Server "Links" incoming

Hire De Lune

15 minutes ago, Pinkfluffies said:

Any thoughts?

There is a later part of the info letter you quoted that states that paid server transfers are coming.

Even when they merge a Ceru dominant server with a Crim dominant server, they do not take total populations in the Account. Poharan is twice the size of Iksanun at least, for example, in the SSP (4 channels vs 2), and while Crimson is a higher populated faction on Iksa, Poha Ceru is way, way larger and it will receive a fairily sizable Ceru minority from Iksa.

The measure to merge is not to fix the balance, it is to fix the overall drop in population from release, and to do that without actually taking the servers off-line as this is not the kind of move that appeals to the PR.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why does Mushin even need a merge?

doesn't it have enough players on ITS OWN to still be comparable to some of these groups even AFTER the merge?

and if NCSoft wanted to 'encourage servers to play with each other', they should probably start with enabling whispering with people between servers. they already have cross servers to let different servers play with each other.

11 hours ago, DirectorTseng said:

Master Hong it all depends on the time of day. During the day it is 100% cu, at night is when the crimson bot parties show up. Generally though it seems to be cu.

For whatever it's worth... my main is a Crimson in Master Hong and, while NPCs say factions are even, in terms of actually being active in actual faction content, Cerulean seems to have the edge, at least in SSP, according to a clan mate of mine, who says he sees pretty much only Cerulean doing it lately. Dunno if training pouches event is partly to blame for that.

But I guess it does depend on the time of the day, yes. Never really cared to notice that.

Dunno... merge into server groups seeminly will help everything other than faction balance in terms of actual actives instead of plain total number of faction members, but we'll see about that. On the flip side, it's great for my Summoner alt, who just happens to be in Gunma, same server group as Master Hong. :D

2 hours ago, Tsunakai said:

inb4 OMC's crimson clans s*** the bed when they see the epic blue zerg that awaits them.

Do you really have to say that? If you got nothing nice and useful to say rather than putting others down then please don't say anything. It just shows how shitty you are.

On topic, merge or not, I don't really care. SSP or no SSP doesn't matter. If I can't do SSP, I farm 4men dungeons for the goodies and golds and buy things that I need. I have already able to gears 2 characters with just pure dungeons run and market the goodies then the merge doesn't really affect me personally.

Its very easy to blame NCsoft for faction imbalances but they do have a system in place to try and keep the balance equal.

The big problem is the maps are pvp and a very large percentage of people will never use those maps because of that.  So NCsoft looking at their figures sees a balance but non pvpers are not taken into account.  Bots also join certain factions but I don't think their figures are so important of late because NCsoft seem to be doing a very good job of keeping their numbers down.

The only real solution is to farm in a party or get a few parties working together.  That way the pvpers can slowly teach the non pvpers to at least be useful and all will benefit.  Gankers calling themselves pvpers however is the main category of pvpers in NA.  Real pvpers of old didn't go around randomly killing people while they quested, because the Western vision of pvp has changed pvp games will never succeed in NA.

11 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

do that without actually taking the servers off-line as this is not the kind of move that appeals to the PR.

They are taking the servers off-line for extended maint. to make this change. It's in the article. 

If you mean, they aren't taking the servers down for days as I have seen in some mergers, BnS isn't as server dependent as some games are. For one thing, they don't have to worry about name or clan name collisions, since those are all unique and not per-server as many games are. Most of this is rerouting the server links in the client and merging databases in which there should be no conflicting data (a luxury not all games have and a good design, honestly).

It's totally a server merge. This "link" BS is, well, cricket *cricket*. It's not even good PR. It's insulting PR.

As for factions, it looks like some of the new servers will be more balanced. Not all will, however, since it would be unlikely that there's a perfect number of servers with similar crim or ceru dom with matching populations. Some match-ups will be a better fit for balance but their priority was certainly population count, not faction balance.

Merges were really seriously, desperately needed. Baby steps, NCWest, baby steps. You can do it. Now look at the problem of creating a player base dependent on continuous special events to get basic, required upgrade mats. Thank you!

9 hours ago, YamiKokennin said:

Do you really have to say that? If you got nothing nice and useful to say rather than putting others down then please don't say anything. It just shows how shitty you are.

On topic, merge or not, I don't really care. SSP or no SSP doesn't matter. If I can't do SSP, I farm 4men dungeons for the goodies and golds and buy things that I need. I have already able to gears 2 characters with just pure dungeons run and market the goodies then the merge doesn't really affect me personally.

I wasn't trying to insult you, i think the humor I attempted there was lost. There are a hell of of a lot of geared up blue clans on mushin, so just be prepared cause it's likely they'll be stronger, gear wise.

I don't understand, what's the point of this? Isn't it to balance out factions? As a Crimson in Gunma, we already crushed by Ceru. Most people with legendary weapons are Ceru, if not all. Why they link another 2 Ceru servers? How are we going to live? People will just all switch to Ceru and Crim will die out, not like it isn't already dead. Not talking about SSP yet, we can't even survive Misty quests nor kill Blackwyrm once.

I have absolutely no idea why they merged all Crimsons together and all Ceruleans together in the EU. Those of us who are Crimson in Group 2 are pretty much done for when all of the Cerulean servers merge together... and that will be the same for the Ceruleans on Crimson dominant servers too. Faction wars along with SSP are a key part of the current content and will continue to be the best way to obtain moonstones; we shouldn't have to change faction to participate and now we are going to be obliterated by the stronger factions even when it is extremely difficult currently as it is to get a channel to your own specific faction.

