BNS West Pay to Play - Why not?

Erza Scarlet

For most working people, Buy 2 Play and Subscription are way less expensive in the long run than F2P games.   The micro transactions in F2P are through the roof...especially when considering a game that is heavily unfriendly to alts on the same account such as this one.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love this game to go p2p subscription and here are some reasons why...

1.  This is the big one..... bots/spam would be reduced drastically but you could never do away with all of it. Every bot banned is more income into ncsofts pocket and it would really relieve a lot of things that are corrupting this game.  Gold seller websites literally have 100g for 5 USD and it only continues to go down. For the average player making 100g literally takes a full day so it is insanely hard to progress because of current prices on the auction.  Living off a RNG based system in dungeons makes the game very grindy which is appealing to a lot of people but I know people with 100+ runs in asura with no ember, which makes time spent really not worth doing anything in the game because the economy is so terrible, or they could go spend 8 bucks and make the same profit.  By getting rid of the bots it would bring gold value up over time and make playing the game and progressing easier for most players.

2.  More events.... more income from a player base  means to do away with the RNG boxes that cannot be farmed in the game but i do feel as though certain cosmetics should still be in the HM / Ncoin shop... I am not referring to trove catch up events or something like that I am talking about valentines day or pvp events in which people get aquamarines and 35 atk diamonds not peridots.  Other regions have events running constantly and it really helps to progress.

Making the game p2p would not be hard at all honestly... they could give a month or 2 heads up to players and make the sub base kind of like tera where you can purchase with gold from the HM store or you could buy the sub with ncoin and only the subs could play.. The only problem with this is the venture tokens.  So they could make a new in game currency if they had to which players who did not want to spend real money could purchase it with gold.

On 7/9/2016 at 10:12 AM, AttacKat said:

You heard wrong. ;p

HM0->HM10 = ~31M+ exp points, where L0-L50 is only <1M exp.

The post I seen had a comparison of experience needed for HM levels for KR vs F2P regions and it was significantly less for KR.  I couldn't find the post again, but it looked legit to me.  I have never played the Korea version, so I wouldn't know.  I will disregard this for future reference.  Thanks.

On 10/7/2016 at 0:54 AM, Nilkemios said:

And? They still dropped it in the end for free-to-play, so it clearly didn't work "perfectly". And it's 2016, so they've gone at least 3 years not being free to play now by what you've said.

Have you been in Aion the last 3 years..? From what you say, most likely not, Cause if you were, and you like what you saw, then you're either a hacker, a botter, or a gold spammer. Or you like dead servers.

Then that's another sign of the subscription not working if it was dropped in the end. And from what I've seen of the community now, it's certainly better than Aion or Blade and Soul have ever been. No gold seller spam or bot trains either.

They dropped p2p cause the community was bad and that caused people to leave. It wasn't the p2p that made people leave the game, was the community. And fyi, when it went f2p we had gold sellers and hackers and bots. They cleared it for a bit and then they came back. That last time was like..Not even a year ago. And the community got "better" if you can call it like that, cause obviously as free to play more people who refused to pay to play came. And btw the "new f2p community" is more or less like here: People who have a free game and cry out like babies on forums for more free stuff. But at least there more people pay the monthly sub cause it gives stuff like for example extra entrances in dungeons. Not like in BnS.

Point is, the subscription didn't help it or make it "better"...I think you're agreeing with me a bit now.

A game that sucks will suck either way, I wouldn't play for example Wildstar even if they gave me for free a OP geared max lvl char and 1000€ to spend them in the cash shop. 

Considering the crap that goes on in real life, I'm sure there's many reasons for why the gaming community got "cheap". In any case, my start on Guild Wars 2 showed me that one doesn't need a subscription to make a good game. And, there's one other model people on this thread seem to be forgetting, the buy to play mode, which in my opinion is the best overall for both developer/publisher and the consumer.

So Blizzard makes all these money from the selective few that are rich? I think a company this big had thought about all the possibilities during all these successful years in the industry, and there is a reason why they are not going f2p despite all that crap around us. 

But I have to agree on one thing with you: B2p is maybe the best option, as long you don't have to pay 100€ per expansion. 

My god people still pushing this tired concept? Folks wake up, P2P doesnt me a chitty game better, it only makes it chittier and more expensive.

P2P would NOT eliminate:

Haxor friendly code

Bots (reduce maybe)

Gold spam (ditto)

Horrible lag inducing servers

RNG scam boxes and events

Mind numbingly dull daily grinds

Non existant end game

Drastically declining population

Game Guard

But hey if some of you are that eager to throw your money at someone, I could always give you my paypal account address.

On 7/8/2016 at 4:50 PM, Ethria said:

Aion worked perfectly for 3 whole years as p2p till 2012

Let me stop you right there. Aion stopped working "perfectly" 3 months into 2009, the year it was brought over to NA. The very same year I started playing.

By July 7th 2010 the first server merges took place. Now even a year before its first anniversary in NA. The game kept right on hemmorhaging players after that forcing the F2P decision.

April 2012 Aion f2p is implented. March 28th 2012, (one month later), the 2nd round of server merges take place. Noticing the pattern? The game lost players in droves. Oh and it wasnt cause everything was just simply awesome.

