Olivia Darkheart

A new low from NCSoft [ Thank you package ]

Okay so I was one of the "unlucky" few who haven't received a thank you package.

Back in July 2015, wildstar was breached. 700k+ accounts where compromised in the issue. My account was one of these accounts, and someone changed the password on me and everything else. I contacted blade & soul months ago, which they told me to make a new email, which I did.

I recently found there is a thank you package and rewards for returning players. I never got one.

I contacted blade & soul about this issue and this is what they tell me:

" We found out that your account is not eligible for the reward since you don't meet the requirements for the rewards. To be eligible for the reward your account |||must be subscribed to B&S newsletter before the maintenance on 6/22.|||"

I've been subscribed to the newsletter on my original email before this game was even released. I was playing on taiwan & china well before this game was even thought about being brought to the united states. I've waitted *cricket* YEARS for this game to get released. I'm on the newsletter on about 6 different accounts.

I contacted them again saying my account IS on the newsletter, just not on this email because BLADE & SOUL SUPPORT FORCED ME TO GET A NEW EMAIL IN ORDER TO RECOVER MY ACCOUNT.

Now they are refusing to even give me a thank you package because I haven't met the requirements and seeing that the system was "automatic" they don't feel like they should have to give me one.

" Thank you for contacting Blade and Soul Support. We apologize for the delay in responding due to the high volume of tickets we are currently receiving

Regarding your concern, as we mentioned in the Producer’s Letter on June 3, we’ll be sending a thank you package to anyone who has signed up for the Blade & Soul newsletter before the 2.3 Soul Fighter maintenance begins on 6/22. Below I have listed all the possible way on how you are able to subscribe for this newsletter, though you will not be able to receive the rewards anymore.

Take note: If you have not done at least one of these these options before the maintenance date 6/22 , that is the reason why the system does not recognize you for the eligibility of the Newsletter Thank you Rewards. Furthermore, Game Support is not responsible for generating the players list that are eligible for the rewards which was all based from the system. We understand that you are not satisfied with the results, feel free to post your feedback and comments in the forums. "

Okay NCSoft, so I get hacked because of YOUR faulty security, so I get locked out for a few months, AND get punished by not getting something I should have received automatically? Because of YOUR security, I'm suppose to take the hit, who PAID for this game, and waitted 2 years for it to come here without getting a thank you package at all? That's fair?

After the thank you packages were distributed, I came on the game to find everyone in faction chat complaining about how worthless the gift was. I don't think you;re missing out on much.

I'm sorry hun, I see why you are so upset. But I don't think the reward is that good to rage over QQ. But I understand. 

Either way, I deserve it. I've been here for YEARS waiting. I did everything it asked me to. It's NCSoft's fault that I'm not getting it because of their breach in Wildstar.

Edited by Olivia Darkheart

30 minutes ago, okitaluc said:

Are you mad because 7 days? lol Move on

No, I'm mad because I wasn't given what RIGHTFULLY belongs to me, considering I was in the newsletter well before hand. I put money into this game, I got hacked because of NCSoft and after all this bull crap with my account having issues, Blade & Soul tells me to *cricket* off when everyone else gets rewarded. They where the ones who forced me into not having a newsletter email anymore. That's what I'm pissed off about. Quit being an ass about it.

Edited by Olivia Darkheart

okitaluc   
8 minutes ago, Olivia Darkheart said:

No, I'm mad because I wasn't given what RIGHTFULLY belongs to me, considering I was in the newsletter well before hand. I put money into this game, I got hacked because of NCSoft and after all this bull crap with my account having issues, Blade & Soul tells me to *cricket* off when everyone else gets rewarded. They where the ones who forced me into not having a newsletter email anymore. That's what I'm pissed off about. Quit being an ass about it.

You are overreacting IMO , if you open a thread to discussion, be at least capable to deal with different opinions on the matter 

Edited by okitaluc

I think a lot of you that are commenting are missing the point but whatever.

Unfortunately OP. You can argue this until you're blue in the face but it's going to be your fault; not theirs. It's how it works. Is it right? Course not but it's the sad reality when it comes to NCSoft. If only they delivered this game with such talent as they did their one sided arse saving policies people wouldn't complain about it as much.

Laneera   

Seems to me like they pretty much just didn't read the ticket at all and sent a templated response. This seems to happen a lot, my friend had the same thing. Reopen the ticket and tell them to escalate it to someone who actually plans to read what you're saying. That seems to work for my clanmates at least...

Cherish   

They were pretty clear about making sure you had checked to receive their emails :(  Although in saying that as a gesture of goodwill I would have thought they would have given you the reward.

Melodia   
15 hours ago, Emma Frost said:

yeah 7 days premium is nothing. Can't spare pocket change for membership?

/facepalm.

Are you telling me that if you get a coupon for $5 off something, and go to the store to redeem it, if something breaks down with their scanner and they can't scan the coupon and tells you you can't use your coupon, you'd just spend that $5?

If this was actually a company worth spending $ on, i.e. an actually reputable and good company, then no problem. NCS? Uh.. no.

If you actually do that, then congratulations, you're the type of sucker every company wants to hook in.

Edited by Melodia

I think the person with the bigger problem here is the cheapskate that can't spent $5. You must either not have a job or be in massive debt right now if this is the case