This game is pushing out too much content.

Ruziro

Well, they are actually now starting to slow down on pushing out content. Coming from their producer's letter that is. Next content update wont be for another 3 weeks to a month and a half. 

The big problem wasn't necessarily the pace the content came out at. It's that there was absolutely 0 changes made to progression to make it feasable for anyone who isn't a no lifer/credit card warrior. It was probably a business decision to get the most out of whales from the get go.

I still don't understand why people complain about too much content and catching up.  It's no different than going to play a mmo you've never played before.  Of course you're gonna be behind, everything isn't gonna be handed to you.  The real problem is the costs to upgrade gear which what's holding new players back.  I honestly feel that this game should have had 1-man versions of the dungeons with lower mob HP but the loot wouldn't be as good as 4 and 6-man dungeons.  Or maybe 1-man with really good loot but you can only enter it once a day? That surely would help players progress easier and at their own pace without having to worry about AP requirements, rage quiters, etc.

13 minutes ago, Quantum said:

I still don't understand why people complain about too much content and catching up.  It's no different than going to play a mmo you've never played before.  Of course you're gonna be behind, everything isn't gonna be handed to you.  The real problem is the costs to upgrade gear which what's holding new players back.  I honestly feel that this game should have had 1-man versions of the dungeons with lower mob HP but the loot wouldn't be as good as 4 and 6-man dungeons.  Or maybe 1-man with really good loot but you can only enter it once a day? That surely would help players progress easier and at their own pace without having to worry about AP requirements, rage quiters, etc.

You have a point there.  I think however, since the game isn't that new for many, they don't want to feel like they're new players trying to catch up either :p

That said, I don't believe there can ever be, to much content.  It may have been a good idea to do as Shintaun suggested, and tone down the requirements as new content was added.

Well, at launch a lot of whiners complained that the game wasn't being released to the most updated content, and now we get people complaining about the rate we are getting updates. :P

A lot of people seem to complain about not being able to remain at the bleeding-edge in gears, and there really shouldn't be a need to be there. The problem is more subtle than that, it's the difficulty in upgrading when you don't have enough people helping you out at your same level, and this is particularly evidenced on 24-man content which can't be accessed via cross-server. In short, difficulties in levelling currently can be attributed to attempting to level in low population areas with content that requires more horsepower than you got at that moment, or by being outbid by alts who have way more money than you can hope to have to acquire materials.

Server merges, or a cross-server system which includes all instances required to upgrade your gears would help.

The producer's letter told the NA/EU region players that they are gonna stop pushing content as quickly as they did before, so you will be fine, don't worry too much about it.

I don't understand why everyone wants to rush when one has the option to slowly enjoy the game.

so far the game is very lenient on gear progression

Way back in poh patch people did poh with absolutely *cricket* poor gear

BSH was a bit rough coz everything was in high demand but true profane was more than enough

Lab, again, true profane was enough, even in 4 man mechanics was the problem not gear

then 50 patch hits and 6 man is still okay with true profane, you want true siren accs and good soulshields but you don't need a lot at all

Asura is a big jump in difficulty but gear wise all you need is couple weapon upgrade to bring up to 450ap + all the right stats from soul shield

and Asura was what? 2 months ago?

from Asura onwards we got Nexus (easier than Asura), SF(has no effect on gear progression)

we will get Gloomdross and Shattered mast which are same difficulty as Nexus and Asura, i.e. no gear upgrade required at all

The next level content is Desolated Tomb which should be the last item released in Q3

i.e. for almost 4 months the game isn't asking people to upgrade at all

and realistically true breeze + true oath accs are good enough for all 6 man contents for the rest of the year

There's plenty time to upgrade and catch up

The REAL problem is the community moves on

I'm already seeing  A LOT of 550+ 6man party for entry level purple dungeons

these numbers only goes up day by day and has absolutely nothing to do with requirements of the dungeon

Even if NCsoft lower the upgrade costs (which are actually cheaper than JP/TW until a recent change)

the community will just upgrade faster and up the AP requirements faster

same for SSP and 24man contents, people will have more gear and will simply up the level of gear needed for new people

this will do nothing to new people

and judging from LFP experiences gear will not help new players at all

mechanics will smash your face, lack of experience in your class will cut your dps in half

and frankly when dungeons with real gear check comes you will cry even harder

4 man is pretty dead if you ask me, except when a dungeon is required for daily challenge. Even in 6 man, very few que for asura or nexus. What I'm saying is even if you have the gear to do certain dungeon, the game is already declining at a fast pace. 

33 minutes ago, Chaeko said:

4 man is pretty dead if you ask me, except when a dungeon is required for daily challenge. Even in 6 man, very few que for asura or nexus. What I'm saying is even if you have the gear to do certain dungeon, the game is already declining at a fast pace. 

Well wtf does people expect? Half the team leaving when they think someone in the party has too low AP... 

Same shit people do at Heaven's Mandate. Bid on Scale and say "o0ps I forgot!" and then cry that no one brings a scale... like lol...

