Story time

Huuxera

So this just happened to me and this story is too gold, I need to share with other people.

So, me (50 HM7 warlock with true pirate, 524 AP) and my wife (46 sin, awakened pirate, 405 AP, decent crit/acc) decided to do Naryu Lab for tomorrow's daily. First I tried to do dungeon finder but cound't find anyone, so I decided to recruit saying "Tomorrow's daily", and that's how we filled up a party.

Our group consisted of lvl 50 HM7+s and my lvl 46 wife. I didn't do gear check because why would I? It's just NL, a lvl 45 dungeon. I didn't know my recruits were 550-600 AP pirate to scorpio, INCLUDING one with a damn LEGENDARY, having like 660+ AP... 

Anyway we roll in. We arrive at Mino. It goes damn slow. Mino stuck in the wall, can't be targeted. Lasers arrive. Mino enrages at like 20%. Party starts wiping, starting with wifey. Party wipes. I'm wondering, just HOW in the earth did a group that consists of so many high lvl people wipe on the first boss of Naryu.

Then guess what happens, our legendary friend says "next time you decide to CARRY your friend, just go with a normal random group". This hits me hard. "Carry" I say? She's more then well-geared for this place. She's overleveled. I'm not carrying anyone. She's carrying herself. She's working hard. Carry? Just because she's not lvl 50+? Guys, for cricket's sake, NL was like the endgame lvl 45 content. I repeat, lvl 45. Don't tell me that my wife at lvl 46, with her gears, with her acc/crit/AP, is being CARRIED there.

Carrying = expecting other people to work for you. If someone was carried there, then it certainly wasn't my friend. People think they can just burst everything down if they have enough AP. This case also shows how wrong they are! A group with such setups, wiping on Mino, I still can't believe it.

Ahem anyway. Wiped. People leave. Only 1 person stays other than us both with my friend. I'm greatly pissed and banging my head in the wall over people's stupidity. I'll recruit 3 other randoms. One of them was a lvl 50 HM1 summ with 405 AP. (Yes same AP as my wife.) Other two people over 500 AP. We roll in. Mino melts like butter. So... Let's think about this whole "carrying" story again? How come we didn't fail this time? How come we could smoothly finish the dungeon with two 400+ AP? Probably because AP isn't everything? Hello?

Bonus: After we finished NL, my wife told me we had a person with legendary, I'm like "no way. This is the joke of the year." I couldn't believe it. I still can't believe it. I need to borrow some hands because double facepalm isn't enough to express my feelings. It looks like people over a certain AP level forget to use their brain. Mechanics? What mechanics? BURST EVERYTHING!!! ....Except that doesn't always work. There are certain places where you can't just burst everything. Or even if you can, I just prefer people actually KNOW what to do. (Like how people never stop dpsing yeti during cold phase. "Cruxes?? Whats that?? It has only 30% go burn it more hurr durr." Yes I'm aware you can survive but would it REALLY be that hard to just lift your fingers up from your keyboard, stop dpsing and do something that requires some knowledge?)

Alright, that's all folks. Just another random story in BnS's book of fairy tales. Share yours, rant here if you want. I hope people will actually learn something in the end.

They starting eatin my ass in Necro today for not tanking the Queen, when we had a tank. FYI I am a Sin, can I tank? Sure. Should I be tanking when we have one? Nope. This is after I soloed a core, 6 party, DC'ed and then came back. FWIW when we did wipe, at about 15%, I was the only one left standing.

Just goes to show gear shouldn't be treated as a crutch/excuse to not use your brain. Or go AFK, which is practically the same thing.

Speaking from experience, bursting down is a valid, effective tactic when bosses are close to dying (as in less than 10%) and/or they're about to hit their enrage timers and you don't really have time to risk doing anything else. It's quite literally a last resort kind of deal. Before that, though, it's not advised to ignore mechanics.

Also, speaking of bad parties, I know I'm in a particularly bad/weak one when I of all people get aggro. Come on, I'm a Destroyer, I'm not SUPPOSED to get aggro because I'm not one of these 600+ AP guys.

