Jump to content
Forums

Has anyone ever seen the Golden Giganura?


Recommended Posts

I helped a clanmate get his Breeze accessories this weekend, which meant we ended up doing all the 24-man content in Skypetal Plains. As such we attempted to do all quests as well, and we were kind of shocked at the effort and coordination it takes to spawn the Golden Giganura. No wonder I've never seen it even though I did the ploggle 24-man quite often when the content was relevant to my character...

 

Apparently, to spawn it you have to kill all 3 other bosses within 5 minutes of each other so that all three statues are up at the same time, and then you need to use 30 Essences of Plog at each of those statues. So not only do you have to find a group large enough to kill the bosses that fast (or willing to split up and kill bosses at the same time) but you also need to coordinate people using all those essences at the right time and the right statue. All within 5 minutes of killing the first boss.

 

Something needs to be done about this place. No one ever does it, and given these mechanics I can't blame them. At the very least the time window should be extended to 10-15 minutes and the Essence requirement should either be dropped or severely reduced to perhaps 3 instead of 30 per statue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The 5 minute time window is fine. The 30 essences on the other hand should be lowered though. Usually when I do golden giganura it's because someone called out in faction chat that their group is about to start and that they're going to spawn him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a regular event for my clan but that aside, I am pretty much in the same boat as you. I can't understand why this is a "daily". Assuming people actually get coordinated and kill giganura every day, people will actually run out of plog essences just cause of the mechanics behind acquiring it, on top of the actual mountain pile of essences you need to use. 

 

It's just bad mechanics, same goes with Beastbog.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rasky said:

It's just bad mechanics, same goes with Beastbog.

At least with Beastbog, all it takes is a bit (or rather: a lot...) of patience. With this particular daily even that won't do. In addition to requiring patience it requires a level of coordination that is extremely easy to mess up in an instance that by nature is supposed to be comprised of random players.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to be a downer or anything, but the method you described only spawns the tricolor giganura, which is great if all you're after is the daily quest and drops, however if you're trying to hunt down the achievements, the golden giganura is a rare spawn after defeating the tricolor one, similar to viasa in the zaiwei ruins or the ultra mega super beetle in beastbog.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just spawned Golden Giganura like 10-15 mins ago from this post I made. 

 

a732d482bb.jpg

 

 

 

Yes, it's not actively done as much as before but people on my server, Mushin, still do it from time to time. Golden Giganura isn't needed though. Just need Tricolor.

And if you need the accessories, just kill mobs. They drop it too. (IIRC)

 

 

But this content is so oooooooooold. I don't think it'll be changed for NA/EU. But you could try pushing it to the producers/devs and maybe they'll make a change? idk.

Edited by Jem
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Eimi said:

Not to be a downer or anything, but the method you described only spawns the tricolor giganura, which is great if all you're after is the daily quest and drops, however if you're trying to hunt down the achievements, the golden giganura is a rare spawn after defeating the tricolor one, similar to viasa in the zaiwei ruins or the ultra mega super beetle in beastbog.

You are incorrect. The golden doesnt spawn AFTER tricolor, like in beastbog or zaiwei. You either get one or the other after you start up all 3 statues, tricolor having a bigger chance to spawn of course.
Ive seen it more than just a couple times, and ive seen several people in my clan getting the 10 kills achievement. I dont know which server you are in but in Poh its summoned daily at least on one chanel rigth after the first 2 GHS spawns. Sometimes they summon it in 2 channels, so you can get up to 4 frogs in a day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2016 at 6:30 AM, Laneera said:

Something needs to be done about this place. No one ever does it, and given these mechanics I can't blame them. At the very least the time window should be extended to 10-15 minutes and the Essence requirement should either be dropped or severely reduced to perhaps 3 instead of 30 per statue.

I am on Junghado, one of the least populated servers and I coordinated spawning the Tri-Color Giganura for my guild at least 1 or 2 times every weekend for a little while. I still have yet to see the Golden Giganura.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4-7-2016 at 4:30 PM, Jem said:

But this content is so oooooooooold. I don't think it'll be changed for NA/EU. But you could try pushing it to the producers/devs and maybe they'll make a change? idk.

Silverfrost was added in March or something... 4 months ago isn't "ooooooooold." You're making the same mistake that NCSoft makes: the assumption that everyone is always ready for the next batch of content to be released. When Silverfrost was released I was still level 37. I was running Poh6 and BSH6 for my upgrades when people were actually doing this content. Now I don't get to see it even with my current 570+ AP because the mechanics are insanely punishing for small groups of people. And I can't seem to mobilize anything more than a small group because it's such a hassle to do...

