The play ability of a sin

Phoxes

Are they good things to solo with? I have done up to about level 16. I like the class, but I have not done much party play yet. Will a sin do good in parties or are they cast aside? 

If not I am not sure what other classes I should go for?

It's a good class, your dps alone is not the best, but still very good.
You bring utility (party offensive buff, party protect, party stealth, taxi [put a flower, pass the mobs while stealth, teleport all the members near the flower]).

Their solo ability is extremely strong and safely solely because of stealth. Up until level 45-50, enemies are incapable of seeing through stealth.

Up until level 45-50, party play isn't too relevant because you won't have most of your skills until then. However, Assassin has the best party utility overall because they function as an "offensive jack-of-all trades," and are essentially required in future dungeons.

• They have the highest DPS overall alongside Force Master.
  • Group mob bypass via stealth and taxi pull. Only class capable of performing this.
  • Anti-projectile field. Assassins, Force Masters, and Summoners are the only classes that can perform this.
  • Double hit group invincibility via stealth protection, required in several future dungeons. Assassins and Summoners are the only classes that can perform this.
  • 100 meter downed party rescue pull affecting dead, near dead, and chi recovering states. Only class capable of performing this.
  • Effective bleed stacker (-20% natural HP regeneration, stacks up to 5 times). Every class has a bleed but not all of them can consistently keep up stacks.
  • Group buff via Fighting Spirit (40% crit rate + 50% crit damage + 70% life drain). Assassins and Kung Fu Masters are the only classes that can perform this.
  • Grab restraint. Albeit worse than other classes, with Blade Dancer, Destroyer, Summoner, and to a lesser extent Kung Fu Master outperforming it.
  • Knockup extension via Webbing, a huge boon in several future dungeons. Only class capable of performing this.
  • 2x Stun + 2x Daze or Knockdown.

That being said, Assassin has the highest learning curve among all classes, because almost all our abilities, particularly poisoning and stealth entry and maintenance, have numerous conditions. We're a high performance class with extreme rewards.

Oh alright! Thanks for all the nice input, they sure seem like they can do a whole lot. And I hope I can learn it all and get it mastered so i'll be useful! Aha. Thanks again friends!

Archived