Support giving preferential treatment to lvl10 Premium players

Trix

2 hours ago, Cherish said:

The big part of the problem here is that the game is being pushed out so fast that the majority of us really can't afford to properly gear up more than one character.  If like in other areas the game had been released over a much longer period then we wouldn't have this issue at all.  I also believe NCsoft is working on putting an item in the cash shop that will allow you to transfer your accessories etc to other characters on your account.  IF that process was already in the game then there would be no issue as my friend would simply have purchased it and been happy.

The issue is that this guy is contacting support knowing it has been done for others and not being done for him.  It is not listed in the list of items that are given to Premium Level 10 players so therefore it should be available to all. 

To all the negative and sometimes borderline nasty responders I am angry this has happened to my friend but I am also very unhappy the service is NOT OFFERED TO ALL PLAYERS.  If it can be done for one it can be done for all.

I honestly recommend you have him send in a new ticket under the Restore Item/Character etc. area in the support page. Detailing what he wants sent briefly from 1 character to the other and mention how it is impacting him making a purchase if he cannot enjoy the game to a fullest usually gets companies to go along and assist you. Wish  your friend luck trying to have things sent over, have him mention that others have had it done to them as-well, pressure usually leads to success with support teams, whatever the game.

20 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I also wanted to add:

On the public, official stream, we have asked the NC Soft reps openly:

Will there be Shared Storage?

Will there be Account-bound anything, including Accessories.

And the official response was NO, it is too hard to code it. When you make an alt, you assume a full burden of gearing and decking it out.

What we see here, is that apparently this is not the case, and the Customer Service has ways to easily do a transfer of character-bound items to an alt. So doing so on a game-wide basis should be technically pretty darn easy (not that I have ever doubted it).

But we are neither getting it as a limited paid service to flip a main, nor we are getting it as the Cadillac version when everyone has access to it, nor as a revenue generating move to have subs above whatever level of membership getting access to it...

All and all, it is a service that is in demand, but most of us are neither getting it nor are aware of a reliable way to secure it.

As for that stream; they said a lot of crap on that stream and pretty much said no to all the questions they had no clue about. All of the positives mentioned on the stream they added negatives too?

Want to change your clan to the other faction? No can do.
Want to get moonstones on SSP? Join the other faction if your having trouble, lol.
(Explains the new server merges, for sure... they'll want people to buy tickets for the almighty dollar and pound to transfer their characters)

Anyone who does not think that ANY business will give preferential treatment to their higher paying customers is either delusional or has never been exposed to real world economics. Of course they will put more effort into their higher paying customers, why should they give equal treatment to freeloaders who are doing either nothing or much less to support their company?

My friend types in the most retarded manner and comes up with the most BS tickets to NCsoft support, and he always gets what he wants and more just because he is premium 10. The only time they ever turned down a request of his was this one time he sent a ticket when he was only like premium 6. They have fully refunded him materials (and also gave extra), nccoin, cosmetics, and suspended people for him. Another friend of mine who is premium 10 asked for them to reset his legendary weapon because he accidentally upgraded to seraph instead of baleful. Instead of resetting him, they gave him a completely new baleful dagger and let him keep his old seraph dagger. He has both weapons to prove it. My other friend was able to singlehandedly fund his own clan outfit with the extra materials that support gave him for free. 

Bottom line here is don't expect to get special treatment if you're not willing to pay for it.

Also, the person you get from support can play a small factor in it as well. Another friend of mine told me is friend's account got hacked and had all of his items stolen, and he sent over 20 tickets until someone finally agreed to restore his account. I don't know what premium rank he was though. 

yeah i've noticed the priority treatment as well. 2 months ago I had premium (lvl 9) and when I made a ticket, the problem would get resolved within the day. I canceled my subscription about a month and a half ago and ever since then, it takes weeks to get my problem solved if they even bother looking at them. 

My oldest ticket is 3 weeks old and they still haven't fixed or addressed it even though I ask them about updates on my problem consistently.

I am surprise NCSOFT haven't close this thread yet.

Is not hard to tag something as account bound. All they need to do is decide which items they wan to be account bound, add a few lines of code and BAM!! you can now mail those items to your alt.

Is every MMO I play there are always account bound storage and lot's of items are account bound including some epic gear, upgrade accessories and gold. In this game? Nope.

