I must be the only person who opened 500 Hot Summer Chests for Aquamarine

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was running a Necro the other day and some F2P player was bashing on the HM 5 with 580AP and calling him a P2W player and how bad he is and he is ruining the game. It was quite amazing at how salty this F2P guy was.  It's gotta be just out of pure jealously.  I can't think of any other reason to go to that extreme.

Ok time to address some claims. First off 88(OP) you're a liar plain and simple and I am going to use logic to debunk your claims. You say you're rich and make 10k a month I am an economist and financial planner I make more than you make a month and I would never think to spend $30 on this game let alone 500 on this game(now this is just a reference point). Your demeanor and language both suggests two things one you're a kid with no money trying to stoke up a fling or flare from the community or two you are well off and you used your parents money with or without their knowledge. I highly think point one is more probable, now don't get me wrong I personally don't care for your finances and your money is your money use it as you see fit but when I see a lie or fraud I must clarify the problem. Now as an economist I examine peoples money and lifestyles, of all the well off families I worked with you're the first one to have enough spare time to play game making 2,500 a week. To make even a wage of 1,000 a week requires more than 60-80 hrs a week meaning you would be pulling all nighters a few times in a week to make that much (and no I am not basing this off minimum wage this is a skilled labour review meaning you have to tertiary level of education or higher to even dream of obtaining this amount of money. It also wouldn't have helped your case if you said you had a wife who helped pool this family income because no woman would let her man do that without a fight. You lied about no loans or mortgage or rather you're telling a half truth, I am of the notion you're a kid but if you're not you're a teen who has been spoiled because no adult feels the need to clarify to random people they're debt free nor a well off person because as any financially able person acquiring wealth is hard and creates a lot of liabilities that might attract the wrong crowd so you oust yourself there. Your own admission of your personal details only serve to show you as a pretender. 

Now to WT or white garbage,  you're right I don;t care about his spending but it was a terrible use of his money and that is his prerogative but for him to masquerade as an adult and use bogus claims as 10,000 a month I can't stomach that. I also think your movie analogy is bogus because you can't classify tangible items to intangible things, the popcorn,candy and sodas were all physical you touched them held them and they are for you sustenance (food) so that you may live. Forgive me but a game can never measure up in opportunity costs to a movie outing ever. Lastly no I am not going to prostrate my self for this young boy wasting his money the game survived without I am sure his measly 500 isnt upholding the whole game.

Pay to win and pay to progress is the same thing. 

- What % of money comes from "whales" compared to those who buy a few boxes and outfits here and there? I wouldn't consider buying outfits or a few upgrade items p2w. For all we know, the majority of income is from the low end paying player and not the p2w variety. Dont forget, people who are Premium are paying as well and really doesnt give any major p2w benefits, other than a few extra xp and coin gain/saving bonuses.

- I cant blame people for wanting the best of the best and paying for it. Does it suck that you can do that in a game? Yes, but that is the game and its an option. Blame the developers. People buy this stuff because its a pain in the butt or pretty much impossible to get other wise.

- RNG is BS and will never be fair. They could make it more forgiving or put measures in place to make it more fair, but get real LOL.

-I used to Buy MMOs ($60) and pay the monthly sub($12-$15) per month so I dont mind putting money into a game that will last a long time. Having said that, I dont see anything of value in Premium or in the store worth buying, neither with money/ncoin or gold.

-Im f2p and would always have to use my orbs in Cold Storage and Scales to enter Mandate.

6 hours ago, 898113_1452550636 said:

I read all posts and I think I need to clarify 3 things.

1. I was not crying or something. I just wanted to say I got much bad luck and that's it.

2. I was not gambling, I got many other items and 8 amethysts. My money, if I think a gem worth $500 then it does worth it, no one has rights to censure me.

3. I am rich.

4.  . . . but not smart.

6 hours ago, Lexter said:

You can find funny whatever you want, but this is sad true. Mani kids are just dependent on gaming just like drugs. I dont say everyone do this, ofc. Is sad true companies like NC support this by their gambling strategy.

As a parent (and once a child living under the roof of parents), let me assure you, parents can and easily will say, no to such a thing.  :p

12 hours ago, NN13 said:

No, they are not. It was developers decision to make the game F2P. People didn't ask for it to be F2P, developers did it to get more profit out of it, because clearly, the P2P Korean version was getting lower profits as well as players and that is exactly why they went F2P.

