Warlock questions hm lvl and techniques?

Yashuoa

For warlock pvp, is there an essential hm skill(s) that you need and a certain hm lvl?

How do you like warlock in pve? Fun rotation and mechanics?

I would roll one mainly for pvp though, but I need to know how interesting they are in pve if I would need to go there a descent amount for hm lvls and hm techniques and gold, mats and gear upgrades.

If they are similar to FM in pve in terms of fun rotation and mechanics, than i probably wont like it much in pve.
I like the fm playstyle in pvp (hard but fun), but in pve dungeons  its roughly apply dmg increases + burn and ani cancel blazing beam+ lmb+rmb.

Not my idea of fun rotation and mechanics :P.

The Frostsheath and veil to protect people is nice as I like to do that, but people can save themselfs, so its not essential or anything.
Maybe it gets more fun with HM technique like Multiple blaze though (which I dont have).

I wouldnt do much pve or none at all with FM if you would have your hm techniques unlocked by default in arena pvp

or if I would be done farming the ones I want (havent got them yet though :P).

Can I just lvl a warlock to 50 hm1 to pvp with, while not really needing any essential hm techniques or hm lvls?

- For arena, HM lvl doesn't matter but for open world, you need to have a decent gears to survive, warlock def is very fragile 

- Yes, you need HM skill for dragon helix/call to really work in arena

- I love warlock in pve, pull all mobs together and kill them in seconds, thrall is really helpful when you get to a certain lvl

- Warlock is certainly not the best option for pvp so I'm not sure if you can do it without HM skill, but they do have some skills that could save your life last seconds like soulburn or time distortion that if your opponent don't know anything about your class, they will die  instantly

22 hours ago, Leviathane said:

- For arena, HM lvl doesn't matter but for open world, you need to have a decent gears to survive, warlock def is very fragile 

- Yes, you need HM skill for dragon helix/call to really work in arena

- I love warlock in pve, pull all mobs together and kill them in seconds, thrall is really helpful when you get to a certain lvl

- Warlock is certainly not the best option for pvp so I'm not sure if you can do it without HM skill, but they do have some skills that could save your life last seconds like soulburn or time distortion that if your opponent don't know anything about your class, they will die  instantly

Just a quick note:

In arena HM lvl can matter as the more hm lvls you have, the more points you have to spend on talents.

Some classes can get their essential or important talents with less points than others.

Some classes need a higher hm lvl than others before they reach their strength.

Regarding pve,

do you like the warlock pve rotation and management of certain mechanics?

How do you generally avoid dmg while in boss fights?

8 hours ago, Yashuoa said:

Just a quick note:

In arena HM lvl can matter as the more hm lvls you have, the more points you have to spend on talents.

Some classes can get their essential or important talents with less points than others.

Some classes need a higher hm lvl than others before they reach their strength.

Regarding pve,

do you like the warlock pve rotation and management of certain mechanics?

How do you generally avoid dmg while in boss fights?

My friend has gold rank and she's lvl 47, she doesn't level up because she doesn't need anymore points

In my pve experience, there's only 1-2 rotations to use and important skills for your rotation only come at high levels (wingstorm i believe at 36, time warp/soulburn at 45, this is when warlock becomes useful). But, as a class with heavy cd skills, there's a lot of different ways to reduce skills cd that you can experience. I like warlock and I think it's interesting.

As long as you don't take aggro, you can just stay far away and do dmg. For aoe boss like Blood mane you will never run out of iframe. There's bastion that can resist everything for 5 seconds and Sanctum that resist cc or limit auto-targeting that's really help you in yeti and necro. There's Quell that can block frontal attacks that's really helpful in Nexus and Sogun. I don't have trouble with boss fight at all.

57 minutes ago, Hamoud said:

I read some weird stuff here, H.M levels don't matter in pvp arena? the AP that comes from it yeah, but the points you get from the H.M Levels are very important, because if you have H.M Skills, it requires two points to spec for it.

A level 30 of any class can defeat any L.50 HM5or10 in 1v1 arena if he understand his class better than his opponents understand theirs. Maybe not for warlock since they do not unlock their burst skills at that low levels but maybe some pvp genius can make that possible.

Not saying HM levels do not matter since as you climb to higher rank, more skill points would be helpful and make the job somewhat easier as well as giving you an edge over your opponent. But with current amount of HM skills available for all classes, HM level is not that important. I see a L.49 Warlock and a few HM1 among the top 100 class ranking, which is not as fancy as All Ranking, but it still prove that you can be quite competent in pvp without your H.M levels (unless you were strictly preferring to late gold and higher up pvp).

Archived