9 hours ago, Cherish said:

mmmhh well as one of the players who received the preferential treatment I have contacted Support myself over this matter.  I asked how they could do something for me and not the friend mentioned here.  We are all in the same clan so when my friend changed his main from Summoner to Soul Fighter I suggested he contact support to have his items transferred.  When he received his first knock back from Support I was so disgusted I mailed them myself and asked why if they could do it for me and others I knew they couldn't do it for this guy.

ONLY difference between those of us that had something done within a few hours was the Premium Level.

I have to wonder about their business model because I have always been taught the Customer you have is worth a ton more to you than the ones you still have to try and get.  I would have thought a Customer who is still loyal to you after all these months isn't less valuable than the ones who spent a bit faster.  My reasoning is as a Premium 10 I don't have a lot more I want to buy in the game so my dollars dry up BUT the guy who is still slowly getting to Premium 10 are guaranteed dollars in the bank.

The reason this incidence is so sour to me is that when my friend first contacted support he was blatantly lied to and told it simply could not be done.  I then told my friend he was welcome to say that they had transferred items for me which he did and the tone of the Support response has now changed to ***it is done for some on MERIT*  My question to you is what is *MERIT* 3 Premium Level 10 ask and it is done immediately 1 Premium Level 7 asks and is told No.  ONLY difference between us all is PREMIUM LEVEL 10. 

Well I'm a premium 10 and support has never done anything for me. Whether its a transfer or item recovery, all they say is "tough luck" or "we dont have to tools to do anything regarding the subject matter at hand".... Not a single time. So I think premium level isn't what was making a difference. While I can't even transfer some of the head-start items received from the gold bundle like potions or things I never used from an old character to my new ones, people in my clan get things as simple as untradeable gems transferred or items restored that they accidentally sold to the vendor. It's not because of the premium level, it's just if they feel like it. They can take the issue and send it up saying a certain person needs a certain item restored or moved but if they dont feel like it, you're out of luck. Support: "I'm having a good day. Oh this person needs an item transfer. Oh why the heck not! Done!" -OR- Support: "Man this has been such a horrible day. Oh this guys says he needs a transfer. Too bad mother****er!! AHAHAHAHA! Suck it *****!"

1 hour ago, Hollow said:

Pics or it didn't happen.

But really though I wish a moderator/ncsoft employee would hop into this conversation.

Unfortunately I can't name drop or you could view someone's past streams on their twitch and have video evidence that it happens.

also I don't get WHY the coding is so hard. Hongmoon gems are account bound. Have been since I got them and still are no matter how many characters they've been switched between.

Can't they just make shared storage between all of our characters on our account?(Like almost every other mmo has this).This way we can give to our alts or mains items that aren't tradeable. Just put whatever you want to transfer in storage, then, log in from other char and you get it. I don't see a reason why they wouldn't make something like this because we're just trying to transfer between OUR chars.

On 7/8/2016 at 6:15 AM, Emma Frost said:

Another friend of mine who is premium 10 asked for them to reset his legendary weapon because he accidentally upgraded to seraph instead of baleful. Instead of resetting him, they gave him a completely new baleful dagger and let him keep his old seraph dagger. He has both weapons to prove it. My other friend was able to singlehandedly fund his own clan outfit with the extra materials that support gave him for free. 

whAaAaAAaaAaaAAT??!?!?!!?!?! @_@ what th-

what
wh

2 hours ago, H1GHV0LT4G3 said:

I don't see a reason why they wouldn't make something like this because we're just trying to transfer between OUR chars.

them money dollas is what it is.

sad thing, if more stuff was account bound we'd have more players investing time into alts. and if the wardrobe was free (like other regions) we'd have more players who don't want to buy premium buying outfits from the store, and going back to the less populated areas to farm outfits for collection. 

this whole thread is so depressing

Good, I'm glad he got rejected and everyone else that asks should be rejected too. This shouldn't even be a thing. o.o

Everyone has to put in the hard work, people getting shit like this is just plain dumb.

If your paying my mortgage i'll send the items anywhere you want. If your not playing my mortgage you can start from scratch.

When you consider the massive amount of money they guys spent to get to premium rank 10, I think it's completely acceptable to have this as a once off service.