22 minutes ago, Arcayne said:

P2P would NOT eliminate:

Haxor friendly code

Bots (reduce maybe)

Gold spam (ditto)

Gold spam will be eliminated the moment the gold value in this game stop being easily convertible into the RL currency in the ratio attractive for someone in a technologically-savvy parts of the developing world. For this to happen, the 'stuff' will have to become easy enough to earn and not heart-break inducing. If we all paid $15 a month that could be very possible.

29 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Gold spam will be eliminated the moment the gold value in this game stop being easily convertible into the RL currency in the ratio attractive for someone in a technologically-savvy parts of the developing world. For this to happen, the 'stuff' will have to become easy enough to earn and not heart-break inducing. If we all paid $15 a month that could be very possible.

You'd pay $15 a month for the 'possibility' that it might reduce, (sub games still get gold spam, just not as much), spam? No thanks. 

Thing is gold spam isnt even that high on the things to fix list. Certaintly not a higher priority than the game breaking stuff like haxors, incessant lag, rampant DC's, ridiculously tedious grind/RNG related "end game", Game Guard related issues and the tragically low pop as a result. These would need to be addressed and solved before P2P would ever even be considered as viable. Which of course they wont, hence, no sub for NC.

As a F2P game, these issues might not seem a big deal, (even though they actually are), however as a P2P the standards would need to be raised. Something NC isnt very keen, (or adept),  at doing since (Profit > Customer Satisfaction) is the NC mantra.

1 minute ago, Arcayne said:

Thing is gold spam isnt even that high on the things to fix list. Certaintly not a higher priority than the game breaking stuff like haxors, incessant lag, rampant DC's, ridiculously tedious grind/RNG related "end game", Game Guard related issues and the tragically low pop as a result. These would need to be addressed and solved before P2P would ever even be considered as viable. Which of course they wont, hence, no sub for NC.

The 'grind' part + gold seller spam is that what bothers me specifically. The rest of the problems you've listed occur very rarely for me, so I can't complain about it. I have seen the gold spam drop to nothing in another game I've played when the grind become obsolete. So, I naturally expect to stop spending my time blocking and blocking once I don't have to set out on a 1.5 month daily run of a CS to get one HM skill unlocked.

11 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

The 'grind' part + gold seller spam is that what bothers me specifically. The rest of the problems you've listed occur very rarely for me, so I can't complain about it. I have seen the gold spam drop to nothing in another game I've played when the grind become obsolete. So, I naturally expect to stop spending my time blocking and blocking once I don't have to set out on a 1.5 month daily run of a CS to get one HM skill unlocked.

You're fortunate then cause alot of people do suffer from these issues, enough so that the populations across NA servers have drastically dwindled. Hence the need for this 'pseudo' server merge tomorrow. Don't be fooled, this thing tomorrow is a merge by another name.

I didnt even mention the the thing that really crawls up my bum. This might be the single most alt unfriendly MMO Ive ever played.

For anyone with any semblance of a RL, creating, leveling, and gearing a 2nd toon is downright infeasible. Just one toon is a mindnumbing, headache inducing chore. Thats a game breaker for me cause I get bored quick on just one toon.

9 minutes ago, Arcayne said:

Youre fortunate then cause alot of people do suffer from these issues, enough so that the populations accross NA servers have drastically dwindled. Hence the need for this 'pseudo' server merge tomorrow. Down be fooled, this thing tomorrow is a merge by another name.

I didnt even mention the the thing that really crawls up my bum. This might be the single most alt unfriendly MMO Ive ever played.

For anyone with any semblance of a RL, creating, leveling, and gearing a 2nd toon is downright infeasible. Just one toon is a mindnumbing, headache inducing chore. Thats a game breaker for me cause I get bored quick on just one toon.

Alt-phobic nature of this game is basically why I am on the verge of quitting all the time. I have geared one alt to 530 AP and my second one is working on 470. I am also not a good gamer, so I can't even take the "The Main to the Legendary and Beyond!" approach because I simply cannot do the dungeons it requires to do. My one way of surviving in a MMO is doing the easiest to mid-tier difficulty stuff on multiple characters + PvP (since to insensitive people to PvP which most players can't take due to delicate egos, games tend to reward participation lavishly). BnS though is punishing on alts, and punishing on PvP.

7 hours ago, Arcayne said:

Let me stop you right there. Aion stopped working "perfectly" 3 months into 2009, the year it was brought over to NA. The very same year I started playing.

By July 7th 2010 the first server merges took place. Now even a year before its first anniversary in NA. The game kept right on hemmorhaging players after that forcing the F2P decision.

April 2012 Aion f2p is implented. March 28th 2012, (one month later), the 2nd round of server merges take place. Noticing the pattern? The game lost players in droves. Oh and it wasnt cause everything was just simply awesome.

The funny thing is they just released a major update today and it still continues to somehow turn a profit here. When all is said and done it will probably have lasted far longer than BnS.

On 7/8/2016 at 1:38 PM, Ethria said:

It's f2p cause people in west are used to p2w. They "don't want" to play a p2p game and pay a monthly sub of 15$ and have most of things for free for example, but they have absolutely no problem to spend $$$$$$$ in the cash shop to "progress" as they call it here in BnS or to play with rng boxes and many of them also don't even mind to pay for a premium sub, but they just DON'T WANT a p2p game. If you ever understand what kind of "logic" this is, please let me know, this new species of gamers is really interesting. 

I don't mind a sub but sometimes I don't play enough to make it worth ti. One of the reasons I stop playing WoW was sometimes I don't play for weeks and still paid. I still pay a sub here but is much cheaper.

Archived