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Laneera said:

Silverfrost was added in March or something... 4 months ago isn't "ooooooooold." You're making the same mistake that NCSoft makes: the assumption that everyone is always ready for the next batch of content to be released. When Silverfrost was released I was still level 37. I was running Poh6 and BSH6 for my upgrades when people were actually doing this content. Now I don't get to see it even with my current 570+ AP because the mechanics are insanely punishing for small groups of people. And I can't seem to mobilize anything more than a small group because it's such a hassle to do...

he was refering that the content was old in other regions and thus we wont see it changed on our version... this game is 5 or 6 years old you know

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ArcanumZodiak said:

he was refering that the content was old in other regions and thus we wont see it changed on our version... this game is 5 or 6 years old you know

Changing it won't affect the other regions and if it does it will also be beneficial there because it makes it possible for people to go back and get their achievements. Add to that that lowering the Essence requirements from 30 to 3 and maybe increasing the duration of the pillar from 5 to 10 minutes would probably literally need those two numbers to be changed in code and I'd say it's win-win. But that would require NCWest to actually read threads like these and caring enough to communicate with the developers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dungeons or challenges like this are a bunch of hateful words I can't use here.  

 

The bottom line is that they test your ability to do stuff like kill all of them in a time period with some random people,  or some other dungeons where you have to stand in the right color spots depending on some hidden cue the boss gives and run around like the Simon game on microsecond timing.  Or the boss will instakill you.  This color-matching thing was in a different game but the problem is the same: it doesn't have a thing do with the player skill.  

 

This to me just screams cop-out from the designers.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Laneera said:

Silverfrost was added in March or something... 4 months ago isn't "ooooooooold." You're making the same mistake that NCSoft makes: the assumption that everyone is always ready for the next batch of content to be released. 

But that's not why they are doing this at all.   They'd like us to be ready, but what they are trying to do is rapidly cram all this stuff so we catch up to the other regions and bring NA and EU to the e-sports table in time for the November championship rounds.   To do THAT, we have to be on the same content/gear/classes as Korea and Taiwan and whoever else is out there.  

 

The livestream events have made it clear to me, fwiw, that they really hope we can keep up with the content but they don't have a lot of choice in the timing.    November is not far away. 

 

Miss it and we'll probably have to sit it out for a year.  The game could probably survive that delay but how many championship-level players are going to stick around waiting?   It would be better from a competitive standpoint, to get NA and EU into this year's event.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Duri said:

iss it and we'll probably have to sit it out for a year.  The game could probably survive that delay but how many championship-level players are going to stick around waiting?   It would be better from a competitive standpoint, to get NA and EU into this year's event.   

Then they need to build proper catchup mechanics. Mechanics that would benefit other regions too, I might add. If it's taking people too long to keep up with the content we need ways of getting there faster. The vipercap event was a failed attempt at that, most of us got one Nebula stone from that, at most, when there are dozens of upgrade levels. Not to mention that besides weapons, there is also a truck load of accessories.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Laneera said:

How would I push anything to the developers? Isn't that why NCSoft has community managers? These are the official forums...

I mean for NA/EU. You can try asking Babbletr0n on Twitter, reddit or on here and ask if they could look into it.

 

@Babbletr0n Notifies them. Doesn't hurt to start notifying the team for here.

Edited by Jem
Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there some special 'have to have' rewards or achievements for doing this stuff? I am just not sure why folks do Beastbog, Ploggs and GHS? I did GHS a few times, but a lot of people seem to be doing it every day, and the same with Beastbog and Poggles, and I was wondering why a few times, but was heistant to ask, because, you know how people are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Are there some special 'have to have' rewards or achievements for doing this stuff? I am just not sure why folks do Beastbog, Ploggs and GHS? I did GHS a few times, but a lot of people seem to be doing it every day, and the same with Beastbog and Poggles, and I was wondering why a few times, but was heistant to ask, because, you know how people are.

No, not really.
There are people who just like colecting achievements and all those 3 places have a few aside form that, all i can think of is the usual exp, gold and the rewards chests. Also those 3 places each drop a map piece, you need all 3 pieces to have a full map to open the secret rooom in beastbog, in there youll find a chest which you need a key to open, they key only dropping from mobs in GHS and beastbog (seems to drops a lot more in GHS though). Nothing too special in the chest though, best drop being Naryu tablets (1-2 guaranteed), sometimes jewels and breeze accesories/weapon chest. Also has a chance to drop an outfit, cant remember the name of it atm but its just a recolor from Infernal Lord from tomb of exiles.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/07/2016 at 9:39 AM, Cor said:

Haven't seen a giganura in ages no one does it anymore, it's pretty much dead content right now.