Scenario:
I own a bar. 2 guys come in, once sits down, orders several bottles, and spends a fortune. the other buys a couple of drinks and just hangs out with the other guy. At one point, the big spender says he needs the bathroom, and my public bathroom has a line. He asks to use the staff bathroom. I allow it. His friend who only bought a couple of drinks ask if he also can. I deny it. If your gonna pay my mortgage you can do what I normally don't allow my customers to do, since I don't break the law in doing this, but if your not paying my mortgage, why should you get special treatment.

However, this should be something people know about, not a hidden service.

This is definitely true. I've seen it firsthand, and while different support staff do things differently, on the whole a player who has invested a lot in the game will experience better support.

But that's just to be expected. A free to play game, offering better service for paying clientele. It occurred in other f2p games I played, as a behind the scenes bonus to keep the player invested in the company.

21 minutes ago, Hire De Lune said:

This is definitely true. I've seen it firsthand, and while different support staff do things differently, on the whole a player who has invested a lot in the game will experience better support.

But that's just to be expected. A free to play game, offering better service for paying clientele. It occurred in other f2p games I played, as a behind the scenes bonus to keep the player invested in the company.

This.

If you are a free to play player and have invested a lot of time into the game, without making a purchase they will not assume you will start to buy anything from them anytime soon. If you are a paying player / premium whatever they are of course going to try and help your needs so you make future payments. If you are paying player and are not satisfied with the help you receive it can then end up where you don't feel satisfied in the game at all as you cannot enjoy the full potential of the game. 

Do I think this is fair? No. I don't. However, I believe that any support should give quality service to players, all players in fact. If I was a free to play player, and I decide to change mains for example and ask support to send things over and they say no, I'd be disappointed if I knew that others who were pay to play received this treatment. If they gave me this treatment, it would make me want to support the game; including financially by buying an item in the cash shop, etc. The service they are offering to paying players; going by this thread and what I have had help with myself (I am level 10, Premium) is what they should be offering everyone. Should they remove these offerings for the players? No. All items should be account bound as it is; it is poor design to not have the items account bound. Account bound items do not affect the games economy and would also increase profit; I would honestly level up more characters and buy dragon pouch bags and such on all of them if I could send my things over with ease and without a fee. Shared bank (Account-Bound bank) would also benefit this if also opened with dragon pouches per each row of the bank. (but this is another topic entirely, and I won't get too much into it).

As Hire said above, it is to be expected from a free to play game. Someone who has put in £1000 + is of course going to get quality of life treatment from support to increase the chances of them putting in more £'s. Free to play players won't put in £'s, definitely if they are satisfied with the treatment they are getting as F2P. 

Also, adding to this. As I stated before I am premium level 10. I have had many things denied to me by support (Warrior Tokens, Pirate Emblems being sent to an alt, gems being sent to an alt and other things as-well) there are things they can do. There are things they can't do. Most things they also do is a "one time only" and they check with you multiple times before doing it as-well. Some support staff members do somethings differently to others and I think this is where the problems are - they need to all be following from the same guidelines on what they can and cannot do for their customers. I

7 minutes ago, Kitah said:

The service they are offering to paying players; going by this thread and what I have had help with myself (I am level 10, Premium) is what they should be offering everyone.

First and foremost those services have to be documented, because if you notice some of the level 10 players in this thread got zip when they've asked. I am the kind of a person that goes by the rules, so I wouldn't even consider asking.

But if the Premium benefits were buffed up with the Account sharing features at some level, I'd consider going there. I need to see price of a service before I commit to it.

21 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

First and foremost those services have to be documented, because if you notice some of the level 10 players in this thread got zip when they've asked. I am the kind of a person that goes by the rules, so I wouldn't even consider asking.

But if the Premium benefits were buffed up with the Account sharing features at some level, I'd consider going there. I need to see price of a service before I commit to it.

I totally get you there. These services should be documented; but I also feel support service should be great for ALL players whether they are F2P or paying customers. You should always give quality service to your customers as they may then become potential paying customers in the future. I have read the rules, normally if they say no I usually ask them why are they unable to help me or if there is anything they could do to assist me in another way for them to meet my needs. As a customer of any kind, a company should assist you and help you enjoy their product to the highest of standards this can also help them with word of mouth marketing which will get their service and product known to a variety of other people and potential players - or even previous players who have had shoddy service given to them. Honestly; if you ever want something done you should contact the support just to "try your luck". It never hurts to ask and it makes you aware of what they can and cannot do. It also makes you aware of what they are helping other people with; and if they are not helping you with the same thing they are obviously picking and choosing favourites. 