Speaking about "carrying", ever since I hit 500+ AP usually I join premade groups in the lobby in opposed to dungeon finder, so I don't end up with bots. But honestly most of the times these premade groups fail a lot because people just go in and afk. You can't kick them. They will just get carried, bid on loot and leave. You can't even report them. Seriously, is that why people grind so hard in this game for gears? So they will just afk at daily challenge dungeons? What are people even playing this game for anymore??

I just wish the dungeons were not so hard on the 6M mode. Naryu is still a struggle even for well-geared parties, and should be a fun face-romp. We need easy dungeons, but unfortunately we are getting just harder and harder ones.

BnS dungeons aren't even hard if you learn how to do them. Seriously even a Beshmundir Temple in Aion is harder than most purple dungeons in BnS...

Naryu isn't that hard either, it's just long and that's what makes it a struggle. There are only 3 bosses. With Minou, you just make sure it runs to the red wall to get debuffed. With my group though, Minou was running up and down in the room, not going to the red wall. After a while it was stuck in Iron Wall, it started to stack, the room was full of lasers and Minou enraged. That's because people just dps'd it without letting it run to the red wall.

Be Ido is easy, you gotta have 1 person tank 1 add because if all of them attacks the tank, it's painful. One person is assigned as "bomb". You stand next to the add with the different color shield as the boss. Get 10 stacks of debuff, until you see a timer over your head count back from 5. Run to boss, the bomb will blow up, the boss's defense disappears and that's when you do the actual damage.

Fujin and Raijin are pretty straightforward. Those are the bosses where bursting down actually DOES work.

1 hour ago, Kung Fung said:

We need easy dungeons?

Absolutely. Tank and spank would be nice. I like story-mode difficulty and I don't like having to prep the dungeons, and not being to pass them even after the prep. I loved the idea of X-server, and I loved the difficulty of the green and blues. The purples are too much, particularly the stuff like Naryu, Yeti, not to mention the horror-shows like Sogun and Nexus.

26 minutes ago, Huuxera said:

Fujin and Raijin are pretty straightforward. Those are the bosses where bursting down actually DOES work.

Hells, no. It's hard to keep them separated because they do not readily move after the guy who has aggro, AoE is all over the place, they pull people all the time, it's a nightmare. I am still sore after the last time it was on a challenge, holding that block endlessly in front of the yellow one because it won't de-agro from my lock, praying my two counterparts get him before the enrage, cause the moment I stop blocking, I am a gonner. 'Cuase you know, between a Sin, and a BM, lock is an obvious tanking choice.

I've barely off-tanked before (as in keeping adds busy), and my ambition to main-tank was very short-lived specifically because the tanks take a lion's share of responsibility for the mechanics in the other game I played, but I keep getting agro in BnS, and at least a Summoner has both a threat-drop and the offtaunt, on a lock tanking is beyond my measly capabilities.

If the idea is that we are trinity-free, the bosses should be beatable without true tanks with any group comp & we need more agro drops and focus-breaks.

5 hours ago, Huuxera said:

So this just happened to me and this story is too gold, I need to share with other people.

So, me (50 HM7 warlock with true pirate, 524 AP) and my wife (46 sin, awakened pirate, 405 AP, decent crit/acc) decided to do Naryu Lab for tomorrow's daily. First I tried to do dungeon finder but cound't find anyone, so I decided to recruit saying "Tomorrow's daily", and that's how we filled up a party.

Our group consisted of lvl 50 HM7+s and my lvl 46 wife. I didn't do gear check because why would I? It's just NL, a lvl 45 dungeon. I didn't know my recruits were 550-600 AP pirate to scorpio, INCLUDING one with a damn LEGENDARY, having like 660+ AP... 

Anyway we roll in. We arrive at Mino. It goes damn slow. Mino stuck in the wall, can't be targeted. Lasers arrive. Mino enrages at like 20%. Party starts wiping, starting with wifey. Party wipes. I'm wondering, just HOW in the earth did a group that consists of so many high lvl people wipe on the first boss of Naryu.

