[Poll] Do you like RNG?

raik7

RNG can be exciting but I don't even think BnS classifies are RNG so much as a severe form of torture. It wears down the soul to the point where I believe even luck is as mythical as a 2 headed dragon that plays a guitar whilst riding a unicycle wearing a leprechaun hat.

9 minutes ago, KaelRhain said:

i don't like it when its rigged against you, here is rigged against your class, and is totally clear, they want you to buy keys, so they torture you with rng.

And as soon as you buy that key and get your weapon then to add salt to the wound every weapon from that dungeon you get after that is your weapon you just bought a key for.....

No. This is when the drop rate of weapon chest is already low (10%) and then the chance to get class specific weapon is low too (11%, 1 out of 9).

Overall, the chance is 0.011% T_T

I'm talking about warrior weapon from Mushin. =))

Depend on where the RNG is. Cash RNG with a close to nothing chance on key items to ripoff the whales is just horrible and unfair to normal player and NCSoft should never do this again. Having to Pray to RNGesus to get item upgrade material (premium transformation stones) is also bad. But RNG to add diversity in the game, like the random route in naryu labyrinth is fine and they can do this more times.

All this random - a veiled game goods selling . Let they sell it openly, or do not sell it all.

You want more 100 stinger packs, or 100 moonstone packs? Buy more Cold storage resets! ... and summon Merchant.

22 minutes ago, Terl said:

All this random - a veiled game goods selling . Let they sell it openly, or do not sell it all.

You want more 100 stinger packs, or 100 moonstone packs? Buy more Cold storage resets! ... and summon Merchant.

ok, then they have to:

want that upgrade weapon who costed 180stingers? oh crap, now they are 18000 stingers.

legendary 3 premium transformation ? ok.. now they are 300.

cool?

7 minutes ago, Shukran said:

ok, then they have to:

want that upgrade weapon who costed 180stingers? oh crap, now they are 18000 stingers.

legendary 3 premium transformation ? ok.. now they are 300.

cool?

Do not see the connection between what I wrote and what you answered ... please enlighten me.

giving "free" stuff to everyone means  that economy - the economy we have now - and content cleaning/upgrading - the ones we have now - will be break.

so to make "free" stuff and economy/upgrades (which is the core of the pve-centric part of the game) balanced with game's life , u have to raise the amount of stuff needed.

otherwise, tomorrow everyone have legendary full equipped character boring doing nothing because there is no need to  and game dies.

TL;DR: pve wise-> balance between effort and longevity must be the same. the  easier u make stuff obtainable, the higher amount of them u need to make game survive.

sorry bad english

5 hours ago, Tyrean said:

No. This is when the drop rate of weapon chest is already low (10%) and then the chance to get class specific weapon is low too (11%, 1 out of 9).

Overall, the chance is 0.011% T_T

I'm talking about warrior weapon from Mushin. =))

Thats why you get the option to purchase it for warrior tokens.

Apart from that.....

RNG is actually what keeps the players grinding the dungeons, playing the content and keeping the game alive. Imagine everyone with end game fully maxed equips, how many players would get bored and quit?

As annoying as RNG can be its what drives MMO's

I do not see the alternative:

1. Everyone gets all they need on the first run: nobody runs the dungeons

2. You have to accumulate tokens to buy stuff - running each dungeons 20x... well, I like it when RNG spares me the pain

Overall, I don't mind the system so much, but would like more tradeable weapons on the lower levels and more tokens/essences for the 'at the wits' end' bosses.

EDIT: As a person who loves experimenting with different classes, I would not mind gearing made simpler. Would leave more time to figure PvP out & try all 9 classes. Dungeons tend to suck joy out of the game for far faster than the PvP. But for me the enemy is not the RNG, it's the mats quantities and gold per hour ratio

Imagine if we had 10 or more classes. The RNG on those weapon chests are going to be a pain than it is right now. Unless they make the drop chance rigged in a way it slightly prefers to drop items relative to your class, this is just going to get harder and harder as the devs put in more classes. 

5 hours ago, Shukran said:

giving "free" stuff to everyone means  that economy - the economy we have now - and content cleaning/upgrading - the ones we have now - will be break.

so to make "free" stuff and economy/upgrades (which is the core of the pve-centric part of the game) balanced with game's life , u have to raise the amount of stuff needed.

otherwise, tomorrow everyone have legendary full equipped character boring doing nothing because there is no need to  and game dies.

TL;DR: pve wise-> balance between effort and longevity must be the same. the  easier u make stuff obtainable, the higher amount of them u need to make game survive.

sorry bad english

I wrote: " Let they sell it openly, or do not sell it all. "   Not free staff.

Random boxes, merchant in Cold Storage - that all hidden selling staffs for upgrading and other game goods. I don't like it. I prefer open selling or complete rejection of all sales.

Understanding the limitations of the pseudo random lookup tables that MMOs use (not actual run-time RNG) and the complications that additional algorithms added in to ensure limited payouts of certain items can bring, should move developers to add player protection systems as well to ensure things like 150 chests opened and not getting an item that should be a 1 in 9 chance, don't happen.  Unfortunately systems that have increasing odds of success on each failure or triggering a success automatically after a certain number of failures are exceedingly rare and basically non-existant in a F2P game.  I don't think anyone likes it, but we deal with it because we enjoy the underlying game that the flawed RNG is a part of.

Well, the Poll has 55%+ of people that dislikes RNG.

But you guys thought line is "if there's no RNG, everything will be super easy to get".

So, how to get rid of RNG and keep people working hard to get stuff?

I'd suggest they implement Dungeon tokens, each lvl50 purple Dungeon gives you 1 token, 4m gives 2 tokens.

On the Dungeon vendor you can buy a pouch containing 50Stingers + 50 Moonstones for 12 tokens.

You can also buy other stuff like HM Pellet for 20 tokens, Ember for 60 tokens, 100 soulstone bundle for 12 tokens.

You got the idea.

The problem we face right now is: Working for 4 hours farming and getting nothing. Farming that much hours to get nowhere.

So the dungeon tokens is a way to reward people for their farming, you KNOW you'll get it but you still have to work for.

But i do know it'll never change because we NA/EU wants, we have to deal with it or quit the game, I hate RNG but i'm dealing with it because I love the game.

1 hour ago, raik7 said:

Well, the Poll has 55%+ of people that dislikes RNG.

But you guys thought line is "if there's no RNG, everything will be super easy to get".

So, how to get rid of RNG and keep people working hard to get stuff?

I'd suggest they implement Dungeon tokens, each lvl50 purple Dungeon gives you 1 token, 4m gives 2 tokens.

On the Dungeon vendor you can buy a pouch containing 50Stingers + 50 Moonstones for 12 tokens.

You can also buy other stuff like HM Pellet for 20 tokens, Ember for 60 tokens, 100 soulstone bundle for 12 tokens.

You got the idea.

The problem we face right now is: Working for 4 hours farming and getting nothing. Farming that much hours to get nowhere.

So the dungeon tokens is a way to reward people for their farming, you KNOW you'll get it but you still have to work for.

But i do know it'll never change because we NA/EU wants, we have to deal with it or quit the game, I hate RNG but i'm dealing with it because I love the game.

isnt easier to just make weapons tradeable?, the thing that all weapons are locked sucks, you need keys for chest, charms, and a lot of time.

Archived