Server "Links" incoming

Hire De Lune

14 minutes ago, Beckah said:

I really hope it's not true that Hajoon and Onmyung are Crimson too, because if so this NCSoft team must be complete idiots. This "link" would be more like a nightmare than a good balance for any Ceruleans from Yehara and the other two servers in the group. :/

From Hajoon here. It is true that the server is Crimson, but mostly because of multiboxers/bots. Excluding the bots, it's semi-balanced favoring Crimson.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The description goes around the point but I think it's a complete server merge. You'll get an indicator(?) that you are from (server) of (linked group) but log in to the world in (linked group). This should mean you can talk in faction chat with people from (linked group) per usual.

Well, maybe this will be the step that needs SSP to become like kr server were ppl share channels, i think it would have war from both sides some times and in some of this "linked servers" people will end up talking to arrange channels, and in other faction unbalance will become even stronger.

Bright side is that if your actual server is unbalance, and now will also be, at least you will be able to fill up a channel so the other faction dont jump in.

I like the idea, SSP is thinked to be Open world PVP, maybe this will bring some pvp to the game, and to people to be smart and talk.

1 hour ago, LadyGamerluv said:

This is gonna suck hard for me because I had uninterrupted farming on Mushin and now people will be killing me for my pp. It will be harder for me to get ssp keys to unlock boxes for the moonstones.  But I will remain hopeful.

Maybe some pvp fun will come out of it but that is only fun for a short time until you have to get back on the grind to gear up and people will be killing u for your pp, then rage will happen.

we have the same luxury in OMC, and we are worrying about the same things. First few weeks might just be total chaos. will have to see when the fires die down

1 hour ago, Hire De Lune said:

The description goes around the point but I think it's a complete server merge. You'll get an indicator(?) that you are from (server) of (linked group) but log in to the world in (linked group). This should mean you can talk in faction chat with people from (linked group) per usual.

still to see if will be possible to add clan mates from other servers. If so, ya, is mostly just a renamed server merge....

most of the Chinese servers just split the channels so both factions can mine, for some strange reason i dont think the faction war is going to ever work as they intended lmfao. 

im on mushin and here reds dont get to mine period. so i wish you cho folks luck on the 14th :/

SSP without pvp is a frustrating almost unplayable mess. honestly i dont want to see it with people from the other faction attempting to screw you over while your own faction does a damn good job of making sure everyone cant get credit in the 1st place.

58 minutes ago, Vau said:

most of the Chinese servers just split the channels so both factions can mine, for some strange reason i dont think the faction war is going to ever work as they intended lmfao. 

im on mushin and here reds dont get to mine period. so i wish you cho folks luck on the 14th :/

SSP without pvp is a frustrating almost unplayable mess. honestly i dont want to see it with people from the other faction attempting to screw you over while your own faction does a damn good job of making sure everyone cant get credit in the 1st place.

on yunwa ceru dont get to mine either, dono how it is with junghado or juwol if they let the lesser faction mine or not. i can say for sure that us yunwa crimsons wont let it happen.

1 minute ago, ander01se said:

A lot more Crimson players, and now we get stuck with 2 more Crimson dominated server. GG. 

maybe less worth then what we get on Bambusdorf, it was even till some leaves blue cause this anouncement. For now its already slightly crimson leading and it will much more with Frostgipfel.

55 minutes ago, KingiDb said:

How does Windrest look like? i heard 70% crimson other ppl told me Ceru is more active?!?!

What do you mean?

A lot more Crimson players, and now we get stuck with 2 more Crimson dominated servers. GG. 

7 hours ago, Aquatylys said:

In Wild Spring everyone is on Crimson...I mean everyone,only a few bots in Cerulean...I heard in Windrest Crimson dominate too...didn't heard anything from Highland but I don't think Cerulean will be moving after these server merge...but it will be cool to have an equal war,we Crimson are kinda alone in SSP,we need some activity!