Then guess what happens, our legendary friend says "next time you decide to CARRY your friend, just go with a normal random group". This hits me hard. "Carry" I say? She's more then well-geared for this place. She's overleveled. I'm not carrying anyone. She's carrying herself. She's working hard. Carry? Just because she's not lvl 50+? Guys, for cricket's sake, NL was like the endgame lvl 45 content. I repeat, lvl 45. Don't tell me that my wife at lvl 46, with her gears, with her acc/crit/AP, is being CARRIED there.

Carrying = expecting other people to work for you. If someone was carried there, then it certainly wasn't my friend. People think they can just burst everything down if they have enough AP. This case also shows how wrong they are! A group with such setups, wiping on Mino, I still can't believe it.

Ahem anyway. Wiped. People leave. Only 1 person stays other than us both with my friend. I'm greatly pissed and banging my head in the wall over people's stupidity. I'll recruit 3 other randoms. One of them was a lvl 50 HM1 summ with 405 AP. (Yes same AP as my wife.) Other two people over 500 AP. We roll in. Mino melts like butter. So... Let's think about this whole "carrying" story again? How come we didn't fail this time? How come we could smoothly finish the dungeon with two 400+ AP? Probably because AP isn't everything? Hello?

Bonus: After we finished NL, my wife told me we had a person with legendary, I'm like "no way. This is the joke of the year." I couldn't believe it. I still can't believe it. I need to borrow some hands because double facepalm isn't enough to express my feelings. It looks like people over a certain AP level forget to use their brain. Mechanics? What mechanics? BURST EVERYTHING!!! ....Except that doesn't always work. There are certain places where you can't just burst everything. Or even if you can, I just prefer people actually KNOW what to do. (Like how people never stop dpsing yeti during cold phase. "Cruxes?? Whats that?? It has only 30% go burn it more hurr durr." Yes I'm aware you can survive but would it REALLY be that hard to just lift your fingers up from your keyboard, stop dpsing and do something that requires some knowledge?)

Alright, that's all folks. Just another random story in BnS's book of fairy tales. Share yours, rant here if you want. I hope people will actually learn something in the end.

I have had this issue as well when my Wife and I play. We had a HM 12 and a HM 10 in our party. Didn't do gear check because of their hm lvls. This is Yeti btw. We wiped miserably. Mind you my wife has 512 ap and I have 528 ap. SO I decide to look at the groups gear. I kid you not and I wish I had screen shot this, the HM 12 had 412 ap and the hm 10 had 385. I can not make this up. I was like what the actual *cricket*. On the flip side I ran naryu today with a full pt of 550+ ap. My party wiped at Fuijin and Raijin. I decide okay lets lfp. I find a 450ish party and we clear if faster than we did with the 550 ap party. Some people don't understand mechanics. 

4 hours ago, Majka said:

I'm always more than convinced that owning a legendary weapon has some side effects on synapses connections...I hope before I'll get it some antidotes will be available.

This. I can not agree with this more.

3 hours ago, Huuxera said:

Speaking about "carrying", ever since I hit 500+ AP usually I join premade groups in the lobby in opposed to dungeon finder, so I don't end up with bots. But honestly most of the times these premade groups fail a lot because people just go in and afk. You can't kick them. They will just get carried, bid on loot and leave. You can't even report them. Seriously, is that why people grind so hard in this game for gears? So they will just afk at daily challenge dungeons? What are people even playing this game for anymore??

Had a 650+ AP warlock (with legendary weapon) afk at every boss in Naryu Labyrinth. It's great that we didn't need him to clear the dungeon, but it's stupid how he can get credit for doing absolutely nothing.

1 hour ago, Kung Fung said:

We need easy dungeons?

No. We need short dungeons.

5 minutes ago, FaeQueen said:

Some people don't understand mechanics. 

They dont understand their class.

the other day I ran with a BM that has hongmoon block in yeti. Guess what, he can't do 8cruxes iframes. 

I told him to get good, if you are a BM 8 cruxes is a cake walk, stopping at ice phase is pointless. Dps all the way.

