Forums

Class Idea - Dancer/Fan Dancer

Keberatan

Hi, at first sorry for my English, its not my native language and im pretty tired so some mistakes can occur.

I just wanted to share my idea with you and see if it suits into the game as good as i think. :P

Class name would be Dancer/Fan Dancer, something like that - available only for Yun. It would be melee, very mobile class with lots of dodges. Moves kinda similar to Chang'e from SMITE (but faster and more asian i think?), every move would have this dance feeling to it. Could use poison of some sort, throw poisonous needles from kanzashi,

Let me know what you think, ill update this post with new ideas if needed.

There was already a discussion regarding a fan user. The idea of an Iron Fan Master. Not sure if what was discussed before is similar to what you had in mind though.

Here is some of what was discussed on a different forum based on a Fan User.

Iron Fan Master (Tessenjutsu = Iron Fan technique)

Not every class relies on brute force or powerful weapons. 
The Iron Fan Master strikes to disable his enemy with precision and speed. 
Moving like the wind to dodge and counter at close range, as well deflecting incoming projectiles or bouncing them back. 

The Iron Fan is not just for show. Truly elegant, but very lethal in the hands of a true Iron Fan Master. 

Weapon background info:
‘’Tessenjutsu (鉄扇術?, lit. "Iron Fan technique") is the martial art of the Japanese war Fan (tessen). It is based on the use of the solid Iron Fan or the folding Iron fan, which usually had eight or ten wood or Iron ribs. The use of the war Fan in combat is mentioned in early Japanese legends. For example, Yoshitsune, a hero of Japanese legend, is said to have defeated an opponent named Benkei by parrying the blows of his opponent's spear with an Iron fan. This use of the Iron Fan was taught him by a mythological creature, a tengu, who had also instructed him in the art of swordsmanship.
The practitioners of tessenjutsu could acquire a high level of skill. Some became so skilled, in fact, that they were able to defend themselves against an attacker wielding a sword, and even kill an opponent with a single blow. Like so many other Japanese arts of combat during this era, tessenjutsu reached a high level of sophistication. For example, a famous swordsman in the late 16th century, Ganryu, was able to defeat several enemies with an Iron fan.’’

Source: https://en.wikipedia...apanese_war_fan

Combat info:
‘’The collection of combative techniques using the tessen (including menbarigata and tenarashi) is known as tessenjutsu, which is often said to be defensive in nature and especially useful for disarming and restraining opponents. The idea behind tessenjutsu is similar to that of the earlier-mentioned göhöjutsu and naeshijutsu. The tessen is used to first weaken the enemy by thrusting at or hitting his vital points so he can be restrained. Opponents were often armed with swords, so many ryüha that teach tessenjutsu include techniques for such a situation. It was most important to prevent an opponent from drawing his sword, so just before he does, an attack should be made on his tsukate (hand drawing the sword), elbow, or shoulder with a fast, powerful blow. Executed correctly, this will paralyze his hand or arm, making it difficult for him to continue his attack. If he has already drawn his sword, one must first block or parry his attack and then immediately counterattack to make him drop his weapon. Swift body movement (taisabaki) and entering (irimi) and correct understanding of combative distance (maai) are essential in these actions. When attacking the weak points of the body with the tessen both the tip and the hilt could be used. Some types of tessen had sharp edges that could easily cave in a skull.’’

Source: Book Classical Weaponry of Japan: Special Weapons and Tactics of the Martial Arts, page 83-84.

Baguazhang Martial Art Combination:
''Baguazhang contains an extremely wide variety of techniques, including various strikes (with palm, fist, elbow, fingers, etc.), kicks, joint locks, throws, and distinctively evasive circular footwork. As such, Baguazhang is considered neither a purely striking nor a purely grappling martial art.

Baguazhang practitioners are known for their ability to "flow" in and out of the way of objects. Baguazhang's evasive nature is also shown by the practice of moving behind an attacker, so that the opponent cannot harm the practitioner.

The practice of circle walking, or "turning the circle", as it is sometimes called, is Baguazhang's characteristic method of stance and movement training.''

