Daily challenge event gems.

MCOnyx

Currently we can get 3 gems from event, sapphire, ruby and peridot. Sapphire and Ruby are RNG and depend on the luck,

Peridot we can get when we collect 60 tickets. My request is, if possible for devs to please add sapphire and ruby available through tickets.

This way one can take gem he needs / wants for his 60 tickets and not depend on low RNG chance. Thank you.

3 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Doubt this will happen because those gems generate more cash if they are in rng boxes rather than allow players to get them.

They don't make NC any money when you win them from the daily challenge event going on, and the rate isn't that bad.  including myself 50% of my clan's actives have gotten at least one gem from the event boxes (the hongmoon training pouch or whatever it's called).  

I think your view is needlessly cynical.

12 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Call it cynical but doesnt change the fact that the best gems are good money grabs and they will exploit that

Not sure how you find the Daily Challenge gem thingy as exploitable since every account gets 100 tickets, no more no less. Even if people did make multiple accounts it means they could only get gem on an alt account so it's away from their main character. Also the gems are Hongmoon ones that cannot be sold or traded between accounts.

3 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

Not sure how you find the Daily Challenge gem thingy as exploitable since every account gets 100 tickets, no more no less. Even if people did make multiple accounts it means they could only get gem on an alt account so it's away from their main character. Also the gems are Hongmoon ones that cannot be sold or traded between accounts.

You misunderstand Grimoir's post. NCSoft is "exploiting" the playerbase by making that kind of stuff cash shop exclusive for the most part.

God yes.

I've farmed the Merchant for days and nights in hopes to get the gem from him. I finally get it and learn a few days later that everyone can now get that gem because of the new event.
Meanwhile, that same new event brought 2 new gems that I still haven't seen once despite doing everything every day.
I feel slightly screwed over with how the older gem is now free for everyone by just doing the dailies.

Since Peridot can be obtain for tickets from event (and we can agree that gain Peridot is more pay2get) it would be nice to see Ruby and Spahire to be obtain by tickets. I was left with only 20 unseling charms for pouches and no gem so far....didn't even seen 100-moonstone bundle, only soulstones and stingers (ofc not in 100 bundles).

I don't think anyone has brought up this point. That the ticket exchange peridot / valentine peridot are bound to character, while RNG AP gems are bound to account. So no, I don't think they would allow you to choose, when the peridots are lower in value.

27 minutes ago, Pejczyk said:

They can change it to bound to character, I don't see any problem here.

That's the problem here, NCSoft doesn't want a gem of 100% accessibility to be account bound. They'll give it away for free because it's worth less.

Archived