This game isn't being developed very much anymore is it?

Lone Dragon

As a client/program this game seems heavily dated, even by release date standards in some regards. Optimization is not very good, while the client itself has many design flaws.

Launcher - Launcher is not very seamless. Other games have launchers that automatically close/minimize when the game is launched. NCsoft's launcher just remains open in a reduced form. 

Disconnects - As others have mentioned in threads previous, disconnecting in this game is extremely frustrating. Other games put you back at the login screen when you disconnect. This game just closes the client. This issue ties into the game having offline support, which would be a great addition that could allow for offline character customization and preset creation. 

Prompt for EULA every login - This one I do not understand at all. Very few people read through the entire EULA until something goes wrong, which is not a common occurrence for most players. Why make us have to press another button before getting into character select screen?

There are other nitpicky things in game, such as not being able to change character from within F8 Dungeon lobby, but I do not want to go too much into detail on the issues.

So this brings me to my question. Is NCsoft working on improving these aspects of the game? Yes there are other issues but particularly the disconnect and offline support issues would benefit the players greatly. From what I know I do not think NCsoft is developing this game much further anymore.

I have listed some of the client issues I see in the game and would also love to hear what sort of changes you guys would like to see to the client. I really do hope that Blade and Soul's release in the west gives NCsoft incentive to start, it having one of the most profitable games that NCsoft runs. 

I'm more annoyed by the really outdated market UI, but as long as I get a steady amount of gold there, I have more or less come into terms with it.

I'm not sure about the Korean server, but BnS in general is really using mechanics that may have been ground breaking or next gen back in 2009 or even 2010, but as a 2016 game, it's simply inexcusable.

At least it's not as backwards as Tree of Savior though. That game has no excuse to be using 2006 logic when it comes to implementing basic functions in an MMO, and by that I refer to forcing a player to spend a premium resource just to be able to chat at the general chatbox and the severely limited market slots. 

I think NCSOFT is aware that this game was a failed project. The server I'm currently playing on has an incredibly low population to an extent where farming field bosses is impossible. Because of this, NCSOFT probably wants to focus on releasing for example new story acts, new classes and new dungeons because as people already are fed up with Blade & Soul, those new features will probably still interest them enough to log in. Honestly, even if they would remake the game from ground for optimization, I wouldn't give a *cricket*. I just want to finish the story.

12 hours ago, qpoljanan said:

I'm more annoyed by the really outdated market UI, but as long as I get a steady amount of gold there, I have more or less come into terms with it.

I'm not sure about the Korean server, but BnS in general is really using mechanics that may have been ground breaking or next gen back in 2009 or even 2010, but as a 2016 game, it's simply inexcusable.

At least it's not as backwards as Tree of Savior though. That game has no excuse to be using 2006 logic when it comes to implementing basic functions in an MMO, and by that I refer to forcing a player to spend a premium resource just to be able to chat at the general chatbox and the severely limited market slots. 

This is not a 2016 game. It was developed in 2009+ and released in 2012.

17 hours ago, qpoljanan said:

I hear this often...game is using things that were ground breaking back in the past...

Please, tell me a MMO that is always cutting edge after it's been released.  Tell me a MMO that hasn't gotten these comments on the day of it's release, because all I ever read is how every new MMO is outdated in it's forums.

It's funny too, because some of the people who say such things then go off and say "Oh!  Look at that new game!  Tree of Savior!"  Like that game is going to be cutting edge or new on anything :p

Seriously, I'm being serious here, give me a game where that was never said.

We have a game where the combat isn't tab targeting like people always complained about as their number one gripe in forums and now it's "well it's out dated."  and really, I can't think of many MMOs that use non tab targeting combat.

Lol wut. Aren't developing it anymore? We know what's coming to the game. It's been out in KR for years. None of what you listed is indicative of it not being developed. Just you're personal irks. Is this your first mmo? Certainly seems like it. 

Mmo development happens years before it's released. They use the tech that the best available at the time, that allows them to plan their long term development. Swapping games engines almost never happens after release.  They're not going to go back everytime some new graphics tech releases, and try and mash it in. It's too expensive, and you would never release your product. And please, BnS has some of the prettiest environments I've seen. 

Having the EULA at every login, who the #@$% cares. It's a reminder nothing more.

Lol oh boy, it's got bugs. Well no @#$& sherlock. If I had a dime for everytime I've read that on a game forum.  EVERY mmo has bugs. Let me repeat that so it settles in. Every. Mmo. Ever. Has. Bugs. Period. So we need to link the bug report section from every other mmo?

Nothing on this list amounts to a hill of beans. 

Developed?  We r playing a foreign game thats translated for us. Its still goin strong in kr and asia. You should probably direct your questions to the dojo if you want specific answers. Cus ppl there either play in kr or at least speak the language. I guess its just a matter of, if NA players can be patient enough. I'm pretty sure all asian servers have players in the thousands at least. 

I think NA didnt realize what they were getting. Overhyped ideal. 

Archived