I hope that when paid server transfers get released that I'll be able to transfer my characters to a high populated server (which apparently according to the KR version they cannot move to high populated servers). 

@Babbletr0n @Rukkirii I pretty much tag you in most things, however I feel input is needed by a member of staff on this specific thread. It's a very big concern and is extremely worrying that a vast amount of the game and upgrading will be halted for those on lower factions.

On 7/8/2016 at 9:16 PM, Tsunakai said:

I wasn't trying to insult you, i think the humor I attempted there was lost. There are a hell of of a lot of geared up blue clans on mushin, so just be prepared cause it's likely they'll be stronger, gear wise.

Ah. Well, high gear doesn't mean he or she is good at PvP. Anyways, it's just a game. I don't really care much. As long as we get more people for PvE contents, I am good :)

Master Hong is screwed. It was bad, and now it's going to be hopelessly bad.
Cerulean dominates basically any time of day in both Misty Woods and SSP. Crimson faction chat is silent 80% of the time, and if we actually do SSP, it's a miracle. I constantly see people switching to Cerulean because they can't upgrade their gear otherwise.

What are they thinking merging 3 Cerulean dominated servers together???

Edit:
Also adding that we've had a faction-wide chat multiple times about people seriously considering transferring to Mushin because it's THAT bad. Just adding that for some extra perspective...

2 minutes ago, Kurokazu said:

Master Hong is screwed. It was bad, and now it's going to be hopelessly bad.
Cerulean dominates basically any time of day in both Misty Woods and SSP. Crimson faction chat is silent 80% of the time, and if we actually do SSP, it's a miracle. I constantly see people switching to Cerulean because they can't upgrade their gear otherwise.

What are they thinking merging 3 Cerulean dominated servers together???

Edit:
Also adding that we've had a faction-wide chat multiple times about people seriously considering transferring to Mushin because it's THAT bad. Just adding that for some extra perspective...

Could be that some servers are dominant in crims by numbers but still cerus dominate ssp. That's the case in my server.

In poharan server have a " Commander " of Cerulean , all players follow their commands and orders , I believe it will be no problem :D

If each server have your " Commander " could do a deal on who gets which channel.

5 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Could be that some servers are dominant in crims by numbers but still cerus dominate ssp. That's the case in my server.

It's possible. There's activity levels to consider as well. I don't know what Master Hong's numbers are in comparison, but everywhere I go in the server (like waiting for bosses and such) I look at the character info of everyone around me out of curiosity. Without fail Cerulean players severely outnumber Crimsons. It's very alarming x.x

1 hour ago, Thunder said:

In poharan server have a " Commander " of Cerulean , all players follow their commands and orders , I believe it will be no problem :D

If each server have your " Commander " could do a deal on who gets which channel.

Does he looks like this?

3216107663_1_18_LANfPc38.png

17 hours ago, Kurokazu said:

It's possible. There's activity levels to consider as well. I don't know what Master Hong's numbers are in comparison, but everywhere I go in the server (like waiting for bosses and such) I look at the character info of everyone around me out of curiosity. Without fail Cerulean players severely outnumber Crimsons. It's very alarming x.x

That's why I find NPCs saying factons' numbers are even doubly questionable. First, I can't fully trust their accuracy on how 'even' their even actually is. Second, even if it actually IS even, they don't account for the percentage of the factions' totals that are actually active.

Which is especially sad for Master Hong, because I could tell there was some semblance of faction numbers actually being anywhere near even a while back... but lately? Crimson faction chat dominated by bots and I'll be damned to see if there's anyone inviting/requesting for Misty Woods or SSP anymore. It's really sad that, joking or not, people do mention switching to Cerulean because merge doesn't look like it will make faction balance any better in practice.

Taywong is like...10 Ceru to 1 Crimson. Why they are merging a bunch of Cerulean dominated servers together is beyond me...whoever made these choices needed to not only be fired, but banned from the gaming industry for life.

that stuff is simply a server merge, isnt it?
Or pls tell me the part i missed, which makes it not a server merge.

Because when reading the news i cant think of that they made such a long post for a server merge.

It's a fancy way of doing a server merge. They can claim it's not all they like, but in the end, it's a merge, and my predictions are coming true. In 6 months this game will be shut down, probably after 2 more merges.

1 hour ago, Tsuchiryu said:

That's why I find NPCs saying factons' numbers are even doubly questionable. First, I can't fully trust their accuracy on how 'even' their even actually is. Second, even if it actually IS even, they don't account for the percentage of the factions' totals that are actually active.

Which is especially sad for Master Hong, because I could tell there was some semblance of faction numbers actually being anywhere near even a while back... but lately? Crimson faction chat dominated by bots and I'll be damned to see if there's anyone inviting/requesting for Misty Woods or SSP anymore. It's really sad that, joking or not, people do mention switching to Cerulean because merge doesn't look like it will make faction balance any better in practice.

Cerulean faction chat has bots spamming as well and is not very active either in Master Hong. However us blues just automatically gather at SSP. When one channel's grindtooth dies the next channel's Suljun is already being killed. 

Archived