I can iframe all cruxes with my BM, so can you.

he get in his sarcasm self and said he's a noob. Then he shows me the achievement that he has done over 200s run of yeti.

Ap isn't everything you say?

let me correct you, for morons that has ran over 200 times and can't carry party in 8 cruxes phase. They absolutely do need more AP.

I have found out that people try to compensate lack of skill with stats... because it sort of work. When you are in a 600+ ap party, you can dps the boss in seconds you dont have to worry for mechanics in most cases. And then they join a slower party and dont know what to do because they are just used to face roll their keyboards and everything dying.
If you dps yeti fast enough he dies before the cruxes, if you dps the scorpion in necro fast enough she doesnt do the aoe, etc ,etc.
As a side note... the fact that this happened in naryu kinda blows my mind. Back when it came out i was running it with 380+ap parties and that was considered high ap for 6 man. 

15 minutes ago, Unicorns said:

I have found out that people try to compensate lack of skill with stats... because it sort of work. When you are in a 600+ ap party, you can dps the boss in seconds you dont have to worry for mechanics in most cases. And then they join a slower party and dont know what to do because they are just used to face roll their keyboards and everything dying.
If you dps yeti fast enough he dies before the cruxes, if you dps the scorpion in necro fast enough she doesnt do the aoe, etc ,etc.
As a side note... the fact that this happened in naryu kinda blows my mind. Back when it came out i was running it with 380+ap parties and that was considered high ap for 6 man. 

There's something suspicious about his story. With 500+ AP? There's no way they get wiped at Mino.

I got a solid proof

i used to have 500 AP, and I was farming Naryu relics with my friend who was also a Soul Fighter a week ago.

we duo it and killed it.

even if they don't get Mino to ram the red wall, a party of 550+ including a legendary cannot, I repeat CANNOT get wiped.

I ran an Asura run with a 600+ party one time.  They said they wanted me to stealth them past the trash mobs but when i went to swap from dark build to stealth build so i would have my smoke bomb specced for stealth they couldn't wait 5 seconds and ran in to the mobs.  Half the party died, then called me stupid.  

So then we get to the next group of mobs and, instead of waiting for my cd to come up in 10s they ran in again, and died again.  Then raged at me cause i was carrying Fighting Spirit instead of Lotus of Rescue.  Apparently I was supposed to be specced based on the assumption that they were retarded and I was going to have to keep retrieving their corpses in a 6 man 600+ ap Asura party.  Why is a 600+ party even dying to trash mobs in the first place.  

After being berated for their own mistakes, I snapped.  I told them in no uncertain terms that I absolutely would not swap to lotus of rescue since they were incapable of acting like decent human beings and if they wanted to successfully finish the run they should probably stop killing themselves like lemmings.  They bitched and moaned, but there was not a single death from that point on and we finished the dungeon.

Simply put, as you discovered in your run, some people are just dumb and you shouldn't worry about it.

When I had 550-600 AP I always tried to find 4-man parties. Now that I am at 630+ AP I to be honest rather join random lowbie party since usually they value the mechanics over wrecking everything. Plus it's always nice and fast to finish the dungeons in easy mode.

I think there are also lowbie AP players who lost their brain cells in the process. I had this thing happening to me on my 49 alt at Yeti (yes I know I was low level but had over 420 AP and I was playing as FM with good amount of experience and 6 runs of 4-mans behind me on that char) and I got flamed for sucking since a KFM died at the mushroom part. I got blamed that he died. .__. Logic?

3 hours ago, BuckForte said:

the other day I ran with a BM that has hongmoon block in yeti. Guess what, he can't do 8cruxes iframes. 

I told him to get good, if you are a BM 8 cruxes is a cake walk, stopping at ice phase is pointless. Dps all the way.

I can iframe all cruxes with my BM, so can you.

he get in his sarcasm self and said he's a noob. Then he shows me the achievement that he has done over 200s run of yeti.

Ap isn't everything you say?

let me correct you, for morons that has ran over 200 times and can't carry party in 8 cruxes phase. They absolutely do need more AP.