Source: http://tekken.wikia....wiki/Baguazhang

Skill implantation:
Signature of the IFM should be based on illusions and their core fighting style should be based on evasive countering. 
Every class has 4 'notable skills' on the BnS site. (note: all key pressing related to combo's are just for visualization if implented into the game, so there might be duplicated combinations)

Noteable skills for the Iron Fan Master:
1. Fan Blade Dance / Illusionary image (signature) 
2. Wind Blast (offensive / defensive counter)
3. Fan Blade Throwing (Control and initiate)
4. Disarming (stun/daze)

The way I envision the Iron Fan Master is to create a class that has unique countering/evasion abilities.

The fighting style of the Iron Fan Master is to be fast and precise. Expert in evasion to counter the enemy with fast hits to create an opening for the lethal blow. This class is also a good asset for Team PvP with different CC abilities. With counter abilities that might seem like other class, but with a couple new features to create a different kind of play style. 

The Iron Fan can be used to disable the enemy’s incoming attack (closed Fan stance), by stepping to the sides to dodge the attack and strike on the weak points to disarm him shortly. This creates a short window to follow up with a more lethal strike at the end (switch to open Fan stance), (3 phase combo: Evade – Disarm – Strike).

Deflect incoming projectiles (open Fan stance) by performing a graceful dance to defend against range attacks from all sides for a short period. The open Fan stance also shows the offensive side of the IFM. The IFM is an expert in moving swiftly that it will confuse his enemy with illusionary images while stepping to the left or right side of the enemy before slicing him up. (Signature move)

The Master of the Iron Fan can focus its Chi to create a wind blast by waving his Fan to disrupt an incoming enemy (counter – charge ability). Wind blast at close range causes the enemy to lose balance (mini-knockback), which creates an opening to step in to strike down your enemy while he lost his focus during the battle. The wind blast is even strong enough to bounce back projectiles (counter-(non deflectable) projectiles). 

Fan throwing that pierce through anything in its path. Which allows you to get multiple hits when positioned right. Think about a boomerang which doesn’t stop for anything unless the user decides otherwise. With the ability to pull your target upon hit or creating a cyclone to control the area for a short time.

The IFM focuses his Chi into the power of wind which allows him to control the Fan while thrown at the target. Upon hitting an enemy it will trigger a short window giving you the ability to pull your enemy towards you with the Fan and causing your enemy to stun/daze. (Team PvP, lead and CC) This can be used as a coordinated attack, because your enemies will not know who will be pulled when multiple team-members are about to get hit. While your team members can go in for a quick kill on the pulled enemy. Throwing the Fan blade can also be used to create a vaccum cyclone to pull multipule targets to one place disabling charge abilities and daze them for a short time.

Explaining the (notable) skills:
1. Fan Blade Dance / Illusionary Image (signature move) = Creating a temporarily copy of your character so that your enemy doesn’t know where the real you is standing. Perform a ''Fan Blade Dance [Tab](deflect skill) to distract your enemy and step to the left or right side [Q or E] of your enemy and follow up with a combo [F]. Able to use from certain range too, so the IFM basically glides towards his enemy. [Tab + Q or E] + [LB] + [F] 

2. Wind Blast (counter- (non deflect) projectiles) = there are many skills on BnS that cannot be deflected by casting other skills against it. With countering projectiles (incl. non deflectable) It means it will convert the projectile into the IFM's own projectle which will be shot back to where it came from. So example, you don't see a ''Raging Spirit'' from Warlock fly back after a successful counter. Instead you'll see a wind energy orb or something like that shooting away. [4] - mid/close range AoE cast range for counter.

3.1 Throwing Fan Blade (option 1)(Penetrate - Pull target) = range attack [Z] that goes through multiple targets. When theFan blade hits an target it triggers a short reaction frame [F] to pull the target. The enemy enters bleed and stun status. (ThrowFan Blade [Z] - Pull target [F]).

3.2 Throwing Fan Blade (option 2)(Penetrate - Vaccum targets) = range attack [Z] that goes through multiple targets. When the Fan blade hits an target it triggers a short reaction frame [F] to create a cyclone, which vaccums the targets in range. The enemies enter dazed status and their charge ability is disabled for a short time. (Throw Fan Blade [Z] - Vaccum targets [F]).

