Too Many Leechers!!

JoyI3oy

there are too many leechers, afk ppl abusing the party system since no one can do anything to them once in dungeon.

i am starting to think kick option is better for west coz too many a-holes and idiots are playing with no respect or concern towards others. They don't put themselves in the shoes of the others and think about even for a second wat if someone else did the same to them.

thr definitely should be a good way to implement it without abusing it.

12 minutes ago, MistahJayden said:

It cant really be abused though. It takes forever to kick an offline person lol...

i meant active party kick not just offline kick option, active party kick by lead or initiated party kick my anyone which then leads to majority votes resulting in a kick like in other mmo's vindictus for example has a majority vote kick in 24 man raids.

eg:- thr ppl used to say in chat tat certain person is afk in raid or just using offensive language in chat not contributing to break off's or fighting and a vote kick initiates leading tat certain person kicked from a 24 man raid effectively ofcourse some guilds abused it though for doing guild runs or speed runs of raids but very rare.

3 hours ago, Shashank said:

i meant active party kick not just offline kick option, active party kick by lead or initiated party kick my anyone which then leads to majority votes resulting in a kick like in other mmo's vindictus for example has a majority vote kick in 24 man raids.

they can't enable that option, because it would lead to abusing it. imagine that some friends gather up together and look for one random, who they will kick after the boss is killed, and they share their loot together. or something.
I think the whole was disable in the first place because of abusing it.

4 hours ago, Shashank said:

there are too many leechers, afk ppl abusing the party system since no one can do anything to them once in dungeon.

i am starting to think kick option is better for west coz too many a-holes and idiots are playing with no respect or concern towards others. They don't put themselves in the shoes of the others and think about even for a second wat if someone else did the same to them.

thr definitely should be a good way to implement it without abusing it.

Agree. If they just put in a kick system it will abuse like tomorrow. Oh your AP is no 600+ kick! Oh I don't like your outfit kick, Oh you are the same class as me and might roll on my weapons kick, Or I will kick you before the loot so I don't have to share.

I am against a kick system. I can alwayws leave and join another party but it sucks when I kick out for no reason.

Sadly the Kick Option is always abused. 

A system that automatically kicks a player if they have done no damage after the initial dungeon has been started would work.  The really sad thing is I don't see low levels leeching it is always lvl 50 HM 7 and above.

10 hours ago, Chicken said:

Afk in dungeon is not a banable offense, so unless NCsoft start banning leechers, there's nothing you can do.

Not true, nc has said it's a punishable offense so someone who does it too much will probably at least get a temp ban.

A kick system needs the aproval of all the party, not only leader, like when some1 goes offline. I dont think it will be much of an abuse, since 5 members should vote you out.

About the fking leechers, the other day i went into LFP for nexus and i enter to a party were it was a Legendary guy that was doing nothing, sad part is that when i wrote dude why arent you hiting but you are moving, he told me to fk off. The guy bid on all and he take all the items, and did nothing.

I reach legendary a few days ago and i dont mind entering into LFP mode and no recruiting, cause helping new ppl is the way that comunity advance, but having this fking leechers that just sit there to rob exp and items takes you out the desire to help people.

7 hours ago, spongemike said:

Agree. If they just put in a kick system it will abuse like tomorrow. Oh your AP is no 600+ kick! Oh I don't like your outfit kick, Oh you are the same class as me and might roll on my weapons kick, Or I will kick you before the loot so I don't have to share.

There are much less people who would do that kind of crap than people who AFK at the start of dungeons. I know this because other MMO's (WoW for instance) also have a vote-kick system like the one we "need" here and it works fine. Most people are normal and use it the way it's intended. And either way, all present party members need to agree to kick that one player, so even if one person is being mean the others wouldn't let the vote to kick pass...

8 hours ago, QRob said:

they can't enable that option, because it would lead to abusing it. imagine that some friends gather up together and look for one random, who they will kick after the boss is killed, and they share their loot together. or something.
I think the whole was disable in the first place because of abusing it.

Theres many ways to avoid this kind of abuse which have been voiced in numerous other topics discussing this subject.

Cant kick during bidding, cant kick 2 min after battle, cant kick bla bla bla, many restrictions could avoid it.

IDK about NA, but in EU its really infested with leechers or extremely low geared players who arent taking any hearts, are mute and die within seconds.

And then you have rushers killing partymembers with fire or making the boss fight a goose chase.

Also summoners bots from oloveo  or Vicky guild with 194AP weps, NCsoft ban them please.. they are hm7..