Same goes for Guild Wars 2.

So lets all go f2p and se howlong the servers stay Open... your logic... 

And GW2 people also spend money on game, but no one lifted a eyebrow no one screamed p2w. Because the commuinity wasnt a bunch of salty butthurt poor people that just cant get over themself. 

My Problem... People are discriminating people because they have Money.. You could aswell go full racist.

What I find most funny is people who often P2W also are the first to complain about B2P and Subscription-needed MMOs....  meanwhile F2P IS BY FAR the most expensive MMO for the average player and up.

Also let's not forget... those who take long breaks and aren't loyal get rewarded the most so far with free stuff.   GG NCSoft.

1 hour ago, OrangePunch said:

Pay to win and pay to progress is the same thing. 

- What % of money comes from "whales" compared to those who buy a few boxes and outfits here and there? I wouldn't consider buying outfits or a few upgrade items p2w. For all we know, the majority of income is from the low end paying player and not the p2w variety. Dont forget, people who are Premium are paying as well and really doesnt give any major p2w benefits, other than a few extra xp and coin gain/saving bonuses.

- I cant blame people for wanting the best of the best and paying for it. Does it suck that you can do that in a game? Yes, but that is the game and its an option. Blame the developers. People buy this stuff because its a pain in the butt or pretty much impossible to get other wise.

- RNG is BS and will never be fair. They could make it more forgiving or put measures in place to make it more fair, but get real LOL.

-I used to Buy MMOs ($60) and pay the monthly sub($12-$15) per month so I dont mind putting money into a game that will last a long time. Having said that, I dont see anything of value in Premium or in the store worth buying, neither with money/ncoin or gold.

-Im f2p and would always have to use my orbs in Cold Storage and Scales to enter Mandate.

City of Heroes (now cancelled NCSoft title) did RNG boxes much better.  For one thing, if you got the item you could only use once, you didn't get it again.  :p  NCWest not using a nicer RNG for players, never made sense to me.  People will still buy the boxes :p

As for percentage of money that comes from whales.  According to TOR, they started making more money off RNG boxes than they ever did off subs.  I have no doubt the same is true for BnS.

As the game is popular enough in other countries, I see no reason for them not to keep it going here.

TBH best on how fast the content is release compared to KR, it's better to wait till trove.  Later troves will most likely have blue hepta gems just like troves in other version, letting players upgrade to purple heptas & octas easier.  Also not to mention, there will be Elemental bonus gems next year... 

5 hours ago, TryGoogleThis said:

So lets all go f2p and se howlong the servers stay Open... your logic... 

Sure. No one is stopping you. But then again, being F2P comes with its own perks. Are you up for the grind F2P do?

And GW2 people also spend money on game, but no one lifted a eyebrow no one screamed p2w. Because the commuinity wasnt a bunch of salty butthurt poor people that just cant get over themself. 

There will always be butthurt people in MMOs. So, I will never believe if you say no one complained in GW2. What makes it far more worse in BnS is that F2P as well as Premium players are subjected to competition with the whales and that is the reason why so many complain.

Remove that competition and most will stop complaining and mind their own gaming time/business. I know I will.

My Problem... People are discriminating people because they have Money.. You could aswell go full racist.

You got it wrong. No one is discriminating because people have money. As a matter of fact, your comment is pretty insulting to those who have money, are premium players but chose not to gamble or go full P2W.

If money was the reason for hatred, people would complain against Premium players as well according to your logic. But I don't see people hating Premium users.

The reason is simple. Being Premium gives you perks that does not interfere with F2P players.

But Trove and all the RNG boxes which NCSoft calls "event"? They let the paying player become so powerful that F2P and Premium users find it hard to keep up. Couple this fact with the fact that NCSoft had this bright idea of releasing content so fast that BnS became a job to many.

13 minutes ago, NN13 said:

Sure. No one is stopping you. But then again, being F2P comes with its own perks. Are you up for the grind F2P do?

There will always be butthurt people in MMOs. So, I will never believe if you say no one complained in GW2. What makes it far more worse in BnS is that F2P as well as Premium players are subjected to competition with the whales and that is the reason why so many complain.

Remove that competition and most will stop complaining and mind their own gaming time/business. I know I will.