4. Disarming (3 phase combo: Evade - Disarm – Strike) = see this as a short window combat style, which requires a good timing to dodge the attack. On a successful dodge [Q or E] you can perform a counter to disarm [LB], which give you the opening to strike down the enemy with the lethal Fan blade [F]. [Q or E] + [LB] + [F]

Status + Debuff / Buff info:

• Closed Fan Stance: close range combat, evasive disarm counters. 
  • Open Fan Stance: Mid-close range, evasive slashing combat.
  • Illusionary image: Increase movement speed, iFrame when moving towards the target and a clone of your character. The illusion stays for some seconds and dissapears instantly when the player uses a skill.
  • Evade and Deflect: increase movement speed when executed successfully .
  • Confusion: Illusionary image of the IFM making it almost impossible for your enemy to strike you
  • Blind: Slice the eyes to disable the vision temporarely.
  • Bleed: Fan Blades kinda says it all, it's made for slicing up things. From basic cutting to throat/artery, eyes slicing.
  • Stun and Dazed: Stun is pretty much build into the disable counter abilities, while dazed could be added to an aerial combo.
  • Immobilize: striking on the pressure point (leg) to disable your target's movements.
  • Penetrate: Fan Blade can penetrate through target's defense.
  • Pull: Fan Blade ability to pull the marked target towards the IFM.
  • Knockdown: Unconscious applied on target.
  • Knockup: Target airborne status.
  • Ground combo: certain skills give status change for a short time. Increase evasion and movement speed (closed stance). Increase crit and movement speed (open stance)
  • Start aerial combo: iFrame status when executing aerial combo. Air Slashing (Bleed)
  • End aerial combo: slam the target down by using the Fan to create a airwave which causes deaf/blind status on the target.

This is from an old thread but one NCSoft staff member joined the discussion which helped speed the process of projecting an idea for them to consider. Would love to see more community driven ideas implemented into the game as it helps show that companies care about their communities.

7 minutes ago, DamnedYankee said:

Well, I believe we have on character in the game who is an Iron Fan Master...Yehara. It would be nice to have this as a playable class too. :)

Julia/Zulia is another character that has a fan.

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

2 minutes ago, Atheyana said:

Julia/Zulia is another character that has a fan.

Hidden Content

Ah, thanks I completely forgotten about her. Yes, this would be a very elegant and graceful type class to play. Maybe they can sing while they are fighting? lol

There was already a discussion regarding a fan user. The idea of an Iron Fan Master. Not sure if what was discussed before is similar to what you had in mind though.

Really cool idea, i thought about Fan Dancer/Dancer differently though. Yun race still doesn't have exclusive class and FD suits them well. I see this class as very feminine, graceful, fast-moving, literally dancing around the opponent.

I thought about weapon like this but BnS' engine won't handle such complex movement of cloth...

Spoiler

latest?cb=20130119130104

We are in a dire need of a spear class though. Spears are like one of the essential weapons of wushu and there are already enemies who use martial arts involving spears so why not a class using it? It could be a melee class that excels in mid-range combat, can pierce defense, and is very mobile, being able to chase down or close the gap between ranged foes. Like blade master, it can shift between two stances, one of which is a thrusting technique that focuses on a single enemy for rapid, precision attacks, and the other is one where the user whirls his spear about like a baton, creating an impenetrable defense and is able to damage many enemies at once, albeit sacrificing significant damage output. 

4 minutes ago, qpoljanan said:

We are in a dire need of a spear class though. Spears are like one of the essential weapons of wushu and there are already enemies who use martial arts involving spears so why not a class using it? It could be a melee class that excels in mid-range combat, can pierce defense, and is very mobile, being able to chase down or close the gap between ranged foes. Like blade master, it can shift between two stances, one of which is a thrusting technique that focuses on a single enemy for rapid, precision attacks, and the other is one where the user whirls his spear about like a baton, creating an impenetrable defense and is able to damage many enemies at once, albeit sacrificing significant damage output.

I am more interested in early firearms, because all the other games I played for many years were all about bows, slings, spears and swords, so I am more interested in not run of the mill weapons. The fans and ribbons are not my thing, so I am not interested in suffering an RNG increase for a fan class.