2 hours ago, Laneera said:

There are much less people who would do that kind of crap than people who AFK at the start of dungeons. I know this because other MMO's (WoW for instance) also have a vote-kick system like the one we "need" here and it works fine. Most people are normal and use it the way it's intended. And either way, all present party members need to agree to kick that one player, so even if one person is being mean the others wouldn't let the vote to kick pass...

You forgot to mention WoW is a paid sub game so there are less *cricket* and less people who will abuse the system. F2P attract all kinds of players who are *cricket*. In WoW you don't see as much botter and hackers like in BnS and the community is generally nicer.

Standing in same room (or within a radius of X), without being in combat mode, for more than 5 minutes = auto-kick. Timer reset when you enter combat mode.

• Prevents vote abuse
  • No one takes more than 5min to load into a dungeon
  • Walking back and forth doesn't count, only entering combat mode resets timer so this prevents people from being a-holes and just walk around to pretend not be afk

Problem solved. There are countless conditions that can be played with and takes no effort in brainstorming them.

But of course we know this will never be implemented because it actually requires working and doesn't provide extra $$$.

On 4-7-2016 at 5:51 PM, spongemike said:

You forgot to mention WoW is a paid sub game so there are less *cricket* and less people who will abuse the system. F2P attract all kinds of players who are *cricket*. In WoW you don't see as much botter and hackers like in BnS and the community is generally nicer.

Did you ever play WoW? It had a lot of botters and hackers too. And the community was pretty toxic as well, most people I played with had general and trade chat turned off for that very reason.

On 7/4/2016 at 11:57 AM, Melodia said:

Standing in same room (or within a radius of X), without being in combat mode, for more than 5 minutes = auto-kick. Timer reset when you enter combat mode.

• Prevents vote abuse
  • No one takes more than 5min to load into a dungeon
  • Walking back and forth doesn't count, only entering combat mode resets timer so this prevents people from being a-holes and just walk around to pretend not be afk

Problem solved. There are countless conditions that can be played with and takes no effort in brainstorming them.

But of course we know this will never be implemented because it actually requires working and doesn't provide extra $$$.

How is this problem solved when someone can just press 1 button every 5 mins to get into combat mode while everyone else clears the dungeon for them? Entering combat mode is as simple as attacking the air.

You could say you must attack something, but then that likely screws over the low levels trying to get stuff done on daily challenge when 50 HM10 go through and murder everything while low levels struggle just to keep up.

We should just admit that this is not a simple problem and a good solution is hard to find because western audience are assholes.

We definately need a kick system for afk people no matter what... Don't come across with that excuse "it will be abused", cuz people are now abusing of it being afk in dungeons...

As someone stated above, most people i see afk are HM8 or above... Last night i went to Cold Storage, there had 2 HM10 afk(both summoner) and 1 BM HM9 also afk, i just quit the party cuz of it, joined another one and again had 2 guys afk, one was destroyer HM9, the other was again a summoner HM9.

Most players that i see afk, they do afk in dungeons were u can just sit at begin and still will get credit when main boss are killed like CS, Mandate, Yeti, Lair and silverfrost blue dungeons...

I've ever seen afk in Necropolis, they do help in the first part, then enter portal, and go afk. And even if u have the option to leave and join another party, that still sucks because ur daily progression will just take more time cuz some retards just want to afk, and another handful of retards don't want a kick option cuz probably they are the ones that afk ingame...

2 hours ago, Laneera said:

Did you ever play WoW? It had a lot of botters and hackers too. And the community was pretty toxic as well, most people I played with had general and trade chat turned off for that very reason.

Yes I play till 3 years ago. The LFG AND LFR is much better than BnS.  At least I don't get vote kick for not having all epic gear. I am spretty sure if we have a kick system iN BnS I would have been kcik even if I have 600AP co people want more AP so they can get carry. You get trolls in trade chat but hey at least is not full with gold sellers spamming.

11 minutes ago, CheungRR said:

We definately need a kick system for afk people no matter what... Don't come across with that excuse "it will be abused", cuz people are now abusing of it being afk in dungeons...

As someone stated above, most people i see afk are HM8 or above... Last night i went to Cold Storage, there had 2 HM10 afk(both summoner) and 1 BM HM9 also afk, i just quit the party cuz of it, joined another one and again had 2 guys afk, one was destroyer HM9, the other was again a summoner HM9.

Most players that i see afk, they do afk in dungeons were u can just sit at begin and still will get credit when main boss are killed like CS, Mandate, Yeti, Lair and silverfrost blue dungeons...