27 minutes ago, ander01se said:

Same shit people do at Heaven's Mandate. Bid on Scale and say "o0ps I forgot!" and then cry that no one brings a scale... like lol...

Yup, the people who purposely bid on the stingers and say "oops i forgot" are the worse kinds of people. No self respect and honor.

I wouldn't mind them wanting to catch up to other regions if they did it properly. The drop rate of upgrade materials needs to equal the content rush and it simply never has. Rushing content means balancing the drop rate and gold earnings appropriately and things would have been fine.

Yes people will argue 'but other people are at max cap and the rest are lazy....'

let me point out:

1. Some of us have commitments outside of blade and soul. That doesn't make us any less of a player than those who do not.

2. Some of us have issues with gameplay that is beyond our reasonable control making things for us harder to obtain but that does not make us any less deserving and it is an obstacle.

3. Some of us cannot afford to advance quicker than other by means other than the in game gold we earn. (No I'm no having a dig I'm just stating a fact and as a F2P model this should be taken into account)

And don't tell me to find another game because this isn't the game for me then if any of the above points apply to me. I like this game. They just make poor decisions without looking at the big picture.

it is a moorpg.

it is not meant to be cleared in a few days.

it it needs more time for someone what s the problem?

the usuall way of thinking is "there are a lof of players AT HIGH STATS it must have been easy , hence i deserve an easy way to reach that stats"

which is totally untrue. so newcomers come and see the effort and whine and leave and tell game is bad.

no guys

I actually won't mind the next story chapter to come out sooner rather than later as dungeons are boring. I cannot deny that the race of acquisition is engrossing in its own way.

The two events (mushrooms and the Daily Challenge on Steroids) helped me to get over 500 AP though still short of the 550 AP, and that is enough for the content I can do. I can't do Nexus, Sogun and Yeti anyway because I can't do the mechanics right, and Daily Challenges make it possible to play the game without it for now. I have no problems filling up the groups with 500 AP and getting though the DC and Mandate/CS. I even started catching up my alt towards the 500 AP. :)

All and all, I am in a good place right now and like it. I'll wait and see for what's gonna come next. I keep hoping that there will be a stable population in 500-550 bracket that plays casually as opposite to the 600+ guys that in the other games would be playing Hard Mode and Nightmare mode.

I also hope with a slowdown more folks will have time for PvP, and silver tier will fill up with folks who ain't in transit to diamond, lol.

Overall, I hope the game will mellow out and grows a nice crop of casual folks like me to play with, 'cause I am not really interested in hanging on for dear life on the leet's  coattails. :) if not... well, what can you do. You certainly can't make people to play a video-game, they gotta like it!

13 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I actually won't mind the next story chapter to come out sooner rather than later as dungeons are boring. I cannot deny that the race of acquisition is engrossing in its own way.

The two events (mushrooms and the Daily Challenge on Steroids) helped me to get over 500 AP though still short of the 550 AP, and that is enough for the content I can do. I can't do Nexus, Sogun and Yeti anyway because I can't do the mechanics right, and Daily Challenges make it possible to play the game without it for now. I have no problems filling up the groups with 500 AP and getting though the DC and Mandate/CS. I even started catching up my alt towards the 500 AP. :)

All and all, I am in a good place right now and like it. I'll wait and see for what's gonna come next. I keep hoping that there will be a stable population in 500-550 bracket that plays casually as opposite to the 600+ guys that in the other games would be playing Hard Mode and Nightmare mode.

I also hope with a slowdown more folks will have time for PvP, and silver tier will fill up with folks who ain't in transit to diamond, lol.

Overall, I hope the game will mellow out and grows a nice crop of casual folks like me to play with, 'cause I am not really interested in hanging on for dear life on the leet's  coattails. :) if not... well, what can you do. You certainly can't make people to play a video-game, they gotta like it!

Between 500-550 you're at a great place right now to do 6 man. Anymore is just overkill to be honest and gratz on getting there. 

What class do you play by the way? And what do you mean by you can't do the mechanics right? Just curious because someone might be able to help you out if I can't so we can help get you into those dungeons. :D 

2 minutes ago, Zinevah said:

Between 500-550 you're at a great place right now to do 6 man. Anymore is just overkill to be honest and gratz on getting there.

What class do you play by the way? And what do you mean by you can't do the mechanics right? Just curious because someone might be able to help you out if I can't so we can help get you into those dungeons. :D

I've been through each of this dungeons with a group, and I did not like how hard they are. Folks explained yeti in every detail to me, with videos and bullet points (and huge thanks for that), but I still can't do the iframe on time, even though I do it when it comes on the challenge and well, I die, obviously. The Nexus and Sogun are just too hard and I don't want to do them again.

I am a Story Mode player, and I am happy at that level :) I also love SSP/24M dungeons. So, I have more than enough content on my level of difficulty and actually far more than I can get through in a day to worry about the stuff I won't succeed in.

