed to before when it came out. It also depends on the server, on Junghado nobody does ANY of the 24 mans unless its for the daily challenge or someone is farming something such as a costume or weapon or accessory.

It's definitely more empty than ever since NA launch.   I'd like to see them add other incentives to doing it regularly.   I run it to help friends on alts but that's about it until a new class is released (if/when).

NCSoft should definitely give some better incentives to revisiting these places on a fairly regular basis.

I like the 24 man areas in general, there's just not much reason to play them after you've leveled up all your characters.    24 man areas should have other rewards, regardless of where they are... rewards that can benefit everyone because these places are FUN when there are some people there and you're done with PVP/Dailies, etc... for the day.    Make it happen NCSoft.   :)

24 man dungeons sound so good.  Back when E Fleet and Nightshade were super active they were a good place to get gold and farm.  These days they are like ghost towns and its not NCsofts fault its the players.

Western players are so lazy they do as little as possible for the maximum reward.  Hence as has already been said they go into these 24 man dungeons kill the absolute minimum mobs needed for their quests and then go afk in the boss area to wait for it to spawn.  Zaiwei Ruins is now exactly the same, no one wants to take the time to kill the small mobs to spawn any of the bosses so they stand and wait till the boss is announced and then run.  In Zaiwei Ruins though the game developers can take a lot of the blame because they even make it easy for people to afk by giving them notification the boss has spawned and even a red portal to port to the boss.

We have another 24 man coming out on the 20th and you can bet after the first few weeks once players learn the mechanics it will also be a ghost town of afkers.

2 hours ago, Cherish said:

24 man dungeons sound so good.  Back when E Fleet and Nightshade were super active they were a good place to get gold and farm.  These days they are like ghost towns and its not NCsofts fault its the players.

Western players are so lazy they do as little as possible for the maximum reward.  Hence as has already been said they go into these 24 man dungeons kill the absolute minimum mobs needed for their quests and then go afk in the boss area to wait for it to spawn.  Zaiwei Ruins is now exactly the same, no one wants to take the time to kill the small mobs to spawn any of the bosses so they stand and wait till the boss is announced and then run.  In Zaiwei Ruins though the game developers can take a lot of the blame because they even make it easy for people to afk by giving them notification the boss has spawned and even a red portal to port to the boss.

We have another 24 man coming out on the 20th and you can bet after the first few weeks once players learn the mechanics it will also be a ghost town of afkers.

Aside from the achievements, what can be acquired from poh/bsh 24 man that would make it worth it for someone to go there? Incase you have forgotten we have new story lines which gets ppl straight to 50. So, the soul shields from there are useless, most of the costumes that are SUPPOSED to drop from there don't (red and black poh hair, white widow mask/blindfold). If im not mistaken there is probably only one quest from each of those that give any half decent amount of gold. So it has nothing to do with oh everyone is just too lazy to do it, people just don't have a reason to go there anymore, hence the reason they also got rid of the old weapon path since people in kr didn't do those dungeons anymore either.

15 hours ago, AttacKat said:

Hint - E Fleet Supply Chain - *1*

When L45 was cap, the channels were typically 10+ and hardly anyone went into the 24 man solo.

Of course no one expects that kind of activity now. But so many people says it's impossible to do the quests there. I just think it's nice to see so many randoms there. :p

16 hours ago, Melodia said:

/Facepalm.

OP, you do realize when people say these areas are empty, they're referring to areas excluding the final boss where all the afk leechers camp at? Obviously lazy people could camp there and wait for everyone else to do the boring work with zero rewards of hunting down 9 bosses that take an eternity to spawn across a huge map. It's impossible to find a party in those 24m places do actually finish your quests 99% of the time.

Screenshot_366.png

Two people hiding behind the minimap and I think there was 1-2 behind me as well. :)

1 hour ago, Abysmal said:

Easy fix: Make Poh costume pieces drop from efleet (@0.1% drop rate). I'm sure that will bring lots of outfit hunters to those old dungeons.

I prefer do the 6man version (much more faster and perfumes worth more) or simple buy the outfit in Zaiwei. 

I prefer pay more than 100G than go waste my time in a old 24man.

Zaiwei Ruins should have a increase in money, then ppl would go there always. (And Beastbog should have a reduce in time)

5 hours ago, Ferocious said:

NCSoft should definitely give some better incentives to revisiting these places on a fairly regular basis.

If NCsoft is going by law of least effort, all it takes is adding the 24-man to an expanded option of daily challenge rotations (7-8 quests instead of just 5) and increasing daily quest limit to 50 or 60 to better accomodate the extra dailies. Really, it's that simple.

Wouldn't even need to offfer more interesting rewards, but these are always a plus, of course.

19 hours ago, Tsuchiryu said:

If NCsoft is going by law of least effort, all it takes is adding the 24-man to an expanded option of daily challenge rotations (7-8 quests instead of just 5) and increasing daily quest limit to 50 or 60 to better accomodate the extra dailies. Really, it's that simple.

Wouldn't even need to offfer more interesting rewards, but these are always a plus, of course.

I'd still definitely like to see better incentives not just having them add more quests in the same place.   I know a lot of people who hit their limit on dailies doing end-game content that's more rewarding overall.. add more quest whether in rotation or not is definitely not going to get most of them over there on a regular basis.   There are so many ways they can reward players more and make it more attractive to end game players...not just people leveling up/gearing up, etc...

23 hours ago, Narukoi said:

Aside from the achievements, what can be acquired from poh/bsh 24 man that would make it worth it for someone to go there?

Siren emblems what I can think off. At a rate 1 per day from a daily on a 6M, I would like the option to get more via the East Fleet. I need 20 for the HM skill, and it is  a pain to get them.

Ever since the siren/pirate path was removed I notice less people were doing e fleet an nightshade 24-man on my server. Now only a hand full of people run it at a time at the most.

They should add the 24-mans to the cross server as well. Then lvl45's an others can run with people in it.

22 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

Siren emblems what I can think off. At a rate 1 per day from a daily on a 6M, I would like the option to get more via the East Fleet. I need 20 for the HM skill, and it is  a pain to get them.

True, however, that is only a reason for those who need it to go there, not those who have acquired those already.

2 hours ago, Narukoi said:

True, however, that is only a reason for those who need it to go there, not those who have acquired those already.

Well, you've asked what's makes it's worth going there, and I have explained why I would have liked to get this option. I am sure I am not alone that needs HM skills.

Just now, DomiSotto said:

Well, you've asked what's makes it's worth going there, and I have explained why I would have liked to get this option. I am sure I am not alone that needs HM skills.

As I stated, that only benefits the people that NEED to go there, what is the benefit for those that no longer need any of that stuff, the good wholesome feeling of knowing you took time out of your day which you could have spent doing needed dungeons, or other things such as ssp, to help someone who most likely has a clan or friends that arent willing to help for the same exact reason, to help them get something?

Archived