New Blade and Soul player

Katzamoto

Hey everyone i am new to the game and i was thinking of making an assassin (as i always do in every MMO). Question is should i do it? Is the assassin a good starter class? ANd also if i do what should i watch out for?

Hi and Welcome! watch first your ping.This class is very ping dependant and you might want to know that later content is very hard for melee classes.Personally,for a starter class i would choose a ranged one ,but as you like:) I'd go for force master since is easy to play and efficient .Good luck with whatever you will choose and have fun !

Assassin this game they have a very high learning curve. Their objective is to stack poison and cycle into visible and stealth modes, all of which require the target in specific conditions, such as being behind the target, the target in a crowd controlled status, or simply being poisoned.

However, they're a class with extreme rewards. As the "offensive jack-of-all-trades" they have the highest DPS in the game tied to Force Master, along with offensive buffs, protective invincibility frames, and the ability to sneak their party past trash mobs including teleporting the party from miles away. They have among the best solo capability simply because, until endgame, monsters cannot see through stealth and just stand there to take the brunt of your attacks, and even without stealth they have a good number of self-invincibility frames. In the endgame though, we're literally a must-have class (alongside Summoner) in order to clear certain boss mechanics.
On the downside is their aforementioned poison and stealth conditions and high learning curve, along with poor area of effect skills that hinder them from clearing groups of mobs in a fell swoop, and needing special skill tree unlocks only available in the endgame to be fully viable.
In short, Assassins are practically a god-tier class; we're extremely versatile and flexible to cover almost every situation, whether it be offensive buffs, shielding the party from harm, and/or avoiding risk placed on party members.

For Assassin starters:

3 hours ago, Windy said:

Hi and Welcome! watch first your ping.This class is very ping dependant and you might want to know that later content is very hard for melee classes.Personally,for a starter class i would choose a ranged one ,but as you like:) I'd go for force master since is easy to play and efficient .Good luck with whatever you will choose and have fun !

Actually, outside of one area that's the complete opposite. The current endgame mechanics focus entirely on the ranged. If by any chance a melee is struggling, it's mainly because a ranged class is taking aggro (since their burst is incredibly high) and then constantly running around and forcing melees to catch up; there's a lot of other reasons a ranged can directly hinder melees.

Archived