Overall though, being this game is altophobic and RNG on drops is an additional hardship, I am vehemently opposed to the 10th class addition without the introduction of account-based HM accessories and RNG revision to favor your class on drops.

If the above is done, I don't care how many classes are added and if they dual-wield a frying pan and a rubber duck, I am all for it.

The concept of weapon boxes is a flawed one in the first place. It made quite some sense back in 2012 when there were like only 4 classes, but with the addition of another class recently, the RNG is going even wilder than before (I remember back then being confused as hell as to why I keep getting razors on my KFM and asking what class even uses them, and this is before I realized it was Warlock month).  This isn't like Diablo 3 where the loot table will always be biased towards your class.

Heck, they can't even bother to fix the market UI since there is still no category for razors and lynblades (?)

I love how the Japs take credit for everything Asian when pretty much 99% of their so-called culture is copied from other countries, namely China and Korea. Their propaganda is super effective at brainwashing westerners into thinking Asia = Japan.

China's had iron fans before Japan even became a country.

4 hours ago, Melodia said:

I love how the Japs take credit for everything Asian when pretty much 99% of their so-called culture is copied from other countries, namely China and Korea. Their propaganda is super effective at brainwashing westerners into thinking Asia = Japan.

Japanese were somewhat akin to Roman in that respect. Not quite the same, but a bit... well, never mind. It's just fascinating. :)

4 hours ago, Melodia said:

Which is why you put extra effort into this thing called "marketing". You know, like how Americans like to take credit for the internet, when in fact it was the British who first started it?

For example, the concept of the katana was actually predated by China by over a thousand years, during the war of the three kingdoms, where a long horse-slaying saber was used in battle. This would be the ancient forefather of the Japanese tachi, the proto-katana. 

The katana is more known to the outside world since the Japanese showcase it in their culture more often than the Chinese. The same way could be said about the Ninja. China also had spies and assassins who wore similar outfits long before Japan even went into feudalism where the ninja were born as a unit (then called shinobi-no-mono), but yet the word ninja stuck with world better due to Japanese movies in 60s and 70s. 

i plus one on the fan class. from what i hear in the wind the next class is suppose to be melee  which in terms comes down to certain types of weapons to be used. yea you have the spear which looks promising  yunsang  uses a spear/ halberd so its  there but it shares move sets similar to a destoryer based on yunsangs move sets. the Fan class seen used by yehara tho only in the cut scene is also possible. and finally you have Alka Fighting  style which is made up of a dual wield daggers with one entailing of a chain extension probly for mid range combat. <this i one i vote for in my eyes seeing as we dont have a dual wielding class and would make it quite interresting to see another hybrid class considering it would probly be made up between a BM and a Sin with huge twists on skill to make it its own with out it looking like what Soul Fighter is. but hey its my 2 cents.

On 7/8/2016 at 8:13 AM, Atheyana said:

Here is some of what was discussed on a different forum based on a Fan User.

This is from an old thread but one NCSoft staff member joined the discussion which helped speed the process of projecting an idea for them to consider. Would love to see more community driven ideas implemented into the game as it helps show that companies care about their communities.

I was going to post about that, but you beat me to it =P

I was part of that thread on the Dojo. It was so much fun working together with other members on that idea. And I'm really glad Julianne was kind enough to step in and help a bit.
Here is the link to the thread which includes videos and clips as well: Iron Fan Master

Iron Fan Master has some of those "fan dancer aspects" in that it's a little more graceful and also has the ability to dance around the target creating an Illusory Image.
It's my dream class and I would give anything for BnS to create it.
But seriously....NO YUN/KUN EXCLUSIVE CLASS!!!!! There's a good reason why it still does not have one. It only significantly limits the playerbase. Why should I be forced to play as a walking female noodle in order to play the class of my dreams?
No. At least Jin and Yun. I would like to play it as a male Jin. Especially since these weapons were mainly used by male warriors as hidden weapons or backup weapons.

Also, this guy <3 lol

On 6/14/2016 at 7:52 PM, Kurokazu said:

giphy.gif     1465953066993726.gif?1465953066

14659532302532746.gif?1465953231

;)

Grace, sexiness, attitude, and being totally badass are not limited to one gender tyvm. 

Archived