You got it wrong. No one is discriminating because people have money. As a matter of fact, your comment is pretty insulting to those who have money, are premium players but chose not to gamble or go full P2W.

If money was the reason for hatred, people would complain against Premium players as well according to your logic. But I don't see people hating Premium users.

The reason is simple. Being Premium gives you perks that does not interfere with F2P players.

But Trove and all the RNG boxes which NCSoft calls "event"? They let the paying player become so powerful that F2P and Premium users find it hard to keep up. Couple this fact with the fact that NCSoft had this bright idea of releasing content so fast that BnS became a job to many.

Do you wish to compare who grinded so far the most of the two of us?, 
Just look over general comments here. I am not defending P2W, but theres average joes that drop 50-200 euros on this game, and get called p2w and judged cause of this. 
People deem you less skilled, People even lie about spending any money on this game as they will be judged. 

you can not defend that with any logic.  F2P only there would be no game, and there would be no Exchange for you Because those p2w are the only reason  its  not 1:1 and evven exist.    But it´s funny mostly the most satly are also the worse from my experince, when you ask them to link youi achviment from arena plat+- " I dont do arena". When you ask for their ToI FL 40  and Naksun" Its not worth doing " 

If people are being stupid it doesnt matter if they paid or not, 

17 hours ago, KlausFlouride said:

I got 4 of those gems. The thing that pisses me off is their character bound so I can't transmute them into the better gem.

Thanks man! I honestly don't spend a lot of time on here.

The gems are not even ACCOUNT bound?

11 minutes ago, TryGoogleThis said:

Do you wish to compare who grinded so far the most of the two of us?, 

I am not talking about myself. I did my fair share of grinding, but I am no where near people who take gearing up seriously. Although, being totally F2P(not even premium), I think having True Scorpion and nearly all the required mats for going upto Awakened Yeti/Python etc. required quite some grinding.

Just look over general comments here. I am not defending P2W, but theres average joes that drop 50-200 euros on this game, and get called p2w and judged cause of this. 

This thread's main post was about 500 boxes. About freaking 500 boxes. Now it's entirely OP's choice to spend money, but that is insame. And we are not talking about 200 euros. Most of us are talking about those like OP who spend 500 Euros in each event, probably. Someone spending 200 Euros every once in a while are not considered whales.

People deem you less skilled, People even lie about spending any money on this game as they will be judged. 

Same goes for F2P players. There will always be those who talk about these things.

F2P players are called leeches (just like you did), are treated like second citizens by many many paying players.

Isn't it quite the irony? Talking about being judged while judging the other half, actually no, not half, the majority of players as leeches?

Well, guess what? Without these leeches, the game would be a ghost town.

There must be a reason why BnS Kr went F2P.

12 minutes ago, TryGoogleThis said:

you can not defend that with any logic.  F2P only there would be no game, and there would be no Exchange for you Because those p2w are the only reason  its  not 1:1 and evven exist.    But it´s funny mostly the most satly are also the worse from my experince, when you ask them to link youi achviment from arena plat+- " I dont do arena". When you ask for their ToI FL 40  and Naksun" Its not worth doing " 

Yes, I can. Because my logic never said that every player goes F2P. They never will.

But the F2P players play a very important role in the survival of games.

Companies are not idiots that they are suddenly going F2P. Be it BnS KR, GW2 or Wildstar.

19 hours ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

To make even a wage of 1,000 a week requires more than 60-80 hrs a week meaning you would be pulling all nighters a few times in a week to make that much (and no I am not basing this off minimum wage this is a skilled labour review meaning you have to tertiary level of education or higher to even dream of obtaining this amount of money. 

lol what? I only work 40hrs a week and 2 of those days im working from home half paying attention. You might not be in the right field mate. 

1 hour ago, 876605_1452550437 said:

lol what? I only work 40hrs a week and 2 of those days im working from home half paying attention. You might not be in the right field mate. 

Crimson, I figured, was low balling the pay.  Location is another factor.

2 hours ago, MushinKFM said:

Thank you for keeping the server up, whale :)

better thank him for rooting the rng deeper into this f2p model, i'm sure ncsoft will shower us with more rng boxes if he keeps happily buying them. this is why we cannot have moderately priced direct purchases with such stuff, because whales.

Archived