I've ever seen afk in Necropolis, they do help in the first part, then enter portal, and go afk. And even if u have the option to leave and join another party, that still sucks because ur daily progression will just take more time cuz some retards just want to afk, and another handful of retards don't want a kick option cuz probably they are the ones that afk ingame...

Is pretty simple just look at the weapons they use. A lot of them don't actually evole their weapons. Was doing a Talus daily when with 4 ppl. I refuse to help with the final boss coz this HM 10 Assisian went afk and the other 2 in the party is only around 380AP. I stay afk. Assisian came back to found out the other 2 peopel left and I am sitll in party. Clearly he was *cricket* coz in chat he kept swearing because I specifically said I am not killing a thing till he comes back and if he can go afk and get credit so can I.

On 7/4/2016 at 11:17 PM, spongemike said:

I am against a kick system. I can alwayws leave and join another party but it sucks when I kick out for no reason.

Yep.

There are other modifications that could be made. People might have to pass certain points in order to get credit for the quest. Also, dungeons could have a minimum level to prevent people who aren't ready yet from taking up people's time in the lobby. Events could have level sets so people who are too low level wouldn't feel pressured while people who are the right level would have a better chance of learning with more experienced players.

On 7/4/2016 at 2:17 AM, spongemike said:

What you said makes it seem like only one person has the power to kick. But in any case, there can be scenarios where all 5 would vote against 1. As someone above mentioned, there could be a clan of 5 that kicks the last one after a boss fight. But then again, that can probably be prevented if they implement a disable kick for X duration IF they contributed to killing the boss in addition to their already set rules like "cannot kick during an auction".

I think what we need to really do is to make a list of pros and cons of having a working kick system (not talking about lobby kicking) vs. the current system (not talking about lobby kicking). 

12 hours ago, Shinsetsu said:

How is this problem solved when someone can just press 1 button every 5 mins to get into combat mode while everyone else clears the dungeon for them? Entering combat mode is as simple as attacking the air.

You could say you must attack something, but then that likely screws over the low levels trying to get stuff done on daily challenge when 50 HM10 go through and murder everything while low levels struggle just to keep up.

We should just admit that this is not a simple problem and a good solution is hard to find because western audience are assholes.

You clearly didn't understand the point of my post.

Providing a solution is NOT the same as providing  PERFECT SOLUTION. Do you think any programming language is capable of predicting every single human behaviour, especially trolling behaviour, in an MMO? It's IMPOSSIBLE. The best that developers can do is try to predict the COMMON BEHAVIOURS, i.e., the ones I listed.

If people go as far as attack something once every 5min just to try their best to troll they'll ALWAYS find something to outsmart the system, PERIOD. There is NO perfect solution to afk trolls. The thing I suggested is the best anyone can do.

On July 4, 2016 at 11:14 PM, Ch4oskn1ght said:

Maybe you got unlucky. I never had a leecher in my party. Maybe in low lvl pug dungeons or 3vs3 pvp. But never in 4 man.

Lucky you. We used to get bots standing at the entry. Now we get bots and AFK players who slowly follow the group into boss rooms and then just stand in the corner.

There is a summoner bot program currently being used which the bot (very slowly) moves into each room, will stand for a long time in the same place (each bot does this), and then will occasionally start giving basic attack commands about half-way through the boss. After the fight and the group is moving on, the bot will stand in one place before following; usually they wait so long the party is ready and waiting in the next boss room before they move.

I have seen this in Lair pretty much every time I've done it recently with different summoner accounts and they always stand in the same places and wait the same amount of time before moving so it must be a bot program.

These bots and AFKers don't respond when spoken to or about. They also don't move when we drag the boss to them, which many parties do  :) 

I have also had leech players stand in the corner, and then slowly turn or step away when we bring the boss over. But they don't fight, help, or even complain or apologize. Sometimes they stay dead, sometimes they revive themselves, eat and then resume standing. Sometimes they even bid on items, usually upgrade mats. When it's players, they often will help and keep up through part of the dungeon, then AFK in the boss room or, in Necro, at the nodes, or, in Mandate, by the blood machine.

This problem used to be occasional but for the past week I've had to bail and join a new group for almost every LFP run I attempt in the upper dungeons and the bot presence is almost 100% for the blues. And it just occurred to me that I've mostly only seen this in the SF dungeons, not in the MW pirate zone ones.

And with AFK players, there is no link between AFK and level or ap. It's both high and low players. Lazy, selfish behavior has no HM or AP requirements.

Archived