Out of what I have had done for them to help me, there has been plenty. Not to go into too much detail; or to brag I think it is right that they should allow people to have assistance with any and all topics even if they cannot give them the answers or help they specifically need.
I have had: 2 Gems from the last RNG box (The Citrine and the Amethyst) sent to a friend despite the fact these are untradeble gems.

I also got a Peridot from the trove the other day which I had sent to another character on another server.. however they messed up and gave me 2 which they have now corrected (I made them aware of their mistake).
I have had Clan Fabrics and other clan items moved from one character to another on the same account. (Items that really should be account bound!)
I had them reset a Rumblebee Volume 2 that I had opened by mistake and then deleted the quest.

I have had non-store bought outfits moved from one character to another. Along with cat items that have been used on a character and now cannot be sent. (Also, for some reason it didn't let me send them with tickets either).

As you can see, they have done plenty. Do I deserve the help? I believe I do. Customers should always be given the help they assistance they can for the product. Everyone else should also receive this type of help as-well; it shouldn't depend on rank or the support member you receive at the other end. Due to me getting good support from their support team I still continue to financially support the game. A "You help me, I help you" type of deal - in my mind, that is how it is; I help them by paying for the game, investing time and letting others be aware that the game exists (friends, family, word of mouth information - positive information at that as-well). If you are given a bad experience if will cloud your view of the game and will have you respond negatively. Features like this should've been released to the customers to do on their own accord and support shouldn't have be mailed to send one item to another which YOU earned or bought on the same account.

I totally agree with your second point as-well. The premium benefits are very lacklustre definitely if you are at endgame when you decide that you now want to subscribe. You only really benefit at Rank 9 and 10 which I feel these should be given to players around Rank 4 and 5. While this is another topic entirely; Wardrobe should be free for all which will have free to play players then buying costumes from the Hongmoon Store (with both Hongmoon and Ncoin) and an account wide version should be available for paying customers. (if this isn't possible, all characters in the same server) since the lack of space is what makes free to pay players not pay. Same with dragon pouches. Give us more tabs to open up with more dragon pouches, have discount on the bags needed for players who are paying customers with high premium ranks. There are many things they could do, but I do not believe support priority should be one of them. Support should be good for all players, not just a select few.

26 minutes ago, Kitah said:

I totally get you there. These services should be documented; but I also feel support service should be great for ALL players whether they are F2P or paying customers. You should always give quality service to your customers as they may then become potential paying customers in the future. I have read the rules, normally if they say no I usually ask them why are they unable to help me or if there is anything they could do to assist me in another way for them to meet my needs. As a customer of any kind, a company should assist you and help you enjoy their product to the highest of standards this can also help them with word of mouth marketing which will get their service and product known to a variety of other people and potential players - or even previous players who have had shoddy service given to them. Honestly; if you ever want something done you should contact the support just to "try your luck". It never hurts to ask and it makes you aware of what they can and cannot do. It also makes you aware of what they are helping other people with; and if they are not helping you with the same thing they are obviously picking and choosing favourites.

I feel that anything game-breaking absolutely has to be fixed for every player. I actually like that in this game all players have access to filing tickets and the official forums. In SWTOR if you did not sub, you could not.

But interestingly enough, despite the 100% accessibility of the BnS support they seem to get to you far faster than in SWTOR.

In my almost 3 years now of playing MMOs, I've contacted CS three times.

In one case SWTOR CS moved my character that was inaccessible, which resolved the problem (it was a known issue).  Twice more, it was a quest mechanics that was not obvious, and I resolved it by talking to the other players on the forums, and managing to get through.

In SWTOR, that ticket never got answered and I closed it as soon as I got the advice which took over a day.

In BnS, and I have contacted the CS because I could not jump the rocks on Jinsoyun 13 times, and I wanted so for them to advance the quest for me past the jumping. Their reply was actually fairly decent asking for a screenshot of the problem before I got the forum advice. By that time someone explained to me that you should do it on the other side as opposite to following Jinsoyun as the cutscene seems to prompt you.