I'm a bm with hm block but I could only iframe 5 crux,  I could do 6 to 8 but I start messing up but I actually do have a delay. (So you gonna tell me to git guud too? Although I don't even have 100 yeti runs yet)

AP isn't everything if they don't have a proper stats to back it up because it blows my mind sometime on how some has a lot of ap but wtf is up with their acc/crit/crit dmg. 

The only time I want them to have more ap is when they're lagging as fff, I rather have a "low" ap with proper knowledge about the place/ know their class / lagging person who's decent enough than a brainless person with a lot of ap thinking they can just bust down shits. I'm fine if it's poh and bsh (even yeti sometimes) but when it's comes to nexus / higher and the up coming new raids, I don't want them.

As for your second post about Mino and doing duo. *claps* Just because you beat it with duo doesn't mean it isn't impossible to wipe/cannot wipe for others. So your "solid proof" is prety much invalid. Yes, it's still possible to burst it down without having it charge to the red doors but likewise you can still wipe. It was said the berserk mode came in early = not hitting door means it's charging more often around the room = you chaise it around + the red lasers activated and increase more and more = people are getting stunned + it's also healing and has def + it was also said the mino was in the wall sometimes making your skills get blocked out and you'd have to move/ camera angle change each time so you can atk again. So again, yes it's very possible to wipe, also I prefer to have it charge the red walls because you save 4+ mins opposed to just blindly bursting it down.

48 minutes ago, HungryTaro said:

I'm a bm with hm block but I could only iframe 5 crux,  I could do 6 to 8 but I start messing up but I actually do have a delay. (So you gonna tell me to git guud too? Although I don't even have 100 yeti runs yet)

AP isn't everything if they don't have a proper stats to back it up because it blows my mind sometime on how some has a lot of ap but wtf is up with their acc/crit/crit dmg. 

The only time I want them to have more ap is when they're lagging as fff, I rather have a "low" ap with proper knowledge about the place/ know their class / lagging person who's decent enough than a brainless person with a lot of ap thinking they can just bust down shits. I'm fine if it's poh and bsh (even yeti sometimes) but when it's comes to nexus / higher and the up coming new raids, I don't want them.

As for your second post about Mino and doing duo. *claps* Just because you beat it with duo doesn't mean it isn't impossible to wipe/cannot wipe for others. So your "solid proof" is prety much invalid. Yes, it's still possible to burst it down without having it charge to the red doors but likewise you can still wipe. It was said the berserk mode came in early = not hitting door means it's charging more often around the room = you chaise it around + the red lasers activated and increase more and more = people are getting stunned + it's also healing and has def + it was also said the mino was in the wall sometimes making your skills get blocked out and you'd have to move/ camera angle change each time so you can atk again. So again, yes it's very possible to wipe, also I prefer to have it charge the red walls because you save 4+ mins opposed to just blindly bursting it down.

First of all, don't get salty because people told you to get good. You are too sensitive. If you are bad, practice, get good.

second of all I was making my point about him having 200 runs+ but still can't iframe 8 cruxes.

3rd of all, I have never once said anything about I'm prejudice, discriminate, or bias against high AP players. 

I clearly stated that those people that have done over 200+ runs and still can't iframe properly, AP means everything to them.

Sorry, I have never been in a Naryu party that got wiped at Mino, so I cannot acknowledge something impossible.

Yup.  Seen it before.  I was level 50 HM 3 at the time (HM 8 now) on my Warlock.  Dumbass decided to attack thrasher while two of us where still on the way to him, we burn in a fire wall (other was 50 as well) and we're told by the one who started, we were being carried :p

3 hours ago, BuckForte said:

First of all, don't get salty because people told you to get good. You are too sensitive. If you are bad, practice, get good.

second of all I was making my point about him having 200 runs+ but still can't iframe 8 cruxes.

3rd of all, I have never once said anything about I'm prejudice, discriminate, or bias against high AP players. 

I clearly stated that those people that have done over 200+ runs and still can't iframe properly, AP means everything to them.

Sorry, I have never been in a Naryu party that got wiped at Mino, so I cannot acknowledge something impossible.