Highland Gate is Crimson based - Cerus mostly switched side

WildSprings is 99% crimson based, we have between 2 to 4 chs of SSplains, but mostly 2... besides bots you only see an cerulean assassin tping us to terrors, lel 

so windrest and highlands is crimson from what im seeing.. GG welcome to fam, give us more chs to farm and fix your servers, from 2 weeks until now fps droping at least 10 even in dundgeons, misterious freezes of 10 secs or more and 2 global dcs .... no its not my pc and no its not my internet...check issue,before merging please 

My server didn't get grouped with the one I wanted it to. ;-; 

It wasn't meant to be. :l 

Yunwa and Yehara would have been so cute together as a server merge.  

Oh well, I kind of predict more people = more toxic. Won't know until it comes. :l 

12 hours ago, RoyalMiku said:

Is Taywong crimson? because I heard taywong is ceru aswell, gunma is positive ceru , idk about master hong

Can anyone from taywong confirm this ?

Master Hong it all depends on the time of day. During the day it is 100% cu, at night is when the crimson bot parties show up. Generally though it seems to be cu.

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/linked-server-groups-arriving-july-14/

I'm currently playing on Yehara server and have had my fingers crossed for a while, hoping for a server merge of any sort. Yehara is currently underpopulated and heavily dominated by Crimson (to the point where Cerulean don't even venture to SSP unless it's early AM CST). Assuming that a server merge would help, if not fix the huge faction imbalance, a lot of people were happy with the news of a merge... Until we realized that the two servers merging with us, Onmyung and Hajoon, were also Crimson heavy.

North America

Identifier

Servers

Group 1

Master Hong, Gunma, Taywong

Group 2

Mushin, Old Man Cho

Group 3

Jiwan, Soha, Dochun

Group 4

Poharan, Iksanun

Group 5

Yehara, Hajoon, Onmyung

Group 6

Juwol, Yunwa, Junghado

So, I'm just curious to see if anyone can think of a valid reason that NCSoft would tip the scales even more against the underdog faction in three servers, simultaneously? (Other than simply not giving a crap). A few people I know of have already quit--an though I want to stay, it just seems so unfair that there is a whole part of the game (SSP quests) that I am unable to do.

Any thoughts?

Server linking could be a great boon for lower level areas (since green dungeons were removed from x-server), though the benefit is limited if it just groups three servers. Hopefully this is just a trial period, and in the future a greater number of servers can be linked.

Ideally I'd love a system closer to GW2's mega-map system, where all servers get piled in the same map instances until it gets full, then more instances get created. In the case of BnS, that'd mean having everybody pile up and have the number of channels increase accordingly.

Of course, faction-fight areas (or at least just SSP) need to be regulated differently, so perhaps this tiered method remains for those maps, while the others get merged in the future. This could also be a great help for 24-man instances.

I get where they are going with this, seemly making ssp more pvp. But that is all nice and dandy for a couple of weeks until that will get old and we have to get back to the business of getting our moonstones for gear. 

This is when my rage will set in after I keep getting farmed for my pp points. They need to make other place for us to get moonstones. Also if they want to encourage owpvp, then they need to make it equalized. I don't need to be getting zerged everyday by people 200+ AP higher than me. How the heck will that be fun for the underdog?

they probably paired up servers with same dominant faction.

You really think people will share or agree to farm 1 channel each, if factions would indeed be equal?  I really  have my doubts..

4 minutes ago, LeyLu said:

they probably paired up servers with same dominant faction.

You really think people will share or agree to farm 1 channel each, if factions would indeed be equal?  I really  have my doubts..

Share channels and farm in peace? HAH! Some of NA/EU people are too damn bloodthirsty (probably IRL wise too which scares the crap out of me if I think too much of it) to even think that there's an option for mutual peace and sharing of the channels between factions, not to mention the amount of trolls and grievers seem to be far higher in western countries than in the eastern ones which further makes it impossible to have any degree of farming in peace.

Archived