Pretty much all 24-man or equivalent is virtually dead right now. Daily Challenge is pretty much the only reason people still run places like Zaiwei Ruins and Beastbog. Which is a shame because I actually like pretty much all of 24-man, but you can only get so much mileage from these if you are pretty much soloing them most of the time.

 

Skypetal Plains in general is the worst of the bunch because it's the least solo-friendly bar none.

 

For starters, yes, the insane amount of coordination AND items necessary to spawn Giganura is the reason I ran Plog Sanctum a grand total of ONCE. 30 Essences of Plog for each of the 3 statues? Hell no. With that said, I should at least kill sub-bosses for map fragments, but again, not very solo-friendly.

 

GHS, rather ironically, given my eariler impressions of it, is the Skypetal Plains content I run the most often lately. It helps I have decent enough stats to actually get credit for boss kills in a single duration... but at least in my server, only channel 1 has any real shot of killing Exterminator in time... and that's assuming you got good enough stats to get credit on the kills when competing with too many players for said credit. The other 4 channels are too barren to go beyond the 3 sub-bosses. That's when the time limit becomes a hindrance.

 

I used to run Beastbog more often, especially back when my stats allowed me to only do the Beastbog Down daily when I was too short on time to do anything else and especially before we got Cold Storage/Heaven's Mandate, but the unnecessarily long waiting times for boss spawns (reducing those times, except for BBBB, to 10-15 minutes would be a HUGE improvement) only makes viable to run it when it's part of Daily Challenge... and even then the waiting times can still be somewhat frustrating to deal with.

Edited by Tsuchiryu
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2016/7/4 at 6:30 AM, Laneera said:

I helped a clanmate get his Breeze accessories this weekend, which meant we ended up doing all the 24-man content in Skypetal Plains. As such we attempted to do all quests as well, and we were kind of shocked at the effort and coordination it takes to spawn the Golden Giganura. No wonder I've never seen it even though I did the ploggle 24-man quite often when the content was relevant to my character...

 

Apparently, to spawn it you have to kill all 3 other bosses within 5 minutes of each other so that all three statues are up at the same time, and then you need to use 30 Essences of Plog at each of those statues. So not only do you have to find a group large enough to kill the bosses that fast (or willing to split up and kill bosses at the same time) but you also need to coordinate people using all those essences at the right time and the right statue. All within 5 minutes of killing the first boss.

 

Something needs to be done about this place. No one ever does it, and given these mechanics I can't blame them. At the very least the time window should be extended to 10-15 minutes and the Essence requirement should either be dropped or severely reduced to perhaps 3 instead of 30 per statue.

If this rly about breeze accessory then I don't understand why you would choose to do this instead of just picking up a few naksun badges+faction insignias every day?... places like sanctum/harvest/beastbog and frostscale basin do give great exp though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Unicorns said:

No, not really.
There are people who just like colecting achievements and all those 3 places have a few aside form that, all i can think of is the usual exp, gold and the rewards chests. Also those 3 places each drop a map piece, you need all 3 pieces to have a full map to open the secret rooom in beastbog, in there youll find a chest which you need a key to open, they key only dropping from mobs in GHS and beastbog (seems to drops a lot more in GHS though). Nothing too special in the chest though, best drop being Naryu tablets (1-2 guaranteed), sometimes jewels and breeze accesories/weapon chest. Also has a chance to drop an outfit, cant remember the name of it atm but its just a recolor from Infernal Lord from tomb of exiles.

Cool. I have a map on one character, and the key on another. Of course neither is account bound, lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AuraTG said:

If this rly about breeze accessory then I don't understand why you would choose to do this instead of just picking up a few naksun badges+faction insignias every day?... places like sanctum/harvest/beastbog and frostscale basin do give great exp though.

This game has very little content. I do the same stuff every day of the week, every week of the month. I like to change it up with some other content that is also still relevant in some way. The 24-mans give really nice XP and some gold, and of course map pieces like mentioned before. The mechanics of all of the 24-mans in Skypetal and in particular this one make doing them difficult. Because Grand Harvest only happens a few times a day it is horrible for people who are behind on gear (or play melee characters) because they can't get kill credit, Plogg is just horrible in general and Beastbog is a snore fest with no way of speeding things up. How anyone ever thought either of these mechanics were fun is beyond me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...