Oh I'm not salty, although what's bothering me is your post on the bm hm block. Its sounds like if your a bm with hm block your suppose to know how to do 8 crux cause its a "cake walk", it is but I don't expect everyone to know how to iframe/ with their connections. If they were going on about how they ran 200+ yeti runs and manage to freeze still over and over.... we'll I guess I'll start wondering about their connection or if they ever tried Iframing 8 crux before or know for to iframe,  period.

As for the guy who said 200+ yeti run in a sarcastic tone, it seems like you were asking for that kind of reply since you said "git guud", again sounds like your the first to say that kind of comment, he'll you might have even said other things like.. "your a bm with hm block how do you not know how to iframe 8 crux". If he randomly said in a sarcastic tone about 200+ yeti run or rage because he died, then I'd say to "git guud".

As for the ap thing, what I'm trying to say is even if they have 700+ ap.. if they're a moron, as you said,  that AP would have been wasted eitherway tbh. 

Well good for you that you haven't gotten into a failed run but probably should a added that I said of saying "cannot wipe," just because you haven't experience it yourself and only had good runs. Overall I could tell you it's still quite possible to wipe over something stupid.

Honestly,  looking back at your first post, it's sounds like your expecting too much with your "I could do this with my bm, so can you" attitude or maybe I just don't expect too much of people anymore. 

33 minutes ago, HungryTaro said:

Oh I'm not salty, although what's bothering me is your post on the bm hm block. Its sounds like if your a bm with hm block your suppose to know how to do 8 crux cause its a "cake walk", it is but I don't expect everyone to know how to iframe/ with their connections. If they were going on about how they ran 200+ yeti runs and manage to freeze still over and over.... we'll I guess I'll start wondering about their connection or if they ever tried Iframing 8 crux before or know for to iframe,  period.

As for the guy who said 200+ yeti run in a sarcastic tone, it seems like you were asking for that kind of reply since you said "git guud", again sounds like your the first to say that kind of comment, he'll you might have even said other things like.. "your a bm with hm block how do you not know how to iframe 8 crux". If he randomly said in a sarcastic tone about 200+ yeti run or rage because he died, then I'd say to "git guud".

As for the ap thing, what I'm trying to say is even if they have 700+ ap.. if they're a moron, as you said,  that AP would have been wasted eitherway tbh. 

Well good for you that you haven't gotten into a failed run but probably should a added that I said of saying "cannot wipe," just because you haven't experience it yourself and only had good runs. Overall I could tell you it's still quite possible to wipe over something stupid.

Honestly,  looking back at your first post, it's sounds like your expecting too much with your "I could do this with my bm, so can you" attitude or maybe I just don't expect too much of people anymore. 

I do expect people to know how to iframe. He never told me he wa lagging either, so that can't be an excuse.

i was able to iframe 8 cruxes even without hm block, with something like this handicap hm block, I just can't imagine a BM that still can't do it. That's why I said cake walk. He did actually died because I refused to stop at icephase. 

I'll tell you more detail into the story

for SF, I could iframe all days, because the skills will just cycle cd by itself, I didn't need anyone to save me.

with a party of 550+ AP, why the hell would you need to stop at ice phase, a complete waste of time. I just asking him to hm block to help the others. I could revive them but I didn't care if he fail. But he keep yelling at me and told me to stop dps at ice phase which is unreasonable and stubborn on his and my part. Don't expect me to cover to that level of failure. Story comes to close, I didn't expect him to be any use, he died at ice phase and I completely carried the whole party.

of course he died and snapped, blame it on me for his dead. I told him he got HM block, either get good or gtfo.

He said you are running dungeon with party, not solo, so you should do what's good for everyone, and argument went on, I told him he's a useless BM then he shows me his achievement. 

My point is, if you suck, you should take the carry and be fkin grateful about it.

edit: 

also there's a double standard when it comes to dungeon, if you got high AP, people would still take your contribution even if you fail(well mostly), but if you got low AP, you are nothing but a leech in their eyes. Period.

so AP is everything to them.

Archived