It was a frivolous request, and I know it.

From what I see on the forums, even when people complain about the CS, for the most part it is actually decent and engages into quite protracted discussions with every customer. I actually find it odd, that 'no' doesn't mean 'no' with them according to the e-mail chains I have seen. It means: "no, if you are a nice person," and "yes, if you keep putting pressure on".

I don't really like it that nice folks get penalized by this system.

Just now, DomiSotto said:

I feel that anything game-breaking absolutely has to be fixed for every player. I actually like that in this game all players have access to filing tickets and the official forums. In SWTOR if you did not sub, you could not.

But interestingly enough, despite the 100% accessibility of the BnS support they seem to get to you far faster than in SWTOR.

In BnS, and I have contacted the CS because I could not jump the rocks on Jinsoyun 13 times, and I wanted so for them to advance the quest for me past the jumping. Their reply was actually fairly decent asking for a screenshot of the problem before I got the forum advice. By that time someone explained to me that you should do it on the other side as opposite to following Jinsoyun as the cutscene seems to prompt you.

It was a frivolous request, and I know it.

From what I see on the forums, even when people complain about the CS, for the most part it is actually decent and engages into protracted discussions with every customer.

I agree with you 100%. I have contacted MANY support teams over the years those being online stores, forum websites, other MMOs and so far this has been the best support I have ever received from a game. I used to play a social game, and had been playing it for 8 years before I joined here and I had spent much more on that game than I have done here and their support was terrible. I even was a volunteer at one point for their support team and behind closed doors the rules were "Ignore free to pay players requests, if they get compromised tell them tough luck. If they have bought anything in the last 3 months you can help them". That made me sick and I ended up quitting the team. I honestly feel it depends on the GM you get on the other side when it comes to customer support. Staying in the same ticket over the last request I have had on BNS support I have had 4 different GM's answer me at different times of the day. They communicate very well with the players and if you have any other questions they personalise the ticket instead of using a macro (automated message for a specific need which  you usually get as the first response to your message unless it is a complicated issue you are having). The support team is fantastic; I just feel as I stated before they are not following from the same sheet of rules. 

You stated you had an issue with a quest; I feel as though the bug forum needs a bit of a tidying up and should have specific areas with it broken down into categories (but again, I should probably make a new thread for this). Having Technical Issues then have it broken down into: Quest Bugs, Item Bugs, Other. Then having Items bugs catagorised under "Hongmoon Store Items", "Event Items", "Other". and Quests broken down into area "Viridian, Cinderlands, Moonwater, Silverfrost, Arena" would help staff members who help assist on these specific issues get a little look into these threads. Thread merging with specific issues like this would also help and players could also input as-well. But like you also mentioned, their support team is fast and very interested in trying to meet your needs and assist you in the best way they possibly can. I have also noticed that they do misunderstand somethings so communicating with them and having them communicate back is also very helpful to speed up the progress of your tickets. Talking of bugs, I had a mail bug where 2 of my items are stuck in mail and they gave me the items after confirming what I actually wanted help with. Their assistance is top-notch and I cannot recommend a better support team. It is kind of sad that others do not feel the same way but if I go back to my original point I can understand why: All customers deserve the same treatment; they are all customers and they all can become potential piggy banks. 

Also, adding to the initial point in the thread. If you are downright rude to customer service you honestly don't deserve much help at all. Demanding things isn't the best way to go about getting anything you want. If you go to an interview for a job you don't demand for the job; you ask questions and get answers and discuss potential outcomes, etc. Support works the same way. I always thank them for the work they've helped me with, even if I do not get the answer I seek along with thanking them for their overall job. Being nice doesn't cost anything; so why not? You're more likely to get the results / answers you seek if you aren't rude about it. Explaining you are upset without swearing at them also helps and trying to breakdown what you want in a summary at the end of your message also helps them validate what you are after. For example: "GIVE ME THIS GEM ON MY ALT" while that is transparent in what you want, demanding isn't the key to success. If you go along the lines of "I hope you can assist me, I am wanting to change mains (or whatever you are wanting to do or the reason for the move of the gem) could you please move x gem over to x character?" If it is multiple items you want moving listing them instead of putting them in a paragraph also helps them identify what you are wanting assistance with.

Archived