Infinity Tower and You

Alysha Hawkeye

How do you fare in the Tower?

What build are you using? PvP or PvE, or Hybrid?

What kind of Soul Shield set do you use? PvP with a lot of critical defense and defense, PvE with high critical rate, or mix them up?

Your strategy to climb the tower?

+++

For my part:

-I have like 640 AP, 60k HP, high ping and is not a pvper, so I'm struggling here, especially against, Destroyer, and, of course, Summoner. My best record is 35th floor without any Summoner or Destroyer

-I use PvP build with CC and Root/Briar Patch that causes Focus Damage and Disable. I switch to non-root one when faces BD and Destroyer to prevent giving them out free Focus from their root-breaking skills, and against Sin to make him as less stealthy as possible. I used X to heal, since all Tower classes ignores your cat, and S S that causes roots. For E, I use the Knockback version, as it actually causes more down time then the Knockdown one.

-I use 3 Sparring with cri.def fusion, 3 Be Ido with Critical (it's from my PvE set) and some Naksun, also with cri.def fusion. It helps me to survive and have time to counter, while still maintain good cri.rate with my Asura Bracelet.

-I'm not a pvp player, so I don't know much strategies to offer:

+Against Des/BD: Do not root them, as it give them free focus and buff as they can easily break it out. Try to proc counter (4-F if you see Destroyer's red spin) and do a lot of poison on them.

+Against FM: Q your cat first. If they grab your cat and sleep it, then just stand near where the cat was. Better to put the sleeping cat between you and the FM. They will eventually break the sleep themselves. Meanwhile, try to stay in the edge of petal storm, so that even if you get knocked back, you're still inside the petal storm.

+Against SF: They prefer melee you, and sometimes keep a distance with a suction skill. If they go around you from afar, they're expecting to make a counter-stun on you, follow with a melee combo, if you carelessly hit into their counter. If you can time it right, you can Knockdown their counter instead.

+Against KFM: they love stun-lock you. Don't try to proc counter on their approach skill, as it goes through the counter. 4-F works fine, though.

+Against WL: Just Sunflower both the thrall and the WL. Abuse root and Grab. Hide in your petal storm. Run away from the Thrall if you see the yellow circle around it.

+Against Sin: Spec for more DoTs with Single target root/non root, S S root, and maybe 2 too. These guys love stalling time, so it's better to use the time they stall to kill them too. E or Sunflower if you need to break their stealth, provided you can determine their location.

+Against BM: I don't know. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. They tend to proc your counter, however.

+Against Summoner: the most painful match. Don't hit your LMB into their Petal Storm to heal them (Sunflower works through), and try to E Knockback them out of the area, or run away. Root them first, to force them S S, then counter with their or their cat's attacks (if you see nothing hitting you after one second, switch to 4-F as the Summoner will try to knockdown you), then root them again. You can use S S root to make them bail out, then root them normally with 1. Hitting them from behind with Petal Storm on to prevent they use Counter. Grab them when you can.

Myself I am also around 640AP use a SS With 3 Sparring, 3 Challenger with Green crafted Crit Def infused and 2 high Crit ones from my PVE set. Think highest i've been is Floor 44ish and usually lose to time rather than dying outright. I use mainly PVE build with slight ajustments, 2 points in X rather than 3, 3 points in Sunflower instead of 5. Put the 3 extra in Beckon. I've been using the KD one but will try yours. Also change Q from Taunt to the other tree.

My runs usually end due to time, get a FM, SIN or BM that just eats up time. 40+ floor Des or Sum kill me outright though :P

I got to 33 floor with 667 ap, but it's really hard... I can never beat other summoners and blade masters are also  a problem for me... mind you, I only entered Infinity Tower three or four times :P

Floor 46 with 600 AP, I am using 3xsparring SS +3xchallenger SS + 2xNaksun. Mamosu stew+heroic friendship charm+pet as buffs. Build is hybrid PVE/PVP and when I say hybrid I mean that I only use sunflower instead of rumblebees stage 1 tier 5 for instacast on stun,dazed,airborn targets. Rest is pretty much routine until you reach a point where you don't do enough damage to continue. Probably with 650 AP I would reach floor 50+.

A very important aspect which might help is that when you counter and are invisble, the NPC will just stop. That is the best time to stun,daze and pin down or root and position yourself at the back (in case of FM).

Against destros is basic PVP tactic: 4+f for red spin. When he stuns, don't use 2, instead use cat stun+pin down. Use 2 only in case of emergency (cat is stunned also), because if you waste your 2, they will imediatly start their OMG WTF 1 combo death routine. Run into spins to trigger counter (at floors above 40, destros will stop spinning when you use 4, so it's harder to trick them).

For summoners: use 4 to avoid cat attacks and keep running around. Use 3 and 1 as much as possible. Always follow summoner and not cat. CC as much as possible and spam skills. Don't stop running or he will pin or airborn you.

Blademasters: pretty much same as destros. When they spawn blades and are immune to damage. just 4+f, run into them to trigger than run away from them. They will just stay there and wait. Before invisibility wears of,CC them. 

I highly reccomend sparring first (the training option in the tower), where you can face the same class with various degrees of difficulty. Perfect to train vs the classes you feel weakest. Also nice rewards.

I don't do it everyday but today hit 51. I pvp a lot. I was able to hit 691AP using bruiser charm and ap food.

I usually start off full pve/dps spec and traits. around floor 33+ i switch to tanky/crit def build. I prefer knockback pet recall over kd to give myself distance. prefer sunflower over bees. In the lower thirties I use x invun but once I get a bit higher i switch it to heal for the extra focus along with the health. It seems as if when you cc enemy then bomb they use tabs based on how much dmg they take. so you can get comp to use tab without using your pet grapple. that way soon as they blow it, it is available. Also notice if you x invun or seed shroud they typically dont attack or use defensive skills...is good to follow up those skills with a cc. I used dbl kd hm skill to help keep them under control. kd...wait few sec til they are up then use next kd barely before second kd becomes unavail. I had a friend who does a lot better then me in tower. against classes like sin and fm that drain the clock hardest he switches to weed whack and does a dot type of setup. havent tried it myself but sounds legit.

Archived