2 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I've been through each of this dungeons with a group, and I did not like how hard they are. Folks explained yeti in every detail to me, with videos and bullet points (and huge thanks for that), but I still can't do the iframe on time, even though I do it when it comes on the challenge and well, I die, obviously. The Nexus and Sogun are just too hard and I don't want to do them again.

I am a Story Mode player, and I am happy at that level :) I also love SSP/24M dungeons. So, I have more than enough content on my level of difficulty and actually far more than I can get through in a day to worry about the stuff I won't succeed in.

Fair enough. I love 24 man too. I even find is sad that on my server e fleet and nightshade are dead; I so enjoyed doing those. Well good news for you; the story gets better AND there's more 24 mans to come!!! :D

4 minutes ago, Zinevah said:

Fair enough. I love 24 man too. I even find is sad that on my server e fleet and nightshade are dead; I so enjoyed doing those. Well good news for you; the story gets better AND there's more 24 mans to come!!! :D

Good to know. The story did improve from Act 1-3 to Act 4 imo, though it was not without its disappointments. But most of the storyline that I've liked was in Act 4, so if Act 5 is staying in the same mold, I am game. Particularly if they start building upon Mushin's story a bit more and we get more political intrigue & less babe parades.

5 hours ago, Shukran said:

it is a moorpg.

it is not meant to be cleared in a few days.

it it needs more time for someone what s the problem?

the usuall way of thinking is "there are a lof of players AT HIGH STATS it must have been easy , hence i deserve an easy way to reach that stats"

which is totally untrue. so newcomers come and see the effort and whine and leave and tell game is bad.

no guys

People aren't wanting to max in a couple days. With the game how it is one could honestly expect someone who spent 3ish hours a day almost every day to take two to three months to reach 500 ap, unless they managed to hit a literal jackpot somewhere along the way. That amount of grind is simply absurd.

25 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Don't expect that to happen. The number of bots and hackers one encounters in the lower tiers is enough to keep most casual pvpers at a distance.

7 minutes ago, Shintuan said:

Don't expect that to happen. The number of bots and hackers one encounters in the lower tiers is enough to keep most casual pvpers at a distance.

Ah, you are too negative. I can't care less what my ELO is and I always assume the other guy won fair and square, and move on. I am sure there are plenty folks who want to try the different classes w/o all the gear paraphernalia and HM levels, and well, perhaps we will build up a great silver tier with those alts kindda thing. :) I know in the other game I played a lot of folks played 'lowbies', then deleted a toon and started over. In BnS you don't have to delete a toon, just don't have to do anything but play arenas on it without worrying about acquisition and using an alt to do gear-dependent stuff. It's really enjoyable if you think about it. Well, unless you have to be gold+ on every alt....

19 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Good to know. The story did improve from Act 1-3 to Act 4 imo, though it was not without its disappointments. But most of the storyline that I've liked was in Act 4, so if Act 5 is staying in the same mold, I am game. Particularly if they start building upon Mushin's story a bit more and we get more political intrigue & less babe parades.

Well I never liked story until what's coming up next so hopefully if you're already a fan of parts you won't be disappointed to make up for them damn dungeons. :D sure as usual there's some boring bits here and there but it really does get better but I'll shut up as my hype for certain characters might create me opening my big mouth and mentioning some and I hate to be a *cricket* and drop a spoiler.

The game was tolerable back in February, especially during the Warlock event, but having then returned to the game after a 3 month hiatus, the game is so frustatingly empty nowadays (in EU at least). Farming world bosses in particular is a nightmare, especially Hujikar, because his weapon is required for lv40+ weapon progression and if you have no brilliant moonwater keys you're in for a hard time. 

7 minutes ago, qpoljanan said:

The game was tolerable back in February, especially during the Warlock event, but having then returned to the game after a 3 month hiatus, the game is so frustatingly empty nowadays (in EU at least). Farming world bosses in particular is a nightmare, especially Hujikar, because his weapon is required for lv40+ weapon progression and if you have no brilliant moonwater keys you're in for a hard time. 

If you're on Ebon Hall I can help you farm field bosses. If you're not try asking in faction chat. There still are nice people about willing to help you kill field bosses.

12 minutes ago, Zinevah said:

If you're on Ebon Hall I can help you farm field bosses. If you're not try asking in faction chat. There still are nice people about willing to help you kill field bosses.

I'm on highland gate unfortunately, which is something I should have researched beforehand. In fact, I think there are too many servers at the moment and not enough people to even populate them. The chat box alone has been quite silent for some hours now. 

4 minutes ago, Shintuan said:

People aren't wanting to max in a couple days. With the game how it is one could honestly expect someone who spent 3ish hours a day almost every day to take two to three months to reach 500 ap, unless they managed to hit a literal jackpot somewhere along the way. That amount of grind is simply absurd.

there are true korean moorpgs that requires way more amount of grind. take a couple of examples metin2, silkroad, aion, BDO. (from korea to sub korean farming). there are moorpg that needs 2000kills or drops from mobs to accomplish a single quest that gives 2%total exp. or moorpgs that requires crit to upgrade weapons and if u fail u lost your advancements etc..

and u find bns grinds out of this world?

Archived